The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meanwhile on Manor & Maker, some "famous" author I've never heard of (T Rex reads many leather-bound books, and my office smells of rich mahogany- only a few of you will get this reference... sadness...), named Sasha Alsberg, who uses the term "like" far too often (co-author of a NYT #1 best-selling book, but reviews for the series are dismal- it's an Outlander knock-off), has come for a visit and photo shoot. Sasha and her partner have already explored the sights with Pavlina (who looks far happier than she's ever looked at the Shitoo), and Sasha exclaims she's just going to move in with them. Sarah is excited to help Sasha dress up for the photo shoot, and has Pavlina put on a dress as well- Sarah goes into full mum mode with the girls (I now want to adopt Sarah as my mum- sorry, Mumma!) Shrek takes the photos- which are lovely, and Pavlina gets to be the dark cloaked figure in some if the initial shots. More photo shoots inside, and Pavlina gets to play dress up for them (I suspect at this point, Sarah is NEVER going to let Pavlina return home- she really loves that girl as her own). Great photos by Shrek- if anything, Pavlina will hopefully get to be on the cover of a future book! (I prefer the ones of Pavlina moreso than Sasha.) Sasha signs her book (she was there to edit her next book), and Sarah and Shrek, of course, are chuffed. Meh, while the whole episode was pretty much a suck-up to Sasha and her 2.5 star upcoming book (she was okay- nothing to write home about), Sarah was more of a mum than an obsessed fan (unlike Shrek), and it was wonderful to see how happy Pavlina is being there. I do wonder if she's going to return to the Shitoo, or just stay with Sarah and Shrek... Hmmm?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
@M&MsMom I have wondered the same thing about Carlo too ! Maybe youtube ad revenue etc is enough to keep them both ? He does seem to help his neighbours a lot, for instance harvesting olives, and he has cleared quite a long footpath on the mountainside recently too. Nicki mentioned the other day that he likes to be the one answering all of the comments on their channel . Paid work has not been mentioned has it ?
I think it also helped when they were no longer paying for their daughter's education in England. Even though it wasn't a traditional boarding school, they still had to pay for the boarding part! Maybe that has freed up their finances in a way they didn't expect. I'm not judging his not working - I retired early, too, a year after Covid. There had to have been some sort of job there for Carlo at first, because like I said in my original post, I just don't see them as people who don't tell the truth. Maybe he tried whatever it was and didn't like it? I'm sure the story will come out at some point.

Reactions: 10
I am confused. In Billy's vlog Ryan must have gone with them as she blew kisses to.someone in the back.seat (michael?) And there was someone in the passenger seat up front. Also strange that nothing from the night before was filmed especially not Ryan was there. And no phi phi nasty or anyone else around. I bet they had one he'll of a dinner and Alexander up.til 6 am with who? Whom? Then drinking champagne I the am. He will fit right in. Poor boy
Ryan was there. I recall at some point after they left Lalande, Billy said Ryan's name and spoke to him in the car.

I only want to know why Nati wearing a sequined sweater in the middle of the day? Hard to see in the photo, but believe me, she was Miss Sparkle Plenty! Too bad her personality doesn't match the clothing!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Don't think they pay rent either, she explained the property was his fathers.. they trade most of their food... she must make a good deal on YT.. She had said her daughter got a free ride or bursaries or something going to England for her higher education... They seem to know all the angles..

The way she plays with timelines, I wonder if that was the issue the other night at dinner... they said 6 people for dinner but we only saw 5, was that 6th Alexander? Phillis was definitely 'off' that night... A new gay in the village?
The Nikki thing. She said that they lived in a rented place In Town like 10 years and that the proper they now live in was family property and no one wanted to live there because of the steps. They did a big renovation to be able to live there. They also have the "little house" that is an air bnb and she is a makeup artist and does weddings and model photo shoots. I am sure Carlo has a retirement from the cemetery. She has a lot of you tube followers as well. I like them

