The Chateau Diaries #205 Nutty's Ma put more $ into her sagging bosom, than SJ did in her sagging beams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since it is the last day of the year... and everybody is so fond of PhiPhimodo. I thought, I'd share this one again. 🥂

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
And that’s why I think the entire organization needs to be made an example of. These actions were purposefully done. It was organized pedophilia on a horrible scale! And to attempt a cover up is revolting. While there are surely many good people in the church, a sin of omission is no better than a sin of comission! Heartbreaking the willful damage done to children! My childhood best friend’s baby brother was abused as an altar boy. He struggled for years afterwards to recover but finally lost his fight to overdose almost 20 years ago. A sweet, kind and very funny young man destroyed by a lay leader and a priest together! The church just shuffled them around.
Such a sad and tragic story. Unfortunately, pedophiles have been allowed to hide in the Catholic church for centuries. I'm sure it's one, of not the only, reason why some men joined the priesthood. The Catholic church is a secret, male dominated society with too much power. They protect their own for sure.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I was sent to boarding school aged 6yrs and 10 weeks. Catholic Nuns in junior school and Jesuit priests at college. No abuse happened to me.
Years later my 1st Cousin married a guy who had been through the same process as me, we were friends at school.. He had by then inherited from his father and was an English Lord. He told me that Catholic priests who were accused of molestation were forbidden to defend themselves. This meant that though there were obviously the genuine cases which we all find deplorable and revolting, some of the priests were subject to malicious and untruthful allegations from which they were unable to defend themselves.
I have been through the system personally. I never saw anything until a former favourite priest who taught me, was my dormitory master was accused of molestation. He was unable to defend himself in court. He was subsequently sent to prison. We both knew the accuser and both knew that he held a grudge against this particular priest who was otherwise very popular with the boys.
In the interest of balance and fairness, I'd like to acknowledge that not ALL the allegations were real. This is not intended to diminish the legitimate claims of real victims of which there are many. Merely to show that there were also victimised priests who were innocent.
And now everyone will hate me but I'm just showing a different view.
One should never hate truth. I’ve seen that very behavior with many secular authority figures as well. Young people can be vicious and vindictive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I dunno - I've seen men wear badges and medals - is that the slippery slope to hedgehog and squirrel brooches?
I don't think dashing looking badges and medals have much in common with hedgehog brooches...

Or can you imagine JtB wearing a squirrel?

mb-ti-2805641-200-famxvoffeowkybsmxbsovroydagtpfun.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
And that’s why I think the entire organization needs to be made an example of. These actions were purposefully done. It was organized pedophilia on a horrible scale! And to attempt a cover up is revolting. While there are surely many good people in the church, a sin of omission is no better than a sin of comission! Heartbreaking the willful damage done to children! My childhood best friend’s baby brother was abused as an altar boy. He struggled for years afterwards to recover but finally lost his fight to overdose almost 20 years ago. A sweet, kind and very funny young man destroyed by a lay leader and a priest together! The church just shuffled them around.
We have the whole terrible residential school tragedy they have a lot to answer for

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I've seen Uncle wearing brooches, what's that about?
I've tried and tried and still can't remember my Father wearing a brooch. Neither I nor anyone I know who is male (let alone gay) wears a brooch. There must be something in the water at the ruined farmhouse.
My husband will wear a very small round 'pin' with a pegasus, on the lapel of his jacket to any of his old school functions or to the funeral of old school friends but I don't consider this a brooch.

I have always thought Philip takes his fashion inspiration from Harry Styles.
Harry, however, has his own hair, a lot more money and panache to carry it all off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This flashed up in the I love jewel Lyn comments… is it one of us?Is Lie Lande really taking bookings for next season!?
I wonder if the booking will suddenly be cancelled due to “ recent disaster’ and no refund.. if guests start coming they will see the mess and lack of work and it’s harder and harder to hide it.even for the cult lovers Also how will they continually justify visiting lowland and not seeing the owner

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I love brooches but I don't wear them. They probably should only be worn on jackets and coats, maybe some sweaters, as they will leave holes in lighter weight woven garments. Many vintage and antique brooches have gnarly pins that are quite crude. Uncle Steve wearing them on button down print shirts is particularly odd. He needs to take a lesson from Coco Chanel, before you leave the house, remove at least one accessory!
I love antique brooches. They are such good value for fantastic quality stones too. Hand painted ones , stones telling a story, and just beautiful ones! ,my favourite is a French one that is a turquoise and diamond twist bar brooch, very versatile! IMO……

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I see Oliver Strong gave £150 to Marina Kim's crowdfunding for her passport application as she wanted to remain in the UK. Over £700 was raised; then her company paid for the application anyway, but she kept the donations for the next time she might have to do it. She doesn't appear to be short of money either. Birds of a feather...These scoundrels really beggar belief.
Marina used to be quite attractive before the breast augmentation and brassy blonde hair.

Reactions: 7
How can they open booking, when parts of the building are near collapsing?

should be reported to authorities.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was abused by the nuns at the French catholic school I attended until grade six, it was verbal abuse and physical (rulers and pointers used to strike us) in grade one a nun shook me until I wet myself. When my parents realized I was failing all subjects except religion they moved me to a public school I ended up failing two grades until I could catch up. My ex husband’s brothers had to threaten a priest that was keeping him back in the showers because he wasn’t “clean” you were lucky
Very very sadly there is such a thing as Boarding school syndrome. I have been reading a book on it…. It’s good to see the explanations and have some understanding on why things are the way they are….

Reactions: 7
This will amuse you. I went to have a look at Phillipa's YouTube channel. Yes yes I know, there are better things to do with my time but it's raining and misty and grey and I wanted to amuse myself.
It has a video posted there of the boy band it was in for 5 minutes. It was the most bizarre thing I've seen in my life. It starts off with the band singing and dancing self-consciously. Five of them. Suddenly, there are only four! WTF? Phillipa is missing. Not even a missed beat, it was there then....gone! Where did it go to? The loo? I continued watching and poof! Phillipa is back, then on a boat. Teenage girls shuffling about pretending to be enjoying themselves, Phillipa pretending to sing then..... Phillipa's gone again.... Must have had the runs or something. It's well worth a watch. just turn the sound off and count how many times Phillipa appears then disappears.
Search for Philip Janssen boy band and youtube will take you there.
another edit. There are only four of them but Phillipa keeps being replaced
I watched that video a while ago and noticed he was there then, not there.
It was bizarre.

For the sake of continuity...
Which bit does Fanny live in? View attachment 1842635
She lives in Fannyland but I can't see it on the map.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
With all this Catholic talk, I’d like to say, the nuns saved me from my own fathers abuse, that is all! Nuns in my life were angels.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I watched that video a while ago and noticed he was there then, not there.
It was bizarre.
A bit like it and fanny at the farmhouse. There then not there. That's pretty bizarre when she's supposed to be renovating. There's nothing new under the sun for Phillipa😁😁😁😁
Talk about not being able to hold down a job eh😂
Phillipa couldn't hold the job between takes😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.