The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure Marie has been through a lot. But my goodness she looks like she has aged a good 10 years...
View attachment 1816418

How much stress and worry has she been under?!
I object... She is an adult and has made her choises. I absolutely dispice the fact that she is now playing the violin of self-pity. She has lived irresponsibly sans care in the bleeping world relying on everyone else to feed her and shelter her... witch you need to work, get salary and hey presto you can pay your rent and buy your goddamn food. She comes from Norway where the government pays for your education and helps you if you are struggeling. In all the nordics universities are free plus you get money to study, if you cannot afford a home government will help you with council housing and let me tell you projects they are not. Healthcare including mental healthcare is provided for... So what FRK needs to do is grow the duck up, stop tryingbto be intresting and start living an adult life.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I object... She is an adult and has made her choises. I absolutely dispice the fact that she is now playing the violin of self-pity. She has lived irresponsibly sans care in the bleeping world relying on everyone else to feed her and shelter her... witch you need to work, get salary and hey presto you can pay your rent and buy your goddamn food. She comes from Norway where the government pays for your education and helps you if you are struggeling. In all the nordics universities are free plus you get money to study, if you cannot afford a home government will help you with council housing and let me tell you projects they are not. Healthcare including mental healthcare is provided for... So what FRK needs to do is grow the duck up, stop tryingbto be intresting and start living an adult life.
I don't disagree with you. I was just shocked by her appearance.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not grumpy but maybe you should consider that they don't want your presents? My MIL sent my always useless presents and I asked her so many times to stop it because either nobody eats her (low quality) treats or I threw away the (cheap) alcohol (we don't drink alcohol) and I certainly don't want her to buy me underwear. It felt more of a burden than a gift to me. And no matter how polite I tried to explain to her that I rather have nothing she wouldn't listen. She only got it once I stopped thanking her.

Not saying that your presents were cheap or tasteless but sometimes they just don't give pleasure and are more of an obligation. But what do I know I am a grumpy old lady myself
We used to exchange gifts with my sister in law and her partner, one of my husband's cousins and his wife, and for some time their children.
Also a friend and her husband.
The latter couple began the gift giving and we felt obligated in return. (They like quirky. I hate quirky.)
Two years ago I told all three couples we no longer wanted to exchange gifts.
The family members were happy with this, the friends not so much.
In fact they stopped talking to us for a few months.

Because they are running away from themselves and their empty lives.
And . . . desperately making creating content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
There will be many farming around the circus….and that Fanny never shows ( until the recent market) how people are trying to diversify etc to keep going.
That she imports so much food, thinking we will be impressed she buys biscuits from Germany and tea from London.
No and No. .
If she could genuinely show concern and support and interest for local people she may even be likeable.
She has no idea that the pretty cows are a longer days work than she will ever know.

We also have had farms not now. But my younger nieces are both trained dairymen. They work long hours physically and mentally and poor reward financially but that they are helping our economy from roots up and it is rewarding for them.
One has a boss who milks less frequently and has higher yields , a method used in New Zealand… the other has vending machines to sell milk to the public from the farm. It’s so interesting to hear how their days operate.
Fanny is a taker. Her knowledge of porcelain is fake and limited. Her knowledge of the land and how food arrives on her plate is ignorant. Mac Donald’s that is her world.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I like that the Canadian countess is reviving the walled garden. Stunned that it's been allowed to fall into ruin under Johnny's and Charles' tenure. Countess inviting in leading expert, carefully anatomizing for antique water systems (very trendy, low tech, eco-conscious), pathways, espalier fruit tree locations -- the real thing. Charles finally got himself a wife who wasn't a junkie.
The Spencer’s have a cottage in Muskoka north of Toronto.

A little tiff today between the two bossy bottoms - one still wearing that really ugly crocheted thing no card carrying gay man with class would be caught dead in!

03071E20-58D9-4CC6-825A-29220DA6EFCB.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
bingo is right, Clara, Here is what I was going to post earlier:

Everything about the Shittelaine is sketchy and messy. . Her “business” and “personal” relationships routinely overlap in a personal, financial, and legally incestuous manner and she is always on the lookout for free/cut rate/ grifted help from any person she encounters

I was always under the impression that nosy Sir Snorts a Lot knew about many of her nefarious dealings (had the dirt on her) and now we discover the father of Snorts is advising or handling F4F’s tax issues/business issues.

