The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As one who hosted Christmas for family (and hosts friends and family throughout the year), I do not understand Fanny's mindset at all. First and foremost, I get very little sleep- I am the last to bed and the first to awake- I am the hostess, after all, as this is my home. Even with overnight guests, I plan dinner and breakfast. With long term guests, I plan all three meals and snacks. There is no way I would sleep in and just let others faff about trying to figure out what to eat. Programmable coffee pot- greatest invention ever! Brekkie usually consists of things I can make in advance- cinnamon roll dough (ugh, never from a can), crepe batter, quiche, cutting up fresh fruit, pre-cut potatoes, biscuits (I make a ton of them and keep them in my freezer), and then I set bout to making eggs, hashbrowns, sausage gravy, etc. for my guests. Lunch- we usually take our guests out via the powerboat to one of our amazing local waterfront restaurants. I usually put out a massive charcuterie platter around 3-4PM in case someone is feeling peckish. Dinner usually consists of something on the grill- steaks, kebabs or chicken, or pasta, or homemade pizzas fired up in the Ooni, along with a salad, some veg, and homemade bread. And then there is dessert- with everything from Key Lime pie to tiramisu. I always keep the electric kettle on for tea as well, but will always make a cappucino or espresso for anyone who wants one. This year, I spent countless days in preparation for the holiday not only for my guests, but to make additional baked goods for our neighbours and those in nursing homes. (I do this every year- it's a lonely time for so many who are forgotten by their families.) I always try to make sure our family and friends have the best time when visiting us- flying is certainly not inexpensive, and I try to make their time at Casa de T Rex a phenomenal experience. Shame on you, Fanny- you can't even do so when you have paying guests or family coming to stay!
Yes, but @T Rex, you are obviously, without a shadow of a doubt, a particularly generous, caring and empathic individual and hostess. Added to which an extremely hard worker too. Christmas at your house sounds like total heaven. And, if I were your guest, I would most definitely roll up my sleeves and muck in with whatever you needed assistance with, that's an absolute given and how I was raised to behave. ❤
Stephanie Jarvis does not possess any of the above characteristics - full stop! She is simply a spoilt brat! 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Here is the Projects List in Wiki as of November 19, 2020. 25 months later, the bold portions have yet to be completed:

Renovations ::: restoration
Dated : 19-11-2020

Incomplete at this date
Author ✍ @Rory

Rory
VIP Member
Today at 4:34 AM
Add bookmark
Just doing a La La stocktake, stimulated by some fans' comments and also comments on the zero gain in property value. Also hope some of the frenzied fans read this as a courtesy reminder of the current inhabitable status of the farmhouse.

Current projects:

1. THE BASICS - infrastructure to be habitable
1.1 Working heating - replacement units and new/expanded units needed
- gathered funds for this purpose from patron - seems eager to do facade first- claims will be done in winter 2024

1.2 Water pressure? (toilet not flushing)
1.3 Hot water?
1.4 Windows - rotted, repainting throughout
1.5 Damp/mould problems especially back corridor

1.6 Ceiling fix for recent leaks back corridor and kitchen
1.7 Facade falling down - Claims to have sent planning permission to council to move some windows to match the old pre fire façade - allegedly sent in in late spring 2020- waiting updates

1.8 Shutters at risk of falling down, some need replacement - currently have old shutters in attic of doom
1.9 No roof contingency savings plan
1.10 Mouse infestation in kitchen. Bats and Owls have to be tolerated due to protected status.
1.11 External stairs to gites, fire stairs

2. WORKING AREAS (ie contribute to earning money) - practicalities for community living & BnB, Gites
2.1 Kitchen - working stove, suitable bench tops for food prep and storage (height and surface). SJ desired a new fridge and stove.

