The Chateau Diaries #203 I'm dreaming of a Emmaüs Christmas...🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For years all Stephanie Jarvis has been showcasing on her channel is her love of junk, her need for adoration, her preference for a wasteful lifestyle entirely financed by random strangers, her hurtful misuse of well-meaning volunteers. She is even housing a fake Ukrainian refugee solely to profit from peoples feelings about the war. And now we are suddenly to believe she is in solidarity with people that have no electricity because of that war? And she shows that solidarity by organizing a candle lit dinner? Disgust doesn’t begin to describe her unmatched opportunism, this woman will stop at nothing to get the attention she thinks she deserves.
Google owns YouTube and has put in place a policy about this kind of exploitation: “Due to the war in Ukraine, we will be suspending monetization of any content that exploits, ignores, or condones war.”
Stephanie Jarvis’ channel does two out of three: it might not condone, but it mostly ignores and often exploits the war in Ukraine. She deserves a special place in hell for this last flog alone, but suspending her monetization would be a good start.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Seriously, just watched last nights flog. She does absolutely bugger all including putting any effort into Advent content. It was virtually unwatchable and I am beginning to think she has done something to her whole face it just looks so odd. Timeline all over the place fake concern over Pavlina and what's his chops being cold making that not so great wreath, just an excuse to get herself a large vat of booze. The absolutely bizarre meal, if you're hosting don't get others to cook every day plan menus and cook yourself. I certainly wouldn't pay Stuart to come as Chef. Then we get on to her shallow empty gesture, trite commentary about standing with Ukraine- oh please Fanny take your expressionless face somewhere else. Then the truly bizarre decorating a tree for Potty and Struth with pictures of Fanny's memories including a very staged kiss with Pube. I honestly think she has lost any control on how freaky and inappropriate she allows herself to be-why would Ruth want to look at Fanny and co. Loved how Fanny said "it looks all lovely and cozy in here" translation it just looks warm but is bloody freezing. Potts didn't warrant Champagne like Aunty and old fiddle about he just got grifted Prosecco and chocolates. I am having to ask myself why I am watching at this point she just infuriates me as do all the misfits in the house. People still gushing in the comments, I honestly think she is so odious at this point it is too hard to watch. Amaury is such an oik.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The French have what we used to. A wealth tax. If you owned your house you got taxed extra for being wealthy. Here, most had mortgages even low ones to avoid the wealth tax. It's gone now, but I think France still use it. My guess would be property tax around €3000 a year.
In most states of Australia, depending on the value of your principal place of residence and the combined value of your properties, a land tax is payable.

Reactions: 11
Seriously, just watched last nights flog. She does absolutely bugger all including putting any effort into Advent content. It was virtually unwatchable and I am beginning to think she has done something to her whole face it just looks so odd. Timeline all over the place fake concern over Pavlina and what's his chops being cold making that not so great wreath, just an excuse to get herself a large vat of booze. The absolutely bizarre meal, if you're hosting don't get others to cook every day plan menus and cook yourself. I certainly wouldn't pay Stuart to come as Chef. Then we get on to her shallow empty gesture, trite commentary about standing with Ukraine- oh please Fanny take your expressionless face somewhere else. Then the truly bizarre decorating a tree for Potty and Struth with pictures of Fanny's memories including a very staged kiss with Pube. I honestly think she has lost any control on how freaky and inappropriate she allows herself to be-why would Ruth want to look at Fanny and co. Loved how Fanny said "it looks all lovely and cozy in here" translation it just looks warm but is bloody freezing. Potts didn't warrant Champagne like Aunty and old fiddle about he just got grifted Prosecco and chocolates. I am having to ask myself why I am watching at this point she just infuriates me as do all the misfits in the house. People still gushing in the comments, I honestly think she is so odious at this point it is too hard to watch. Amaury is such an oik.
Couldn't agree with you more.
I've always thought that the food at the farmhouse was strange...I certainly wouldn't want to eat there. Auntie looked less than enthused.
Oik is a very good word to describe Armoire. He's very different to his dandified father.
Isabelle seems to have been sidelined as far as the garden is concerned. Fanny having no further use for her since she's got her grasping paws on the YouTube cash and patreon funds.
We have Gnatt's family who were ignored at dinner as they can't speak English and soon Phillipa's parents will add themselves to the mix. I expect we can see Phillipa acting up then, strutting around as if it owned the place.
Boy is this a movie just begging to be made. The only reason I'm sticking around is to see whether or not she gets her just rewards.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
That’s so odd! On Instagram it looks like Alexander is following Billy, Gwen, Sherrie, and Sadie, but not Michael…and Michael is not following him, either. Maybe there was a falling out between the two?
A falling out? Was there ever a falling in?