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you for the get well wishes and vlog recommendations, very kind and much appreciated 😊
I feel like I have Covid but without the cough, the lateral flow tests over three consecutive days are negative. There is a nasty strain of Flu going around which some are saying is actually a new variant of Covid, what ever it is it’s completely debilitating and unpleasant. Onwards and upwards though, not much keeps me horizontal for too long …
Hang in there, love- I've been suffering a nasty sinus infection for a month now (all tests proved negative- never even ran a fever- the doctors gave me a Z-Pack and sent me on my way.) Mr. T Rex was concerned that perhaps we had unknown mold or particulates in the house, so had the air tested- another no (but we now own a very expensive air purifier- just in case). Apparently, a combination of debris on the curbsides in my neighbourhood, red tide and the flora and foliage in bloom in SW Florida are the cause (I am the one who walks the dogs, rain or shine, so there's that). I'm FINALLY on the mend- FML, my body hates me! And actually have to take Allegra every day- which is annoying to remember every day. I hope you feel better soon- and that it is NOT Influenza or the NewRona. Drink plenty of fluids, and make lots of ginger tea (with LOTS of ginger!) Hugs and love, and hope you are on the mend soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Pethericks sure do beat the pants off of Fanny's vlogs technically and cinematically. Why doesn't Phyllis learn how to make videos and use a drone? Honestly, I'm getting more than fed up with his laziness and inaptitude. I know why he was absent from Petherick's vlog, he's jealous of Michael and Fanny's relationship, and being the brat that he is, couldn't be civil so stayed in his room plotting and scheming against all the new bloods.
Maybe he didn't feel his hair was camera ready?
Or maybe he didn't think he was camera ready for Michael?
Or maybe he needed to do his nails?

I agree with you, though. It is so obvious this kid does absolutely nothing with his day. Nice work if you can get it, huh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I only learned this past weekend from everyone here about the ones with marzipan and icing! I don't know if I'd like it or not, but I'm going to try it, I think, just because I enjoy trying things from other cultures. I like marzipan, frangipani, all of those almond flavors!

What I like as much as fruitcake this time of year is panettone! I just ordered several, which will arrive on Saturday, including one I always get from Fiasconaro, who are the ones who make the Panettone in those Dolce & Gabbana tins Stephanie Jarvis is always swooning over at Christmas - I did not get the tins! Just the panettone! I swear, she likes those tins more than she likes the panettone itself!

I'm going to be 50 pounds heavier on January 1st!! I'm clearly NOT on a low-carb/no-carb diet!
Panettones must not be that popular around here in the US . Most stores sell them 75% off after the holidays. As they as good for months. I usually get more than I should. I do like the ones with chocolate. Not traditional but good.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
It would appear that they did a "fanny" and arrived late 🤣 Was that Billy poking more fun at fanny?
Speaking of poking fun at Fanny, I love how at the end, Billy plugged her channel, as if no one had ever heard of her before!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't people know HIM (Billy) because of HER?
Bwahahahahaha! I laughed so hard.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
my coworker (who sits only meter and half from me) came down yesterday. she's also diabetic. i was negative today and yesterday evening, i'm buying box of tests tomorow. me and another coworker are the only ones out of 5 our office that didn't have a thing yet. my brother and his bunch had it, my parents didn't.
You have to buy your box tests? Here in Canada, they are free. They have them at the Pharmacies, free for everyone.
I hope you do not get it. Make sure you’re taking lots of vitamin D,C and zinc. Pomegranate juice is good to take.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Philip needs to go home. Or at least stay out of the vlogs. He is terrible for Stephanie’s brand and I think finally she has realised it. She needs to make good on her promise to keep him out of the spotlight. Bone him or whatever- Stephanie- but if he ruins one more video of anything anytime- all your work is down the drain.
What am I more disgusted thinking about? "Bone him" or "whatever"?
Eeeeewwwww!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Off topic, but since you brought up The Positano Diaries, I have a question for you or anyone here that also watches. I love her vlog and never miss it!

I'm confused about what Carlo is doing, not that it's any of my business - LOL!!. When he left his decades-long job at the cemetery, both of them said that wherever he was working was not comfortable with them filming, so neither one of them would be revealing where it was that he was actually working or even what he was doing, although it sounded like it was a B&B or a hotel of some sort. I can't remember what gave me that impression. They would only say that it was a new direction for Carlo. Recently, I listened to a podcast by that couple who recently stayed with them, Jits Into the Sunset, because they interviewed Nicki and they said they would be talking about things Nicki had never discussed before (it was a fun interview, but I feel like I've heard it all before, except for the specifics of how she physically kicked her alcohol consumption/addiction, which they didn't spend a ton of time on in the interview). They talked about Carlo and it was as if he was always going to be "retired", with no other job. At one point, Nicki said that Carlo has mentioned recently that he doesn't know why he was worrying about what he'd be doing with all this time he now has, as he's busy all the time!

It just feels weird, mainly because I see the both of them as pretty up front and honest about everything.....and I don't know what the big deal would be about being honest in saying he was "retired" (no matter his age - the guy had worked at that cemetery since he was 14 years old and it was 365 days a year! He would deserve a break from that!!). What do you think about this?
I too have watched all the Positano Diaries vlogs and do not remember any reference to what Carlo would be doing post retirement . I do remember Nicki mentioning that many fans were wondering what his brother (who does all the garden work) actually did for a living and later said they were not comfortable with filming that part of his brother's life. Could anyone direct me to the vlog where they said it was where Carlo was working? Am I losing some part of my memory here?

