Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Julkie

@Lululime had the most votes with this great title 😃

We just need a recap of the last thread for anyone new joining us and of course for us to relive the most cringeworthy moments 🤣

I’ve had a go at a recap, feel free to add anything else I might have forgotten - we covered a lot of ground in our inaugural thread!

It all started with.....

Our relief at finding a place where we can share our opinions, not welcome on the ‘super fan’ pages

Tomazgate kicked off and we got our first glimpse at the sheer madness of Queen Brenda, self appointed head of the super fans

We found common ground on our love of Steohanie’s style, approach to vlogs/videos and life in general

We’ve started to unravel the mysteries of Lalande - what really happened to the lake? Is Mummy in charge? Has Hanni become the new BFF? Is Selmar a secret sex god? Where does he go in the camper, maybe it’s not the ‘beach’?

We’ve enjoyed the continued renovations at the Chateau with the new windows, gardens and courtyard beginning it’s transformation

We cringed in harmony at Cadeaux at the Chateau - how many peacock themed items does one person need?

Queen Brenda showed up trying to re-brand herself as our favourite Irish Mammy. Who is she fooling with her poor attempt at vlogging?

Let the fun continue....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

ChocLili

Christ on a cracker whatever is that woman rambling on about.

And where is Hanni?
Where is Hanni? Have Michael & Ruth kicked her out of their apartment? Is she hiding behind a large cushion somewhere, out of sight out of mind? Is she stuck on the chateau roof clutching the new satellite dish? Was she inadvertently left behind at the brocante? Is she trapped inside the cocktail cabinet? Have the local authorities taken her away for impersonating a lawyer? Has Phillipe locked another door with Hanni on the other side? Is it her turn to cook?

• Haha
Reactions: 29

ChocLili

Will be interesting to see what our friend Brenda will do at the end of this month. France or not France ?
The Irish government has just declared that Donegal is at level 4 for Covid restrictions (the rest of the country is level 3). This means no travel to another county except for essential work etc.
Tonight the French government has announced that France is in a state of emergency again. Curfews, no gatherings etc.
Suspens... 😅
Breaking News

Christmas workshops at a remote chateau in France will continue as planned after an extraordinary intervention from Irish Taoiseach Martin and French President Macron.

Brenda Gibbons of Ireland, self-styled deputy chatelaine, social media sensation and flat-cap exporter welcomed the news. “This pesky virus is playing havoc with my Patreon ambitions but I’m glad the social importance of tinsel, mince pies and cardboard angels in rural France has been recognised”.

Martin and Macron released a joint statement admitting that they had never heard of Ms Gibbons but an exemption for her travel is a small price to pay rather than face the wrath of Chateau Diaries superfans.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

chillijam

I think Michael was so blown away by the adoration of him via lalande, and then the incredible subs numbers on his channel when he launched, that I think he believes he just has the midas touch. He doesn't realise the real gold isn't his in the first place, it comes from real talent like Stephanie and is just reflected onto him. That's why it's all so dull when he's on his own. He's an excellent mirror when he's on form, and can be great fun, but he's a natural sidekick.

Reactions: 25

ChocLili

Chateau de Lalande Official Patron Announcement. We are thrilled to be in a position to be able to send every patron a very special Christmas gift this year. Keep a keen eye on your letter box to find out if you’re the lucky recipient of a pair of gardening gloves, a sun hat, a set of Spode cake forks, a unique piece of peacock jewellery, a packet of seeds or a scarf.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Minxxx

I agree with the comments about the furniture. The chateau is becoming eclectic, but not in a good way. Stephanie goes wild in those brocantes and picks up anything that is cheap and looks old. She needs to work with someone who has some design qualifications, or she needs to make clear vision boards for each room and only purchase things that fit the style.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Raspberrybrulee

Most people come across well when they're in Stephanie's company as she has such great charisma and energy and makes everything fun. But once Stephanie is removed from the equation, everyone seems a little dull in their own vlogs. She has always reminded me of the babycham deer in this very old advert as she lights everywhere up!

Reactions: 22

Raspberrybrulee

Philip split from his boy band
so he tried his luck at La Lande
with his long curly hair
he upholstered a chair
but on tattle.life he got panned!

• Haha
  • Heart

Raspberrybrulee

I hated the coffee table for Mummy's apartment too - it was really awful.

I also noticed that Annalise overuses the word literally however I do feel for her as Dan isn't the chattiest so she has to work really hard to keep up a commentary on what he's doing otherwise there'd just be silence. They should definitely include the boys a bit more as they steal the show whenever they're on.

Ok here's my attempt at a limerick:-

There was a woman called Brenda
Of numerous gifts, she was sender
She sent so many flat caps
that the Shat-o collapsed
and they had to call for a mender!

