The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In Billy's vlog where they take Alexander to LaLande, did anyone notice that Snorts was conspicuous by his absence? Probably couldn't bear to see how genuinely enthusiastic Fanny was to see Michael.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I usually make two Christmas cakes - one traditionally topped with marzipan and icing which hubby loves and it serves as his birthday cake as he is a Christmas Day baby. The other rich, dark fruitcake is topped with nuts and glace fruits as I am not a huge fan of marzipan and icing. The family like both. I use my mum's cake and Christmas pudding recipes from a 60 year old McDougalls flour cookbook. I used to make mini cakes in very well washed tuna tins with the children at school and they loved to make the decorations from fondant icing.
Oh wow my husband is also a Christmas day baby! I try to make his birthday even more special for him because It always seems he gets overlooked with all the commotion of Christmas. (He gets a cheesecake)
I am going to have to try a British Christmas cake.. all we have here is a nasty ,nasty fruitcake which is very rare that anyone likes it…And that reminds me, Fanny has not said anything about her Christmas cake🧐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So Billy has just dropped Alexander at the Chateau with Fanny and Micheal will be back to her for Christmas 🎄
That was an odd vlog wasn't it?
  • One of the reasons Alexander went to Lalande was because Basmaignee was too cold for him???
  • Billy is pretty much real-time with his vlogs so we know Fanny is home and not travelling at the moment.
  • Billy's dig about Lalande turning Alexander into an alcoholic after one night!
  • Fanny's demeanor when she doesn't know she's being filmed is always interesting.
  • The Pethericks and Chateau Diaries both have 211K subscribers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
In Billy's vlog where they take Alexander to LaLande, did anyone notice that Snorts was conspicuous by his absence? Probably couldn't bear to see how genuinely enthusiastic Fanny was to see Michael.
I thought the same thing. Shame they didn't film dinner the night before. Would love to have seen snorts serving Michael 😂

• One of the reasons Alexander went to Lalande was because Basmaignee was too cold for him???
  • Billy is pretty much real-time with his vlogs so we know Fanny is home and not travelling at the moment.
  • Billy's dig about Lalande turning Alexander into an alcoholic after one night!
  • Fanny's demeanor when she doesn't know she's being filmed is always interesting.
Fanny's dress code when she doesn't know someone is filming is even more interesting. She looked like a bag lady

• Haha
Reactions: 24
There doesn't appear to be a fuel shortage now. It's stopped making the news. The cost peaks and dips but it's readily available. The main problem, I believe, was with Total Energies fuel stations (either I'm having deja'vu or I've said all this somewhere before!). Total Energies passed on the government subsidies to the customer so their fuel was always cheaper than anywhere else. However, their workers went on strike, during the strike season here in France - October and November, and blockaded the refineries. The tanker drivers also went on strike. So the fuel stations weren't getting the full quota deliveries. But there was always fuel available at other petrol stations. In fact the only fuel stations I ever saw without fuel were Total Energies, so they regulated how much you could pump. That all seems to have finished now and I think the government subsidies may have too.

The problem with electric cars is their autonomy. Great if you're town driving but if you have a long distance journey you have to ensure that
1. there are charging stations on your route
and
2. you have enough charge to reach them!
At present it is free to charge your electric car in France at the public bornes. If you have a charging station set up in your home I believe the fitting of it is free. Not sure if the electricity supplied is free. The French government is very keen to get everyone in electric cars. However, before too long you will have to pay for the charge at public charging bornes (credit card, bank card, tokens etc.,) and for charging from your home (if you don'talready). I don't think it's possible to just plug it in to any source electricity. There needs to be specific equipment.

Another thing that has been aired by the government to help counter the electricity usage in France is to only make the charging stations available at certain times! Kind of goes against the previous government encouragement of buying an electric car! There is a large carpark in Montpellier that has dozens of electricity car charging bornes. About two dozen of them are supplied by Tesla. All of the Tesla ones have been made unavailable for use! Not sure what's going on there.

