The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I BELIEVE!! I BELIEVE!!
lol.. When the kids came and questioned Santa's existence, I told them, while they believed, they would still get presents from him... to this day I have to buy a couple extra from Santa...

Chicken and brown sauce.. :ROFLMAO: you forgot her trip to South Africa for 6 weeks where she went on Safari...no one knows how or who funded that trip or even why she went and then she came home to Norway & is now making tutorial wreath (wreet) you tube vlogs which incidentally she hates you tube but hey if she keeps it short with no narrative it's not so bad. So back to square 1.
She has no connection to SA other than Isobelle & the old boy, Perky.. so clearly they set her up with contacts in a hotel or guest house to work a few weeks...

Reactions: 17
I do !
I have made my Chrissie Cake and its iced with marzipan and white icing with my handmade marzipan fruits on the top Rexy ! :love:
I love marzipan & Icing...I'm the only one who likes christmas cake so I just buy the bar iced fruit cake. Small enough for me to devour over the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I usually make two Christmas cakes - one traditionally topped with marzipan and icing which hubby loves and it serves as his birthday cake as he is a Christmas Day baby. The other rich, dark fruitcake is topped with nuts and glace fruits as I am not a huge fan of marzipan and icing. The family like both. I use my mum's cake and Christmas pudding recipes from a 60 year old McDougalls flour cookbook. I used to make mini cakes in very well washed tuna tins with the children at school and they loved to make the decorations from fondant icing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You should watch it....they don't put out many videos, but when they do, they're usually pretty long. I fast forward through some of it when it gets tedious. Also, even though I hate recommending a video of Stephanie's, Julia and her family asked Stephanie to tour the video and film it before they bought it. If you haven't seen them, it was one of Stephanie's better videos. Julia and her family bought the chateau without touring it due to covid restrictions. It was a good video that gives you a really good look at what they purchased. It's split into two videos.

Perhaps it was just me, but Stephony seemed a tiny bit jealous during those pre-purchase touring vlogs. Especially about the grounds.

• Haha
  • Heart
lol.. When the kids came and questioned Santa's existence, I told them, while they believed, they would still get presents from him... to this day I have to buy a couple extra from Santa
We always said that he stopped coming when they stopped believing. They never did confess to not believing!

• Haha
  • Heart
lol.. When the kids came and questioned Santa's existence, I told them, while they believed, they would still get presents from him... to this day I have to buy a couple extra from Santa...

She has no connection to SA other than Isobelle & the old boy, Perky.. so clearly they set her up with contacts in a hotel or guest house to work a few weeks...
She was doing volunteer cooking at a wildlife safari lodge. No info on how that came about. I think she funded her flights by selling her FloraMobile since I haven't seen it for a very long time, no proof though. I think she needs to stay in Norway close to home. Forget the social media stuff, she's not good at it. Her IG account is sporadic and boring. Last clip I saw was of snow falling, as if that's something new for Norway in winter, yawn! Sometimes we just need to accept our position in life, no matter how humdrum, and just get on with it. Nothing wrong with being a florist and staying put to get your life in order. Forget the glamourous stuff, world travel, YT star. Listen to your elders that have been through the mill a few times. Eat well, exercise, save money, get to bed at a reasonable time, and if you can get that under control, you're doing pretty well!😊

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I remember that !
I saw a hedge he burnt in around Camberwell ....shocking ! It was a beautiful cypress hedge too. :(
I wonder where he is now and is he still burning stuff !!! :oops:
I thought you might!
I know he trained as a male nurse but I don't know what became of him.
My husband remembers him as a really great kid from a loving family.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
@Albee

Could it be because of the gas shortage? That girl (vlogger) who stayed at the shiteau said she couldn't get gas anywhere, so maybe they thought an electric vehicle for a long trip? But didn't know you had to plug it in occasionally 🤦‍♀️
There doesn't appear to be a fuel shortage now. It's stopped making the news. The cost peaks and dips but it's readily available. The main problem, I believe, was with Total Energies fuel stations (either I'm having deja'vu or I've said all this somewhere before!). Total Energies passed on the government subsidies to the customer so their fuel was always cheaper than anywhere else. However, their workers went on strike, during the strike season here in France - October and November, and blockaded the refineries. The tanker drivers also went on strike. So the fuel stations weren't getting the full quota deliveries. But there was always fuel available at other petrol stations. In fact the only fuel stations I ever saw without fuel were Total Energies, so they regulated how much you could pump. That all seems to have finished now and I think the government subsidies may have too.