• Haha
Reactions: 18

How much work!
WOW!
So much attention to detail!
WOW
Fanny would not have done this much work in three lifetimes.
But Fanny would do something differently:
FANNY WOULD BUY DAMN WALLPAPERS FOR €17,000.
Yes I admire the work ethic but oh my eyes-their decor is an abomination. Spraying everything gold- very gaudy. These people really should get help with the interior design, that has honestly shocked me how bad it was. I really like interior design so wouldn't watch a Reno with really bad decor, so not for me.

I've always thought that the food at the farmhouse was strange...I certainly wouldn't want to eat there. Auntie looked less than enthused.
Oik is a very good word to describe Armoire. He's very different to his dandified father.
Isabelle seems to have been sidelined as far as the garden is concerned. Fanny having no further use for her since she's got her grasping paws on the YouTube cash and patreon funds.
We have Gnatt's family who were ignored at dinner as they can't speak English and soon Phillipa's parents will add themselves to the mix. I expect we can see Phillipa acting up then, strutting around as if it owned the place.
Boy is this a movie just begging to be made. The only reason I'm sticking around is to see whether or not she gets her just rewards.
I do hope so. I think the fans waking up and the whole thing fizzling out could be a long time. Let's hope she has messed up and the tax man gets her. I honestly get so angry watching her now, she is the most disingenuous person I have ever seen. The thing that really grates is her laziness, if I have people staying at my home I don't make them plan menus, shop and cook she is the absolute pits. She even serves grifted food. Tonight with her Ukraine missive she needed witch slapping. Oik's Dad's a phoney he is just trying to dress like an English Gent but he is a right spiv. Pube the pointless little fop was also really patronising to Paulina and what's his chops when they were making wreaths, what the hell do the two of them do all day.

Oh the irony the errant coxcomb (what a word for a vain and stupid man)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I can't help comparing Fanny's lack of preparations for Christmas guests to my own Mother's preparation. We lived in the country and Christmas would see an extra 24 people there about arriving to stay until New Year. Weeks before the work would start and although we had staff my Mother oversaw everything.
Mince pies were baked, all the meals were planned, rooms allocated. Nothing was left to the last minute. Bearing in mind that there were adult and children's menus to plan because the children did not eat with the adults, something we were thrilled about because it meant that we could have fun on our own and in any case we didn't want to eat the adult food.
During the final week we kids knew very well to keep out of my mother's way and my Father would take us around the farm to get us out of the house. It was fantastic fun, everything ran smoothly. Completely the opposite to what we see at this farmhouse. It makes me appreciate my childhood much more, but then again times have changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Pube the pointless little fop was also really patronising to Paulina and what's his chops when they were making wreaths, what the hell do the two of them do all day.

Philip . . . What are you doing?
Pavlina . . . What does it look like we're doing?

I think Pavlina is getting just a bit sick of those two.
This is the second time I have seen her do a slapback.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
For years all Stephanie Jarvis has been showcasing on her channel is her love of junk, her need for adoration, her preference for a wasteful lifestyle entirely financed by random strangers, her hurtful misuse of well-meaning volunteers. She is even housing a fake Ukrainian refugee solely to profit from peoples feelings about the war. And now we are suddenly to believe she is in solidarity with people that have no electricity because of that war? And she shows that solidarity by organizing a candle lit dinner? Disgust doesn’t begin to describe her unmatched opportunism, this woman will stop at nothing to get the attention she thinks she deserves.
Google owns YouTube and has put in place a policy about this kind of exploitation: “Due to the war in Ukraine, we will be suspending monetization of any content that exploits, ignores, or condones war.”
Stephanie Jarvis’ channel does two out of three: it might not condone, but it mostly ignores and often exploits the war in Ukraine. She deserves a special place in hell for this last flog alone, but suspending her monetization would be a good start.
A fake refugee.
What does that say about Pavlina then? Is she reslly even Ukranian? What kind of person cashes in and pretends to be a refugee while her country and people are suffering?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Patron- gushing flog about her tour of Europe. Train to Germany on to Netherlands then they flew to England. Fanny rosacea is very bad. Splatter cash and his partner stayed at hotel in Paris for Aunty's Birthday they all looked really hungover. They go shopping and Coxcomb says he doesn't follow trends but glad to see Paris is catching up-twit. Fanny talking to a young artist just looked old and frumpy. Fanny will need that green hideous 80's jumper dress surgically removed she wore it days in a row. The Chateau really shows what dump La Lande is. Patron flog she is wearing green dress again on way home with real rosacea flair up and I think cheek fillers.

• Sick
Hands up anyone who
A) has more than one Christmas Tree in their house and
B) puts a Christmas Tree in guests bedrooms?
My hands are not raised lol

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If it were a murder mystery movie and someone took out F4F at the Dump, it would take an 8 to 10 part miniseries just to weed thru the amount of people ( potential suspects) who harbour a grudge against the Shittelaine for how she has treated them: used, abused, insulted, manipulated, ripped off, financially fleeced, screwed over, slept with their spouse or partner, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
How much work!
WOW!
So much attention to detail!
WOW
Fanny would not have done this much work in three lifetimes.
But Fanny would do something differently:
FANNY WOULD BUY DAMN WALLPAPERS FOR €17,000.
The hard work they both have done and very tasteful and within their budget.
Has Fanny ever visited them???

