The Chateau Diaries #205 Nutty's Ma put more $ into her sagging bosom, than SJ did in her sagging beams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy new year to my favourite 15 people! We old hags really had a busy year! Here’s to another eventful 2023. You can’t shop, scam and hide forever strep. We are onto you! 🧐

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Fanny before fangs are fixed…..

They had a mouse in the kitchen cupboard… Squirrel would have loved it.

And Fanny paints over cracks in her bedroom. She has never done things properly. Why would she start now?
Dan needs to be shown the teeth photo as an example of the future if he doesn't take the soothers/pacifiers off the boys. Our youngest believed that Santa's took his in exchange for presents.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Dan needs to be shown the teeth photo as an example of the future if he doesn't take the soothers/pacifiers off the boys. Our youngest believed that Santa's took his in exchange for presents.
And if a child is school age… and still has a dummy….
I wonder why we still use these things? I’m going to have a read as my great neice has one at the suggestion of a health visitor…. Maybe if they have colic. I don’t know.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’ve always been rather taken aback at the “shock” and “surprise” when the catholic church’s abuse history was made globally public. I’m not catholic though I’ve dated some who were. It was always local knowledge which priests to avoid and which laymen were enablers here. Being that Louisiana is rife with catholic clergy you can’t throw, well, anything without hitting a church, orphanage, convent or retreat house. It was general knowledge that it was a problem that kept getting swept under the rug. As for public perception I can’t tell you how many borscht belt comics I’ve heard tell jokes about priests and altar boys. Entire comedy routines were built around clergy abuse and the church’s response. Yet the world recoiled in horrified shock as if the church would never condone such an action. For pity’s sake, they’ve been sending children and wives back directly into the hands of abusers for centuries. And allowing a diocese to file bankruptcy protection for it’s assets instead of appropriately compensating its victims isn’t just shameful, it’s criminal in my opinion. Personally I think any and all enablers who assisted in the abuse and/or resulting coverup should find themselves permanently imprisoned. Or facing capital punishment. And there is no mea culpa that can void the sins committed against children, period! No discussion, no debate and definitely no forgiveness. There is no good deed that can negate these events. Apologies for the rant. I’ll step down off my high horse now…
Agree, agree, agree.

Incidentally, we watched 'Philomena' the other night.
Some nuns were just as bad.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
View attachment 1843672

I'll even let you have The Muffin Man version.

View attachment 1843683
Such a dick. He's perfect meme material. Is there one of him chasing the chicken? Snorty saying "oh how cute", Snorty with that fake sympathetic look on his face, Snorty on stage kissing his fellow actor, Snorty fondling a hedgehog, Snorty snorting, Snorty with that dumb as a plank punchable look. There should be a whole huge repertoire of Philip Janssen memes out there for the world to enjoy and make use of.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
i once had a conversation about this with my fathers sister, who lived in a convent..,i said to her, did you know these things happened...yes she said... those priests just went to another place...where the abuse for sure continued...and nobody even mentioned it.. :eek: even the parents kept silent about it...she also meantioned a priest who made a girl pregnant..the priest bought the family a farm in another part of the country..
'those priests just went to another place...where the abuse for sure continued'

Over the last few years this has been a hot topic in Victoria, especially rural Victoria.
Notorious pedophile priests, once caught, were moved from parish to parish, only to repeatedly reoffend.

I am of the opinion that some men joined the priesthood not for altruistic reasons but because they saw it as an opportunity to exploit children.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Forgot this one…

