The Chateau Diaries #2 Double bubble toile and trouble

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And by the way, my favourite moment in the latest CATC episode is Stephanie’s mispronunciation of ‘facsimile’. So unexpected. So entertaining.
She also said regulated instead of relegated when reading a letter but I gave her a pass as she was reading fast.

Going off piste momentarily, is the private message feature disabled for everyone on this site or just for new members?

Reactions: 4
@Lululime had the most votes with this great title 😃

We just need a recap of the last thread for anyone new joining us and of course for us to relive the most cringeworthy moments 🤣

I’ve had a go at a recap, feel free to add anything else I might have forgotten - we covered a lot of ground in our inaugural thread!

It all started with.....

Our relief at finding a place where we can share our opinions, not welcome on the ‘super fan’ pages

Tomazgate kicked off and we got our first glimpse at the sheer madness of Queen Brenda, self appointed head of the super fans

We found common ground on our love of Steohanie’s style, approach to vlogs/videos and life in general

We’ve started to unravel the mysteries of Lalande - what really happened to the lake? Is Mummy in charge? Has Hanni become the new BFF? Is Selmar a secret sex god? Where does he go in the camper, maybe it’s not the ‘beach’?

We’ve enjoyed the continued renovations at the Chateau with the new windows, gardens and courtyard beginning it’s transformation

We cringed in harmony at Cadeaux at the Chateau - how many peacock themed items does one person need?

Queen Brenda showed up trying to re-brand herself as our favourite Irish Mammy. Who is she fooling with her poor attempt at vlogging?

Let the fun continue....
Glad I found the link to this new thread, didn't understand why they won't let it go on, there's over 50 pages now!

Reactions: 4
Billy and Gwendoline also seem dull. Really it is no wonder the TV show dropped them. None of them have any TV presence and it shows. It will be a matter of time before people stop watching!
[/QUOTE]
On the subject of dropping them, it seems strange that filming continued for months and months with them (apparently) before the decision was made to drop them. It surely should have been stopped or them helped to jolly it all up to avoid such a waste of everyone’s time and no doubt money? ?

Reactions: 13
Unsurprisingly Brenda is hitching her wagon to The Chateau Diaries. Just like Tomaz did 😂 Wanna bet those two have loads in common? Maybe thats why they didn’t like each. Brenda has clearly tried to be Donegal's Marie Berry and that didn’t work.
Interesting............. so do we think that Brenda's motives are not obsessively sycophantic after all, but in fact a self serving strategy to gain internet fame and attention?

I just assumed she had an empty life, an over-inflated sense of self importance and no boundaries.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think Michael was so blown away by the adoration of him via lalande, and then the incredible subs numbers on his channel when he launched, that I think he believes he just has the midas touch. He doesn't realise the real gold isn't his in the first place, it comes from real talent like Stephanie and is just reflected onto him. That's why it's all so dull when he's on his own. He's an excellent mirror when he's on form, and can be great fun, but he's a natural sidekick.
He still gets a lot more views then CD, which I don't get, but has less Patreon $, so I guess his ad revenue mustn't be bad at all. I've lost interest on Michael's vlogs, so boring! And his brother's channel is awfully dull!! I don't watch Ryan's either, I just don't like all these people opening channels trying to live off the success of friends. Freeloaders all of them, in my opinion. Why should people give them money to run their businesses, or achieve their dreams? We all work hard for that!

My understanding is that the money came from Gwendoline, a legacy or something similar
I believe it was she inherited the money when her mother passed.

Reactions: 10
I'm not sure about Brenda's motives yet, but she sure is the gift that keeps on giving. I can't wait to see what happens with the workshop. 😄

(That might not be the right smiley. I've no idea how to choose the one I want.)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Interesting............. so do we think that Brenda's motives are not obsessively sycophantic after all, but in fact a self serving strategy to gain internet fame and attention?

I just assumed she had an empty life, an over-inflated sense of self importance and no boundaries.
It's alarming that Mammy Brenda's vlog is billed as "episode 1" or something similar.

And Ryan, who seems to be everywhere, helped her with her first foray into vlogograohy? Free advice out of kindness?

Reactions: 7
I hate every vlog with Hanni in it. If she's in many more, I'm going to stop watching. I've found her behaviour odd in a yuch way.
I was shocked to note that Hanni managed to refrain from "Adult Toddler mode" in the raking segment and actually behaved like a grown woman for a change!

She also wasn't trying to wear Stephanie as a hat in this episode, so that was refreshing.

• Haha
I can’t believe that within the cast of CD that there isn’t at least one person who doesn’t think along the same lines as we do on this forum🤨. With the law of averages there has to be someone......I know who I’d put my money on🐱

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can’t believe that within the cast of CD that there isn’t at least one person who doesn’t think along the same lines as we do on this forum🤨. With the law of averages there has to be someone......I know who I’d put my money on🐱
I think Nick has been wary about the gifting and said that Stephanie shouldn't encourage it too much! I think he is generally skeptical of all the YouTube stuff which is why he doesn't show his face. It seems that he is more a voice of reason.