2.2 Downstairs Loo ( completed?)
2.3 Gites -
a) Natti's needs completion ( waiting on the return of Ian- who seems to have run away), - currently storage for the GAG gift pile

upgrade Nic's
& Marquis apartment

b) Gerry's to be built/completed - began on channel 4 - unsure on current status

2.4 Peacock bedroom & wallpaper -
currently half a wall of paper missing

2.5 Locks on all bedroom and gite doors.
NOTE: The pantry/wine cellar has one.

3. PUBLIC AREAS

3.1 Grand Salon - panelling ( currently waiting on anne marie)

3.2 Winter salon - library shelves

3.3 Petite salon - functioning- however desire
to paint it purple

3.4 Dining Room - still waiting for final
curtain (16 years) and the tutorial (2 years)

3.5 Patio area - stairs, wall, flooring/base - Currently crumbling and unstable

3.6 The Chapel - roof done, windows almost
complete, the restoration internally waiting on missing chapel restorer ( last seen months ago)

3.7 Leisure area - the pool, swimming pond,

3.8 Marquee salon - current under construction by Anne Marie with panelling - will be shown on channel 4 ( potentially autumn 2022)

3.9 - The LAKE - claims to have 1000 of £ in funds away for this -said has done survey 2/3.

4. PRIVATE AREAS

4.1 SJ bedroom/office/dressing
room/bathroom - walls, floor, decor

4.2 China Pantry completion, at moment
just concrete floor, incomplete walls ( Waiting on return of Ian)

4.3 Attic completion - one half strewn with
junk - talk of turning it into a Billard room

5 - Outdoor space

5.1 Chapel garden completed summer 2022

5.2 - plans for amphitheatre and other gardens on patron video - no defined start date

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Shrek and the Sewer can’t afford renovations but they go and buy a truffle. They’ve been around the Floor Scrubber and Chatelaine Love too much.

View attachment 1834389
They paid 348 euro's for that truffle? I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous, she isn't even convinced she particularly likes them! Of all the things you could treat yourself to at Christmas, let's buy something because other people think it's decadent... Stupid mare.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's funny how conversations repeat themselves or come full circle! This time it's Christmas decorations' revisited! Sorry to quote myself - here's part of some tattled conversation when this cropped up this last January.

Thread 109, post 222, 25.1.22, replying to @Lady Avonlea

Lady Avonlea said:
"...Fanny isn't the Queen, although she may think she is! Fanny's now suggesting leaving her Christmas decorations up until at least February 6 (apparently like Queen Elizabeth), but perhaps even later until her father's birthday on February 23! This might explain why the Christmas kitchen garland decorations are still hanging..."

[my post in reply]

Of course, Stephanie thinks she's quasi royalty (after all, she's Gerry's precious princess) but we all know decorations remaining in situ is simply because she and her ineffectual pageboy won't lift a finger themselves. I'm surprised any of the decorations ever get dismantled, and don't just remain throughout the year, moribund real Christmas trees and sagging fake garlands bedecked with their gaudy frills and furbelows.

Sidenote: There was a time when Christmas decorations weren't taken down until Candlemas - 2nd February, 40 days after Christmas Day. it's well-documented that in the Queen's Household the Christmas decorations aren't taken down until 6th February, the date of her father's death and her accession to the throne. Details like that pass S J by.

Reactions: 16
That whole group with their duper’s delight smiles are all willing participants in and beneficiaries of the grifting con. Auntie benefits by having her slow son, Anne Marie, employed off the Patreon funds. F4F purchased a lot of his shiny new equipment with the grifted funds.
Question here?
So, do you think that Amaury is being paid "professional carpenter's rates" when in actual fact over the past, God alone only knows how many months, he has not been doing any carpentry whatever - just digging trenches (labourer), lighting fires (house maid) and, doing other mundane handyman jobs around the HMN - what is the normal daily rate for that in the middle of nowhere?
Plus, being a waiter - seasonal costumes compulsory, constantly drinking beer/Monkey whiskey and dancing like nobody is watching too!
Sorry to disappoint you Amaury, but it has all been captured on film now, forever! Good luck with explaining it all to your children in the future.
I also wonder what his UK friends think/say about him these days behind his back? ;)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
well as if she hasn't had enough christmas - more gifts tonight.