2022 Worst Impression of a Straight Man - Fill-Up J. (Oily came in a close second, followed by Ryen)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Dear Beautiful Diary,
May old acquaintances be forgot? Absolutely. That’s what I do best along with regular Botox injections and shopping.
I’m wiggly, bursting, shuddering with glee that Nutti will now be keeping a running list of everything I say on the pink phone, in terms of projects. That starts tomorrow when I wake up at sunset, in Dubai. Well, maybe Egypt. Possibly Vienna. No spoiler alerts here. Anyway, we had so much fun pretending that we were at the farmhouse castle, we’re just timeline magicians. Loving that. I do need to work on my privacy in 2023. It’s really nobody’s business. I’m a young 47 year old pretending to be dinging a 20 something. Everyone, and I mean everyone was over the moon at our fake kiss. I pat myself on the back for that. And he had not brushed or used mouthwash. I’m sorry for myself in that regard. Awful, but I suffer and weep at the same time I break into a smile. If people could walk a mile in my moccasins, just once - but I’ll hop off the pity train for now. The polling results are back and my Patrons absolutely love it when I wake up in bed, drink tea and then wonder around my farmhouse castle to see who is working for free and who is not. Crystal ball out now, yes, I see Percy and Mummie cutting a physical and mental trail. Hate to write that down, so I’ll just record that prediction to look back upon so I can flash this diary page and say “see, I knew it”. . . .at which point I’ll be told I’m amazing. So true. He who shall not be named this last night of the year is in his room weeping loudly. I had to take the baby doll away, the one he took from Tess. We could hardly get to sleep. Took him hours to stop snorting. The f-in pigeon. . . .tossed a sheet over him and yanked his feathery A-S-S out the door. Done and done. Can I just say I have never, ever, ever passed a mirror and not admired myself. Truly. Slap happy, I am. Oh Tess. Rolling over for sweet dreams now. Happy New Year to me, and Caroline Gooder. Love, Stephanie from Stephanie about Stephanie FOREVER.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
And if a child is school age… and still has a dummy….
I wonder why we still use these things? I’m going to have a read as my great neice has one at the suggestion of a health visitor…. Maybe if they have colic. I don’t know.
I was anti soothers until my second son aged 7 weeks came back from hernia surgery with one. Bedtime only and much easier to break habit than his older brothers thumb sucking.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Isn’t she allergic to horses?
It's all about image.
Horse kit is expensive.
'I wear jodhpurs and riding jacket, ergo, I have money.'
And the pose.
I call that the 'sexy pose'.
The sexy pose with Ms Kim braiding my hair.
The slightly lesbian, horsey, I'm wealthy pose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I was sent to boarding school aged 6yrs and 10 weeks. Catholic Nuns in junior school and Jesuit priests at college. No abuse happened to me.
Years later my 1st Cousin married a guy who had been through the same process as me, we were friends at school.. He had by then inherited from his father and was an English Lord. He told me that Catholic priests who were accused of molestation were forbidden to defend themselves. This meant that though there were obviously the genuine cases which we all find deplorable and revolting, some of the priests were subject to malicious and untruthful allegations from which they were unable to defend themselves.
I have been through the system personally. I never saw anything until a former favourite priest who taught me, was my dormitory master was accused of molestation. He was unable to defend himself in court. He was subsequently sent to prison. We both knew the accuser and both knew that he held a grudge against this particular priest who was otherwise very popular with the boys.
In the interest of balance and fairness, I'd like to acknowledge that not ALL the allegations were real. This is not intended to diminish the legitimate claims of real victims of which there are many. Merely to show that there were also victimised priests who were innocent.
And now everyone will hate me but I'm just showing a different view.
I don't hate you for sharing because there is most certainly different views.

Something similar happened to my husband's colleague who was victimised by a female student.
His colleague was accused of inappropriate sexual behaviour by said student.
When the case went to court the girl admitted she had lied.
He had a nervous breakdown and his marriage broke up.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Dear Fanny,

This is what the restoration of a farmhouse looks like. It's what you do before renovating/decorating.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Your poisonous little troll,

Trollda

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I love brooches but I don't wear them. They probably should only be worn on jackets and coats, maybe some sweaters, as they will leave holes in lighter weight woven garments. Many vintage and antique brooches have gnarly pins that are quite crude. Uncle Steve wearing them on button down print shirts is particularly odd. He needs to take a lesson from Coco Chanel, before you leave the house, remove at least one accessory!
He's like the rest of them.
He grown to love excess in all it's forms.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.