The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm no expert on lakes 😂 but I do believe the lake was a man-made sport fishing feature, along with the fish holding area (the area that Potts wants to be the natural swimming pond). They diverted water to create it (centuries ago) from the local streams and it has a built-in sluice (?) feature to lower the lake (control the water level), when fish would be moved to the holding area (natural swimming pond to be) perhaps for breeding or restocking. Not sure how the lake is or was connected to the moat, if at all. The moat also used to be larger and was changed at some point, but they discovered original walls. Not sure about the water table or well system of the property but there are some natural streams that seem to run through the property. I can't recall any video where Stephoney talked in-depth or knowledgeably about water on the property (lake, natural natural streams, water table, wells and natural water sources). Her "narrative" was that water police demanded she drain the lake and threatened her with fines and legal troubles, so she did so without talking to any experts (being all alone and depressed, she didn't bother to investigate or hire an expert at that time - insert sob story here) -- so she opened the sluice (?) and drained the man-made lake. She found out some years later that the water police lied to her or misled her -- I recall her saying that she could have chosen NOT to drain the lake, but once she did so, they could then threaten her with legal troubles if she refilled it (using local water). I do know that Europe has complicated rules around water for conservation. In the meantime, trees and shrubs have filled the area -- and I believe there's still some swamp area where the frogs and other creatures have made their home. We'd need a good topical map to see the water systems clearly which I suspect that now have with the various surveys.
Perhaps someone will be able to explain to me how this woman was on her own draining the lake when allegedly Potts was attempting to save the fish and the Larkin blackguard was there as well?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
according to her instagram pavlina is now in poland. so who will clean christmas ornaments in the house?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I can never remember which it was, but one of them was in the local government back in the UK and never informed them he was moving full time to France. When he was caught he claimed to still be able to serve his UK constituency from their crap palace. As you say, another palaver!
It was Ash who worked as a councellor.
exactly. and she speaks French.
She speaks French but as far as I can see basic/everyday French definitely not enough to converse in a formal setting. If I remember correctly when she went to Paris she was reading her speech, so well prepared!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Subway tile to the ceiling would look far more appropriate and French. Two rows of tile look ridiculous especially against the dark green paint.

View attachment 1854200
The colors remind me of Teabag’s cottage kitchen
oak cabinets with dark green walls
but done on the cheap. Two rows of tile backsplash looks unfinished and cheap. What material is the countertop? Not having the kitchen sink centered under the window would drive me crazy. But
I guess I shouldn’t be too harsh. They remodeled the kitchen, finished a project, and supposedly kept within a budget. If their budget only allowed for certain finishes, then I can’t fault them. But it couldn’t have been too much more money to add more tile to the backsplash.

2497F72B-FF95-4E27-A346-625E8AE78D56.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I believe all of the above that Potty Baghead and mummy dear were involved but let’s not forget that there is a vlog where she said she was completely ALONE at the shittoo when the water police came and frightened her so much by accusing her of breaking the law so she emptied the pond immediately.
Her lies contradict each other, was she alone and helpless Noooo. Were they all too mean to pay out so that the lake and it‘s outflow did not contravene the EU regulations on water control. Yeeeesss.
I wonder if she had to pay some fee to have had emptied the lake like that. It certainly didn't comply to any regulations to just empty it. What about all the fish and other animals?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It was Ash who worked as a councellor.

She speaks French but as far as I can see basic/everyday French definitely not enough to converse in a formal setting. If I remember correctly when she went to Paris she was reading her speech, so well prepared!
Ashtray as a politician????? Now that’s funny. Really? Impossible. Just cannot even imagine it. 😂 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has Stephoney provided any concrete details about the new heating system? I recall there being a few different ideas and a phased approach. Is it a new boiler? gas, oil, pellets? I feel like we've only been given bare details because it's boring, unlike splashing out on "beautiful" things.
She probably doesn’t know what they are quoting for and does not care. Bunman is dealing with it as it is his friend? What is shocking is that she has only one quote and £300k was mentioned. Who on earth would ever do that. I guess someone who is not paying for it. We know Nathan only does gas installation and not wood pellet as I rang him!!
And also who installs gas with the energy situation as it is?????

