The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And…
The London apartment curtains (and filled with auction items)
The moat special tiles (capping stones)
garden watering system (still broke?)

no real follow up on the shop and shop website
no lighting in walled garden or electricity in the greenhouse
still no real kitchen (herb) garden outside kitchen
no real follow up on the arrière cuisine counter top that Dan installed
some talk of a new oven/stove but nothing since
Hired handyman but then no footage of anything being fixed beyond gate
some discussion at one point about fixing up area by walled garden that Dan was using to make tea
no recent footage of Selmars compost area (abandoned now?)
no recent footage of narnia, the discovered painted beams, or little toilet area
no plans at all for unused servants quarters
phiphis room was going to be redecorated by Michael petherick but never happened.
channel with petherick abandoned
channel with olly abandoned
stiil using ridiculous collection of tables to cobble together dinner seating and same thing for outside (no harvest table and chairs to properly seat guests)
isabelles apartment still has temporary flooring, no fire escape stairs, unfinished loft

so many unfinished and abandoned projects.

Meant to quote the original post but i pressed the wrong button. tattle Ads pop up everywhere so not always easy to see what I’m doing. 🤪
Yes,. Tattle ads sometimes look like posts and I can't understand for the life of me why I'm having so many moose knuckle ads!!! 🤔😳

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She is really doing come to bed flirting in this one with her gay chum MP but so different to with Phi Phi it is sexy flirting not prim Granny style

Did Fanny shag Wilson the American volunteer?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
To me the Christmas decorations on the right looked out of proportion.
Brenda Gibbons did a little photoshopping....

View attachment 1835117

Here is the original....

View attachment 1835118

Adding to the photo gallery...
What is going on with Ruth Kelly's hair???
Covid (?), a stressful year, along with a toxic friend and a player partner, will do that.
Don't get me started on the questionable Christmas doll, on the sideboard, in the background.😶

View attachment 1835122
View attachment 1835126

....and then there is Stuart Folkes....

View attachment 1835145

@french.asf
1 week ago
Be still, my soul. Every morning I am up at dawn (it rises late this time of year, don’t too impressed) to walk the Fox Labrador. I keep her on lead while on the road, but in the forest we agree to the sovereignty of exploration. The robins chant their hymns as we near the nest. The deer camouflage behind thick bramble; their presence comforts, even if you can’t catch sight of them. The kingdom of the wood rises after the evening hunt of the owl, who’s screeches I hear in the night, safely tucked under my duvet. Her subjects are free to roam, until the sun sets and the hunt begins anew. The only thing to fear are my own anxieties and worries, and perhaps a wild boar. We stay vigilant for latter, and peacefully request to let go of the former. Winter is here. The quiet, the golden light echoing off the valley. The resonance of the crunch, crunch, crunch of the frost-glazed oak leaves that have fallen to the earth. They dance their way down from the treetops, departing to make way for the new. Life requires an acceptance of duality. In the past, I have retreated to the sun soaked glory of the desert when in need of stillness. At present, I come back to myself among the shaded wood, and take a lesson from the rippling creek. It slows melodically, releasing its frantic hold on the future. Gracefully accepting the rest and freeze of the season. “Put down what you are carrying,” it calls to us. Be at peace. I am reminded of a line from a favorite hymn: Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
#stillness #stillstillstill #countryside #forest #centralfrance #foxlabrador #breathe #toletgo
Berry, Centre, France
Don’t give up the day job Stu!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She is really doing come to bed tot flirting in this one but so different to with Phi Phi

Did Fanny shag Wilson the American volunteer?
Ah, memories! At the 7:40 mark, Michael says he has to leave LaLaLande for “at least a week” because he has “responsibilities.” 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

He missed his calling as a comedian!