It makes sense now why F4F has to feature PhiPhi so much, is resentful of him in some ways, why Anne Marie and Śir Chamberpottie tolerate him, Auntie and Uncle have to publicly claim to “love him”, why he thinks he owns the Dump, butts into every conversation or video with his personal opinions and suggestions, makes unilateral decisions about the Dump and takes actions without consulting F4F and the other owners, walks through out the Dump freely, and is controlling, has a sense of entitlement, and is perpetually trying to force himself into the center of all the Dump/YouTube decisions or dealings. Phi Phi, her personal support squirrel, beard or front for her sexual liaisons, and decorator/shopping addict, has her boxed in a corner, she cannot get rid of him, without exposing herself and her questionable tax and business practices.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
There will be many farming around the circus….and that Fanny never shows ( until the recent market) how people are trying to diversify etc to keep going.
That she imports so much food, thinking we will be impressed she buys biscuits from Germany and tea from London.
No and No. .
If she could genuinely show concern and support and interest for local people she may even be likeable.
She has no idea that the pretty cows are a longer days work than she will ever know.

We also have had farms not now. But my younger nieces are both trained dairymen. They work long hours physically and mentally and poor reward financially but that they are helping our economy from roots up and itis rewarding for them.
One has a boss who milks less frequently and has higher yields , a method used in New Zealand… the other has vending machines to sell milk to the public from the farm.
Fanny is a taker. Her knowledge of porcelain is fake and limited. Her knowledge of the land and how food arrives on her plate is ignorant. Mac Donald’s that is her world.
The Spencer’s have a cottage in Muskoka north of Toronto.

A little tiff today between the two bossy bottoms - one still wearing that really ugly crocheted thing no card carrying gay man with class would be caught dead in!

View attachment 1816594
He looks like Tin Tin

Reactions: 10
Mrs. French Bean showed us yet another messy room. Are there any tidy rooms in that chateau???

The Great Restoration Project needs to be renamed the Great Tidy-up Project.

7116647A-63AB-43DD-B8BC-067C69EB77E1.png

Mr. French Bean would do well to give her a few Molly Maid gift certificates for Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Regarding candlegate, sounds like Anna’s idea 100% to me. She’s the designer & “tastemaker” out of the two. Phillip thought it was a good idea too and was the chosen one to do their infomercial. Looking back now, you can see the orange & green secret trail of breadcrumbs they left us. 🕯💩
Anna is a mean girl just as Fanny is, she’s just better dressed with a little more taste and clever editing.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Just when you thought you couldn't see a more tackily decorated house for Christmas-Aunty seems to have out done Fanny and Snorts on the tasteless-ometer

Anna is a mean girl just as Fanny is, she’s just better dressed with a little more taste and clever editing.
I agree she has a real spiky witch air about her and I am beginning to dislike Mr Smug too "all about the detail" my arse leaving the cables exposed

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
CE38A07C-860A-452C-A5DF-D2E76ED9366C.png
This is just so sad! Not a single candle burning in that room. Guess they can’t afford to buy even their own candles. Too expensive. 😂 😂 😂

I wonder how many Charlie got as a thank you
going away gift????????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
View attachment 1816738This is just so sad! Not a single candle burning in that room. Guess they can’t afford to buy even their own candles. Too expensive. 😂 😂 😂

I wonder how many Charlie got as a thank you
going away gift????????
Oh look at the professional film maker Mr. Smug your camera is reflected in the mirror-all about the detail my arse that is a rooky error

• Haha
I had to do early Christmas all day and evening yesterday with my narc mom, narc sister, my brother and their kids. Frankly, I would rather celebrate Çhristmas alone than with my somewhat feral relatives. It is nice to get it out of the way so you can enjoy Christmas Day without dealing with them.

It is difficult to find some presents for family members. I decided to go Lego this year with a few presents. Here are some of the presents I gave to my sister, sister in law, nieces, and narc mom.:

A Lego orchid and a Lego bonsai tree ( which they could take to their office for workspace or just display at home on a shelf, etc. It gave them a shared activity to do to fill the long day yesterday and keep attention focused on assembling the Lego project instead of pointed comments, conversations, etc.

