The Chateau Diaries #2 Double bubble toile and trouble

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Lululime had the most votes with this great title 😃

We just need a recap of the last thread for anyone new joining us and of course for us to relive the most cringeworthy moments 🤣

I’ve had a go at a recap, feel free to add anything else I might have forgotten - we covered a lot of ground in our inaugural thread!

It all started with.....

Our relief at finding a place where we can share our opinions, not welcome on the ‘super fan’ pages

Tomazgate kicked off and we got our first glimpse at the sheer madness of Queen Brenda, self appointed head of the super fans

We found common ground on our love of Steohanie’s style, approach to vlogs/videos and life in general

We’ve started to unravel the mysteries of Lalande - what really happened to the lake? Is Mummy in charge? Has Hanni become the new BFF? Is Selmar a secret sex god? Where does he go in the camper, maybe it’s not the ‘beach’?

We’ve enjoyed the continued renovations at the Chateau with the new windows, gardens and courtyard beginning it’s transformation

We cringed in harmony at Cadeaux at the Chateau - how many peacock themed items does one person need?

Queen Brenda showed up trying to re-brand herself as our favourite Irish Mammy. Who is she fooling with her poor attempt at vlogging?

Let the fun continue....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm loving the new courtyard, I was wondering when SJ was gonna tackle the grounds...I've really enjoyed the CD during lockdown but now I'm getting 'cult' vibes. Agree with previous threads talking about the Pethericks- wow what a bunch they are, apart from Gwen who is lovely. One thing I don't get is why didnt Michael just convert a wing into his own apartment instead of tackling that grotty little cottage?

Reactions: 13
@Lululime had the most votes with this great title 😃

We just need a recap of the last thread for anyone new joining us and of course for us to relive the most cringeworthy moments 🤣

I’ve had a go at a recap, feel free to add anything else I might have forgotten - we covered a lot of ground in our inaugural thread!

It all started with.....

Our relief at finding a place where we can share our opinions, not welcome on the ‘super fan’ pages

Tomazgate kicked off and we got our first glimpse at the sheer madness of Queen Brenda, self appointed head of the super fans

We found common ground on our love of Steohanie’s style, approach to vlogs/videos and life in general

We’ve started to unravel the mysteries of Lalande - what really happened to the lake? Is Mummy in charge? Has Hanni become the new BFF? Is Selmar a secret sex god? Where does he go in the camper, maybe it’s not the ‘beach’?

We’ve enjoyed the continued renovations at the Chateau with the new windows, gardens and courtyard beginning it’s transformation

We cringed in harmony at Cadeaux at the Chateau - how many peacock themed items does one person need?

Queen Brenda showed up trying to re-brand herself as our favourite Irish Mammy. Who is she fooling with her poor attempt at vlogging?

Let the fun continue....
Don’t forget the Trotters dealings & their hostage the beautiful & sad Lady Gwendoline. Michaels lack of DIY & who is Ryan really? (Who reminds me so much of the car salesman in only fools & horses, it’s the voice) I’m sure he tries to sound like them🤣 apparently he is a web designer with no internet footprint? the list is endless!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm loving the new courtyard, I was wondering when SJ was gonna tackle the grounds...I've really enjoyed the CD during lockdown but now I'm getting 'cult' vibes. Agree with previous threads talking about the Pethericks- wow what a bunch they are, apart from Gwen who is lovely. One thing I don't get is why didnt Michael just convert a wing into his own apartment instead of tackling that grotty little cottage?
And I find it selfish of him to let his father do the work for his (Michaels) cottage. Michael is having a beautiful room in the Château but did you see the state of his parents cottage ? Plaster crumbling from the walls, tools and other stuff kept in there.....

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I must have missed seeing the parents cottage on a vlog but I can just imagine what its like. They all come across as a bunch of wheelers and dealers. I recently was chatting to a friend about starting a campaign to 'Free Melania' but now I'm considering adding Gwen to the list as well

• Haha
Reactions: 16
@Julkie you've summed us up beautifully! And it's a good job we've got a whole new thread as there will be lots more hot topics from the Chateau to discuss thanks to the weird and wonderful people who orbit around the gorgeous Stephanie!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Like a lot of us I only started watching during lockdown. I've been binge watching all the old episodes and am wondering who David is ? He was around the chateau rather a lot last year and even had his daughters with him at Easter 2019.

