The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me the Christmas decorations on the right looked out of proportion.
Brenda Gibbons did a little photoshopping....

View attachment 1835117

Here is the original....

View attachment 1835118

Adding to the photo gallery...
What is going on with Ruth Kelly's hair???
Covid (?), a stressful year, along with a toxic friend and a player partner, will do that.
Don't get me started on the questionable Christmas doll, on the sideboard, in the background.😶

View attachment 1835122
View attachment 1835126

....and then there is Stuart Folkes....

View attachment 1835145

@french.asf
1 week ago
Be still, my soul. Every morning I am up at dawn (it rises late this time of year, don’t too impressed) to walk the Fox Labrador. I keep her on lead while on the road, but in the forest we agree to the sovereignty of exploration. The robins chant their hymns as we near the nest. The deer camouflage behind thick bramble; their presence comforts, even if you can’t catch sight of them. The kingdom of the wood rises after the evening hunt of the owl, who’s screeches I hear in the night, safely tucked under my duvet. Her subjects are free to roam, until the sun sets and the hunt begins anew. The only thing to fear are my own anxieties and worries, and perhaps a wild boar. We stay vigilant for latter, and peacefully request to let go of the former. Winter is here. The quiet, the golden light echoing off the valley. The resonance of the crunch, crunch, crunch of the frost-glazed oak leaves that have fallen to the earth. They dance their way down from the treetops, departing to make way for the new. Life requires an acceptance of duality. In the past, I have retreated to the sun soaked glory of the desert when in need of stillness. At present, I come back to myself among the shaded wood, and take a lesson from the rippling creek. It slows melodically, releasing its frantic hold on the future. Gracefully accepting the rest and freeze of the season. “Put down what you are carrying,” it calls to us. Be at peace. I am reminded of a line from a favorite hymn: Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
#stillness #stillstillstill #countryside #forest #centralfrance #foxlabrador #breathe #toletgo
Berry, Centre, France
The pictures are surprisingly nice! I like the colours and fun weird poses… most of the pictures we take in our friend group looks like that 😅
I have to begrudgingly admit… Pottsy takes good photos..

But lord that word salad of a post! I used to have a friend who wrote like that… the Christmas/birthday cards she wrote for us was… A LOT! Friendship faded away… it was probably for the best 😆

Christmas decorations till February? Is that some weird French tradition or are they just that lazy?
I'm guessing they put off taking down the decorations until SJ returns from her winter travels!
I can already see Pavulva taking down the decors whilst they're away.

View attachment 1834846
Didn’t the queen used to take decorations down in February? Of course madame has to imitate 💩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
okay this needs at least a time stamp of where to start watching.... it's after @11.00 She's bitching about people talking about themselves on here, after talking about herself, her weeks eats, her ailments... omg the ailments... for 11 minutes straight! I stopped watching her a long time ago, the way she's rubbing her nose there I'm wondering if she's been sniffing the white stuff!
I thought I was out on my own on this one.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If that has a UK flag over the bed...yes. leggett immobiliser are the agents.
Château de Saugé

Reactions: 8
okay this needs at least a time stamp of where to start watching.... it's after @11.00 She's bitching about people talking about themselves on here, after talking about herself, her weeks eats, her ailments... omg the ailments... for 11 minutes straight! I stopped watching her a long time ago, the way she's rubbing her nose there I'm wondering if she's been sniffing the white stuff!
Have to add at the 11.00 minute out of 13:49. :(
Don't get me wrong, she is ok, never in my mind has she ever been the Queen Kathy of Lidl. Imho, she really has always rather bleated on about her own personal ailments in all of her vlogs, rather than, "Kathy's life in France" per se! Whatever!
Also, she doesn't appear to swear so much either these days - I wonder why? Which imho, was always totally unnecessary to do so in order for her to make "her" point. Yes, we can all swear, but Kathy often took it to the extreme, imho.
OMG, then she says that people on Tattle talk about themselves - excuse me, what exactly do you do yourself Kathy in every vlog you release, e.g. talk about yourself constantly, more times rather than, not! 🤮
I recently watched her vlog regarding why she is/has been passive aggressive throughout her life. I totally respect her for doing so, as some of which she said, truly resonated with me too.
My late sister was also a psychiatric trained nurse and, unfortunately, through her training could often appear rather cold and/or detached too. Which often surprised me as I knew my sister as being the total reverse in my real life with her.
Nuff said now. Hope you appreciate my comments Kathy! I, for one, am not bitter, just speaking my truth and being real as I see it. And, as you well know, if you put yourself out as a YTuber - you will always receive feedback too - good, bad or, ugly! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Château de Saugé

Yikes! I never watched Chateau DIY show, so I have no idea who these people are... but that poor chateau has been outright vandalized by their "restorations"... It's hideous!

