The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing must be said about Italian inheritance laws of succession, they are very protective of the heirs' rights: nobody can deprive a legitimate heir of at least a part of the inheritance, even if the deceased didn't mention it or didn't want to.
What happened to you could never happen here. First, when your mum passed away, half of her estate would have become yours. Your dad could only have sold his half. Again, when your dad passed away, (but had he married that New Squeeze?), half of his property, including half of his money in the bank, would be yours. She or her family could only touch half of it. This, of course, IF they were married and she was a legitimate heir. Otherwise everything would be yours.
No, they never married, she had several pensions from her husband,(Civil servant) Dad had some too, if they'd married apparently she would have lost some of hers.. So they had a high old life, even though when Mum died they were living month to month more or less... but they did own their home, and Dad was working, Mum had hit retirement the year before... When she died, he retired, sold the house, bought a little flat and had money in the bank... plus his pensions... He told me once they'd both written wills, but lo & behold, when he died there was no will to be found...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
according to her ig they already left.
I'm confused again! Who is 'they'? I saw that Stu and her cat left the chateau is that the 'they'? Poor kitty! Stu shouldn't be dragging her cat around like that. Kittie's don't like that. Did it just have to stay cooped up in a room while Stu was downstairs most of the time? I hope it peed on the curtains and left a little package under the bed. Isn't Fanny allergic to cats? If so, I hope it did a lot of shedding.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Finally a word popped into my head to describe LieLieLanda Stepamememe: ACQUISITIVE (in all areas of her life be it material possessions or people or places to visit)!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm confused again! Who is 'they'? I saw that Stu and her cat left the chateau is that the 'they'? Poor kitty! Stu shouldn't be dragging her cat around like that. Kittie's don't like that. Did it just have to stay cooped up in a room while Stu was downstairs most of the time? I hope it peed on the curtains and left a little package under the bed. Isn't Fanny allergic to cats? If so, I hope it did a lot of shedding.
if the cat left a nice hairball someone could prank Snorts by putting a finding on the back & offering him a woodland creature brooch.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Do they really leave the live trees and greenery up until February? That's so depressing. It's actually depressing to leave any of the Christmas stuff up that long. I just dumped my greenery today, it was dry and brittle. I love decorating for the holidays, but when flowers and greenery start to fade it's time to off them. I would be so distraught to go away for a month and come back to find the Christmas decorations still up. There's something morbid and clingy about it especially since she puts everything up so early. She really has a problem with letting go of her childhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I still occasionally dream about my mum, even though it has been 40 years since she passed. And, on occasion, she actually speaks to me in my dreams. It truly, is just so real and feels like a hug from her to me when I need it most. ❤
It is said, that if you can remember a dream then it is a message...don't try and evaluate it but notice things around you over the next days or weeks and see if anything resonates...Dreams fade really quickly so it's handy to keep a notepad at the side of the bed and when you awake from a dream jot down some points you do remember... you will then have something to refer back to ... i

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
It is said, that if you can remember a dream then it is a message...don't try and evaluate it but notice things around you over the next days or weeks and see if anything resonates...Dreams fade really quickly so it's handy to keep a notepad at the side of the bed and when you awake from a dream jot down some points you do remember... you will then have something to refer back to ... i
I have been having the weirdest dreams since I contracted COVID. I won't be writing any of them down. I hope I just forget them. They have been somewhat scary.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’m just checking back in...
But gosh- onto another thread and I’m 40ish pages behind!!! 😩 I’ll have to catch up sometime but have a GNO (girls night out) tonight- which is really just a drink and dinner with our advanced age! lol!!!
*I had saved the book cover/title of the latest I checked out....thought it would appeal to some! 😆
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas holiday! Gearing up for New Years now. 🎉🎉🎉
Love y’all! 😘
just a Suthern Belle here

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I seem to remember reading on here that when Fanny was rushed to hospital by Phillipa and it spent the night in the car waiting outside the hospital, that Fanny had had an ectopic pregnancy.
Anyone remember that? Because if it indeed happened, was Phillipa the father? Would this have been difficult for Fanny to explain if she didn't have a regular boyfriend? Could that have been the reason that Fanny and Phillipa concocted the story that she and it were dating? I couldn't type boyfriend and girlfriend in that sentence knowing that I was referring to Phillipa. My hands were willing but my brain revolted.
Just curious because it might have been the reason for the (Here we go again) boyfriend/girlfriend subterfuge?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I seem to remember reading on here that when Fanny was rushed to hospital by Phillipa and it spent the night in the car waiting outside the hospital, that Fanny had had an ectopic pregnancy.
Anyone remember that? Because if it indeed happened, was Phillipa the father? Would this have been difficult for Fanny to explain if she didn't have a regular boyfriend? Could that have been the reason that Fanny and Phillipa concocted the story that she and it were dating? I couldn't type boyfriend and girlfriend in that sentence knowing that I was referring to Phillipa. My hands were willing but my brain revolted.
Just curious because it might have been the reason for the (Here we go again) boyfriend/girlfriend subterfuge?
There was never any proof of such rumor. Remember to keep a big bag of salt nearby for such tales. Plus, she's getting pretty old to be able to conceive so easily. I imagine she's been careful with birth control. She doesn't want a baby. Probably just a UTI or some such thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She is really doing come to bed flirting in this one with her gay chum MP but so different to with Phi Phi it is sexy flirting not prim Granny style

Did Fanny shag Wilson the American volunteer?
Did Fanny shag Wilson the American volunteer?
[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I would have, given half a chance!:devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.