The Chateau Diaries #205 Nutty's Ma put more $ into her sagging bosom, than SJ did in her sagging beams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess the Catholic church has had hundreds of years of corruption, doing whatever they like and getting away with it. I thought this last pope was a bit of a dude - he seemed keen on some quite radical reform; especially when compared to all his predecessors.
I remember wandering around Europe, especially Austria and Germany and seeing the excesses of the Catholic church - so many of the palaces were for men of the church and they even called themselves 'prince bishops' - for fun we went on a $5 Sound of Music tour in Salzburg and I remember the fountain where Maria sings something is in the grounds of a palace that was built for a Bishop's mistress and their 10{?) kids - so much for celibacy.
By the time we got to Martin Luther's house in Wittenberg - I could totally see where the dude was coming from in regard to the excesses and corruption of the Catholic church; I was right there with him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
One thing about Fanny having a gay boyfriend who loves stuff is it's easy to buy birthday and Christmas presents for him! Straight men in a relationship generally just want a nice dinner and sex, not necessarily in that order! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
i once had a conversation about this with my fathers sister, who lived in a convent..,i said to her, did you know these things happened...yes she said... those priests just went to another place...where the abuse for sure continued...and nobody even mentioned it.. :eek: even the parents kept silent about it...she also meantioned a priest who made a girl pregnant..the priest bought the family a farm in another part of the country..
I was sent to boarding school aged 6yrs and 10 weeks. Catholic Nuns in junior school and Jesuit priests at college. No abuse happened to me.
Years later my 1st Cousin married a guy who had been through the same process as me, we were friends at school.. He had by then inherited from his father and was an English Lord. He told me that Catholic priests who were accused of molestation were forbidden to defend themselves. This meant that though there were obviously the genuine cases which we all find deplorable and revolting, some of the priests were subject to malicious and untruthful allegations from which they were unable to defend themselves.
I have been through the system personally. I never saw anything until a former favourite priest who taught me, was my dormitory master was accused of molestation. He was unable to defend himself in court. He was subsequently sent to prison. We both knew the accuser and both knew that he held a grudge against this particular priest who was otherwise very popular with the boys.
In the interest of balance and fairness, I'd like to acknowledge that not ALL the allegations were real. This is not intended to diminish the legitimate claims of real victims of which there are many. Merely to show that there were also victimised priests who were innocent.
And now everyone will hate me but I'm just showing a different view.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Brooches are for ladies mostly older ladies to be fair I’ve become one of the brooch Wearing ladies but to be fair they are my grandmothers
I love brooches but I don't wear them. They probably should only be worn on jackets and coats, maybe some sweaters, as they will leave holes in lighter weight woven garments. Many vintage and antique brooches have gnarly pins that are quite crude. Uncle Steve wearing them on button down print shirts is particularly odd. He needs to take a lesson from Coco Chanel, before you leave the house, remove at least one accessory!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I guess the Catholic church has had hundreds of years of corruption, doing whatever they like and getting away with it. I thought this last pope was a bit of a dude - he seemed keen on some quite radical reform; especially when compared to all his predecessors.
I remember wandering around Europe, especially Austria and Germany and seeing the excesses of the Catholic church - so many of the palaces were for men of the church and they even called themselves 'prince bishops' - for fun we went on a $5 Sound of Music tour in Salzburg and I remember the fountain where Maria sings something is in the grounds of a palace that was built for a Bishop's mistress and their 10{?) kids - so much for celibacy.
By the time we got to Martin Luther's house in Wittenberg - I could totally see where the dude was coming from in regard to the excesses and corruption of the Catholic church; I was right there with him.
salzburg was a territory ruled by archbishop. like some other parts of empire had secular princes and dukes etc, this one had a church man

Reactions: 7
Ok, back from my lil Key West trip and way behind on page 10 of 28. Here’s a sneak peek of where Key West will lower drag queen Sushi down in a giant red high heel at midnight est on New Year’s Eve.
F748A287-81C3-448F-AE3E-83311226A3DD.jpeg

Congratulations @Gertrude Maud, you did it! What are your fondest and most embarrassing moments as a tartlet?

Mummy has a Gucci throw blanket and Stuart has a Gucci headband that make appearances around the same time….🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Here’s a sneak peek of where Key West will lower drag queen Sushi down in a giant red high heel at midnight est on New Year’s Eve.

I always say it's not New Year until you've lowered a drag queen in a red shoe.

I hope you enjoyed your anniversary Key West trip, Jules.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I was sent to boarding school aged 6yrs and 10 weeks. Catholic Nuns in junior school and Jesuit priests at college. No abuse happened to me.
Years later my 1st Cousin married a guy who had been through the same process as me, we were friends at school.. He had by then inherited from his father and was an English Lord. He told me that Catholic priests who were accused of molestation were forbidden to defend themselves. This meant that though there were obviously the genuine cases which we all find deplorable and revolting, some of the priests were subject to malicious and untruthful allegations from which they were unable to defend themselves.
I have been through the system personally. I never saw anything until a former favourite priest who taught me, was my dormitory master was accused of molestation. He was unable to defend himself in court. He was subsequently sent to prison. We both knew the accuser and both knew that he held a grudge against this particular priest who was otherwise very popular with the boys.
In the interest of balance and fairness, I'd like to acknowledge that not ALL the allegations were real. This is not intended to diminish the legitimate claims of real victims of which there are many. Merely to show that there were also victimised priests who were innocent.
I was abused by the nuns at the French catholic school I attended until grade six, it was verbal abuse and physical (rulers and pointers used to strike us) in grade one a nun shook me until I wet myself. When my parents realized I was failing all subjects except religion they moved me to a public school I ended up failing two grades until I could catch up. My ex husband’s brothers had to threaten a priest that was keeping him back in the showers because he wasn’t “clean” you were lucky

