The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't think they pay rent either, she explained the property was his fathers.. they trade most of their food... she must make a good deal on YT.. She had said her daughter got a free ride or bursaries or something going to England for her higher education... They seem to know all the angles..
The land and property were Carlo's father's- Carlo and his brother helped their father build it, and it sat for a bit being unused. Carlo and Nicki, along with friends and family, rebuilt the house to make it liveable (hence, why the footprint is not very large.) Nicki does work as a make-up artist, and helps out Elizabeth on occasion and Carlo, now that he's retired from the cemetery, helps his neighbours and family with harvesting food and odd jobs as needed. They do make some money from YouTube ad sense, and have a much smaller Patreon than the Chateau-dwellers (if you buy Nicki a Coffee or Pizza, it is more than likely actually buying that!) They aren't big spenders or very extravagant- while they do go out to eat (which is more or less for the vlogs), they eat mostly what they or a neighbour grows in their garden. Nicki finally bought a new camera, which was nothing spectacular, but still sent off her old one for the 100th time for repair. They own an actual car, which is nothing spectacular, but mostly get round by scooter or on foot. No fancy holidays- they do things locally. When Nicki goes off the the UK, she stays with her dad- and flies the cheapest airlines to get there. The one thing she does not go skint on is skincare or cosmetics- I can't fault her for that at all, as she is a make-up artist, and in her 40s.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We’ve seen him run in heels.
We’ve seen him shop.
We’ve seen him teach us how to place aluminum foil at the base of candles to keep them standing straight.
We’ve seen his stuffed hedgehog collection.
We’ve seen him tastelessly set a table.
We’ve seen his half ass junk shop.
We’ve seen him pout.
We’ve seen him pretend to cook.
We’ve seen his red pillow.
We’ve seen him try to patch his balding spots.
We’ve seen enough.
Phillip Goes In 2023.
Getting a head start on New Year’s Eve wish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I might just be tempted to watch her vlogs again, interesting times could be ahead with the boychild and Alexander. I cannot imagine how he will survive at Lie-lande. I wonder what her game plan is....
I wonder what Fanny's end game is as well. Crikey, this is going to turn into a tele-novella! Snorts is going to piss all over the already vile carpets to claim his territory like a feral cat!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Stephainie dumped Micheal when he wasn't the flavour of the utube community and Tattle. Most likely thought he would be bad for the LLL Lalalande growth to be involved. Also may have benn some behind the scences between friends we will never know.

Well has it affected his number of subscriptions NO
His abscence has it affected his subscriptions NO
When he started his online prints were they popular YES
Are people still asking after Micheal all the time YES
Does he get positive accoldaes in comments YES

So his brother has the same subscription numbers as her, Micheal still has more subscriptions than them both.
The opportunity for more $$$ overcomes all with her. Billy even attached a link (WTF)

Yes she tried to replace mIcheal with Philip but no comparision and their hug plus groin walking say a lot

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Stephainie dumped Micheal when he wasn't the flavour of the utube community and Tattle. Most likely thought he would be bad for the LLL Lalalande growth to be involved. Also may have benn some behind the scences between friends we will never know.

Well has it affected his number of subscriptions NO
His abscence has it affected his subscriptions NO
When he started his online prints were they popular YES
Are people still asking after Micheal all the time YES
Does he get positive accoldaes in comments YES

So his brother has the same subscription numbers as her, Micheal still has more subscriptions than them both.
The opportunity for more $$$ overcomes all with her. Billy even attached a link (WTF)

Yes she tried to replace mIcheal with Philip but no comparision and their hug plus groin walking say a lot
Wasn't there talk of her asking money from Michael for duty on his gifts sent to LieLande? Didn't he return to sender stuff people sent him at Gwen's place because he didn't want to pay duty on tat?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Love Delia! Have you tried her Creole cake?
You always know when Christmas is getting near when Delia's getting ready for Christmas video pops up.

Reactions: 8
I wonder what Fanny's end game is as well. Crikey, this is going to turn into a tele-novella! Snorts is going to piss all over the already vile carpets to claim his territory like a feral cat!
I don't know that she actually has an end game - she just wants to stir the pot to get more views. She was genuinely happy to see Michael, and we've not seen that from her when it comes to PhiPhi. Or maybe it's part of the plan to get rid of PhiPhi - piss him off enough so that he destroys as much as he can, then leaves, and we'll see more of Michael because she'll need him to come to the rescue (unless it's really unhealthy for Michael, then she's SOL).