My suspison of them self buying gifts has increased. Lion bars ( after she self admitted she was running low) and the light strings that plip identified before she even opened the box or showed the picture.- a earring set to match a necklace phyllis got you when you first got together, a candle that you really wanted Hmm - aslo xmas decor up till feb! what treason is that!! Is it so you can pre-film next christmas flogs now - NO that would be too much effort! or distort timelines again..
I'm suspicious if any of them were even there on Christmas day, I can't believe Auntie would leave her place fully decorated, go to France to celebrate with a bunch of people she barely knows, and let her family use her place to have Christmas without her...?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't know if any of you can relate to any of this or not, but Chateau Diaries has become difficult for me to watch because it hasn't aged well. Fannys' hair has become over bleached and dried out, her face has aged badly, and she looks like she is crumbling and smells bad, just like the chateau we thought she was going to restore and turn into a fine estate. Alas, the chateau has been left to crumble, lerft to look dirty, and gives you the feeling that it smells bad, just like its' owner. It's not the story we were expecting when she started Chateau Diaries. I think it's just fine that we branch off into posts about other "castles" that revolve around or relate to restoration or DIY as we have been doing. The threads are titled "CHATEAU Diaries" after all. I'm glad it wasn't titled "Stephanie Jarvis". That would have been very limited and too restrictive IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Question here?
So, do you think that Amaury is being paid "professional carpenter's rates" when in actual fact over the past, God alone only knows how many months, he has not been doing any carpentry whatever - just digging trenches (labourer), lighting fires (house maid) and, doing other mundane handyman jobs around the HMN - what is the normal daily rate for that in the middle of nowhere?
Plus, being a waiter - seasonal costumes compulsory, constantly drinking beer/Monkey whiskey and dancing like nobody is watching too!
Sorry to disappoint you Amaury, but it has all been captured on film now, forever! Good luck with explaining it all to your children in the future.
I also wonder what his UK friends think/say about him these days behind his back? ;)
Some of his UK friends have been brought to France to deal with heating issues and chimney issues at the Dump. I think those transactional friends think Anne Marie is great. I wonder what his never seen brother in England thinks about Anne Marie getting involved in the Dump mess.

I have a feeling Anne Marie is being handsomely paid from the tax free Patreon funds. In return he receives a place to stay, lots of expensive equipment, pressure only to complete projects for chateau DIY and appear on camera for channel 4 and perform for the little pink camera, is provided with a sex buddy, all the alcohol he can drink, an occasional expensive vacation, discards and food from the gift grab, an apartment with a wood burner for the winter, and F4F is gone 50% or more of the time. He is trying to set himself up as heir apparent to F4F’s share in the Dump if it doesn’t fall down first.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
FRK could afford it if she worked. It's called priorities. Have a boring job and save for teeth or work for food and boarding only in a château in France. Or work only an afternoon per week in Haworth and have time to be creative on YouTube. She is over 30 by now. If teeth are so important to her she could have bought herself some.
That is true. I payed for mine upfront after saving up during the pandemic (but could have also payed monthly, interest free) and I am nowhere near to well off, just a regular working professional. She would prioritise that instead of travelling to SA but I guess it's not as important as she might make it out to be.

