The Chateau Diaries #2 Double bubble toile and trouble

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm happy to be wrong, but the words came out of her mouth. So regardless who had the sneaking into the wine storage then passing out problem, she brought it up a couple of weeks after the 300 comments on facebook about Tomaz' "afternoon siesta" habit. She had to know it would be assumed, which is subtly savage. Maybe that's her style. (And I promise not to beat this horse again lol)
Fair enough ! Perhaps I’ve got it all wrong 🤷‍♀️I’m very gullible , I’ve been told 😂

Reactions: 6
Just watched tonight's vlog.. The cheese guy is a perfect love interest for SJ... He's coming back!!!

Reactions: 5
I saw Dan and Annalieses vlog tonight and it annoyed me a bit that people were talking about Isabelle and Steph, and also about Michael Pethericks barn on the chat. It is not nice to them (Dan Annaliese)

Reactions: 4
Is dear Brenda caught up in (yet another) tangled ‘scandal’? Can we, perhaps with some help from June’s Journey, unravel the emerging Escape to Chateau Lalande toile affair?

I shared with you (my fellow detectives) dear Brenda’s promotion of a supposedly bespoke toile for Lalande, available in “panals” for cushions and the like. The FB comments were generally gushing and positive, as is usual when fairy godmother Brenda waves her wand over the “official” page comments for consumption by the superfans. One comment stood out though - a person who thought the ‘bespoke’ toile design perhaps looked a little like a standard design with the Lalande chateau and chapel superimposed into it. As soon as I saw this comment I knew I had to screenshot it. I thought dear Brenda may reply to it, putting all our fears to rest and assure the poster that no, she had not plagiarised the toile. I checked today (yes, I’ve got lots of other things I really should be doing but this is too much fun!). It appears to me that dear Brenda went further than not replying or even deleting the comment; I think she has deleted the whole post (at least, I can’t find it).

Further, she has used the allegedly counterfeit toile as the FB page banner. A recent comment here also questions the validity of the design . . .

Am I imagining this? Is this toile ‘fake news’? Can you and faithful June’s Journey subscribers unravel the crumpled toile? Have I just gone down a Lalande fandom Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole? Clues below.

1E26DA93-0F2B-432D-887B-0BE5CF0C0CB1.jpeg

1D07C4DB-18A4-4865-A572-92DF9FBC8E59.jpeg

E743597C-93F8-4B3B-9A9B-0466107078AD.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Haha great work @ChocLili 🧐, the drawing of the chateau is a darker blue than the rest so could definitely be photoshopped onto an existing design.

It's pretty obvious she latched onto the idea of the lady who did the original toile design which I thought was really good. Did Brenda get a sneak peek of it while she was at Lalande...I think SJ said they were giving out the bookmarks to guests.

Reactions: 8
Just watched tonight's vlog.. The cheese guy is a perfect love interest for SJ... He's coming back!!!
I loved that cheese guy! At one point he tells Stephanie that her English is really good, and I wondered, was he insulting her French? 🧐 She learned an awful lot about cheese in that episode, so her French must not be TOO terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Haha great work @ChocLili 🧐, the drawing of the chateau is a darker blue than the rest so could definitely be photoshopped onto an existing design.

It's pretty obvious she latched onto the idea of the lady who did the original toile design which I thought was really good. Did Brenda get a sneak peek of it while she was at Lalande...I think SJ said they were giving out the bookmarks to guests.
Yes I agree, the ‘real’ bespoke toile design was very good and thoughtful. Brenda’s - not so much!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Please somebody/anybody arrange our new thread. I can’t remember who obliged before but maybe they could do it again? The fun must go on!

Reactions: 4
@ChocLili They really should get a handle on their LaLande "brand" before Brenda starts selling merch. Yikes. Fan art is one thing. A podcast I listen to had to send out cease and desist letters because fan art evolved into merchandise from their images being sold on Etsy.

Reactions: 8