The Chateau Diaries #199 We 3 queens of La-la-lande are, There would be a 4th but he can't drive a car.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fanny could have filmed Pavlina and what's his chops on how to actually make garlands and various decorations, which actually would have been more enjoyable, than decorating the shed in a more tasteful fashion than anywhere else in the Shitto. The content and the music are now so poor we are even struggling to be arsed anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Fanny could have filmed Pavlina and what's his chops on how to actually make garlands and various decorations, which actually would have been more enjoyable, than decorating the shed in a more tasteful fashion than anywhere else in the Shitto. The content and the music are now so poor we are even struggling to be arsed anymore.
I agree, I thought the same, would love to see how it was put together... seems if it doesn't involve her or him, she's not interested..

Reactions: 14
Apologies in advance, as this is defo a de-rail and rant all rolled into one! But, certainly a change from Chateau Advent vlogs and marzipan etc, no matter what. 😀
Listened to Martin Lewis' podcast this morning (UK members only might recognise that name), and it raised some questions with me regarding my personal tax/NI contributions and resultant UK gov pension expectations.
Thereafter, I spent approx 2 hours attempting to clarify my personal situation in those areas in order to finally understand what I might ultimately expect in UK Gov pension payments next year.
FFS, it is an absolute minefield (I do actually have a Financial Advisor but they cannot speak to HMRC on my behalf), so it is down to me to do so, and calculations/figures appear to constantly change whenever I have called up Gov.UK in the past couple of years too!
First guy, extremely helpful - after being on hold for 45 mins - especially with removing past cache elements on my computer so that I was then able to finally, successfully register online - always been an issue in the past. Now sorted. 😀
He gave me individual telephone numbers for contacting Tax/NI departments - ok - thank you!
Then, waited at least another 45 mins only to be ultimately told that their system was down - no mention of that made during my wait, of course not! :(
Just so frustrating! AND, I am still none the wiser either, so, another telephone call, on another day and being held in the waiting system, is required too! :mad: Is this the same experience for Tattlers in other countries?

My point being, if it is this hard to just work out one individual's tax/NI/pension situation (even with independent financial advice), and, who have been totally upfront/transparent throughout her entire 46 years of working - how the hell does Stephanie Jarvis actually sleep at night accepting the kind of mess she has created for herself? :confused::(

• Sad
  • Heart
Sorry to derail you, but I didn't think pregnancy cravings were a real thing! Tonight she asked for Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate.
Did any of the Yenta moms ever get strange and strong food cravings when you were expecting?

View attachment 1788397

Speaking of "expecting," I wasn't expecting this....Nicolas de Pompadour!
...from days back yonder before his one rich patron found a younger replacement twink.

View attachment 1788399
Congratulations btw. Ice cream was a.craving. and my son now loves milkshakes

Reactions: 14
I agree, I thought the same, would love to see how it was put together... seems if it doesn't involve her or him, she's not interested..
Tricky though when she does literally nothing isn't it. She purports to love Christmas, I love Christmas and that means I love gathering foliage making garlands, wreaths, decorating the tree. I also relish planning all the food and the drink for guests, making a Christmas pudding hosting parties and all that goes with it. Flowers for the table on Christmas Day, table linen, candles, crackers etc. I love ranunculus and Anemones and also planting up hyacinths and paper whites for scent and colour around the house.Christmas means putting the effort in and being thoughtful. I guarantee she will still be wrapping tit grifted gifts on Christmas Eve

• Heart
I was even more confused as to why Pavlina wasn't recently (who knows when in actual fact), working alongside Davy and Kirsty with the planting, simply because - isn't she employed as a gardener at the HMN? I just don't get it! :unsure:

Reactions: 11
Memo #107 - To LaLande Current Residents - From - Staph
Today, we’re going to walk through LieLande - everyone dressed in spike heels. We’ll hold hands, wear greenery in our hair w/ribbons or upholstery trim (you are responsible to get to the wardrobe in NARNIA and pull your favorite trims etc.). Look through your clothes, Phi Phi will run you to Emmaus if you can’t find anything, try to stick w/green, red colors. I will not share any of my wardrobe. I’m wearing a Villoti gown, and I will lead the parade through the Chateau. We’ll each sing a few lines of Hark The Herald Angels Sing so please try to memorize your part. We’ll end in front of the chapel. I’m sleeping in today because I’m exhausted.Please leave breakfast outside my door in a secure box because I believe we have mice roaming. We meet at 3 p.m. Natti, please double check that hallways are clear of rubble.
P.S. ANYTHING you do not return to narnia, will be charged for and deducted from your food allowance..