CFFC7F34-E754-44BD-9A97-46CF1465EE78.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
OMG! It would be so funny to have Andy and Ricky show up in Dubai at the same hotel as Fanny and Gerry! Andy and Ricky would just act surprised. "Steph, what are you doing here? Wow! I had no idea. We come here all the time. It's one of our favorite places. I just can't believe you're here at the same time we are. What a coincidence. We're filming too. Let's all go together. I've rented a private driver and Bentley to take us on a tour."
I like slightly off real teeth better than perfect fake ones. I had braces on my teeth, and I guess I’d do it again because they were really bad. They pulled eight adult teeth to make room for them to be straight. (They don’t do that anymore I guess, they add jawbone 🤮). They’ve moved a bit I’ve the last 40 years, but there’s no way I’m doing it again. It hurt so bad. I’m really over women having to be perfect to be valued. So many girls suffer so much feeling insecure when they are beautiful, imperfections and all.
Unfortunately, I have had a lifelong issue with grinding my teeth whilst sleeping.
Well, approx 20 years ago, I decided that my 2 upper front teeth needed attention, due to the wearing down of their lower edge enamel. I specifically told my fabulous dentist that I wanted the new, hugely expensive crowns to look 100% natural, rather than ultra white and perfectly straight. Great job done - nobody, to this day, would even know that they weren't my original teeth.
I have since had other, perfectly healthy teeth crowned too for the same reason. My dentist actually told me that my dental hygiene is exemplary but he has never had any other patient who required so many crowns just due to teeth grinding. I did have a gum shield made but I always used to spit it out during the night - total waste of time/money at the end of the day. I have even chipped off whole sections of my back molars too via the grinding.
BUT, far better to have natural looking teeth than fake OTT veneers or ugly/unnecessary gaps.
Unlike your own initial extensive treatment @OhIDontKnow, which must have been so painful/horrendous, mine was tolerable and I only ever really had to wait for the injections to wear off. Result!
I totally agree with you too, individuality is the name of the game. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In their defense, the old kitchen was a bit bare bones "it will do for now" kind of situation.
I would more so question why do they need a dining room when they have the big breakfast room which they used for the B&B guests, but hey I guess the new dining room hasn't really been a big expense, just some wiring and painting (and a 40 euros table).

Didn't know about the fourth façade, I thought the entirety of it was covered by a government grant?

Speaking of the Fleuries, I snickered at the lil nugget when the Wallpaperer announced they didn't have much time to renovate the dining room because of the expensive wax launch. The idiots will make more money on these renovation videos from addsense alone than they will on their elitist candles, what were they thinking?
The Fleuries’ need for the dining room Reno started the very day I was first to post about the Tesla when they started their vacation, as well as not having decent content for several weeks post kitchen Reno. I pointed out they could afford a Tesla but needed others to pay for their kitchen. Then the tit hit the fan with an avalanche of negative comments about dragging out the Reno and having a Tesla. This was turn made worse by the Influencer stating he waned to buy a yacht. They then quickly hurried back to France and started talk of this dining room Reno. Of course the back pedalling began with the Wallpaperer claiming they only rent the Tesla. If that wasn’t bad enough then came CANDLEGATE.

It will be so very interesting to see what their next move will be I bet they have something in the works for renovating the long barns without any cost - write off Reno’s for an artisan candle shoppe? New BuyMeACandle fundraising site???? 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Fanny's flogs now are just asinine. I think she does this deliberately. Her cult followers are probably people who don't travel much for whatever reason and have little chance of even visiting France-then you have the others like Brittany Ferries Elton John tribute act- Jason Dubey who goes to France regularly and mistakes lavishing Fanny with gifts as a friendship. I watched less than 3 minutes of the gift grab all I could stomach and seemingly Dana is there cooking now, Fanny treats people like tit she has hired help without paying for it. Will the grift end this year? I doubt it, but she needs to do something this year surely. Definitely she will not be doing B n B which will mean her begging bowl is held aloft again to those simpering super fans and so on we go onward and downward.

This the level of dumb we are dealing with

View attachment 1835158
T J SMITH
10 hours ago
To all at the Chateau, I am quite new to finding this beautiful channel, wish I had found you sooner. I am in Virginia, USA , near Williamsburg an historical town. I want to say you are probably on equal terms withnDownton Abbey, as far as love, suspense and all other emotions in a story. All the “help” are included in all the fun and festivities, and become one family. You surely have become. At my house as the “Party Chateau”. Envious I am of such beautiful people. By the way, my favorite would be Dan, because he is the epitome of my late brothers….sooo relaxed, can do it all, why not attitude and quick witted to top it off. Is he still working on Chateau Chaumont? I haven’t been able to fine any blogs on it. Happy new year to all. Much View attachment 1835159️ love. TJ.