You’ve got my vote. It seems to be naturally evolving in that way anyhow. And considering Phony Fanny Fraudie does nothing but lie, steal and cheat now the discussion has become rinse and repeat like the vlogs. As Kathy pointed out in her vlog today some are becoming bitter over this and it’s very unhealthy. It’s all gristle these days, no meat to chew. I say maintain the concept but broaden the scope. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
Please, we keep talking about the rest anyway and none of them put out enough content or do enough things to warrant separate (active) threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm thinking this Dubai business might have something to do with the SA Princess. A bit coincidental. I'm also thinking she may consider taking Phyllis a bit of a risk considering his appearance and mannerisms in such a conservative country. She never goes travelling alone and Gerry is just another handbag carrier for her. Personally, I wouldn't consider Dubai to be much of a present for Gerry as a travel destination. What the hell is he going to do there? Ride up and down in the elevator? She's going for the glitz and shopping, maybe connect with the Sultana or whatever she is. She'll fit right in, Gerry will stand out like a sore thumb. She'll return with loads of tit. Phyllis will be jealous. Fanny's the one in the middle, the only blonde. She's going to have a lot of fun in the sun!
Dubai would be one of the last places on this earth that I would ever wish to visit.
My son's last girlfriend was brought up there by her ex-pat parents - she left as soon as she was old enough to come to the UK.
When he visited a couple of years ago, he absolutely hated it and felt so uncomfortable due to their insane laws and hypocrisy let alone, the huge division in distribution of wealth.
His gf's father even offered him a job, which he immediately turned down without a second thought. I was extremely proud of him. :cool:

• Heart
Exactly, I come here for the fun and the language lessons.
Haven't watched Stephanie Jarvis flogs since Easter. For the Smuglies I stopped watching when they started with their kitchen. Imo totally unneccessary luxury renovation, I preferred their old kitchen, the new one is too monoton beige and boring. I just don't understand why they needed a new kitchen when they don't do B&B anymore and haven't renovated their fourth façade. The amount of money they invested in the kitchen would largely have paid for it.
In their defense, the old kitchen was a bit bare bones "it will do for now" kind of situation.
I would more so question why do they need a dining room when they have the big breakfast room which they used for the B&B guests, but hey I guess the new dining room hasn't really been a big expense, just some wiring and painting (and a 40 euros table).

Didn't know about the fourth façade, I thought the entirety of it was covered by a government grant?

Speaking of the Fleuries, I snickered at the lil nugget when the Wallpaperer announced they didn't have much time to renovate the dining room because of the expensive wax launch. The idiots will make more money on these renovation videos from addsense alone than they will on their elitist candles, what were they thinking?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Probably a good idea in order to keep the forum from dying out.
I don't watch any of the other chateau vlogs, but I'd still skim through to see what legal troubles the Queen of grifting gets herself entangled with...
I think it would be interesting to watch the current video and then “go back in time” and watch the videos from around the same time in years past. We could really get a feel for what has actually been accomplished, what tall tales have been told and just how much LalaLande and Stef has changed over time…

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Lochness Monster

I agree with your comment from the previous thread about Isobel having early signs of dementia.
A while back, I think it was @luna, who asked for 'hot takes'.
I said that I thought Isobel had early onset dementia.
Mr GM noticed it first.
It was last summer when they were outside talking around the well.
Isobel looked directly at the camera to reply to a question from Steph.
Her face was blank and so were her eyes.

Remember that time we saw Steph and Philip meet up with Isobel and Percy.
Steph kept touching and stroking Isobel.
One of my neighbours who has dementia was admitted into care last week.
His son exhibited the same stroking and touching behaviour as Steph.

In some people with dementia certain behaviours become heightened.
For instance, someone with a temper becomes more angry and short tempered . . . their filter goes.
I think this is evident in Isobel.

My comments are of course, speculation only.

Always trust your instinct Le Comte!
I also noticed she is very angry all the time and slightly abusive , so I think you are right about the dementia ...

• Heart
OMG! It would be so funny to have Andy and Ricky show up in Dubai at the same hotel as Fanny and Gerry! Andy and Ricky would just act surprised. "Steph, what are you doing here? Wow! I had no idea. We come here all the time. It's one of our favorite places. I just can't believe you're here at the same time we are. What a coincidence. We're filming too. Let's all go together. I've rented a private driver and Bentley to take us on a tour."
I'm confused. Can you explain what this is a photo of? That isn't Michael. Did Michael take this picture?