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1823761

"Hello from Lalande lovely people! Tonight’s video will be premiering later than usual - probably in about two hour’s time, because tonight we were filming during ‘Ukrainian Hour’, when we turned our lights off in solidarity with the people of Ukraine who are going without electricity."
Makes my blood boil. Goodness gracious! Blo*dy hypocrites. Arrrrrggggg!:devilish:

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m with @JustGriftWood on the Fertes decor style.

I have watched them for a couple of years & am extremely impressed with how hard they work & the huge effort they have made to pare everything right back & make things good both structurally and decoratively and to do everything themselves with great care & endless patience. Carol in particular is admirably painstaking with her determination to repair/replace and sand, prime, paint & paint & paint all the decorative features…. but in my opinion the end results sadly completely miss an appropriate aesthetic.

I actually think the original panelling/moulding in the main rooms is the nicest of any of the chateauverse. The original french gray green colour of the panelling was subtle & perfect and at one point she mentioned redecorating in the same sort of tones & to be fair she did try very hard to find a similar replacement wallpaper. (Unlike F4F balked at paying 17,000 to have it recreated) However it breaks my heart to see how hard she has worked but how so much of it is now ‘gilded’ to within an inch of its life using the brightest gaudiest gold colours against white walls & woodwork and a shimmering patterned wallpaper. It seems once she started she just couldn’t stop. Even if she wanted to lighten/brighten up the room the choice of white & gold is just such a shame. Even if she wanted to have so much gold it would have been possible to use far more subtle & antiqued’ gilding effects ….but somewhere along the way it all started to go down a shiny sparkly Disney Princess Castle vibe. Perhaps in real life the white is softer and the gold not so gaudy. I really hope so.

I also worry that as she has gilded some of the features using metal leaf as opposed to using real gold leaf (which would have understandably been far more expensive) it might all start to tarnish quite badly if she has not sealed it … which I’m not sure she has. Even though it is so not my taste I would hate to see her hard work become spoiled within a relatively short time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yes I admire the work ethic but oh my eyes-their decor is an abomination. Spraying everything gold- very gaudy. These people really should get help with the interior design, that has honestly shocked me how bad it was. I really like interior design so wouldn't watch a Reno with really bad decor, so not for me.

I do hope so. I think the fans waking up and the whole thing fizzling out could be a long time. Let's hope she has messed up and the tax man gets her. I honestly get so angry watching her now, she is the most disingenuous person I have ever seen. The thing that really grates is her laziness, if I have people staying at my home I don't make them plan menus, shop and cook she is the absolute pits. She even serves grifted food. Tonight with her Ukraine missive she needed witch slapping. Oik's Dad's a phoney he is just trying to dress like an English Gent but he is a right spiv. Pube the pointless little fop was also really patronising to Paulina and what's his chops when they were making wreaths, what the hell do the two of them do all day.

Oh the irony the errant coxcomb (what a word for a vain and stupid man)
I can't help comparing Fanny's lack of preparations for Christmas guests to my own Mother's preparation. We lived in the country and Christmas would see an extra 24 people there about arriving to stay until New Year. Weeks before the work would start and although we had staff my Mother oversaw everything.
Mince pies were baked, all the meals were planned, rooms allocated. Nothing was left to the last minute. Bearing in mind that there were adult and children's menus to plan because the children did not eat with the adults, something we were thrilled about because it meant that we could have fun on our own and in any case we didn't want to eat the adult food.
During the final week we kids knew very well to keep out of my mother's way and my Father would take us around the farm to get us out of the house. It was fantastic fun, everything ran smoothly. Completely the opposite to what we see at this farmhouse. It makes me appreciate my childhood much more, but then again times have changed.
Those of us who have people around for a meal still plan ahead! Most of us look forward to giving hospitality- look @Tea with lemon and her beautiful cooking for instance. She planned ahead so that her family can have a lovely Christmas meal together. It is just my bloke and me this Christmas, but I have made the orange sauce, chocolate cheese cake(no Christmas pudding this year) and Hazelnut after dinner slice - just need to cook the duck and guinea fowl on the day. I have planned ahead so we can have a special meal. The table is decorated, the tree is twinkling. At the funny farm no-one seems to get hospitality- even normal, lovely family meals. It is always last minute and a hodge podge.
To add: And then we have the leftovers on Boxing Day whilst watching the cricket from Melbourne.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1823761

"Hello from Lalande lovely people! Tonight’s video will be premiering later than usual - probably in about two hour’s time, because tonight we were filming during ‘Ukrainian Hour’, when we turned our lights off in solidarity with the people of Ukraine who are going without electricity."
What utter, utter shite

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.