• Haha
  • Heart

bibisilver

I meant they might loose subscribers if they continue like this. Only B Roll of the château won't be enough content to last. It is nice to see a normal realistic day once in a while but I miss detailed information about history, art, architecture etc on the château. I was disappointed of Michaels video of the Chapel for example, he basically did no proper research to show the Chapel in all its beauty.
The thing with YouTube as far as I understand, is not only the amount of subscribers, but a combination of views, comments, interaction, etc.
Many channels seem to have lots of subscribers that just forgot to unsubscribe when they lost interest, but very little views and ad revenue etc.
This is a great place to look at youtubers stats, and get an idea of how much $ they make on their channels. Just enter the channel's name as I did for The CD
Social Blade

It was absolutely desperate. Painfully dull. Made watching paint dry positively energising. The only redeeming factor was Michael being so peeved at his brother encroaching on MP's territory and showing content destined for the Boy Trotter's own channel. Filial industrial espionage? The light switches, apparently chosen because of the satisfactory click they make when turned on or off (as good/bonkers a reason as any, I suppose) cost £26 bought singly less 10% if one buys more than 3. When the coffers are apparently running nearly on empty, seems an extravagant indulgence. Much like everything else in that tiny cottage. A nautical theme for the lights is beyond my imagination. Doesn't sound awfully Beatrix Potter.

The virtual begging bowls are rattling in every corner of Trotter Towers.
Goodness, I can't even finish any of their videos, they're so depressing!
And that poor Gwen, her husband's family has taken over everything, and act as Lords of the Castle!

I've said it 1000 times, I CANNOT deal with these people living in French chateaux asking for money to fulfill their dreams, I just CAN'T, it makes me crazy!!!!!:mad::mad:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Raspberrybrulee

Could you imagine having Brenda as your official spokesperson?

Next thing she'll be setting up her own PR company "Loose Cannon Communications".......

• Haha
  • Heart

PeacockQueen

Our Lady of the Lake's hair is fabulous, infinitely better than the yellow straw atrocity a la Monsieur Trottski - proving him to be a Jacques of all trades and Master of none.

As with most of his "talents" its all sizzle and no sausage.

Which is unfortunate as I think he is secretly a big fan of sausage.

• Haha
I’m hoping that with winter and lockdown, filming style will go back to previous winters. Fewer people and more done in and around shat-o (I hope I never have to write shat-o in an official document ever-worried I‘ll type this version without thinking!🤓). I hate the forced content churned out for the sake of a video. Looking back on videos, pre Covid, they seemed simpler yet far more interesting. To me now it’s more of a staged performance most of the time.
Also to all those in lock down/going into lockdown/lockdown imminent- lets keep each other going 👍

Reactions: 20

bibisilver

I'm new around here, but lately, why am I getting this uneasy feeling when I want to post something, thinking that it may make someone uncomfortable?

I found this place refreshing and different from the fans' facebook or youtube comments section, in that one could freely express thoughts and points of view, without being censored or called upon for being "inappropriate" etc.

I hope this place doesn't change and becomes another fan page where you can only adore and idolize all things Lalande... please!! :cautious:

• Heart

Raspberrybrulee

I also think Ruth is a bit shy and not as comfortable in front of the camera as some of the others. I know she plugged her book happily but there are some circumstances where you feel more confident than others and just by agreeing to be filmed on one occasion doesn't mean that you always want to be filmed.

@Calvignac I'm another one who doesn't want you to go as I love your contributions. There will always be disagreements on forums like this but hopefully we can keep things light-hearted and fun, and if we disagree with each other we shouldn't take it to heart.

It's difficult getting the balance right sometimes. I feel uncomfortable when there's gratuitous nastiness about people and prefer it when it's more jokey and funny or when odd behaviour is called out. We are never going to please everyone but generally this is a really amusing forum with lots of interesting viewpoints.

So to celebrate this forum I have composed a limerick especially:-

Petty Ice Queen started this thread on La Lande
but it sometimes gets out of hand
let's hope Calvignac's back
for more snarking and craic
about Philip and his boy band!

• Haha
  • Heart

Raspberrybrulee

We can't have Brenda removing our members from her facebook page - who is going to spy for us now? @Calvignac you're in Ireland aren't you? There's only one thing for it - you need to pop up to Donegal tonight and confront Brenda.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Calvignac

1. I haven't seen all the vlogs, but I remember her saying that 590k was absolutely their top offer and that was all they got. Next year Nic found some more? :unsure:

2. Like others already explained, Tack room is Michael's attic apartment next to the gardeners cottage.
1. Nic has been working in a very well paid job for years. He paid for the renovations at the beginning. I didn't say he paid for everything.
Since we are at it, Stephanie's parents didn't have a share in the chateau just because they help paying for the renovations. It doesn't work that way.

2. Yes, I understand now that the tack room is in the attic.

PS Don't believe absolutely everything Stephanie can say in her vlogs. Especially about money and legal stuff. She might be good at art or decoration (well...for a certain taste at least) but not that good for real life.

And that's it for the day. 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19