You say mostly, do you know which episodes were for DIY? I know that the pink polka dot dress wasn't in any of the advent vlogs but was in the DIY video. Very confusing to say the least. Do you know where they were on the 24th and 25th? Please do spill the beans! Curious and curiouser. 🤔
The recent C4 Chateau DIY at Christmas episode of the HMN was filmed a few months ago, prob early/late Sept would be my guessimate - before Issy and Percy returned to the UK after the Patrons' Day.
They filmed a dinner for approx 8/10 people in the newly renovated Marquis' apartment where SJ served up the goats cheese/foie gras concoction starter - Scotsman obviously wasn't a fan!
They chopped down the widest/ugliest tree possible from down the bank of the lake, (very telling as that bank was fully cleared in a more recent CD vlog by Nick the tree guy) - basically because Christmas trees wouldn't have been on sale way back then.
And, the wood burner in that room was screened off too because it wasn't connected until a month or so later in the year - again, as witnessed in later CD vlogs.
Their coverage amounted to prob 5/6 minutes of the total episode. As is the norm, all truly OTT boring and pure fakery!
However, I do get it because obviously the C4 production team would much prefer to have it all the in "bag" well before the Christmas TV schedule is released. Hey, ho! ;)

Reactions: 10

4.37 unfortunately with Fanny friendships do end regularly

She forgot charcoal when hosting a BBQ

She is shamelessly flirting with a gay man

She can't show any renovations

MP did her makeup so she looks good.

Grown adults behaving like kids in costumes for a lame party

Seemingly not much change but more genuine laughter

• Heart
Reactions: 19
To me the Christmas decorations on the right looked out of proportion.
Brenda Gibbons did a little photoshopping....

View attachment 1835117

Here is the original....

View attachment 1835118

Adding to the photo gallery...
What is going on with Ruth Kelly's hair???
Covid (?), a stressful year, along with a toxic friend and a player partner, will do that.
Don't get me started on the questionable Christmas doll, on the sideboard, in the background.😶

View attachment 1835122
View attachment 1835126

....and then there is Stuart Folkes....

View attachment 1835145

@french.asf
1 week ago
Be still, my soul. Every morning I am up at dawn (it rises late this time of year, don’t too impressed) to walk the Fox Labrador. I keep her on lead while on the road, but in the forest we agree to the sovereignty of exploration. The robins chant their hymns as we near the nest. The deer camouflage behind thick bramble; their presence comforts, even if you can’t catch sight of them. The kingdom of the wood rises after the evening hunt of the owl, who’s screeches I hear in the night, safely tucked under my duvet. Her subjects are free to roam, until the sun sets and the hunt begins anew. The only thing to fear are my own anxieties and worries, and perhaps a wild boar. We stay vigilant for latter, and peacefully request to let go of the former. Winter is here. The quiet, the golden light echoing off the valley. The resonance of the crunch, crunch, crunch of the frost-glazed oak leaves that have fallen to the earth. They dance their way down from the treetops, departing to make way for the new. Life requires an acceptance of duality. In the past, I have retreated to the sun soaked glory of the desert when in need of stillness. At present, I come back to myself among the shaded wood, and take a lesson from the rippling creek. It slows melodically, releasing its frantic hold on the future. Gracefully accepting the rest and freeze of the season. “Put down what you are carrying,” it calls to us. Be at peace. I am reminded of a line from a favorite hymn: Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
#stillness #stillstillstill #countryside #forest #centralfrance #foxlabrador #breathe #toletgo
Berry, Centre, France
Ruth looks fine to me, hair and all. The three of them do seem very pally, given that they have probably only met once or twice.

Stuart, it's the owl whose (not who's) screeches you hear, but I don't think you were clear-headed when you tossed this word salad together.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I
Just watched this - never again! A morbidly obese dollop, with the same facial characteristics as his dog, puffing and panting his way through an excuse to patronise and show off to his elderly mother. Run Ricardo, run!
I'm not a doctor but Andrew's distressed breathing sounds like the overture to a heart attack!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.