• Heart
But I don't think anyone is living in the chateau now... Billy et al are in the other house, Michael has the cottage, everyone else is at the convent no? Where is Mo and Sadie living?
Does Michael actually sleep in the cottage?
I don't think he has a bathroom or loo as yet.

Reactions: 10
This is exactly what do, I’m the only one that likes them, I like dark fruit cake with no marzipan icing
I only learned this past weekend from everyone here about the ones with marzipan and icing! I don't know if I'd like it or not, but I'm going to try it, I think, just because I enjoy trying things from other cultures. I like marzipan, frangipani, all of those almond flavors!

What I like as much as fruitcake this time of year is panettone! I just ordered several, which will arrive on Saturday, including one I always get from Fiasconaro, who are the ones who make the Panettone in those Dolce & Gabbana tins Stephanie Jarvis is always swooning over at Christmas - I did not get the tins! Just the panettone! I swear, she likes those tins more than she likes the panettone itself!

I'm going to be 50 pounds heavier on January 1st!! I'm clearly NOT on a low-carb/no-carb diet!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know that she actually has an end game - she just wants to stir the pot to get more views. She was genuinely happy to see Michael, and we've not seen that from her when it comes to PhiPhi. Or maybe it's part of the plan to get rid of PhiPhi - piss him off enough so that he destroys as much as he can, then leaves, and we'll see more of Michael because she'll need him to come to the rescue (unless it's really unhealthy for Michael, then she's SOL).
You are so right Mr MaGoo.
Stephanie's body language with Philip has always struck me as 'formal'.
I can't think of the right word.
Whereas her connection with Michael is so much warmer.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you for the get well wishes and vlog recommendations, very kind and much appreciated 😊
I feel like I have Covid but without the cough, the lateral flow tests over three consecutive days are negative. There is a nasty strain of Flu going around which some are saying is actually a new variant of Covid, what ever it is it’s completely debilitating and unpleasant. Onwards and upwards though, not much keeps me horizontal for too long …

I find the topic fascinating and terrifying in equal measure. I had a blood clot last year 6 weeks after the Oxford vaccine, can’t be proven to be linked of course - or so I’m told!!
Very sorry you're not feeling well, I've heard even the Flu strain going around is pretty intense! Lots of rest and hydrate! :):)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Love Delia! Have you tried her Creole cake?
I’m not sure if I made it many years ago. I know I learnt to cater for Christmas from the Delia Smith Christmas book. It was my bible.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes I heard her say when Carlo retired from the cemetery that he was going to work p/t in a B & B. But like you have not seen or heard anything else since. I always assumed it would be at their friends Elizabeth and Pepes holiday let in Priano
as they are busy with the boats for the Summer season so wouldn’t have time to look after that as well. I know that didn’t open until September so if that is where Carlo was going to be it would have left him with 9 months of not working. Haven’t listened to the podcast so didn’t realise Nikki had had a drink problem in the past. I do like her vlogs and look forward to them. Very jealous of her house and garden but I think those steps would not be for me. Have been to Positano once we got a ferry from Amalfi I did find it hard work walking up to the shops even though I had all day to do it in. That’s the trouble with not being fit. Monsieur de P walks miles every day I struggle to walk one mile a week.
I wondered if it was Elisabeth's B&B, too, but......I follow Elizabeth (I think I may love her more than Nicki!!) on Instagram and she was filming there quite often during the summer months - every day she does a fairly large Instagram story of her day, as she's feeding the animals every day. She has a ton of mini-goats, 5 of them pregnant right now, plus the chickens. Nicki and Carlo said that whoever it was he was working for didn't want to be filmed, so that sort of made me think it wasn't Elisabeth, who seems to love being on camera! Pepe, her husband, doesn't seem to love it, though, but I don't think he'd stop someone from filming their place, particularly since Elisabeth has splashed it all over Instagram (she just did another tour of the place yesterday or the day before).

With regard to the alcohol issue, I don't think she called it alcoholism, I just didn't know what to call it! Maybe she called it an alcohol problem? I think she thought she was becoming dependent and made mention of how she woke up some mornings and didn't feel like doing anything but sleeping all day after a night out. She went to her dad's in England, bought herself non-alcoholic wine and drank it when the feeling hit during her time there (apparently, you can't get those in Italy, or couldn't at the time). She thought she had enough of a problem that she had to go away and take care of it. She said she really didn't have too tough of a time after about the first day and went on to mention how the benefits of not drinking have helped her weight and she said her entire face shape changed. She really does look different than she did four or five years ago, softer I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This just cropped up in suggestions... It's striking how Snorts constantly answers questions Michael asks of Stephanie, killing conversation he's trying to have with her... crazy. She's really aged in a year with him dragging her down...

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.