Reactions: 17
I think Nick has been wary about the gifting and said that Stephanie shouldn't encourage it too much! I think he is generally skeptical of all the YouTube stuff which is why he doesn't show his face. It seems that he is more a voice of reason.
Yeah, very skeptical, but I'm sure he doesn't mind the $20K + they're getting every month!

I am sure both Natti and Cat lurk-read and probably agree with some of the stuff said here, hahaha. Come on ladies, don't be shy - we'll be sure to keep your privacy if you become an insider source! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Found this here

"[...] My planned escape to the farmacy garden and apothecary shed is that dream in the making. I, like my fellow patron, Stephanie Jarvis of Chateau de Lalande in France and the Chateau Diaries fame, am looking for like-minded people to share in this dream with me, either virtually or literally, boots on the ground in the future when there is work to be done.[...]"

???

• Wow
Found this here

"[...] My planned escape to the farmacy garden and apothecary shed is that dream in the making. I, like my fellow patron, Stephanie Jarvis of Chateau de Lalande in France and the Chateau Diaries fame, am looking for like-minded people to share in this dream with me, either virtually or literally, boots on the ground in the future when there is work to be done.[...]"

???
This is bizarre. “I, like my fellow patron Stephanie Jarvis...” this doesn’t make much sense, are we to understand this that she is just like Stephanie and the same league as Stephanie!? Even though is complete stranger to her.

Creepy how people are using Stephanie to promote themselves.

Found this here

???
Another odd one hitching to the wagon. Forgive my cynicism, but “Holistic Wellness Practitioner”, from Canada? With a web site “mybodycanhealitself”. Spare me! Each to their own I guess, but Stephanie needs to be wary of the ever increasing passenger manifest.

C102DCF9-3A64-4580-B7E3-A5374E628820.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Another odd one hitching to the wagon. Forgive my cynicism, but “Holistic Wellness Practicioner”, from Canada? With a web site “mybodycanhealitself”. Spare me! Each to their own I guess, but Stephanie needs to be wary of the ever increasing passenger manifest.

View attachment 275778
I can’t knock her for woo woo approach to health, whatever works, you do you. Canada can be very hippy dippy 😂 Escape to the Chateau DIY is on CBC (Canada’s BBC) hence all the Canadian fans.

But using Stephanie to promote your business is not cool.
It’s not about admiring Stephanie but how they can use her because they envy her success (hello Brenda)

• Haha
Totally agree, Selmar, Marie and Michael and even lovely Dan are quite dull in their vlogs.. They just dont have Stephanie's charisma and vitality!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Billy and Gwendoline also seem dull. Really it is no wonder the TV show dropped them. None of them have any TV presence and it shows. It will be a matter of time before people stop watching!
On the subject of dropping them, it seems strange that filming continued for months and months with them (apparently) before the decision was made to drop them. It surely should have been stopped or them helped to jolly it all up to avoid such a waste of everyone’s time and no doubt money? ?
[/QUOTE]

Have to wonder if it was any Strawbridge retaliation. Michael was a volunteer there before they branched out to the ETTCDIY show. He was never given full credit for creating Angel’s garden wallpaper or really the Tower mural. In a older blog he touches on this. They did show him painting the golf cart.

As for the cost of being on ETTCDIY: they aren’t paid; don’t own any of the footage; time lines are accelerated for the filming which bumps up the overall costs but unlimited free advertising which is priceless.

Agree they come off a little too stiff and clearly aren’t novices but still so shady to drop them at the last possible moment.

Reactions: 8
I am so loving this thread as new to TL. This is such a perfect forum to share like minded observations and opinions. I agree how dull The Petherick's and Michael's vlogs are, lacking both content and energy. Certainly knocking down the partition wall was not a quality vlog in any shape or form and anyway why didn't he do that ages ago before he painted the front door...all seems a bit back to front to me. I just can't believe how Michael has so many subscribers.🤔 I adore Stephanie's channel and all it's characters. I also enjoy Dan and Annalise's Channel...they work hard and make progress which most subscribers want to see.
I never watch Cadeaux as always have felt the gift opening was cringeworthy when incorporated in their normal vlogs..so now it's a dedicated channel I avoid it. I'm still enjoying Ryan's channel and hope he continues to take us to pretty towns and places of interest again soon as he is naturally talented in story telling.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah, very skeptical, but I'm sure he doesn't mind the $20K + they're getting every month!
By the way, all the mystery surrounding Nick is ridiculous! I was able to find a picture of him with no effort whatsoever.
And also on SJ's blog, (not vlog) if you scroll down you see a few pictures of him in the old days.
Click here: The Chateau Blog "Our Story"

Nick Larkin.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18