The Chateau Diaries #203 I'm dreaming of a Emmaüs Christmas...🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Merry Christmas to everyone, even the Hags and Trolls from @Sparrowsfart in New Zealand.
May you all find the gift you wanted under the tree, and have a lovely day!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'd like to hear what Ky Bourbon and MrsHavisham have for their Christmas desserts as they are southerners who are known for their pies and cakes.
This evening I’ll be serving the guests’s choice of cranberry-apple pie with vanilla ice cream or rum cake 😋 (pie and cake are homemade…but not the ice cream!)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Feedback on Fannys latest video

maryann collins
2 hours ago
Got to say was very disappointed when you quickly turned to flowers while in middle of talking to the boys . Xmas is about the kids but it clearly showed that you where more interested when Philip turned up with the flowers. Love your videos but this one has disappointed me so much in how quickly you dismissed the kids over flowers ! Stephanie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Off topic but I just have to clarify some jargon for our friends that are not Americans. We are sometimes referred to as 'yanks' (note to Heathcliffe) but this causes problems for us. Growing up, a 'yank' was short for yankee. A yankee is from the northern and specifically northeast part of the US, as in the song "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Southerners certainly are not yanks, just ask them. People living on the west coast of the US never consider themselves yanks. Americans are regional. Calling us all yanks is considered bad form. While we consider ourselves American first, we are proud of our regional heritage. I refer to myself as a west coast gal and specifically a northwesterner. Not a yank! 🤣 I certainly wouldn't call Welsh, Irish or Scottish people British! I know where that would lead. Please take all of this as tongue in cheek. I'm just yanking y'alls chain! 🤣
I think a lot of us Canadians think of Americans as Yanks indiscriminate from where they might actually live in the US sorry eh?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I think a lot of us Canadians think of Americans as Yanks indiscriminate from where they might actually live in the US sorry eh?
Hey! What did the Canadians do to get involved in this? 🤌
We are all nice people and say aboot and soorry and live in igloos… according to Americans 😂😂
All in good fun! No one get offended! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This evening I’ll be serving the guests’s choice of cranberry-apple pie with vanilla ice cream or rum cake 😋 (pie and cake are homemade…but not the ice cream!)
Sounds divine! I'll have a slice of rum cake. 🍰

• Heart
Imagine her sitting on Shrek Jr’s beige and white furniture or on a beige Hermes blanket.

The Gay Twink should have bought her diapers not cabbage plates for Christmas.

77901D2C-26D1-44CA-B5B3-5AF76DF40818.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad, Chatelaine Love hasn’t faked a smile this month.

View attachment 1829205
um - is that a doughnut cushion for piles?

Lol Did anyone even believe he would find anything?????????? What a waste of time when he could have been busy finishing up umpteen renovation projects.

Imagine that…Chateau Strife completes less than the Floor Scrubber!

View attachment 1829431
Even if he'd found something - what was he going to do? It's a tunnel................... and?

• Haha
Feedback on Fannys latest video

maryann collins
2 hours ago
Got to say was very disappointed when you quickly turned to flowers while in middle of talking to the boys . Xmas is about the kids but it clearly showed that you where more interested when Philip turned up with the flowers. Love your videos but this one has disappointed me so much in how quickly you dismissed the kids over flowers ! Stephanie
Okay, which one of you is Maryann?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Merry Christmas 🎄 Happy Christmas 🎄 Happy Hanukkah 🕎 to all of you.

I happen to be in Madrid, first time, was just in the Chuenca neighborhood with hubs & daughter. Let me just say....I see why MPeth burned through his money. Wow !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Hey! What did the Canadians do to get involved in this? 🤌
We are all nice people and say aboot and soorry and live in igloos… according to Americans 😂😂
All in good fun! No one get offended! 😉
You do play ice hockey, right? And put maple syrup on everything? Where is Canada? 🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
The other thing about the word Yank or Yankee is it is used derogatorily in many places in the world and with good reason. I think many Europeans associate it the with WW2 when American servicemen were referred to as yanks. Unfortunately, I associate it with the phrase "Yankee Go Home". It's always very uncomfortable when travelling to places and seeing that slogan. I keep my mouth shut and move about discreetly.
There is an attitude in Louisiana that it is two very different states within the border of one. The upper half is far more protestant and is culturally distinct from the more Catholic lower half with the division occurring at roughly Alexandria (known to old school locals as Alec). All of mom’s family were born below that division while I’m the only family member born in the upper part of the state. As such, her family consider me a yankee. Interestingly I identify more strongly with the British side of the family and not with the French.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The thing that bothers me somewhat is the insistence that you have to use UK when you are only referring to one country. I can't tell you how many people have corrected me when I've said I was born in England. o_O

oh ye gods - now chateau vlogs are doing bloopers......................... :oops: (delasalle)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I've always assumed Brits calling us Yanks stems from the revolutionary war.

Overseas, we're all Yanks but at home only New Englanders are Yanks.

oh ye gods - now chateau vlogs are doing bloopers......................... :oops: (delasalle)
Weren't those bloopers hilarious?! Such a treat on Xmas, my side still aches from laughing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Okay, which one of you is Maryann?
I have a sneaky feeling that Maryann is my husband. ;)
I remember him being so indignant when Stephanie walked away from the kids as soon as Philip came in with the flowers.
As he mentioned, he has many names. ✌ :ROFLMAO:
- The Marquis' Wife

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
View attachment 1823761

"Hello from Lalande lovely people! Tonight’s video will be premiering later than usual - probably in about two hour’s time, because tonight we were filming during ‘Ukrainian Hour’, when we turned our lights off in solidarity with the people of Ukraine who are going without electricity."
She probably forgot to pay the electric bill so the power got cut...

• Haha

To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.

American author E.B. White

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Weren't those bloopers hilarious?! Such a treat on Xmas, my side still aches from laughing.
Fanny did bloopers a few years ago. Shows just how made up and rehearsed she really is

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.