8137yLhb3+L.jpg

and

d9GcSsu1dJ8-GA83Y5kUxzZd-awXNtbqDLuocb_DGvI0DAww&s.jpg

I got this Boba Fett Lego set for my 15 year old nephew:
Amazon.com: LEGO 75277 Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet Display Building Set,  Advanced Collectible Gift Model for Adults : Toys & Games

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Following the candle grift his lame attempts at humour now just irk me. Shove a candle in it, buddy. You have no fans.

8AF1BCD4-87BE-4F42-862D-493E73518CAD.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I had to do early Christmas all day and evening yesterday with my narc mom, narc sister, my brother and their kids. Frankly, I would rather celebrate Çhristmas alone than with my somewhat feral relatives. It is nice to get it out of the way so you can enjoy Christmas Day without dealing with them.

It is difficult to find some presents for family members. I decided to go Lego this year with a few presents. Here are some of the presents I gave to my sister, sister in law, nieces, and narc mom.:

A Lego orchid and a Lego bonsai tree ( which they could take to their office for workspace or just display at home on a shelf, etc. It gave them a shared activity to do to fill the long day yesterday and keep attention focused on assembling the Lego project instead of pointed comments, conversations, etc.

View attachment 1816747
and

View attachment 1816748

I got this Boba Fett Lego set for my 15 year old nephew:
View attachment 1816745
The Bird of Paradise Flower isn’t bad either.

LEGO-10289-Bird-of-Paradise-2.jpg

I’ll treat myself in January with this:

icons-10312-jazz-club-modular-building-01-1030x579.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
you know...farming in the days of Charles and his father was very different...i remember from my fathers stories that before i was born agriculture was mixed...mikling cows and also farming crops was mixed...in the fifties and sixties when the people left the farms to earn more money elsewhere... it all became very difficult...then the industrial farming began...with pesticides..weedkillers...fertilizers...and the soil slowly died..milking cows was very labour intensive..my grandfather was the first in the south of the Netherlands who bought a mikingmachine...for one of the dairyfarms..and still there was a lott of handlabour involved back then..

one woman in the vlogs points it out very well..when i went to agriculture college...they thought you how to increase your harvest with all those chemicals..not how to keep your soil healthy..and let nature take of pests themselves..just like doctors never learn how to keep people healty by the food they eat...it was just how do you cope with symptoms of sickness..soil or patients....I have a very good friend...who is also a farmer..when he started organic farming many years ago...he was rediculed..and laught at..i always believed in his work.he has always been his time far ahead...more than me i have to say..He had some very hard times...also financially...i had to help him many times...but his farm is doing great now...although organic farming is very difficult and has a lott of challenges..most people are not aware off...

and now i stop with this..its very close to my hart..and i am aware it is very derailing...of that madcircus in the Berry..
I love the derails, so do anytime you like. Anyone who doesn't can just scroll on by.

I'm sure Marie has been through a lot. But my goodness she looks like she has aged a good 10 years...
View attachment 1816418

How much stress and worry has she been under?!
Wow i have less wrinkles and I'm in my 50's!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Because they are running away from themselves and their empty lives.
They really are. They have no hobbies, no friends, no social get togethers with neighbours... no sports.. tennis, swimming etc... sewing & decorating are part of running a household. no regular jobs to get out of the dump... it's a boring existence. Don't even earn the money they spend... so no sense of satisfaction..

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We used to exchange gifts with my sister in law and her partner, one of my husband's cousins and his wife, and for some time their children.
Also a friend and her husband.
The latter couple began the gift giving and we felt obligated in return. (They like quirky. I hate quirky.)
Two years ago I told all three couples we no longer wanted to exchange gifts.
The family members were happy with this, the friends not so much.
In fact they stopped talking to us for a few months.

And . . . desperately making creating content.
We have stopped exchanging gifts with our family, we decided to use the money to have lovely meals out, or go do events when we are together. It's much better. I'm very lucky as I do still get the occasional gift from my sons when they feel I need something! Like a new phone etc (they earn heaps more than I do, so I don't feel guilty and I never ask for these things).
The last gift I got was a lovely moth orchid last week from my friend who was looking after my house when I was away for my surgery. It was a lovely surprise. She knows I love orchids and she also chose my fav colour.
Going to go out later today to buy myself a Christmas gift, I want a mould to make my own ice blocks for summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.