I wanted to say the best thing about the rooms are the Persian rugs.. but upon zooming in, at least the blue ones are fake Persian rugs, the pink ones are also sus... go figure 😂

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 09.56.44.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 09.56.55.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 09.57.16.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 09.58.36.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 09.59.01.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Why is IJ suddenly acting like a dumb mute.
The forced happiness and unrealistic expectations of the holidays may have gotten to be too much for her to handle. You can only fake it for so long…and she’s probably just too tired to play along anymore. Sad, really.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Like a vlog book club. We all watch an old vlog and the corresponding new one then meet to discuss. Wine essential 😂😂
Brilliant idea someone to nominate a flog each week or just start at beginning and work through, mind you we don't want to get too depressed

Yikes! I never watched Chateau DIY show, so I have no idea who these people are... but that poor chateau has been outright vandalized by their "restorations"... It's hideous!

I wanted to say the best thing about the rooms are the Persian rugs.. but upon zooming in, at least the blue ones are fake Persian rugs, the pink ones are also sus... go figure 😂

View attachment 1836011

View attachment 1836012

View attachment 1836013

View attachment 1836014

View attachment 1836015
OMG this is the absolute taste abortion I mentioned a while back as gypsy chic so disgusting

Reactions: 17
The couple that did that hideous Queen Victoria themed room? Or am I getting them confused? They actually seemed to be doing okay as far as the tea room etc. Wonder what happened. I think people underestimate the amount of work and never ending repairs that are involved. Stops being fun early on, I would imagine.
That's who I was thinking of, yes. I've never been keen on their sense of style (I didn't see the relevance of a Queen Victoria theme in a French château) but they've worked hard.

Reactions: 15

View attachment 1836011

View attachment 1836012

View attachment 1836013

View attachment 1836014

View attachment 1836015
Is this UK C4 episodes? If so, I don't recognise any of those rooms being featured from any Chateau that I know. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I can't imagine ever telling my Dad he needed to make sure my inheritance was protected when he shacked up with the New Squeeze... As it happened, he sold his/mum's property, invested in his own flat/apartment, met New Squeeze, after a while she sold her property, moved in with him... (see how this is going)? After a few years he sold his flat, they moved into rental seniors complex, he died, their joint bank account automatically went to her... she died eventually, all her money went to her family.... My last straw with her was when she said, "I know your Dad and I have only been together 15 years, but when you think whilst he was married to your Mum, he was away a lot (army) and they were both working, with us both being retired all these years, I've been with him longer than he was with your Mum" :O witch.. 'but no struggles Vi, no kids to raise, bills to worry over, you've lived off my Mums money all these years... hey ho...
One thing must be said about Italian inheritance laws of succession, they are very protective of the heirs' rights: nobody can deprive a legitimate heir of at least a part of the inheritance, even if the deceased didn't mention it or didn't want to.
What happened to you could never happen here. First, when your mum passed away, half of her estate would have become yours. Your dad could only have sold his half. Again, when your dad passed away, (but had he married that New Squeeze?), half of his property, including half of his money in the bank, would be yours. She or her family could only touch half of it. This, of course, IF they were married and she was a legitimate heir. Otherwise everything would be yours.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Has Kathy even seen Tattle? I remember a time when people were talking about their favourite dish soap :LOL: We talk about everything and anything here. I, for one, enjoy the lil' tid bits I get from other people's lives, it's interesting to see how other people live.
Kathy used to contribute to tattle then got offended and buggered off and bad mouthed us

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
No, that's not Nati's mom in the red dress. Her mom has short brown hair and looks like a mom. I don't know who it is though. Very cheap looking for sure. But what do you expect from a party a La Lande. Really, not Christmas attire at all. I grew up in a conservative Roman Catholic family. Christmas day meant attending high mass mid-morning. We did not observe midnight mass as it was too late and we were all in bed. You stayed in your church clothes all day. Grandmas, Grandpas, and other relatives came for a late afternoon meal. It was festive but not really a party. My mother observed the Catholic French custom of Christmas Eve being the time to have more of a party, albeit without meat as is the custom for Catholics. Presents were opened after we ate. I know a lot of people think of Christmas as just as an excuse to over consume, but that is not the meaning at all. I no longer practice Catholicism, but I do respect the meaning of Christmas and try to practice some of the more meaningful significance of it. I would never dress as if I was a hooker or going to a nightclub. It is a time for family whatever you family may be. When I see Kate MIddleton and her beautiful family, I am reminded so much of my mother getting dressed for Christmas mass with her beautiful coat, gloves, and stunning hat. Such elegance and class! Getting a bit teary eyed as I miss my mom so much at Christmas. ❤
Whenever you think of your mum it's because she is thinking of you... those moments of emotion that appear to suddenly come from nowhere? Don't be quick to dismiss as nostalgia, I firmly believe they are a message, a hug, a reminder that you are never alone... when ever I get them I say Hi and Thank you... 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thanks! Happy someone finally said what I've always thought. She's so boring and complaining all the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Whenever you think of your mum it's because she is thinking of you... those moments of emotion that appear to suddenly come from nowhere? Don't be quick to dismiss as nostalgia, I firmly believe they are a message, a hug, a reminder that you are never alone... when ever I get them I say Hi and Thank you... 💜
I still occasionally dream about my mum, even though it has been 40 years since she passed. And, on occasion, she actually speaks to me in my dreams. It truly, is just so real and feels like a hug from her to me when I need it most. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Great list.