The problem with electric cars is their autonomy. Great if you're town driving but if you have a long distance journey you have to ensure that
1. there are charging stations on your route
and
2. you have enough charge to reach them!
At present it is free to charge your electric car in France at the public bornes. If you have a charging station set up in your home I believe the fitting of it is free. Not sure if the electricity supplied is free. The French government is very keen to get everyone in electric cars. However, before too long you will have to pay for the charge at public charging bornes (credit card, bank card, tokens etc.,) and for charging from your home (if you don'talready). I don't think it's possible to just plug it in to any source electricity. There needs to be specific equipment.

Another thing that has been aired by the government to help counter the electricity usage in France is to only make the charging stations available at certain times! Kind of goes against the previous government encouragement of buying an electric car! There is a large carpark in Montpellier that has dozens of electricity car charging bornes. About two dozen of them are supplied by Tesla. All of the Tesla ones have been made unavailable for use! Not sure what's going on there.

Motor trade wife. I could talk about this all night. I should get a life...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you 😊
I feel your pain ! We’re down with some virus here too … really recommend Lady of the château and Homeworthy to pass the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you 😊
Gosh hope you haven’t got the latest mutation of Covid which apparently outguns all known Covid vaccines so apparently we are back to square one in terms of protection from it. Hope you fight it off soon. Sorry can’t recommend any vlogs have completely lost interest in all of them. The only one I watch in a regular basis is Nikki from Positano.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just skimmed through Ed & Anna's bore fest... Whenever she has an idea, he shoots it down and does what he wants anyway... She suggested a nice book shelf for that niche... he says no, a love seat, which will look crowded and won't fit... A nice narrow book shelf and the two small chairs from the other room would be perfect Ed, ya control freak... No wonder she looks so depressed and worn out these days... he's insufferable.
Agreed.
And sometimes she sounds so absolutely flat when she speaks.
It appears to be have become 'his' passion project and no longer 'their's'.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
So Billy has just dropped Alexander at the Chateau with Fanny and Micheal will be back to her for Christmas 🎄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She was doing volunteer cooking at a wildlife safari lodge. No info on how that came about. I think she funded her flights by selling her FloraMobile since I haven't seen it for a very long time, no proof though. I think she needs to stay in Norway close to home. Forget the social media stuff, she's not good at it. Her IG account is sporadic and boring. Last clip I saw was of snow falling, as if that's something new for Norway in winter, yawn! Sometimes we just need to accept our position in life, no matter how humdrum, and just get on with it. Nothing wrong with being a florist and staying put to get your life in order. Forget the glamourous stuff, world travel, YT star. Listen to your elders that have been through the mill a few times. Eat well, exercise, save money, get to bed at a reasonable time, and if you can get that under control, you're doing pretty well!😊
The problem is she saw what Stephanie had and wanted the same. No doubt silly Stephanie said it was possible.
Clueless and very unhelpful .

Davey has arrived. …Dan has ‘ landscaped’ …moved some soil about badly near the chapel . Have the plants arrived. Will this be an adventvlog🙄?
Is he planning how to get water to the fountain? And where is the fountain and Indian Temple.
Will the pergola be finished and planted?

With F4F new interest in vlogging/ flogging the garden perhaps the planned fruit trees will arrive. And will they come from France?