Reactions: 2
Off topic, but since you brought up The Positano Diaries, I have a question for you or anyone here that also watches. I love her vlog and never miss it!

I'm confused about what Carlo is doing, not that it's any of my business - LOL!!. When he left his decades-long job at the cemetery, both of them said that wherever he was working was not comfortable with them filming, so neither one of them would be revealing where it was that he was actually working or even what he was doing, although it sounded like it was a B&B or a hotel of some sort. I can't remember what gave me that impression. They would only say that it was a new direction for Carlo. Recently, I listened to a podcast by that couple who recently stayed with them, Jits Into the Sunset, because they interviewed Nicki and they said they would be talking about things Nicki had never discussed before (it was a fun interview, but I feel like I've heard it all before, except for the specifics of how she physically kicked her alcohol consumption/addiction, which they didn't spend a ton of time on in the interview). They talked about Carlo and it was as if he was always going to be "retired", with no other job. At one point, Nicki said that Carlo has mentioned recently that he doesn't know why he was worrying about what he'd be doing with all this time he now has, as he's busy all the time!

It just feels weird, mainly because I see the both of them as pretty up front and honest about everything.....and I don't know what the big deal would be about being honest in saying he was "retired" (no matter his age - the guy had worked at that cemetery since he was 14 years old and it was 365 days a year! He would deserve a break from that!!). What do you think about this?
Carlo was working at some job to learn more about the hospitality industry (I thought it was a hotel) and that place did not want him to film. Now I think he's moved into doing whatever he wants-- helping their neighbor harvest olives, clearing an old walking path between valleys, working in the garden, visiting/helping his parents, kayaking, etc. As I hear from a lot of retired folks, they get busy with a lot of volunteer and other activities and wish they had more time! I enjoy the PD vlog a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe he didn't feel his hair was camera ready?
Or maybe he didn't think he was camera ready for Michael?
Or maybe he needed to do his nails?

I agree with you, though. It is so obvious this kid does absolutely nothing with his day. Nice work if you can get it, huh?
When I was in my mid twenties I was super excited about my career! I loved working, learning and being with my colleagues. I would have been very depressed if I didn't have something meaningful to do with my life. He is really blowing it by not getting going in something that will build with experience. His resumé is empty and, most importantly, no career centered contacts. He's got a few more years to get it together, but the day will come and it will be too late. Also, he is not building the kind of stamina it takes to work full time and learning about the hidden curriculum of the workplace. He's so naive about the world and that won't change living in that bubble with all those misfits.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Panettones must not be that popular around here in the US . Most stores sell them 75% off after the holidays. As they as good for months. I usually get more than I should. I do like the ones with chocolate. Not traditional but good.
I make french toast with the fruit ones... omg.. so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I only learned this past weekend from everyone here about the ones with marzipan and icing! I don't know if I'd like it or not, but I'm going to try it, I think, just because I enjoy trying things from other cultures. I like marzipan, frangipani, all of those almond flavors!

What I like as much as fruitcake this time of year is panettone! I just ordered several, which will arrive on Saturday, including one I always get from Fiasconaro, who are the ones who make the Panettone in those Dolce & Gabbana tins Stephanie Jarvis is always swooning over at Christmas - I did not get the tins! Just the panettone! I swear, she likes those tins more than she likes the panettone itself!

I'm going to be 50 pounds heavier on January 1st!! I'm clearly NOT on a low-carb/no-carb diet!
Marzipan- you'll either love it or hate it. My mum thinks it is amazing- yet, none of my siblings nor I share her sentiment- verdict is out- we hate it. For that brief time we lived in Mexico (we have lived everywhere on the globe- it is what it is), my mum also took a liking to the de la Rosa Marzipan (which is made of peanuts, I think, and we did not like that one either.) (Take it as you will- my evil twin and younger brother also hate onions, yet I put them atop everything. I am Judas when it comes to onions.) We are an odd lot.

Panettone is my jam- I get gifted far too many from my Italian fam and friends, so put them in my freezer. They are the gateway for amazing French toast! There are so many amazing ones, so never just settle for one brand! (While I don't think I've been ever gifted a D&G one, I never check brands nor tins- I chuck whatever tin they came in, wrap them in foil, and put them in the freezer!) But those Walker's miniature mince pies stand no chance- I eat them as soon as they arrive in the post. Mr. T Rex, "Bae, was there a package today?" Mouth opens with crumbs flailing about, "No, why do you ask?!" (Sorry, not sorry- I know they are NOT as good as a proper mince pie, but my mum is NOT here to make ME a mince pie, so I'll gladly settle!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.