Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
I was abused by the nuns at the French catholic school I attended until grade six, it was verbal abuse and physical (rulers and pointers used to strike us) in grade one a nun shook me until I wet myself. When my parents realized I was failing all subjects except religion they moved me to a public school I ended up failing two grades until I could catch up. My ex husband’s brothers had to threaten a priest that was keeping him back in the showers because he wasn’t “clean” you were lucky
Very very sadly there is such a thing as Boarding school syndrome. I have been reading a book on it…. It’s good to see the explanations and have some understanding on why things are the way they are….

Reactions: 7

Luna20

VIP Member
My name is not a "normal" English name.
In my teens, whenever anybody asked me what my name was, especially in my new found mid-teen social setting and I told them, they would always say "what?". Just got so tiresome!
From the age of 15, I have always used a 3 lettered shortened version of my real birth name. So much easier for all involved and has worked perfectly for me to this day.
All my family still do still call me by my given birth name.
For some unknown reason, people always try to guess my birth name - only 1% of which are ever correct after offering many options. Which, I would never admit to them being correct, in any case. Just why would they ever feel the need to do so when I have told them my current day name - says far more about them, than me, control freaks springs to my mind in that they always have to prove themselves right! 🤮
Spanish movie stars with catholic heritage is my only clue! And, it does not begin with S either! :D :ROFLMAO:
Cayetana 😀

• Haha

LadyRed

VIP Member
I thought it was very telling that Fanny in her appreciation speech to her patreons spelled Stuart's name as Stewart. One of the signs of disrespect is not getting someone's name right especially after all the time she has been spent at the HMN. Once again, it shows Fanny's self centeredness.

Thought I'd have a little fun with Stuart's name. Some suggestions online for a female version were listed as Stuella and Stewett! 🤣 I wonder if she will think I'm one of her haters now? I don't hate you Stuella, really I don't. I just hate your headband.
Lets not kid ourselves, it was probably Billy the Kid who misspelled it.

• Wow

nyamunken22

I asked in the other thread, who is he? I mean the guy SJ is kissing in Venice. Looks like a gondola. Was this taken before the shittoo started?

Summerbaby

VIP Member
In January 2020, when she broke down her expenses, Fanny claimed she paid €376/month in house insurance.
Seems about right to me as it is vast and v.v. old too, and that's prob the premium just for building insurance.
I wonder how much she pays for the contents insurance on the HMN? Especially in view of all the unnecessary "fluff" she has accumulated down the years - hey, even just what she has bought during the past year? That would be an absolute nightmare to itemise and insure for both the homeowner and the ins company alike. Must take weeks to complete the appropriate paperwork! :sick:
Added to which, Nic and Potts' personal sections of the HMN are most likely viewed as separate entities too as they are self contained, who really knows? Just so convoluted! :rolleyes:
It's always only ever been a total annual headache for me as a homeowner in connection with insurance, (just like everybody else I imagine). Thankfully, these days, I have a very minimalist interior/contents list and a medium sized 3-bed house - happy days! :D

Beachgirl

VIP Member
I would not consider what’s labeled the second courtyard as a courtyard. Perhaps by a basic definition it is. But it’s really a stable-yard. Built as such, used as such loooooong before Princess Putrid came on the scene. And I’m sure there’s plenty of horse pucky and other waste stuck in the corners and under the gravel.

Isn’t there a closet in one of the guest rooms that opens onto one of the tower stairs?

it shows it at around 21.50

She was so OTT and manic. They must've thought she was on drugs and quite unstable. I remember the interviewer being dressed quite conservatively and talking in a calm and collected manner while Fanny was flinging her arms and claws all over the place with that open mouth and exaggerated facial expressions. It was just as embarrassing as the Christies tastemaker videos.
I thought it was worse as the camera focus was so tight on her and it magnified her behavior.

• Haha
lets hope they know what they are doing..in my experience sometimes asbestos is hidden in a way you dont recognize it...we also had asbestos in some cottages...lucky the builders knew what they were doing...i dont believe all those workers including Billy are that experienced...but i could be wrong offcourse..
Laura Kampf rebuilding her house went around and swabbed a bunch of surfaces and sent it out and she had to remove the asbestos.

I just want to know where all these (18?) people slept given half the shittoo is condemned and about to collapsed.
- Fanny, Snorty
- Anmuary & Natti
- Natti's relatives (3?)
- Potty, Ruth
- Mummy & Percy
- Chantal, Steve
- Stuart
- Pavlina
- Snorty's parents & brother (3)
Gerry. Kat. Dan Tess, Dana

Summerbaby

VIP Member
I can relate, as my name is often mispronounced- as well as misspelled. Sometimes it almost seems intentional. I correct people a couple of times maybe when we’ve first met- but after that I just let it go. But it’s difficult not to be annoyed with it! 🤦🏼‍♀️
My name is not a "normal" English name.
In my teens, whenever anybody asked me what my name was, especially in my new found mid-teen social setting and I told them, they would always say "what?". Just got so tiresome!
From the age of 15, I have always used a 3 lettered shortened version of my real birth name. So much easier for all involved and has worked perfectly for me to this day.
All my family still do still call me by my given birth name.
For some unknown reason, people always try to guess my birth name - only 1% of which are ever correct after offering many options. Which, I would never admit to them being correct, in any case. Just why would they ever feel the need to do so when I have told them my current day name - says far more about them, than me, control freaks springs to my mind in that they always have to prove themselves right! 🤮
Spanish movie stars with catholic heritage is my only clue! And, it does not begin with S either! :D :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
You're okay @HalcyonOrganic 😱 ???
Hope you are part of these 26 %..........

IMG-20230101-WA0001.jpg

Translation:
Worry and scepticism: Only 26% of people in Austria go into 2023, according to the current MAS New Year Survey. According to the survey, people are most worried about inflation. The most frequently expressed wish is health for oneself and the family.

• Heart
  • Wow

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Total derail alert!
For the multitude of Fur Bunny Mothers here and, I know, there are many - I would suggest watching this YT channel.
I watch it even though I personally don't currently have any pets myself, (although was always brought up with dogs/cats). BUT, that does not say I dislike pets, just been far too busy working full time up till recently and wasn't able to give any dog/cat the 100% attention they deserve. Although, may all change in the not too distant future!
Please enjoy even though some of Mary-Beth's vlogs are totally heartbreaking and she does such good work for less than properly cared for animals in her community. She reminds me so much of an ex-colleague I used to work with and, she even looked a little like her too because of her medical condition, BUT, without a doubt - funny, hard working, straight talking, 100% caring and so empathic. ❤
Rover's Makeover Dog Grooming - YouTube

Last edited:
  • Heart