Someone mentioned previously that perhaps F4F has not made as many curtains as she herself claimed. I do wonder if the dump is sooo cold why does no one close the curtains. Those being the ones that have not fallen off the tracking.
Have they been made as dress curtains only?

And why does Fanny use a carrier bag to move logs about? Very odd.
How did they do this previously for the open fires?

Potts was the pyromaniac. He loved the pizza oven… now not working of course!
There is no heat in the winter salon . Are they permitted to have a fire there? So many questions!?
I’m guessing they will all huddle in the marquis apartment , eat lunch very late and be so drunk they don’t know how cold it is.

Bets on for her Christmas Day outfit that squirrel will have prepared!?

• Haha
  • Heart
We always said that he stopped coming when they stopped believing. They never did confess to not believing!
There’s enough of an age difference between me and my sibling that I was aware of Santa’s true identity years before my brother. Of course I was easily sworn to secrecy for those few more years as that meant extra haul for me!😝 Mom did insist on continuing the stockings for the rest of her life. She’d shop throughout the year for the exactly right little gifts that were her signature special touch. My parents never had stockings though so after the first year Santa had moved on from our house I made a pair for the ‘rents and my baby brother and I returned the favor. We continued to do as mom and hunt for special trinkets for theirs until they passed away 20 years ago. To this day we still hang their stockings with a favorite photograph sticking out the top.

• Heart
Ah, yes, Audrey Coyne's voice. I use to watch her vlogs quite a bit, but I just can't stand her voice anymore. Also, her style has stalled. Pretty boring and really only suits her, not a broader range of people. Too much black lately since going to Paris. My go to for style is Marie Anne Lecoeur. Straight shooter, tries really hard to accomodate all body shapes and sizes, most budgets and has a sense of humor, isn't afraid of color and also has a lifestyle vlog about living in rural France. Make no mistake she is not at all like Fanny or Dan, she is French, cooks French food, loves animals, is normal, has had many years of working in high level professions, married to an Englishman, not afraid of hard work, no ebegging, uses sponsors in her videos, but it's appropriate and not phony.

I wear gloves. I guess that makes me a princess which is what I've always wanted! 👸🏼🧤🤣 Funny though, I don't feel like a princess when cutting holly.
I love Marie Anne.
She is witty, down to earth and shares great info/tips.

I also watch her vlogs. She doesn't put on airs and shows a variety of homes owned mostly by bonafide interior decorators from modern to very traditional.
She also has a few lovely books out you may like.

Which fashion house did she work for? Wasn't Balenciaga was it? Their website says 'closed for renovations'... when have they not been renovating??
It was Balmain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Well with Alexander there maybe, just maybe, something good will come about from all those fabrics. I just have a feeling Alexander will "clash" with Phyllis. Alexander's style of dress is so different than Phyllis but I do like how Alexander dresses.

the reaction with Michael and F4F was genuine. But Michael should stay away, or at least it small doses, so he doesn't get love bombed and return home to get "re-centered"

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Well with Alexander there maybe, just maybe, something good will come about from all those fabrics. I just have a feeling Alexander will "clash" with Phyllis. Alexander's style of dress is so different than Phyllis but I do like how Alexander dresses.

the reaction with Michael and F4F was genuine. But Michael should stay away, or at least it small doses, so he doesn't get love bombed and return home to get "re-centered"
I have a feeling Squirrel wil stay in his room more…… counting his stuffed animals

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Perhaps it was just me, but Stephony seemed a tiny bit jealous during those pre-purchase touring vlogs. Especially about the grounds.
It's been awhile since I've watched it, but I remember a couple of instances where Stephanie caught the envy bug. The grounds, which you mentioned and I think were on some sort of conservancy list and, of course, the china room!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a slight worry about Yorick’s presence as a volunteer. Could he be sussing it out as a suitable training place for learning disabled young adults? He has in no way been treated as a typical volunteer during his stay. I can see Fanny And PhiPhi seizing on thé idea of cheap labour combined with”so noble” appeal for the Patrons. I pray he sees through her.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.