The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations on your VIP status @UvulaDonor next thread is yours to name. šŸ„°
Oh thank you - I'm rubbish at witty headlines happy to hand the duties over to anyone willing and able. So um what happens when you turn VIP? Free trip to CDL? :oops::oops::oops:
It's also my birthday today - crikey what next, they say things come in threes.

When you donā€™t have any money for extensive renovation and restoration and you are short on content like Shrek and the Sewer, film yourself cleaning a sewing machine. If any of you are having a hard time sleeping, put on a Minor and Faker vlog - better than a sleeping pill.

View attachment 1890315
I know people in chateaus get excited by these old sewing machines but they made millions of them and they aren't worth much at all other than novelty value (thanks antique road show). We gave ours to a charity that sends them to poor countries without electricity in villages.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
its always cheese...i guess she gets a discount from the goatcheeseman..have to say her chicken with rice looked good..also her strudel with ice...and as i am also a cheesperson i dont mind a cheesedish..i just dont like the fact she is always touching her nose and her hair when she is preparing food..also her kitchen is a bit cramped ..but it looks clean...and seeing her herbs....its just the same here...whenever we go shopping ...my husband wants to go into delicatessenshops...so we have loads of herbs and things.. :eek: and when i want something...i cant find it...
I don't have much space to keep all the herbs and spices I like to use and they are stacked front to back in the cupboard, so I created a spreadsheet listing them. That way when I find a recipe I want to use, I don't have to pull them all down before adding them to my shopping list. I still have to dig around when it's time to cook, but I don't end up with duplicates, or thinking I have it when I don't.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh thank you - I'm rubbish at witty headlines happy to hand the duties over to anyone willing and able. So um what happens when you turn VIP? Free trip to CDL? :oops::oops::oops:
It's also my birthday today - crikey what next, they say things come in threes.
Well, double whammy, birthday and VIP! Congratulations! Big party in the VIP lounge tonight. šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‚ Have you purchased any lottery tickets lately? Maybe that will be your third. šŸ˜»

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He must have bought it by now though, wasn't he digging up around it looking for caves or sorting water or something... you can't do that to other people's property..
They might have bought it ā€œen viagerā€ paying an amount up front followed by monthly payments to the vendor for the duration of his life.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I honestly didn't know who you were talking about in that top line... is it that idiot Ed who moans and then turns on his wife? Is it that bore from How to Renovate a Chateau who never stops moaning? Dan's been moaning for several years now, is it him? Oh the list never ends...
Add Marc from Going Solo in France to this list.
He doesn't stop.
I'm not surprised he's 'going solo' because I doubt anyone could put up with his negativity.

Plus he's got some kooky ideas.
He thinks smart meters are a potential means for 'the government' to control us.
Then he wonders why his subscriber numbers aren't rocketing.

One of his vlogging heroes is . . . drum roll . . . Dan the Man. :rolleyes:

• Haha
You have to rent a bin? That is theft! We can use any container, the garbage collection/garden waste etc collection is all part of our taxes... I have brown bags but only for overflow, I use a Rubbermaid garbage bin for garden waste... It's all such bullshit, but gotta play their game or your stuck figuring out how to get it to the dump... I refuse to buy black garbage bags that don't break down in landfill, so just put my garbage directly in the garbage bins.
In Melbourne green waste is put in wheelie bins and collected by the council.
Payment for this is through our council rates.
So in a way we 'rent a bin'.

At our country place there is no provision by the council for green waste collection.
The expectation is that you take garden waste to the tip for recycling, for which you pay a fee, and then they sell it back to the community as mulch.
Double dipping at it's best.
Anyway this has resulted in the dumping of green waste out in the bush, creating all sorts of problems.
Fortunately a company from Bendigo started fortnightly green waste collection for central Victoria.
And of course we 'rent', pay a fee.

Reactions: 10
omg Dana!!! pushing her hair back, touching the food, wiping her nose on the back of her hand, touching the food.... do none of these people have any kitchen etiquette?
Why? The title says ā€žgourmet foodā€œ.

Ive never been to France land but if they add dandruffs, dried nose secret and hair, who are we to judge?

They eat snails and frogs too, for Godā€™s sake.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
For all the Tartlets looking to restore their leather furniture, this has just been e mailed to me? Why I donā€™t know as I have no leather chairs.

Do Not Throw Away Leather Seat
New breakthrough device restores your leather items back to their day-one condition. Apparently it tells you How To Restore Your Leather In Under 3 Minutes. Along with pictures to prove it!
Will it restore leather that still attached to itā€™s original owner?!? Asking for a friend with a very saggy derriereā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I use Irish linen every day, but paper napkins for guests. As a die hard snob who believes table manners are a must, I used to pride myself on presenting lovely meals in convivial settings for friends until... one evening, the plus one of a friend used her linen napkin to wipe off her bright red stay fast lipstick at table, blew her nose, then used the edge of the table cloth to finish the job. She was a nice enough person, but had the table manners of an imbecile. I appreciate etiquette in others but this woman makes Jewelyn look like a finishing school graduate. It took 4 washes, and 2 trips to the dry cleaners to get the napkin and table cloth clean, so now I don't bother.
Wowā€¦thatā€™s something my nieces would have done when they were 3 years oldā€¦ And not for long, either! It seems like not using a cloth or linen napkin to blow your nose would be a no-brainer. Itā€™s just disgusting to blow your nose at the table. šŸ¤¢. Maybe Snorts could discuss this issue in his next how-to vlog! šŸ˜†

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Add Marc from Going Solo in France to this list.
He doesn't stop.
I'm not surprised he's 'going solo' because I doubt anyone could put up with his negativity.

Plus he's got some kooky ideas.
He thinks smart meters are a potential means for 'the government' to control us.
Then he wonders why his subscriber numbers aren't rocketing.

One of his vlogging heroes is . . . drum roll . . . Dan the Man. :rolleyes:
Oh him! I did watch him for a couple of months... then he started getting so depressing and rude sometimes... I'm here for a good time not a long one!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had a mate who used to do the marketing and sales for a leather wholesaler - she told me all about leather furniture. Unfortunately most of the stuff you buy is not 100 pure leather, they strip off a thin section of the skin and back it with vinyl, so it doesn't last like a thick piece of leather would. True enough, a 'leather' chair I had started to peel off in flakey bits (albeit after 8 years I think) - whereas my pure leather sofa is still looking good. Who knew that all leather is NOT equal.
Here thatā€™s marketed as ā€œbondedā€ leather. Horrible quality. It ends up in landfills within a few years.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Well well Dan that throw away line at the end of his vlog "maybe it will have fallen down and done him a favour". He is going back to the chateau with Nick to cut the trees along the driveway, perhaps by the end of the week, weather permitting.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.