The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan became a dick because he wanted out and she might have become fat to get rid of him.
I don’t think anyone becomes fat intentionally. It can’t be comfortable and you’d have to live in a cave to not be aware that being obese is not healthy. And nobody would intentionally do that to their own self esteem (I don’t think?). I’m sure she is aware and self-conscious about her weight gain. The fast food they consume does them no favors. I’m thinking she stress binges.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
F4F doesn’t know Ruby the cat is a boy? She really doesn’t give a tit about animals. What a crappy self absorbed grifting faux princess.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Phillip is still posting every day but no mention of the wife and dog and he is making all the paint color decisions etc. she was very much involved before
"Their" latest vlog just popped up in my queue, and many MANY viewers are asking the same question as well: Where ARE Angelina and Lightning?!? I sadly found myself pausing on the shots of the moat (I read far too many crime books), and Phil just faffs on and about inspecting the damage to the chateau without addressing the elephant in the room. Her departure was so sudden and unexplained- even if she left him, or just needed a breather, or popped off to tend to a sick relative, all he had to do was explain, "Angelina and Lightning have departed on a short-notice trip to the UK/another Chateau/etc." But, Phil ignoring the fact his wife and dog are missing is very odd and bizarre. While I have no need for the details of what is going on in their personal life, it just seems creepy and odd with Phil carrying on "business as usual" without explaining his wife's absence. (Or even a check-in from Angelina- "Thank you for the concern- we are fine and just had an unexpected trip.") Phil, man up- you've put your life on a public platform for the world to see (and you are getting paid for it)- don't be surprised when the authorities show up because your viewers are concerned about the disappearance of your wife (who they like better than you). They know where you live, jackass.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Rentals are mostly owned by people who came to Canada with money… so mostly Chinese investors with their millions of laundered money, who literally buy apartments in bulk, or occasionally other people of course.
There are rental companies too who own multiple buildings and run them as a business, but their quality is not very good at all… most of them don’t even have in suite laundry and people have to go to the basement and use shared laundry! 😱

I’m assuming you meant how much would it be to rent… depending on how old or new the unit is, and if it’s rental company or personally owned… a 2 bedroom 1000 sqf apartment near where I live (downtown Vancouver) could be between $2500-$4000 a month. Which is wildly expensive! Considering the same people who pay these rents, won’t qualify for a mortgage of same amount, but also because of high rents, they can’t save up for a down payment.

It’s a vicious cycle…we drink kombucha to cope 😂
That is why I live on Vancouver Island. Cheaper but going up.

Reactions: 11
I agree 100%. When I was working and had a cleaning person (a friend, actually), I spent a good hour the night before she was coming over, putting stuff away and tidying up. My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted her to really clean and not have a bunch of stuff in the way. Believe it or not, I also didn't have her clean the toilets. I felt like that was the "resident's" responsibility, and made sure my husband and kids cleaned any "messes" they made). I miss those days. 😆 I'm retired now and cannot justify the expense of hiring a cleaning person, (for a much smaller place, I might add), all because I'm feeling lazy these days. Although to be fair to my dear little self, I have had a significant back injury for the last 18 months, and haven't been able to do much.

Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.
Dearest Pippin, you must be devastated! Such sad news. The first thing you might do is take some time for yourself. One cannot be brave all the time. As heartbreaking as it is, the love and care you've shown your mother Bonnie shines through your grief. I wish Bonnie safe travels and new adventures. But wherever her passing takes her, I'm sure she'll be watching over you.

I also know a little about back pain. Just as covid hit I fractured my spine, so I know how much of a struggle it must be for you. I fractured it again just a few months back and have since raged at the world. Pain seems unfair, but as much as it alters our lives, it doesn't stop us from enjoying other things. Pain can sometimes open new avenues to explore. I hope you find new paths to follow and that your recovery brings new energy, new beginings and much love to you. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He’s so much more over the top than QEII. She actually lived this way, and HE IS JUST TRYING to live this way—it’s SO not real—yet he will teach us how to do it with his staged, phony lifestyle videos. This guy really bores me.
Nicolas Fairford's idea of elegant living is a cross between the life of a housekeeper and the life of a cook.

cd756.png
cd757.png

I have a sneaky feeling he is trying hard to be gay Martha Stewart!

• Haha
He’s so much more over the top than QEII. She actually lived this way, and HE IS JUST TRYING to live this way—it’s SO not real—yet he will teach us how to do it with his staged, phony lifestyle videos. This guy really bores me.
He's just another try hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Dearest Pippin, you must be devastated! Such sad news. The first thing you might do is take some time for yourself. One cannot be brave all the time. As heartbreaking as it is, the love and care you've shown your mother Bonnie shines through your grief. I wish Bonnie safe travels and new adventures. But wherever her passing takes her, I'm sure she'll be watching over you.