Motor trade wife. I could talk about this all night. I should get a life...
I think you can charge your car from the house.
There has been controversy somewhere in Sydney about this.
Residents run extension cords from their house out to their electric cars to charge the battery.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
WTF Billy's chateau so cold yet he goes to lalaland, hope all goes well for Alexander and he is not expoilted. That is such a dumb thing to say of course he will be.

Alexander reminds me of a lost soul a little like Marie Wilks. Yes seems Philp could be getting phased out. I have always said he was there for good BUT Micheal returning will mean he will fade out. Only saw Natti in background no one else.

Reactions: 19
Oh wow my husband is also a Christmas day baby! I try to make his birthday even more special for him because It always seems he gets overlooked with all the commotion of Christmas. (He gets a cheesecake)
I am going to have to try a British Christmas cake.. all we have here is a nasty ,nasty fruitcake which is very rare that anyone likes it…And that reminds me, Fanny has not said anything about her Christmas cake🧐
I’ve long suspected there is only one elderly fruitcake constantly playing pass the potato in the US!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Gosh hope you haven’t got the latest mutation of Covid which apparently outguns all known Covid vaccines so apparently we are back to square one in terms of protection from it. Hope you fight it off soon. Sorry can’t recommend any vlogs have completely lost interest in all of them. The only one I watch in a regular basis is Nikki from Positano.
Off topic, but since you brought up The Positano Diaries, I have a question for you or anyone here that also watches. I love her vlog and never miss it!

I'm confused about what Carlo is doing, not that it's any of my business - LOL!!. When he left his decades-long job at the cemetery, both of them said that wherever he was working was not comfortable with them filming, so neither one of them would be revealing where it was that he was actually working or even what he was doing, although it sounded like it was a B&B or a hotel of some sort. I can't remember what gave me that impression. They would only say that it was a new direction for Carlo. Recently, I listened to a podcast by that couple who recently stayed with them, Jits Into the Sunset, because they interviewed Nicki and they said they would be talking about things Nicki had never discussed before (it was a fun interview, but I feel like I've heard it all before, except for the specifics of how she physically kicked her alcohol consumption/addiction, which they didn't spend a ton of time on in the interview). They talked about Carlo and it was as if he was always going to be "retired", with no other job. At one point, Nicki said that Carlo has mentioned recently that he doesn't know why he was worrying about what he'd be doing with all this time he now has, as he's busy all the time!

It just feels weird, mainly because I see the both of them as pretty up front and honest about everything.....and I don't know what the big deal would be about being honest in saying he was "retired" (no matter his age - the guy had worked at that cemetery since he was 14 years old and it was 365 days a year! He would deserve a break from that!!). What do you think about this?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I found that cold comment quite interesting as well. I think Alexander is in for a serious shock! I did notice in one shot of the kitchen you can see the radiator on the wall. I thought Amaury removed all of them and shut the system off over leaks?

Reactions: 15
No Billy's videos are day by day so it was on Monday he dropped him off and returned home today Tuesday

Reactions: 11
I’ve long suspected there is only one elderly fruitcake constantly playing pass the potato in the US!
M&MsMom whispers: I love fruitcake!
I'm the only person I know who does! I'm particular about it, though, but not so particular that I won't give at least a go on any of them if I can't find the exact brand I really, really like! In my view, the cheaper ones are better - that will probably disgust every fruitcake-hater out there! I mean, dyed green cherries just can't be made elegant, so why spring for a $50 one when a $15 one will do!! I eat it for a week or two and that's it. Small pieces, maybe two or three bites every night with a cup of tea and my fruitcake quotient for the year is complete and I don't want to see it or even think about it until the next Christmas!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
So Billy has just dropped Alexander at the Chateau with Fanny and Micheal will be back to her for Christmas 🎄
There is something afoot at lie and lieagainlande. Snorts had a real cob on! Face like a slapped arse. Completely out of it when they were speaking french amongst themselves. And then he was gone. Place setting and all. Like he had never been there.
Ah, so we now know why Sir Snorts had a cob on, he knew his nemesis was coming to commandeer Fanny and titivate all the baubles up in Narnia. Y’all can say a lot about Micky boy but he’s Mr Charisma next to the balding twerp.
Bahaha, for once I can’t wait for the advent flogs. *opens a packet of Revels and leans in to get a better look*