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have to say that although Belly’s convent work is good, I keep wondering why the time and money weren’t put instead into the chateau -finishing restoration of rooms, basement kitchen, waterproofing terrace etc?????? The whole family seems disinterested in the chateau, not even living in it or using it in any way to make money. I guess the Wife/Baby Machine has family money to burn and Belly is playing with it.

View attachment 1854322
Billy and Gwen’s “end game” is still a mystery. Just a guess on my part
 but I think Billy might be planning to rent out the Chateau to film crews to record shows or movies, and then use the convent as rental housing for the production team and actors. If Begmania will be a film set, there’s no need to sink more money into the basement kitchen and those other things (at the moment). But, if they want to entice film crews to come to Begmania, there also needs to be the infrastructure to support that effort
including a place for a large group of people to stay for an extended period
the convent. I don’t think a large hotel or rental property exists near Begmania today. If that’s the plan, I have to give him credit for the idea. Of course, Teabag is busy getting ready for his big screen debut and close-ups! 😆

E2A43BA1-644E-476F-B61B-FFA2B3FD3C6A.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I have to say that although Belly’s convent work is good, I keep wondering why the time and money weren’t put instead into the chateau -finishing restoration of rooms, basement kitchen, waterproofing terrace etc?????? The whole family seems disinterested in the chateau, not even living in it or using it in any way to make money. I guess the Wife/Baby Machine has family money to burn and Belly is playing with it.

View attachment 1854322
Irish travellers just saying
. Family of Ryan and Billy?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Beau Chateau, Chateau Purnon, Our French Chateau are all far more interesting than the Smug's and Fanny. Beat Chateau source trees locally and do work themselves. All three of these have interesting content that isn't banal and following chicken etc-begs the question how does Fanny have such rabid followers. Beau Chateau also work running their business, they don't all bang on about editing and how hard they work and how little time they have.

90's crockery too and a faux sunflower ummmm
Patreon cannot buy class

That room is a misfit as are the owners.
I am glad they are happy though as this really seems to be a dream for them and they do work hard.
For me a smaller home and NOT by a motorway that I owned,and did not have to live in the attic of and have people camping on my land would be my dream!
Thankfully I do not have to dream or ebeg.

according to her instagram pavlina is now in poland. so who will clean christmas ornaments in the house?
Is she on her way back to Ukraine.

I have been contacted today to ask if I am will to take in a single lady from Ukraine.
How difficult will this be? I understand that 80% have PTSD type problems. They want their own food.
And also they need help with day to day paperwork and accessing services .
What did Fanny do to help Pavlina?
In the Uk I think. 
.. host families get £ 350 per person per month towards food etc. I am not doing it for the money!
Just wondering if Fanny was getting money from the state to host her so called refugee?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

View attachment 1854322
All a bit strange to me. I find it hard to believe Billy doesn't have a plan, doing all this work and spending a small fortune on building supplies, tools and wages for two men, but no direction or plan?? But whatever he's doing, it puts Fanny to shame. He works hard and has something to show for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1853942

I was just thinking that painting the kitchen cabinets might help too. Also, they need to remove the kid’s bedroom set mirrors off the wall. At least they are trying and their kitchen isn’t covered in grease and grime.
What’s worse - the sink which is not centred on the window or the 2-row “backsplash”? Did they run out of tiles? Couldn’t afford more because the cabinets took up entire $600 budget?

View attachment 1854171
I have never noticed a backsplash stopping there....usually to the upper cabinets- or close anyway. My husband has done numerous tile backsplashes- but I never saw one stop there. I was going to say maybe the tiles are back ordered and they’ll finish when they arrive...we can only hope!!! 😳

• Heart
  • Haha
The Columbians need to watch the Gay Twink’s channel or have him come teach them how to set a more flamboyant table for a party.

View attachment 1854291
Nothing like paper napkins to set an impressive table and trying to pull off a table runner by using folded fabric doesn't quite work. Where are the water glasses? This reminds me of attending budget receptions in church basements. I can only imagine what the menu is. 😗

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.