The Chateau Diaries #209 Fanny runs through her so called friends like toilet paper!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it is really very simple...a farmhouse is a farmhouse...you can never make a Versailles out of it....accept it...or sell and move on...its like putting lipstick on a pig...it will never really work..
I have always said that about my cottage... It will never be a great !mansion just a cozy cottage. So no hardwood floors or marble counters. Simple butcher block and I do have a bespoke concrete counter around the sink ( my contractor friend wanted to try to make one). It came out great. But simple lights and furniture ( still has paneling from the 50's but people say its cozy. Fanny is so delusional... And its all crumbling around her, at least it has lipstick on it....

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I totally agree with you, who the hell needs a dinner/glassware service for 48 people these days? Plus, where the hell would you store all that in a modern house today?
Apologies in advance as I know that some of you here would have previously heard this before.
When I downsized 18 months ago - I sold one third of my 45 year gorgeous gifts/furniture/collectibles as I knew that they had true provenance and "vintage" value in the current market imo, donated another third AND, kept the remainder for my new home. Perfect!
As it happens, I still have some gorgeous MCM furniture pieces and crockery - which I view and use, every single day. If that is not the case, then it has to go!
Actually, when I downsized, I gave my son everything he needed to set up his new home BUT, without the condition that he had to keep any of it. It was just about getting him started in his new single life until he knew, could afford and, decided, what he ultimately prefers and what works best for him. I am not that precious! And, there were no real heirlooms involved, either. :ROFLMAO:
Isn't that what mothers do?
When we divorced my ex husband took our dinner service which was a present from his parents. I don’t miss it at all, well ok I did miss the gravy boat the first Christmas. He has it all stored while I’m still using what is left of the Denby which was an engagement present back in 1990. I am slowly building up an all round set of Sophie Conran china to replace the Denby as it gets broken So yes I have a dinner service it’s just in 2 styles at the moment😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I realize I may missed some vlogs, but I'm definitely confused after watching this week's CD.

Puzzle me this:
  1. is the China Room which was originally planned now going to be a boot room?
  2. if the China Room is now going to be a boot room: - am I correct to assume that the originally planned China Room is too small to hold all their china? - where is the China Room been relocated to? - why did Fanny decorate the space to be a Boot Room cum China Room cum Gardeners Cottage cum Greenhouse? - why did Fanny only place 1 very small hanging wardrobe, with only enough space for her own coats, in the new boot room?
  3. where is the China Room going?
  4. where has the large octagonal unit Fanny originally purchased for the China Room gone?
  5. are old wardrobes now being situated on the ground floor because the upstairs floors can't hold the weight?
  6. why is Fanny planning an outdoor kitchen when her indoor kitchen is dysfunctional?
  7. why is Dan there for dinner again?
  8. how quickly will it take Fanny to fill the empty coat space in her closet with Snorty's dresses?
    1. 1 hour
    2. 1 day
    3. 1 week
    4. 1 month
Last time the China room was mentioned it's relocation was supposed to be where Natti has her,so called office!

Reactions: 15
Could you imagine when he leaves how is he going to get all his scrap out if there??? And does he keep a log book of everything that is his? The longer he is there the more intertwined his crap becomes
He doesn't have a log book of his purchases.
It's all recorded on spreadsheets.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought they were going to adorn the dripping wet corridor walls with them... get Amoury to knock up some shelving amongst everything else he has to do. I'd be worried about putting blue tac up on the walls let alone drill into them... the whole house is ready to fall like a pack of cards
🎯

IJ hallway.png

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.