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
You should watch it....they don't put out many videos, but when they do, they're usually pretty long. I fast forward through some of it when it gets tedious. Also, even though I hate recommending a video of Stephanie's, Julia and her family asked Stephanie to tour the video and film it before they bought it. If you haven't seen them, it was one of Stephanie's better videos. Julia and her family bought the chateau without touring it due to covid restrictions. It was a good video that gives you a really good look at what they purchased. It's split into two videos.

This chateau is incredible!!! These are good videos of the property, I think.

• Heart
The Fleurie's are utter brand whores aren't they: Tesla, Miele, Little Greene, Lancanche range cooker, the list goes on they don't want anything unbranded. I do believe status means a lot to them. Anna a bit like Fanny tries to ape the "posh accent" but says "somethink" and gets her grammar confused on occasion. It's a tell Anna I'm afraid.
I think she has adenoid problems or is permanently suffering from sinus. They are certainly brand whores. I guess when someone else is footing the bills, they can afford the best.

Gosh hope you haven’t got the latest mutation of Covid which apparently outguns all known Covid vaccines so apparently we are back to square one in terms of protection from it. Hope you fight it off soon. Sorry can’t recommend any vlogs have completely lost interest in all of them. The only one I watch in a regular basis is Nikki from Positano.
We were having a similar discussion about the efficiency of vaccines against new strains.
Covid is mutating faster than our ability to create and manufacture appropriate vaccines.
Health experts said boosters lasted three months but they have gone very quiet about how long they do actually give protection.

Reactions: 9
No Billy's videos are day by day so it was on Monday he dropped him off and returned home today Tuesday
Grr, that’s not enough time to tread on Snorts toes …. Take him back I say ASAP, only pick him up when he’s banished Snorty back to his homeland and to the open arms of BubbleGirl 🙏🏻

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
There’s enough of an age difference between me and my sibling that I was aware of Santa’s true identity years before my brother. Of course I was easily sworn to secrecy for those few more years as that meant extra haul for me!😝 Mom did insist on continuing the stockings for the rest of her life. She’d shop throughout the year for the exactly right little gifts that were her signature special touch. My parents never had stockings though so after the first year Santa had moved on from our house I made a pair for the ‘rents and my baby brother and I returned the favor. We continued to do as mom and hunt for special trinkets for theirs until they passed away 20 years ago. To this day we still hang their stockings with a favorite photograph sticking out the top.
That is an incredibly sweet thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We were having a similar discussion about the efficiency of vaccines against new strains.
Covid is mutating faster than our ability to create and manufacture appropriate vaccines.
Health experts said boosters lasted three months but they have gone very quiet about how long they do actually give protection.
And to add to the joys… my dr friend said people who have had Covid have a greater chance of having shingles!

why did MP not stay at Lalande. It’s odd to drive all that way for one night although I’m glad he did.
I wonder…. If the freely flowing drink is too much of a temptation fro someone who may struggle with it and adding to the medication.
Alexander will not fit in. It’s far too unruly there.
I don’t believe he can cook. He spends a great deal of time in the bathroom getting ready each day too.
Unless he and Jared are going to make cushions together in a cupboard in Narnia.

The atmosphere was much better without squirrel.

I do hope that there will be NO duets. Maybe squirrel is practicing the piano- carols 🫣

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you 😊
Hope you feel better soon @Sasha Groves . Downie Live is a channel I watch every now and then. He usually goes on across country train trips, but this one is a journey on canal longboat in Wales. @Jeeves does he pass your house on the canal?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
He was busy in Narnia hiding all the gift grab items set aside for Michael's return.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.