The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a sad twit I starch my napkins ha ha

If you're not sleeping try Bach rescue remedy all herbal and it bloody well works by jove and stops your mind racing Amazon product
I have a bottle of the rescue remedy but hadn’t realised that there was a night time version. Thank you for showing me this, will have to give it a go.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
it always puzzles me...why people emigrate to France...buying an old house and a huge piece of land...which in a few years they wont be able to keep tidy..to health or other issues....you can buy a nice new house with 500m2 for like 200000 euros or less..install a swimmingpool and you can have a nice life..why buy that old crap with huge land attatched??? and a nasty neighbor...have to say i wouldnt like to live next to Kathy...but.. to film chickens?? and complain about things you are not able to do anymore..when you are getting older...downsize and make your life easy...and easy to maintain..
I don't get it either. It's mind boggling that people don't do any homework before uprooting themselves and often their children and sometimes the grandparents to move somewhere where they have never lived, don't know anyone, don't speak the language, sell their home back in the country they came from, don't know anything about restoration or construction, and sink every penny they have into something the French themselves don't want because they know better! Mon dieu! As a born and bred American, I do understand where some of this comes from. We grow up being idealists and optimists. It's ingrained in us to think positively about our future and that we can achieve anything with a bit of luck and some hard work. You need some brains and critical thinking skills too, which is often lacking.

Reactions: 21
have you seen in the end of his vlog..how many patreons he has..:rolleyes: people are mad these days..i guess covid hit them hard..
Oh hell .... I forgot he has patreon ....... so that is where the money is getting into his paws !
His tea and candles will not pay for that lifestyle .
I just don't get it why people give money to these grifters !

• Heart
Reactions: 15
it always puzzles me...why people emigrate to France...buying an old house and a huge piece of land...which in a few years they wont be able to keep tidy..to health or other issues....you can buy a nice new house with 500m2 for like 200000 euros or less..install a swimmingpool and you can have a nice life..why buy that old crap with huge land attatched??? and a nasty neighbor...have to say i wouldnt like to live next to Kathy...but.. to film chickens?? and complain about things you are not able to do anymore..when you are getting older...downsize and make your life easy...and easy to maintain..
Do you see yourself permanently downsizing to the cottage in the future?

Reactions: 12
Very easily and at the same time avoided landfill, clogged drains, discarded used nappies on the side of the road. Cloth nappies needed to be changed more often which avoided the baby being a bit more protected from urine and faeces burn.
but it made the babies a lott earlier potty trained 🙄 these days i see kids at four years old with nappies on...or even older...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Gift grab Mummy also thinks Ruby is a girl and PhiPhi says " we all have to have patience in the grand salon with the walls having to come down?? Was it ever mentioned the walls were coming down? I know falling down but he said "coming down"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Do you see yourself permanently downsizing to the cottage in the future?
we still have a buildingplott on the estate..we planned to built something new there...my sister is building a house there now too...just next to our plot..she downsized too..she used to live at a big farm..but after the last daughter left the house last year..she thought it was time to downsize....we also have a house in France...but i think i want to go downsizing in Spain...i so hate rain and cold...My sister likes the idea both of us downsized on the estate next to eachother..but..there is also the point the big house needs living in...so its all a bit open now...i am 55 ..we still have time to decide..the cottage is nice for winter, but not for permanent living and entertaining..its really too small for that..we entertain in the big house..and we rent the cottages out in summer as holidayrentals..so i think its a bit of a luxeryproblem..we will see in time..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can say from experience that if you hire a person to clean, they are not going to come into a strangers home and put all their stuff away. They have no idea where it goes. If you want someone to put all your stuff away you need a housekeeper rather than a cleaner. They clean and put stuff away. But you need a longer term more personal relationship with them so they learn how you do things. You also need to give them more time to do the work.
I agree 100%. When I was working and had a cleaning person (a friend, actually), I spent a good hour the night before she was coming over, putting stuff away and tidying up. My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted her to really clean and not have a bunch of stuff in the way. Believe it or not, I also didn't have her clean the toilets. I felt like that was the "resident's" responsibility, and made sure my husband and kids cleaned any "messes" they made). I miss those days. 😆 I'm retired now and cannot justify the expense of hiring a cleaning person, (for a much smaller place, I might add), all because I'm feeling lazy these days. Although to be fair to my dear little self, I have had a significant back injury for the last 18 months, and haven't been able to do much.

Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I agree 100%. When I was working and had a cleaning person (a friend, actually), I spent a good hour the night before she was coming over, putting stuff away and tidying up. My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted her to really clean and not have a bunch of stuff in the way. Believe it or not, I also didn't have her clean the toilets. I felt like that was the "resident's" responsibility, and made sure my husband and kids cleaned any "messes" they made). I miss those days. 😆 I'm retired now and cannot justify the expense of hiring a cleaning person, (for a much smaller place, I might add), all because I'm feeling lazy these days. Although to be fair to my dear little self, I have had a significant back injury for the last 18 months, and haven't been able to do much.

Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.
May she rest in peace and as a hospice nurse myself , I agree sometimes people wait until loved ones leave to cross over. Take heart she is just gone in body, her spirit will always be with you. It was so beautiful that you were there comforting her at the end

• Heart
Reactions: 29

I am so sorry to hear this, I’m sure she wanted to spare you the sadness at watching her pass, the important thing to her was you spending all those hours with her, caring for her and showing your love. Sending you love and prayers 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 23

So sorry for your loss..92 is a very nice age..i guess she had a fullfilled life so that must comfort you and your family...allthough nobody like to loose their mother....all the best, and a big virtual hug for you the coming times💋

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. You did your best in her last hours and I know it was not easy as I have been through it too with my own mother. Her spirit will always be with you. I know there's a lot for you to do right now. Rest and recuperate when you can. Sadness and joy will come and go like a roller coaster but always know you did your best for her by being with her towards the end. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Gift grab Mummy also thinks Ruby is a girl and PhiPhi says " we all have to have patience in the grand salon with the walls having to come down?? Was it ever mentioned the walls were coming down? I know falling down but he said "coming down"
Well if Armoire is going to start removing walls my God is all I can say. Especially if Phillipa is assisting /directing him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
During the gift grab today surprised no one commented on Fanny calling Ruby "her" corrected by Natty followed by Snorts saying gender is just a social constraint..Hmmm, might this count as an announcement by Snorts, maybe "she" was telling us something.
I watched the gift grab. I wasn't going to because however sickened by it all, I can never really think of some pithy comment to post here in display of my disgust at their wanton greed and false sincerity. However, right when it was revealed that the vacuous cloying Fanny has (wtf!) no idea what sex her own cat is, and Little Lord Fondletoy made his 'construct' comment, my black Oriental cat Jaiya (male) projectile vomited across my desk. So... thank you my sweet Jai for so expressively summing up what I could not put into words. You deserve a treat!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
we still have a buildingplott on the estate..we planned to built something new there...my sister is building a house there now too...just next to our plot..she downsized too..she used to live at a big farm..but after the last daughter left the house last year..she thought it was time to downsize....we also have a house in France...but i think i want to go downsizing in Spain...i so hate rain and cold...My sister likes the idea both of us downsized on the estate next to eachother..but..there is also the point the big house needs living in...so its all a bit open now...i am 55 ..we still have time to decide..the cottage is nice for winter, but not for permanent living and entertaining..its really too small for that..we entertain in the big house..and we rent the cottages out in summer as holidayrentals..so i think its a bit of a luxeryproblem..we will see in time..
Thank you for answering. ❤
You are faced with a dilemma.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I watched the gift grab. I wasn't going to because however sickened by it all, I can never really think of some pithy comment to post here in display of my disgust at their wanton greed and false sincerity. However, right when it was revealed that the vacuous cloying Fanny has (wtf!) no idea what sex her own cat is, and Little Lord Fondletoy made his ridiculous 'construct' comment, my black Oriental cat Jaiya (male) projectile vomited across my desk. So... thank you my sweet Jai for so expressively summing up what I could not put into words. You deserve a treat!
i cant bear to watch that griftcrap...so Fanny doesnt know what sex her cat is?? well that explains a lott about her being together with snort... :rolleyes:

Thank you for answering. ❤
You are faced with a dilemma.
life is always involved with dilemmas..but like i said.. its all a luxeryproblem..many people these days suffer more..so i am not in a position to complain...we are still able to help a lott of those people..that makes me happy...the rest will come in time..its not realy important..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.