The Chateau Diaries #203 I'm dreaming of a Emmaüs Christmas...🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic but I just have to clarify some jargon for our friends that are not Americans. We are sometimes referred to as 'yanks' (note to Heathcliffe) but this causes problems for us. Growing up, a 'yank' was short for yankee. A yankee is from the northern and specifically northeast part of the US, as in the song "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Southerners certainly are not yanks, just ask them. People living on the west coast of the US never consider themselves yanks. Americans are regional. Calling us all yanks is considered bad form. While we consider ourselves American first, we are proud of our regional heritage. I refer to myself as a west coast gal and specifically a northwesterner. Not a yank! 🤣 I certainly wouldn't call Welsh, Irish or Scottish people British! I know where that would lead. Please take all of this as tongue in cheek. I'm just yanking y'alls chain! 🤣
But we are most definitely British and proud of it! Just don't refer to us Celts as being English.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I've just had another flashback to last night's vlog. Mummy asked Stephanie if she and Percy could share a mince pie. Why can't he have a whole one? It seems as though she only ever allows him to have 50% of something. Maybe it's one reason why he is so thin.
Maybe he doesn't like mince pie! As a 'yank' I don't even know what a mince pie is! And I know I've never had one. I think it's a very English thing maybe? Americans are not into eating desserts made with dried fruits. Any other yanks out there eat mince pies? We don't do plum puddings either. I think traditionally we're kind of into our apple, pumpkin, and pecan pies for the holidays. I'd like to hear what Ky Bourbon and MrsHavisham have for their Christmas desserts as they are southerners who are known for their pies and cakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just a thought....... If Nodic's father is a tax and financial expert, that to me shows that he has to have a certain level of intelligence, yet, how does he allow the fruit of his loins to make such an embarrassment of his family name? Does he not think that people in the Netherlands have a thing called Youtube? Or, is Papa just as big an obnoxious prick as his son? Me thinks so.
I think the father of Phyllis might be sharing the closet with him. Take a good look at Snort’s Daddy. And sorry, forget who said it - but the quote or close to a quote “fanny is in a lesbian relationship with a gay twink” - thought that was fairly on point. I think in her day Fanny has swung both ways, from the chandeliers to the rotting beams and back again.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just a thought....... If Nodic's father is a tax and financial expert, that to me shows that he has to have a certain level of intelligence, yet, how does he allow the fruit of his loins to make such an embarrassment of his family name? Does he not think that people in the Netherlands have a thing called Youtube? Or, is Papa just as big an obnoxious prick as his son? Me thinks so.
Perhaps he has his eye firmly fixed on Fanny's patreon account. Note. Phillipa is not so daft as to be an official of the Association and the responsibilities that go with that. Is it being advised by it's Father?

• Haha
@Madame No BUT they are British, except for those from south of the Irish border, just not English !
That may be, but my very Welsh cousin gets red in the face with indignation when he is referred to as British! 🤣