I also know a little about back pain. Just as covid hit I fractured my spine, so I know how much of a struggle it must be for you. I fractured it again just a few months back and have since raged at the world. Pain seems unfair, but as much as it alters our lives, it doesn't stop us from enjoying other things. Pain can sometimes open new avenues to explore. I hope you find new paths to follow and that your recovery brings new energy, new beginings and much love to you. ❤
What a very kind reply. Thank you so much. I hope she will watch over me. ❤ We need all the angels, guides, and loving spirits we can get to help us in this life.

Yes I’ve been raging with the pain and the lack of improvement with expensive treatments. I’m a doer and everyone always counts on me to be ”doing,” so it’s hard for me to rely on others. I hope you are recovering and can put that rage behind you soon. It really is lovely to get kind words from “strangers” from all over the globe. It restores my faith in mankind. Well, almost... not the chateau begging crowd—they seem to be beyond redemption.

• Heart
Unfortunately I don’t have a news paper handy to take a pic for you… this is the best I can do without looking like a crazy person to everyone in the lounge 😂😂

View attachment 1888021
I finally got my dark / light reverse osmosis ultra filter fixed! It was very expensive and the guys really looked at me funny. Well, you all know it’s hard for me to pass up a reflection pic…
EFCA3DCE-411A-49CC-86A5-1195C98FEDEA.jpeg

Look who’s trying to derail, again? Brenda gibbons, BOOM!
C03EB06F-4274-438F-84CA-A0902C6EA0D3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.
@Pippin speaks out, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Pippin, it sounds like you have had a very tough past few days and especially difficult past 24 hours. I am so sorry for your loss. I know your mother felt comforted by your presence and heard every word you whispered to her. Please be kind to yourself.

Hopefully, some of the experiences below may provide you with some comfort about your mother’s last few hours and passing today:

My father waited until I had left the room to take his last breath. I had been on night duty with my Dad and a nurse for the last 22 nights of his hospice care at the family home he shared with my narc mom, his wife of 53 years. He had been essentially comatose and unresponsive the last 3 days of his life.

My Dad had a very difficult time during the night hours and could not sleep until the last 3 days where he was non responsive. He died of small cell carcinoma of the prostate, a very aggressive cancer.

One thing my Dad and I discussed before his final days in hospice care was a passage I had read in a book about a mother’s experience in watching her profoundly disabled son die in a hospice setting. They were incredibly close in life as he relied upon his mother to do everything for him.

The mother watched as his breaths grew more and more shallow and erratic as her son edged closer to death. After the son had passed, he quickly communicated with his mother and explained to her what it was like to die, and that with each breath he skipped while in his body here on earth during the dying process, he was taking a breath in heaven and that as his breathing grew more shallow on earth, he was breathing more fully on the side of heaven and was joyfully and painlessly completing his transition to the other side. He explained that he could hear every word she spoke, even when he was considered comatose, and was very comforted by her presence and grateful for the care and love she had given him thru out his lifetime.

So, during the first few days of his hospice care, I asked Dad if this was true and that is what he experienced when he passed, to give me a sign after he died. On the 22nd night of hospice, I had just left my father’s room after administering a final dose of morphine and a couple of minutes after I passed thru the bedroom door, the nurse called me back and said he is gone. So I went back into the bedroom and lifted up his little Shih Tzu Gidget to the hospital bed to say her final goodbye to my Dad, who had just passed away. After a few minutes, I said, okay Dad, is what the disabled young man said to his mother true with you. Did you have the same experience?

The new light bulb in the bedroom lamp next to his hospital bed in the bedroom suddenly blew out/ burnt out and went dark and the overhead lights in the room forcefully flickered twice. The nurse freaked out, but I think Dad was confirming that he had the same type of experience as the young man.

I think it is possible your mom had a similar experience and a joyful transition to heaven. I know she was grateful and appreciate for all you have done for her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I think the actual units are beautiful but I would have used different colours for sure it is all a bit insipid but could be beautiful.

@lolair you need it in concentrated format from provider like Lamberts you won't get enough from just the food give it a try

Anna's decorating style is very conservative, dare I say bland, and quite one note, but there is a focus on quality.
Fanny's decorating style is non- existent - it's like a peacock threw up in a paint factory. Fanny makes expensive look tacky and her decor is best described as shabby with no chic.

I'll take bland, clean quality over a tacky, filthy phantasmagorical mish-mash any time.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.