View attachment 1835163
Liz A.
1 day ago
Amazing as always! The table was so stunning and everybody looks so lovely. I love the tartan theme. Stephanie is the year lines down and we get ready to bring in the new year, I am reminded of all the beauty, joy and laughter that you have brought us all year. You’re such an inspiration and a bright light to the world. I am wishing you and Philip and all of the Le Landers, a very joyous, healthy, happy and prosperous new year. I can’t wait to see what next year holds at Le Lande. Sending much love from California. View attachment 1835164View attachment 1835165View attachment 1835166🇺🇸

The poor dear is correct, Lalande is on equal terms with Downton Abbey. Both are pure fiction and not is all it seems behind the cameras. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
On the subject of teeth, Tommy Cooper once said, that his dentist told him that his teeth were perfect but that his gums would have to be removed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Question here?
So, do you think that Amaury is being paid "professional carpenter's rates" when in actual fact over the past, God alone only knows how many months, he has not been doing any carpentry whatever - just digging trenches (labourer), lighting fires (house maid) and, doing other mundane handyman jobs around the HMN - what is the normal daily rate for that in the middle of nowhere?
Plus, being a waiter - seasonal costumes compulsory, constantly drinking beer/Monkey whiskey and dancing like nobody is watching too!
Sorry to disappoint you Amaury, but it has all been captured on film now, forever! Good luck with explaining it all to your children in the future.
I also wonder what his UK friends think/say about him these days behind his back? ;)
I do wonder how much Amaury is getting paid. How much does it take for a grown man to uproot his life, move to another country and single handedly take on the “restoration of a historic chateau”? He’s got to be getting paid a lot of money to make it worth his while. How much is too much for one in his position? Does getting paid well over the expected rate raise any red flags?

I’ve mentioned my theory about Amaury taking over the chateau, with help from or it probably being entirely taken care of by his parents. Not sure if it means buying Stephanie out or Nic & Michael Potts. Stephanie can’t handle the scope of work that the chateau needs & would rather be free to travel & live in Venice or anywhere else. This could set her free. Obviously it’s a secret plan, only on a need to know basis. The grannies don’t need to know yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Christmas decorations till February? Is that some weird French tradition or are they just that lazy?
I'm guessing they put off taking down the decorations until SJ returns from her winter travels!
I can already see Pavulva taking down the decors whilst they're away.

View attachment 1834846
Normally you take them down for "la fête des rois" - Epiphany - which is January 6th. Where I work for "sobriété énergétique" mesures they're all being taken down before the 1st of January ...

I've never properly watched Gift Grab except for five minutes on a couple of occasions but I decided to watch the Boxing Day episode of greed in full. It was thoroughly nauseating to see the desperation to open more presents, only one day after Christmas Day (if you believe the timeline). There was lots of faux ecstasy, including for some felt pigs in blankets and a glass pigeon, and some jewellery was sent in by "Stephanie" - she's not even bothering to use fake names any more. Woodland creatures were mentioned. And who is this Wendy woman who is clearly well-known to them as a frequent present giver? To think that this happens week after week is incredible. Apparently there are more Christmas presents to open in further episodes.The only deserved present was for Molly who I hope will enjoy her hide chews.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I do wonder how much Amaury is getting paid. How much does it take for a grown man to uproot his life, move to another country and single handedly take on the “restoration of a historic chateau”? He’s got to be getting paid a lot of money to make it worth his while. How much is too much for one in his position? Does getting paid well over the expected rate raise any red flags?

I’ve mentioned my theory about Amaury taking over the chateau, with help from or it probably being entirely taken care of by his parents. Not sure if it means buying Stephanie out or Nic & Michael Potts. Stephanie can’t handle the scope of work that the chateau needs & would rather be free to travel & live in Venice or anywhere else. This could set her free. Obviously it’s a secret plan, only on a need to know basis. The grannies don’t need to know yet.
Part of me agrees, but another part thinks that SJ will never sell the farmhouse. She’s got hoarding tendencies, so letting go of the property that has close ties and memories of her father might be too difficult for her. Plus, Amarury has been there long enough to know the full extent of the issues. He might realize there’s no way he’d want to tie himself down to this mess.