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I love brooches but I don't wear them. They probably should only be worn on jackets and coats, maybe some sweaters, as they will leave holes in lighter weight woven garments. Many vintage and antique brooches have gnarly pins that are quite crude. Uncle Steve wearing them on button down print shirts is particularly odd. He needs to take a lesson from Coco Chanel, before you leave the house, remove at least one accessory!
Ah but this guy would remove his trouser. A shrinking violet he ain't😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't hate you. It must be terrible not to be able to defend yourself for being accused wrongly. When I was a school teacher, I was so careful to never get myself into any situation where a child might accuse me of something inappropriate. I was never alone with a student. Never initiated any kind of physical contact. Male teachers had it so much worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Do you suppose the Influencer and Wallpaperer are scrambling for content for tomorrow’s vlog? We better not see anymore projects in the kitchen or dining room or a lame cooking segment.

6D1346F9-16D7-4152-9F73-7B17B15C5BF3.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I was abused by the nuns at the French catholic school I attended until grade six, it was verbal abuse and physical (rulers and pointers used to strike us) when my parents realized I was failing all subjects except religion they moved me to a public school I ended up failing two grades until I could catch up. My ex husband’s brothers had to threaten a priest that was keeping him back in the showers because he wasn’t “clean” you were lucky
Catholic nuns were very hard core. I know why but it's too long and complicated to go into here.
I was dropped off as a child at boarding school, and my parents left me without saying goodbye. The next morning I asked the nun in charge if I could phone my parents and she replied that I could not because they did not want to speak to me. Trust me, I know about the cruelty of nuns.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Time for the first annual Chateau Grifter UTube awards. Feel free to add awards.

2022 Tone Deaf Award - The Influencer and Wallpaperer

2022 Misappropriation Award - Chatelaine d’ Ardwhore

2022 Most Irrelevant Channel - Doing it Himself

2022 Most Disappointing Channel - Doing it Himself

2022 Most Derelict Chateau - tie between LiarLand and VantheMan’s already collapsed chateau

2022 Most Likely to Make You Fall Asleep - Minor and Faker

2022 BS Award - tie between the Mansplainers Dread (Bordeaux Strife) and Pill ( Chateau Strife)

2022 Worst Editing - The Lesbians of the Chateau Productions

2022 Greatest Rambler - Patsy from Columbia

2022 Least Able to Speak During a Vlog - tie between Stewie from Columbia and The Mansplainer’s wife

2022 Most Likely to Finish The Chateau - The Gilder and her hubby

2022 Most Annoyingly Irrelevant Commentary - tie between Fill-Up J and Ryen

2022 Sympathy Award - tie between Homeless Alexandra and the recovering Chatelaine Love

2022 Hardest Working - tie between Belly Potterick and the Gilder and her husband

.2022 Laziest Chatelaine - Chatelaine d’ Ardwhore

2022 Bad Taste - Angie from Chateau Strife

2022 Messiest Chateau owners - The French Beans

2022 Least Likely Channel to Succeed - tie between Fill-Up J’s and the Two Poufs

2022 Most Likely to Start an OnlyFans page - tie between Vana and the Dowager Argentinian

2022 Gravel and Render Content Award - Escape to the Nightmare

2022 Most Naturalized Chateau - VantheMan’s chateau/ruin
Wonderful! But there was one award missing…

2022 Most Likely to Desert the Military Again Because of Hurt Feelings - Belly Petherick

See all you 15 Haters and 3 Hags on the Red Carpet!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I was raised Catholic and when the exposure of abuse started coming out my mother asked both my brothers, who had been alter boys, if they had any untoward experiences with any of the priest, which I'm sure was extremely difficult for her, thankfully they had not. It was unconscionable that the church tried to dismiss it. They still haven't come clean about it. Many priests have just been shuffled around or stuffed away somewhere.
And that’s why I think the entire organization needs to be made an example of. These actions were purposefully done. It was organized pedophilia on a horrible scale! And to attempt a cover up is revolting. While there are surely many good people in the church, a sin of omission is no better than a sin of comission! Heartbreaking the willful damage done to children! My childhood best friend’s baby brother was abused as an altar boy. He struggled for years afterwards to recover but finally lost his fight to overdose almost 20 years ago. A sweet, kind and very funny young man destroyed by a lay leader and a priest together! The church just shuffled them around.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Well it's time wish you well and a Happy New Year. It's gonna be a good one, I feel it in my waters. Never worked out what that expression meant but I'm using it now.
A Hindu lady taught me to make real curries when I was working in Harare Zimbabwe. She told me that anyone living from year 2000 onwards was having their karmic account balanced. I feel a massive reckoning in the near future for the crime family at Le lande. If we can help to bring that on then it will be a job well done. These tattlers have the power to do it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR🍹🍻🍾🍾🍷🍷🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.