• Haha
  • Heart
Thanks for uploading those vlogs as a reminder, appreciate it.
Nothing personal of course, but, I am more than happy to watch Amy and Marc's vlogs via YT (which I do), so that they gain the resultant ad revenue, simply because they work so extremely hard and, therefore deserve every £/E/$.
Now, CD (or whatever they are calling themselves these days) - certainly don't! All their vlogs defo need to be uploaded here, without a shadow of a doubt! ;)
I thought if we clicked on them here that it would still count on YouTube. Have I been wrong all this time😟

Apologies in advance, as this is defo a de-rail and rant all rolled into one! But, certainly a change from Chateau Advent vlogs and marzipan etc, no matter what. 😀
Listened to Martin Lewis' podcast this morning (UK members only might recognise that name), and it raised some questions with me regarding my personal tax/NI contributions and resultant UK gov pension expectations.
Thereafter, I spent approx 2 hours attempting to clarify my personal situation in those areas in order to finally understand what I might ultimately expect in UK Gov pension payments next year.
FFS, it is an absolute minefield (I do actually have a Financial Advisor but they cannot speak to HMRC on my behalf), so it is down to me to do so, and calculations/figures appear to constantly change whenever I have called up Gov.UK in the past couple of years too!
First guy, extremely helpful - after being on hold for 45 mins - especially with removing past cache elements on my computer so that I was then able to finally, successfully register online - always been an issue in the past. Now sorted. 😀
He gave me individual telephone numbers for contacting Tax/NI departments - ok - thank you!
Then, waited at least another 45 mins only to be ultimately told that their system was down - no mention of that made during my wait, of course not! :(
Just so frustrating! AND, I am still none the wiser either, so, another telephone call, on another day and being held in the waiting system, is required too! :mad: Is this the same experience for Tattlers in other countries?

My point being, if it is this hard to just work out one individual's tax/NI/pension situation (even with independent financial advice), and, who have been totally upfront/transparent throughout her entire 46 years of working - how the hell does Stephanie Jarvis actually sleep at night accepting the kind of mess she has created for herself? :confused::(
Is that the podcast where he I said that you only have until April next year to top up your state pension. I am short by 7 years on mine but was hoping I’d have longer to top it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry to derail you, but I didn't think pregnancy cravings were a real thing! Tonight she asked for Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate.
Did any of the Yenta moms ever get strange and strong food cravings when you were expecting?

View attachment 1788397

Speaking of "expecting," I wasn't expecting this....Nicolas de Pompadour!
...from days back yonder before his one rich patron found a younger replacement twink.

View attachment 1788399
I don't think it was a craving, but I did use pregnancy as an excuse for a Dairy Queen peanut butter parfait every night... gained 70lb! Did lose it all though before I had to go back to work thank goodness, or I'd have been wearing maternity wear again!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Pavlina showed this on her instagram post this morning. I first thought it was sarcasm but where Fanny is involved it could be a warning.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Pavlova has now posted pictures of her floral decorations around the walled garden. So not only has the ramshackle greenhouse been tarted up there are also displays outside. There must be something very weird going on inside the shittoo for it not to be used for displaying her efforts or new flues Fanny not using it in the advent vlogs. But whatever is happening it’s not stopping lots of different people staying over and sleeping there. Doesn’t make sense it’s either structurally unsafe so no one should be in there or it’s not as bad as new flues Fanny is making out.
Edited to add have just seen everyone else’s post about the display.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Pavlova has now posted pictures of her floral decorations around the walled garden. So not only has the ramshackle greenhouse been tarted up there are also displays outside. There must be something very weird going on inside the shittoo for it not to be used for displaying her efforts or new flues Fanny not using it in the advent vlogs. But whatever is happening it’s not stopping lots of different people staying over and sleeping there. Doesn’t make sense it’s either structurally unsafe so no one should be in there or it’s not as bad as new flues Fanny is making out.
Edited to add have just seen everyone else’s post about the display.
I'm just wondering if there are acro jacks all over the place now holding up the floor in the 'Large Room' and possibly elsewhere? Is this why we're getting no further than the Kitchen, the Chinese Opium Den Room and the Hallway? Kirsty, just cut you're losses and leave this sinking, unloved hovel.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1788988
Sharman Handling
9 hours ago
Who was the sullen stranger at table at end of video..he did not look a bit happy to be there!

i-tüpfelchen,das
12 hours ago
I don't know but these vlogs feel forced. It's not like the years before...
Advent 2021 was a completely forced misadventure - the whole damn thing. Least we forget last year celebrating Day 2 of Advent with Oli & Catalonian Poo. And who can forget High Tea Massacre on Day 6 with sandwiches that were large enough to choke a horse. Ofcourse there was Little Red Riding Hood in the Mist-letoe on Day 15 and the Titanic Cocktail Party on Day 19 where all the guests appeared to suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

At least this year there are fewer appearances by Squirrelboy and the new resident gay elf appears to have more talent, design ideas and personality in his baby finger than Squirrelboy has in his entire skanky body.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
As we approach thread 200, I recall that for thread 100, a vote was arranged, mainly through the well-documented efficiency and brain power of @Jeeves, to name that thread from previous unused suggestions.

Well, in a shameless piece of self-promotion, I nominate one of my posts since then:

"At Lalande, there's no accounting for taste, and no taste for accounting."

Anyone else got any blasts from the past/oldies but goodies to suggest for thread 200? Or maybe something seasonal?

We probably have about 24 hours to come up with a good title. It will give us a taste of the pressure her lazyship feels to come up with a vlog idea against the clock 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.