Reactions: 12
I enjoyed last nights CD - work being done on the chateau, everyone mucking in. Particularly liked Cats comment about Stephanie wearing white trousers working with mud.
(Thanks for setting up this second series)

Christ alive, that Trotter vlog. Just watched a few minutes of them droning on about fittings. Does Michael not realise when he's editing it just how boring the presentation is, even if the subject matter is of interest.

I think Michael was so blown away by the adoration of him via lalande, and then the incredible subs numbers on his channel when he launched, that I think he believes he just has the midas touch. He doesn't realise the real gold isn't his in the first place, it comes from real talent like Stephanie and is just reflected onto him. That's why it's all so dull when he's on his own. He's an excellent mirror when he's on form, and can be great fun, but he's a natural sidekick.

Reactions: 25
Most people come across well when they're in Stephanie's company as she has such great charisma and energy and makes everything fun. But once Stephanie is removed from the equation, everyone seems a little dull in their own vlogs. She has always reminded me of the babycham deer in this very old advert as she lights everywhere up!

Reactions: 22
Like a lot of us I only started watching during lockdown. I've been binge watching all the old episodes and am wondering who David is ? He was around the chateau rather a lot last year and even had his daughters with him at Easter 2019.
I've asked about David's whereabouts before as well - he was such a constant presence in 2019 and now, nothing. Maybe he doesn't want to/can't travel because of covid, who knows?

Reactions: 8
Don’t forget the Trotters dealings & their hostage the beautiful & sad Lady Gwendoline. Michaels lack of DIY & who is Ryan really? (Who reminds me so much of the car salesman in only fools & horses, it’s the voice) I’m sure he tries to sound like them🤣 apparently he is a web designer with no internet footprint? the list is endless!!!
Someone in the comments asked why do the Pethericks buy everything in UK and then, have problems of pipes size or cables etc that have to be adjusted to the French standard.
It's as if they never left Basmaignee only to go straight to UK.
Even their cars are registered in UK and not in France - which shouldn't be the case.

Someone in the comments asked why do the Pethericks buy everything in UK and then, have problems of pipes size or cables etc that have to be adjusted to the French standard.
It's as if they never left Basmaignee only to go straight to UK.
Even their cars are registered in UK and not in France - which shouldn't be the case.
another mystery, his dad mentioned about buying from the UK in the last video? Nothing about them adds up 🧐 Basically they have a little Britain going on in a beautiful French Chateau. It’s like they won the lottery & ran away to France? Do any of them speak French? How long have they all been there? Michael & Billies sister lives there too & his niece? .................... (he mentioned that they have another brother too in a Q&A he did with Stephanie (the one where his niece is staring at the camera I think)

I've asked about David's whereabouts before as well - he was such a constant presence in 2019 and now, nothing. Maybe he doesn't want to/can't travel because of covid, who knows?
Hi just found a website Stephanie linked for davids buns @fortunesmiling it’s on Instagram.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if the various Pethericks bought into the Chateau, if not they're on thin ice if Billy and Gwendoline split up and need to sell as part of the divorce (not that I wish that on anyone). When Michael first started his gofundme there were a few comments asking whether he'd been given any legal rights over the property, or even just an agreement that he would get his €15k back in the event of a sale. I doubt they would have legally gifted him the area of the cottage as carving up the estate would make it a nightmare to sell in future.

Reactions: 13
Yes on the TV show they said the money was inherited from Gwendoline's mum, I was just wondering whether the rest of the family had bought into it since then as they've all moved in to various properties on the estate. I would just be cautious at the parents' age to live in and renovate a property I had no legal entitlement to.

Micheal Petherick is incredibly dull in his own videos - he lacks the charisma that he shows in Stephanie's videos. Stephanie really does bring out the best in the people around her. She really hyped him up in her old videos, making him seem incredibly multi-talented and interesting. But I think it only works when Stephanie is there to prompt him to do/say things.

Billy and Gwendoline also seem dull. Really it is no wonder the TV show dropped them. None of them have any TV presence and it shows. It will be a matter of time before people stop watching!