Reactions: 17
I think it would be interesting to watch the current video and then “go back in time” and watch the videos from around the same time in years past. We could really get a feel for what has actually been accomplished, what tall tales have been told and just how much LalaLande and Stef has changed over time…
Like a vlog book club. We all watch an old vlog and the corresponding new one then meet to discuss. Wine essential 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
If you insist😂… their are two roses for the chandeliers, only one is fitted.
The window dressing panels have not been made. The radiator cover has not been made. The floor has not been sealed. The reveals of the window have not been painted.
Does the window need replacement?
andTo add IMO the loo is very modern. She chose Art Deco basin and taps. And 1980s loo.

as I mentioned before nothing gets finished and very little gets started! I think sadly Mummy will begin to deteriorate and cause Fanny to have a ‘fit of the vapours’ and call off CD. Patron will of course still run for all those wishing to support the care home for Mummy,( that label Shrek will own) but vlogs will be more about her daily life 🤣🤣 shopping and trips as now really but pretending she is sad. Squirrel will then be living with his lover in Mummy’s apartment and arranging his clothes and china.
I personally feel that Percy will deteriorate far sooner than Mommy Dearest - it is already rather apparent. Then Mommy will become his caregiver, which, although she may have had some experience in being so in her previous life, it is not natural to her to do unless there is plenty of money involved. Who really knows?
Thankfully, I am certain that both Isobel/Percy's families with them marrying each other at their late stage in life, ensured that both of their estates were 100% legally separated and sewn up for the benefits of their own children etc. And, why not?
Well, that is what I would have done, no doubt about it!
If that is the case, Issy would then move back to her little house in Framlington, near her sister/BIL/Gerry for occasional support and that of the NHS. As far away from the madness of the HMN as possible, methinks!
However, what does appear rather strange to me, is that Issy really doesn't seem to have any friends - have I got that wrong? Maybe not so strange in reality, as she is defo not someone I would ever wish to spend any time with personally. Whatever, her life, thankfully, not mine! ;)

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Dubai would be one of the last places on this earth that I would ever wish to visit.
My son's last girlfriend was brought up there by her ex-pat parents - she left as soon as she was old enough to come to the UK.
When he visited a couple of years ago, he absolutely hated it and felt so uncomfortable due to their insane laws and hypocrisy let alone, the huge division in distribution of wealth.
His gf's father even offered him a job, which he immediately turned down without a second thought. I was extremely proud of him. :cool:
A huge division in distribution of wealth, yet the wealthy send expensive clothing overseas to people they don't even know.... 🤷‍♀️ you can't make it up!

Well, I just finished watching Andrew and Ricardo's new channel. First off, as most of you dog parents know, somehow they lost the memo that most airlines do NOT let pugs fly (not due to discrimination, but they are one of those breeds who do not fare well with pressure changes on aircraft due to their little smooshed faces and noses making it so much more difficult for them the breathe.) So much for taking your tiny (albeit, adorable) little pack with you on holiday. Secondly, Andrew's mum- bless her heart, and I don't like to mum shame at all, but she seemed so far out of her comfort zone (it appears she's had a much more humble life), and seemed very fragile. Props to Ricardo for tending to her- Andrew seemed frustrated by her lack of enthusiasm at her Fortnum & Mason shopping spree (mum did remark how expensive it was), the dinner (she was not impressed- she'd probably be fine with a food cart), nor her hotel room (at this point, the poor woman probably exhausted, overwhelmed, and just wanted to go to sleep.) What is with Andrew's NEED to impress him mum? This kind of explains his dysfunctional relationship with Fanny- he flashes out a ton of cash to get validation and love from an old lady.
If money is no object, as Andy Pandy wants us to think, and they need to travel with their animals, then Europe is very well connected with trains. If there’s a need to go stateside then Cunard still offers a transatlantic voyage. It takes a little more effort, planning and money to do so but it’s possible. Like so many these days, and his idol Fanny Fraudie, he wants instant gratification in all things. I’ve traveled with brachycephalic dogs myself and it’s worth it if you are genuinely attached to them. It’s also why I did not travel in the last year because it became obvious my sweet little girl was going to leave this world and I preferred to spend that time doting on, instead of stressing, her. I didn’t mention it at the time when she died this past summer but the Hateful 15, Menopausal Hags and Three Poisonous Trolls helped me grieve and begin to laugh again. Here’s a picture of my late darling, and yes, like any parent a lot of my life revolved around her. She was a rescue who loved people and didn’t deign to acknowledge the existence of other dogs, lol.
65DEFCC5-E36B-41FF-914B-C50D7EDF1685.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
A lot of us have grown a bit bored and weary about CD and Stephanie Jarvis’s. What about making this Chateau Diaries forum into a chateauverse forum? Would it be a good or bad thing for Stephanie? …and us? 🤷‍♀️
I for one am not that interested in the genre.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.