But we are most definitely British and proud of it! Just don't refer to us Celts as being English.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧
I guess I put my foot in it! I stand corrected. Apologies to all you Brits that are not English. Just don't call me a yank, please! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I am still waiting for visual confirmation about this, but upon hearing the rumor I just couldn't wait to inform all of you we won't be seeing our charlataine in the local supermarket any time soon, no matter how urgent her shopping needs might be. Somebody apparently pinned the poop-picture of her ladyship in her negligee watched in ecstasy by her faithful gardener Davy on the Bulletin Board in the Intermarché in Aigurande. Like she used to phrase it: you heard it here first, but there seems to be no reason to keep the local community out of the loop :)
Does everybody in the community know her by her ass? I underestimated how well known she is by locals! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Does everybody in the community know her by her ass? I underestimated how well known she is by locals! 😂😂
Take it with a grain of salt or two. I just think it's funny whether it's true or not. Any you're right, would any of the locals know Davy or the back of Fanny? Maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Take it with a grain of salt or two. I just think it's funny whether it's true or not. Any you're right, would any of the locals know Davy or the back of Fanny? Maybe.
Oh darling I have a whole sack of salt next to me when I’m browsing the inter webs 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
FRK wishes all of you a Merry Christmas! Here's a photo of her mom's table. It's very pretty. Why can't Fanny do something like this? I'm pretty sure most of the greens were gathered from nearby. I can see where Marie gets her floral background.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe he doesn't like mince pie! As a 'yank' I don't even know what a mince pie is! And I know I've never had one. I think it's a very English thing maybe? Americans are not into eating desserts made with dried fruits. Any other yanks out there eat mince pies? We don't do plum puddings either. I think traditionally we're kind of into our apple, pumpkin, and pecan pies for the holidays. I'd like to hear what Ky Bourbon and MrsHavisham have for their Christmas desserts as they are southerners who are known for their pies and cakes.
This West Coast Yank had his 1st mini mince pie 2 years ago. I was curious so I bought a box of Walker's minis at Cost Plus World Market They're pretty good, give them a try. The ones I had had a warm, spicy orange taste with a buttery crust. They'd make a great PopTart flavor!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My family have always been partial to black bottom bourbon pecan, pumpkin and caramel pies at the holidays. Cakes were also featured and were usually Coconut Cream, Bûche de Noël and the very traditional and boozy fruitcake. Add to that an equally boozy bread pudding made from the leftover Christmas Eve breakfast cinnamon rolls served with hard sauce and you can just feel your teeth ache thinking about it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
It's even worse if he doesn't like mince pies! Being force fed half of one isn't great if you don't like them. I don't like anything sultana or raisin related myself.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Off topic but I just have to clarify some jargon for our friends that are not Americans. We are sometimes referred to as 'yanks' (note to Heathcliffe) but this causes problems for us. Growing up, a 'yank' was short for yankee. A yankee is from the northern and specifically northeast part of the US, as in the song "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Southerners certainly are not yanks, just ask them. People living on the west coast of the US never consider themselves yanks. Americans are regional. Calling us all yanks is considered bad form. While we consider ourselves American first, we are proud of our regional heritage. I refer to myself as a west coast gal and specifically a northwesterner. Not a yank! 🤣 I certainly wouldn't call Welsh, Irish or Scottish people British! I know where that would lead. Please take all of this as tongue in cheek. I'm just yanking y'alls chain! 🤣
Over here we do think of you all as Yanks, never though about it before so not sure why we do that. 😂. When I talk about tattlers over here unless I’m specifically talking about a particular country I think I say UK, we are all British apart from The Irish who are Irish. Northern Ireland is British as is England, Scotland and Wales. Goodness this must seem confusing to others😂😂.

• Haha
  • Wow
My family have always been partial to black bottom bourbon pecan, pumpkin and caramel pies at the holidays. Cakes were also featured and were usually Coconut Cream, Bûche de Noël and the very traditional and boozy fruitcake. Add to that an equally boozy bread pudding made from the leftover Christmas Eve breakfast cinnamon rolls served with hard sauce and you can just feel your teeth ache thinking about it!
I knew it! You southerners really know how to put out the desserts! I would love to try a southern coconut cream cake, it sounds delicious! Never heard of a caramel pie, that also sounds fab. It's a good thing I don't live down there as I would have to ask Tantette where to buy clothes (I know I shouldn't be talking like that on Christmas, more lumps of coal in my stocking this year). 🤣 😈 🪨

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I knew it! You southerners really know how to put out the desserts! I would love to try a southern coconut cream cake, it sounds delicious! Never heard of a caramel pie, that also sounds fab. It's a good thing I don't live down there as I would have to ask Tantette where to buy clothes (I know I shouldn't be talking like that on Christmas, more lumps of coal in my stocking this year). 🤣 😈 🪨
I think it’s the heat! You need all that sugar energy to motivate you to go outside!🥴 Actually in our house all those desserts were followed less than a week later with my grandmother’s famous triple chocolate fudge cake with ganache icing for a certain someone’s birthday!😍

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Over here we do think of you all as Yanks, never though about it before so not sure why we do that. 😂. When I talk about tattlers over here unless I’m specifically talking about a particular country I think I say UK, we are all British apart from The Irish who are Irish. Northern Ireland is British as is England, Scotland and Wales. Goodness this must seem confusing to others😂😂.
The other thing about the word Yank or Yankee is it is used derogatorily in many places in the world and with good reason. I think many Europeans associate it the with WW2 when American servicemen were referred to as yanks. Unfortunately, I associate it with the phrase "Yankee Go Home". It's always very uncomfortable when travelling to places and seeing that slogan. I keep my mouth shut and move about discreetly.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I am still waiting for visual confirmation about this, but upon hearing the rumor I just couldn't wait to inform all of you we won't be seeing our charlataine in the local supermarket any time soon, no matter how urgent her shopping needs might be. Somebody apparently pinned the poop-picture of her ladyship in her negligee watched in ecstasy by her faithful gardener Davy on the Bulletin Board in the Intermarché in Aigurande. Like she used to phrase it: you heard it here first, but there seems to be no reason to keep the local community out of the loop :)
So gross. 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.