You can add a few more projects:

Did she ever fix the ceiling that they tore out by the upstairs bathroom ( that they blamed on Ian?)

She failed to make curtains that close for her Dump bedroom as promised and to replace the tattered yellow silk curtains in the London apartment

DId they ever install or paint the ironwork outside the windows that PhiPhi was so hot to do?

The flooring in Narnia was never completed and the hole in the roof in Narnia that let owls and birds in was never repaired.

They never finished cleaning out the attics.

What happened to her Marquis old tv restoration?
Never got permission or moved forward with adding new windows and door to the Dump.

Does the downstairs loo actually work? The one with the thousands of dollars in wallpaper.

electrical never inspected or updated ( hanging electrical wires from the ceiling in Fannys bedroom, the pantry, etc.

What about replicating the wallpaper in the servants quarters that she made such a fuss about.

Fanny has made no progress on her apartment where she removed a wall.

She has never maintained or serviced any of the construction equipment she purchased and uses at the Dump.

Didn’t do the fake book thing that she and phi phi purchased at an auction,

Where are all her auction buys that we’re stuffed into her apartment?
What about the dozens of pictures/gifts she promised to frame and display?

NO ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!! Fanny purchased a laptop and accounting software in January 2022.
NO PROOF OF DONATIONS ON GIFT GRAB YOUTUBE PROCEEDS.
No proof of any donation to the local community that she claims to have done this year,

Pay to play transactions with the fashion school, other YouTubers, chateau owners, wineries, antique dealers, the local politician who invited her to the reception, the faux Dame debaucle, “volunteers”, the fake Ukrainian refugee ruse she played with Pavlina to generate goodwill and video content, etc.

Buying herself presents for the gift grab and writing notes and letters to herself to be read by herself in videos.

Failing to timely open and acknowledge gifts from viewers ( 6 to 7 months + to open a present).

Failed to get the B and B to be run properly ( with Ñutty failing to return emails, answer the phones, etc.) and renting out unsafe and dangerous rooms to guests.

I think these 3 posts ( luna20 , that’s rich, this post, and any other info Tattlers recall about unfinished projects or promises to these lists should be added to the Wiki under 2022 unfinished projects, promises, and shady dealings.
did anyone mentioned unfinished pergola?

• Haha

View attachment 1836011

View attachment 1836012

View attachment 1836013

View attachment 1836014

View attachment 1836015
OMG this is the absolute taste abortion I mentioned a while back as gypsy chic so disgusting
That's who I was thinking of, yes. I've never been keen on their sense of style (I didn't see the relevance of a Queen Victoria theme in a French château) but they've worked hard.
Whilst, they didn’t get their chateau quite right, it turned out 100% better than Lalande will ever be under Stephanie Jarvis’s watch.

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm suspicious if any of them were even there on Christmas day, I can't believe Auntie would leave her place fully decorated, go to France to celebrate with a bunch of people she barely knows, and let her family use her place to have Christmas without her...?
well if Clara's guess was right then xmas was celebrated when the TV lot were there- probably buggered off onto a sunbed till Feb! Then she will visit Dubai with Jerry, SA for poor mummy undearest - I reckon she will beat her 50% away target next year

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Whilst, they didn’t get their chateau quite right, it turned out 100% better than Lalande will ever be under Stephanie Jarvis’s watch.
Dahhling even Dan’s chateau is better than Fanny’s in some aspects! At least it’s a real chateau!
The bar is not very high 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
on the subject of Hygiene, I note Potts is still kneeding his bread on the manky kitchen table with the open cesspit cracks in the boards. So LaLande!
Even IJ made comment about the holes in the work surface... she wasn't impressed either.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.