The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I've never watched any of the real housewives shows but they all look extremely tacky and fake. I do think Fanny must watch quite a few TV shows depicting women like these. We've seen over the years the hair, makeup, clothing choices, inappropriate displays of cleavage, high heels and dramatic acting increase. I guess these kind of women may be her role models. Like I posted earlier, she'll love Dubai and fit right in! You don't even have to go outside or see anything ugly or poor people on the streets. No unpleasantness. Disneyland for rich decadent adults as long as you STAY INSIDE the fancy hotels and shopping malls.
What you have described is exactly why I absolutely hate those kind of destinations - all OTT bling and fakery as to what is the real truth outside of the main hotels.
Once had a holiday in Sharm el Sheikh, staying in a fabulous tourist hotel.
One day I said to my then partner, let's go out to an out of the way surrounding market/village from the recommendation of one of the hotel's staff - partner defo took some persuading! Well, that was truly eye opening - which I absolutely adored - my partner, not so much as he was an out-and-out inner city London boy through and through and, tbh, it rather scared him. Lots of raw meat hanging around and the sun sets rather early out there! :ROFLMAO:
Certainly, not me, I was in my element speaking with all the shop owners and actually seeing how/where the native Egyptians lived and shopped.
Funnily enough, most of whom spoke perfect English too as they had originally studied in the UK and then gone back to help their families promote their businesses through those studies, fabulous! I encountered many of these same such extremely hard working, respectful/polite students too at my last place of work.
Everybody was so respectful, polite and helpful - nobody was in our faces with the hard sell or, sinister - it was all really laid back. I bought absolutely loads of stuff - and much better quality and far cheaper too than what was on offer around our hotel. I just paid what the store owners asked, no haggling necessary as everything was a good price and they were obviously happy too!
In the last shop, where I bought many fantastic quality t-shirts for my son, friends/family, the 2 young guys (obviously sons of the owner) who again, both spoke perfect English, even ordered us a taxi and told the driver in no uncertain terms, not to over charge us, although, obviously we did tip him rather generously as the fare amounted to absolute peanuts. So, win-win situation for everyone. ❤

Reactions: 18
okay this needs at least a time stamp of where to start watching.... it's after @11.00 She's bitching about people talking about themselves on here, after talking about herself, her weeks eats, her ailments... omg the ailments... for 11 minutes straight! I stopped watching her a long time ago, the way she's rubbing her nose there I'm wondering if she's been sniffing the white stuff!
Has Kathy even seen Tattle? I remember a time when people were talking about their favourite dish soap :LOL: We talk about everything and anything here. I, for one, enjoy the lil' tid bits I get from other people's lives, it's interesting to see how other people live.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Monogrammed bathrobes are for impressing rubes at four star (not five star) hotels. Ladies and gentlemen bring their own dressing gowns. Hotels -- that's where those boys -- like Dean and Borja -- get their decorating and hospitality aesthetic.
I like real eccentric dashing decorators -- I even like Lulu Lytle, the one BoJo got kicked out of office for hiring. I like her a lot. Hotels should look like an eccentric person/thoughtful host with really good taste -- not Ivanka Trump -- decorated them.
Good bedside lamps and reading lamps, both ambient and spot lighting, which people like Ivanka and Shrek Jr. and Fanny never understand. A surface for every seated/prone person to set a cup or a glass on. Etc.
I would be impressed if I stayed at a friend’s house and they had custom monogrammed bathrobes for me and my husband.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh my, I knew it would happen to Pavlina, too. One nice dress and some pseudo sexy pics and she is hooked. Did they all skipp their teenage party time?

I mean she must justify somehow to go to Saudi Arabia and Maria Antoinette was always good as an excuse

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is that the Scottish couple?
The couple that did that hideous Queen Victoria themed room? Or am I getting them confused? They actually seemed to be doing okay as far as the tea room etc. Wonder what happened. I think people underestimate the amount of work and never ending repairs that are involved. Stops being fun early on, I would imagine.

I would be impressed if I stayed at a friend’s house and they had custom monogrammed bathrobes for me and my husband.
Mmmmm, I think not. On the same principle Camilla Parker Bowles should neither have accepted nor worn the Saudis' emerald, ruby, and sapphire necklaces. It's too intimate a gift, which in Camilla's case says, I'm your witch, bags of cash in exchange for citizenship and honors welcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Selma’s girlfriend is an odd duck and it must infuriate her to think about all those months the Chatelaine was rocking the camper with him at the beginning of the Pandemic. Perhaps Mummsie also enjoyed some time in the camper? Maybe even Fill-Up? The Weed Arranger, too?
In that case, it’ll take more than some penicillin to clear up what ails them around the shitt-oo!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“Time traveling “ Stephanfraudie spent approximately 50% of the past year away from her beloved Dump but tried to hide this from viewers and Patrons by screwing with the timelines in videos, utilizing portions of older footage. What a scammer!

Now in 2023, she is likely off to Dubai, Saudia Arabia ( she has already set that up thru the gift grab reveal) with trips to Italy, London, Paris, South Africa, and Spain probably already on the books.

Potts did the site and there wasn’t sufficient safety provisions put in place to protect buyers purchasing online.

I agree. Stephanfraudie is the gold standard of the chateau verse grifting to which all other chateau owners should be compared.

It makes sense now that her Auntie had the huge Christmas tree up and decorated at the barn house because Christmas was filmed earlier in the month and Auntie and family were at home in England with Anne Marie’s other brother and grandchildren enjoying Christmas at the barn house in England on Çhristmas Eve and Christmas Day and were not at the Dump.
She's probably already in Saudi.

That had to be the most 'can't be arsed' I've ever had the misfortune to watch albeit in FF.

Why is IJ suddenly acting like a dumb mute.

Reactions: 13
Potts always poses Ruthie like a coy debutante. 👯‍♀️
She looks silly, not natural at all. Would not want her to become a friend, seems a bit superficial. Can't believe she is an author. Wanna bet she does anal bleaching, too. Probably has a tiny butterfly tattoo.

• Haha
Why is IJ suddenly acting like a dumb mute.
She's another one that loves to be the center of attention. Maybe too much competition with so many other attention seekers? Hard to get a word in edgewise between Fanny and Phyllis. 🗣 I have a feeling this Christmas at the Shithole has been exhausting for her.😩 She's old, she's tired. I would have found the whole thing overwhelming. I'd be tucked away with Ruby 🐈‍ where no one could find me reading a book and drinking coffee. 📖 ☕

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Leaving this here for your viewing pleasure...

Andy's mummy behaves very much unlike him, unpretentious. :ROFLMAO: ;)

That was pure torture. No wonder Ricky is attracted to Stu. At least she’s fun, outgoing, and a bit sassy. These two are the definition of dull and depressing. No fun will be had with these two.

• Haha
The couple that did that hideous Queen Victoria themed room? Or am I getting them confused? They actually seemed to be doing okay as far as the tea room etc. Wonder what happened. I think people underestimate the amount of work and never ending repairs that are involved. Stops being fun early on, I would imagine.
I think that's the one and it's been on the market for a while. That's another thing people probably don't consider when buying a chateau in France; it can take years to sell it again.

• Heart
If that has a UK flag over the bed...yes. leggett immobiliser are the agents.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.