The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact he only said the Floor Scrubber’s name and never said the Gay Twink’s name speaks volumes. Love it love it love it!!!!!!!
EDBAA8E7-7910-444D-914D-DE6FA6F2BE9F.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
There’s enough of an age difference between me and my sibling that I was aware of Santa’s true identity years before my brother. Of course I was easily sworn to secrecy for those few more years as that meant extra haul for me!😝 Mom did insist on continuing the stockings for the rest of her life. She’d shop throughout the year for the exactly right little gifts that were her signature special touch. My parents never had stockings though so after the first year Santa had moved on from our house I made a pair for the ‘rents and my baby brother and I returned the favor. We continued to do as mom and hunt for special trinkets for theirs until they passed away 20 years ago. To this day we still hang their stockings with a favorite photograph sticking out the top.
I remember when my younger sister came home ( 4 years younger ) from a friends crying that her life was ruined, completely ruined! Apparently, her friend told her Santa was not real. 😂🎅🏻

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
It figures… the Gay Twink was nowhere in sight. There’s only room for one gay guy in the Floor Scrubber’s arms - cher Michel.
3B4BDFAC-BC06-42D9-9420-A70AE0455770.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
So interesting, all the different Christmas cake recipes and preferences.
This apparently is the classic, or one of the classic, British or English ones, per Jane Grigson's English Food, good enough to be used by the blogger professionally.
These are 2 very traditional Christmas cakes. The first by Mary Berry

then Delia Smith

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I always wondered if one of the reasons Michael had stayed away from the Shito was Phillip. Of course, he has multiple other excuses to not be there but, now he says he'll be back so???? Didn't see hide nor HAIR of philleep in The Petherick's latest vlog. Perhaps that is good news for the holidays. Michael is coming back and Philip is gone. A Holiday miracle!!!
I remember when Pheeph started getting cozy we all speculated on duels between the two of them....

• Haha
Reactions: 17
These are 2 very traditional Christmas cakes. The first by Mary Berry

then Delia Smith
Love Delia! Have you tried her Creole cake?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Shred and The Sewer were desperate for content yet again as they still have no renovations, not even a can of paint in sight. I’m so bored with them lately, I’d settle for another pillow making vlog.

4309787B-68DE-402B-86EE-5A274690D446.png

New thread Ruth’s suggestion …

“Like One of Fill-Up’s STDs, Pavlina and Alexander Get Passed Around”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Alexander is very vunerable.Lalande is the last place he needs unless....he befriends squirrel. Whilst....at Billys they look out for him keep him fed and busy and valued.
His world in Austria will be competitive. How he met Billy will remain an unknown. Hes been asked about it but in true Petherick brush off . No real reason given.
Billy along with all the clan look out for themselves as a priority. They are chancers and opportunists. As in Im alright jack...when the tough gets going its survival of fittest
Look at Sadies vlog making curtains, that is the first time Alexander appears, she states that Alexander the previous year was a paying guest at the Chateau, and he has now come back as a volunteer to do red curtains, he has come and gone many times and is now called a family friend.

Billy has been terse with him in the past about time keeping and once said you are here to help me not Micheal. This when Billy was being tough on Micheal. He has always had his stuff stored at the Chateau he permanently has clothes and equipment there when he isn't. One vlog with Ryan, Philip Billy and MIcheal moving a package he had delivered on a pallet that was heavy and was his shoes or something.

He has been very quiet this trip and not as prominent as before, I have to keep telling myself to stop my mothering instincts and let it go!!!!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I always wondered if one of the reasons Michael had stayed away from the Shito was Phillip. Of course, he has multiple other excuses to not be there but, now he says he'll be back so???? Didn't see hide nor HAIR of philleep in The Petherick's latest vlog. Perhaps that is good news for the holidays. Michael is coming back and Philip is gone. A Holiday miracle!!!
Philip sucks- of course Michael ( and all of her adult friends) avoid him! Steph is finally accepting that she had a two year lapse in judgement ( and the numbers have always shown it) and it’s chilling that she could be stuck with a feeble musical theatre gay lodger with no life skills into her autumn years. He doesn’t even clean stuff or fix anything. He is a 26 year old infant who carries his own diaper bag. I surmise his parents are relieved that she took over parenting him. How exhausting.

View attachment 1770393

What is the thing I've circled in red? Any ideas?
Jensson Extractor?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Philip sucks- of course Michael ( and all of her adult friends) avoid him! Steph is finally accepting that she had a two year lapse in judgement ( and the numbers have always shown it) and it’s chilling that she could be stuck with a feeble musical theatre gay lodger with no life skills into her autumn years. He doesn’t even clean stuff or fix anything. He is a 26 year old infant who carries his own diaper bag. I surmise his parents are relieved that she took over parenting him. How exhausting.
Although their reunion was brief, this was the first time in forever I have seen Fanny actually show real emotion as she continuously hugged MP goodbye as if she did not want to let him go. I think she legitimately misses him, and Snorts' absence spoke volumes. It'll be interesting the see the dynamic with Alexander at the Shitoo, as Fanny is going to love bomb him, and Snorts is going to feel neglected...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
@M&MsMom I have wondered the same thing about Carlo too ! Maybe youtube ad revenue etc is enough to keep them both ? He does seem to help his neighbours a lot, for instance harvesting olives, and he has cleared quite a long footpath on the mountainside recently too. Nicki mentioned the other day that he likes to be the one answering all of the comments on their channel . Paid work has not been mentioned has it ?
Don't think they pay rent either, she explained the property was his fathers.. they trade most of their food... she must make a good deal on YT.. She had said her daughter got a free ride or bursaries or something going to England for her higher education... They seem to know all the angles..

The way she plays with timelines, I wonder if that was the issue the other night at dinner... they said 6 people for dinner but we only saw 5, was that 6th Alexander? Phillis was definitely 'off' that night... A new gay in the village?

Reactions: 18
I found that cold comment quite interesting as well. I think Alexander is in for a serious shock! I did notice in one shot of the kitchen you can see the radiator on the wall. I thought Amaury removed all of them and shut the system off over leaks?
But I don't think anyone is living in the chateau now... Billy et al are in the other house, Michael has the cottage, everyone else is at the convent no? Where is Mo and Sadie living?

Reactions: 6

Jensson Extractor?
I believe Fanny put up a wall between herself and Michael because of the poor pitiful me vlogs and the rent boy revelation. And PhiPhi took advantage and reinforced his presence. Now Fanny realizes her mistake and as much as she can care for someone else, she’ll take advantage of Michael once again. I only hope it doesn’t destroy him.

Reactions: 19
Although their reunion was brief, this was the first time in forever I have seen Fanny actually show real emotion as she continuously hugged MP goodbye as if she did not want to let him go. I think she legitimately misses him, and Snorts' absence spoke volumes. It'll be interesting the see the dynamic with Alexander at the Shitoo, as Fanny is going to love bomb him, and Snorts is going to feel neglected...
I might just be tempted to watch her vlogs again, interesting times could be ahead with the boychild and Alexander. I cannot imagine how he will survive at Lie-lande. I wonder what her game plan is....

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.