Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Freesia54

VIP Member
We are not offended. We have corrected all the English words the English (Brits) have mispronounced for hundreds of years. We call it the New English! 🤣
I suppose it depends where you come from... I'm in the NW of England and we say Skedule although I do spell it correctly as schedule

Reactions: 8
Stephanie Jarvis is feverishly working on a strategy that will be as profitable as possible, weighing the different grifting options. Until she decides how to move forward with this the plan is to downplay the dangers and act as normal as possible to make it look like everything is "under control". She has been warned of the dangers of not just a collapse of the building but also a collapse in trust amongst her patrons, as she has already publicly revealed the seriousness of the structural problems. However she actually seems to believe that by acting cheerful she can avert all calamities. Some of her closest family members feel that this proves she has lost her mind completely.
Could that be used by the family/co-owners to wrest control of everything from Stephamememe’s grasp,including the money? Something along the lines of an involuntary commitment? Could the French government step in over the health and safety issues?

Madame No

VIP Member
That's kind of ironic to me- a very suburban, very conservative, and very unworldly misfit trying to be punk in Vivienne Westwood. Nope it doesn't work!
SJ tries to be granny chic and just looks cheap.
She wore it when she met with the French society or whatever it was in New York. I'll try to the find the video with her wearing it. A lot of people didn't like it, but I did. Some of Vivienne Westwood's designs, especially her evening wear, was quite wearable, not punk at all.

Found it! 18th CENTURY PANELLING FOR THE CHATEAU!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
F007D4DF-2D5B-4F91-BEB1-99721F90144C.png
Poor Saint Kathy is feeling bitter today towards her chickens. They’ll be chicken fingers and nuggets soon.

Blessed be the chickens.

125A65E3-8EB8-4D3B-AF68-0A82B616CCFE.jpeg

• Haha

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
Great time lapse from Escape to the Nightmare on how to install a dated 1990’s kitchen! They sure know how to do things on a budget. I admire their work ethic but they’ve got the taste combo of Angie from Chateau Strife and that British couple from DIY with a tea room who can’t sell their chateau.

C4B1C6E9-2A3A-4316-9DF8-648A669C42A1.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Chateau la Griffarie have a quote to repair their whole roof of 280k euro which will require scaffolding in place for 3 months. @Jeeves how does that sound to your OH. Mine, here in Ireland thinks that's a pretty fair price for the job.
Seems reasonable enough although he's no expert!

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
I see Oliver Strong gave £150 to Marina Kim's crowdfunding for her passport application as she wanted to remain in the UK. Over £700 was raised; then her company paid for the application anyway, but she kept the donations for the next time she might have to do it. She doesn't appear to be short of money either. Birds of a feather...These scoundrels really beggar belief.
Marina used to be quite attractive before the breast augmentation and brassy blonde hair.

Reactions: 7

vitanova

VIP Member
I guess the Catholic church has had hundreds of years of corruption, doing whatever they like and getting away with it. I thought this last pope was a bit of a dude - he seemed keen on some quite radical reform; especially when compared to all his predecessors.
I remember wandering around Europe, especially Austria and Germany and seeing the excesses of the Catholic church - so many of the palaces were for men of the church and they even called themselves 'prince bishops' - for fun we went on a $5 Sound of Music tour in Salzburg and I remember the fountain where Maria sings something is in the grounds of a palace that was built for a Bishop's mistress and their 10{?) kids - so much for celibacy.
By the time we got to Martin Luther's house in Wittenberg - I could totally see where the dude was coming from in regard to the excesses and corruption of the Catholic church; I was right there with him.
salzburg was a territory ruled by archbishop. like some other parts of empire had secular princes and dukes etc, this one had a church man

Reactions: 7