The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband taught a boy who grew up to become notorious in Melbourne as 'The Hedge Burner'.
He specifically targeted the suburb I live in and the neighbouring suburb because of the many properties with beautiful cypress hedges.
Anyway he was eventually caught and sent to a youth justice centre in the country.
His obsession was so great that when he was on day release he would set hay sheds and bales alight on neighbouring farms.
His pyromania was sexually motivated.
I remember that !
I saw a hedge he burnt in around Camberwell ....shocking ! It was a beautiful cypress hedge too. :(
I wonder where he is now and is he still burning stuff !!! :oops:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I didn't say you were fat shaming JGW. ❤
I agree though their lifestyle choices will catch up with them, especially Dick.
No I know I was just trying to avoid a pile on like you ha ha. I really laughed with Dick and his elder son digging up horse radish Dick is such a know all and his son obviously finds it frustrating-but then Dick was proved right. I think they seem a very loving family but blimey Dick has piled on the pounds especially when he purports to be so active and busy. That lift was a mistake

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Those sneaky flurries, looks like that Tesla is on long term rental and not just for their road trip.

00C1A60C-01FD-4F40-9DDC-8C5F9E4588C6.jpeg
C469FDB8-86AD-484E-BF50-5D78B52B0A04.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Ok, I have a confession… I don’t know what ASMR means? I’m too scared to Google just incase I get a FeMale in a dog outfit slathered in yoghurt followed by pop ups that’ll make me go blind 😳

Autonomous sensory meridian response (falling asleep, relaxing, lowering stress nervousness,… by listening to sounds)
Just noices, music, Roleplaying/Enactment,…

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think Phillip would benefit from growing a beard he is attractive (and funny) but definitely has a weak chin. I have obviously woken up hyper critical this morning best not start on the Prince of Pubes I will never stop LOL
Let rip, we’re all here for it 😁

• Haha
@Albee
I can’t figure out why one would rent a smaller car than you already have to go go on an epic road trip. They had it packed to the roof. Poor Ziggy squashes in the back. The SUV would of made the trip more comfortable for them all.
Could it be because of the gas shortage? That girl (vlogger) who stayed at the shiteau said she couldn't get gas anywhere, so maybe they thought an electric vehicle for a long trip? But didn't know you had to plug it in occasionally 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
@Albee

Could it be because of the gas shortage? That girl (vlogger) who stayed at the shiteau said she couldn't get gas anywhere, so maybe they thought an electric vehicle for a long trip? But didn't know you had to plug it in occasionally 🤦‍♀️
To be honest that girl couldn't find beer in a pub ha ha

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I just skimmed through Ed & Anna's bore fest... Whenever she has an idea, he shoots it down and does what he wants anyway... She suggested a nice book shelf for that niche... he says no, a love seat, which will look crowded and won't fit... A nice narrow book shelf and the two small chairs from the other room would be perfect Ed, ya control freak... No wonder she looks so depressed and worn out these days... he's insufferable.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I just skimmed through Ed & Anna's bore fest... Whenever she has an idea, he shoots it down and does what he wants anyway... She suggested a nice book shelf for that niche... he says no, a love seat, which will look crowded and won't fit... A nice narrow book shelf and the two small chairs from the other room would be perfect Ed, ya control freak... No wonder she looks so depressed and worn out these days... he's insufferable.
Just be grateful he didn't metro tile it. I think he likes those tiles because they remind him of his own goat like teeth. (what is wrong with me today I am caustic)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I changed my mind. De Colombe. Although the two men do work and obviously love dogs, they like SJ. And they have a patron. 🤷 I’m allergic to patron in any shape or form. You can’t afford your chosen life style, don't do it. Regardless if it’s LaVagabond, Delos, Sj or anyone else.

• Heart
The Fleurie's are utter brand whores aren't they: Tesla, Miele, Little Greene, Lancanche range cooker, the list goes on they don't want anything unbranded. I do believe status means a lot to them. Anna a bit like Fanny tries to ape the "posh accent" but says "somethink" and gets her grammar confused on occasion. It's a tell Anna I'm afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think the pressure is on Stephanie to ensure the 'gathering' areas of the chateau will be warm enough for visiting family over Christmas.

Is anyone familiar with Audrey Coyne?
She is a fashion/style vlogger.

She and Nicky boy are each other's greatest fans.
And she's has got the same whispery style of talking.
Ah, yes, Audrey Coyne's voice. I use to watch her vlogs quite a bit, but I just can't stand her voice anymore. Also, her style has stalled. Pretty boring and really only suits her, not a broader range of people. Too much black lately since going to Paris. My go to for style is Marie Anne Lecoeur. Straight shooter, tries really hard to accomodate all body shapes and sizes, most budgets and has a sense of humor, isn't afraid of color and also has a lifestyle vlog about living in rural France. Make no mistake she is not at all like Fanny or Dan, she is French, cooks French food, loves animals, is normal, has had many years of working in high level professions, married to an Englishman, not afraid of hard work, no ebegging, uses sponsors in her videos, but it's appropriate and not phony.

I have a holly tree in my garden and when I pick it for the vase at Christmas time ........ I do not put on bloody gloves!!!
What a Princess !!! :rolleyes:
I wear gloves. I guess that makes me a princess which is what I've always wanted! 👸🏼🧤🤣 Funny though, I don't feel like a princess when cutting holly.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Cafe Joyeux is a wonderful coffee shop chain! I went to one on Champs-Elysees. The place was teeming with people on a breezy summer afternoon and the atmosphere was so positive! It was heart-warming to find a company that employs and trains people with mental and cognitive disabilities.

Cafe Joyeux's connection with the Nadaillacs would be, I assume, the company's owner Yann Lanzerac who is a member of the Emmanuel Catholic Charismatic Community and a staunch supporter of Pro-Life causes. Laetitia de Calbiac, Yorick's mother, and I'm guessing the entire family are active members of the Emmanuel Catholic Charismatic Community, and very much involved in the Pro-Life movement in France. The Emmanuel Community attracts a lot of influential middle-class, upper-class, old French noble families and entrepreneurs into its fold.
perhaps Phillipa and Fanny are members?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@Mrs Haversham
Another suggestion for interiors inspiration on Youtube is Quintessence hosted by Susanna Salk.
I also watch her vlogs. She doesn't put on airs and shows a variety of homes owned mostly by bonafide interior decorators from modern to very traditional.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I watched Lady of the Chateau productions. Very impressive what they achieved leading up to their workshop. I guess Manor and Maker are green with envy. The ladies achieved everything that M&M have been trying to do on a very tight budget. Money and taste is obviously no problem for these ladies. I love how they took what they had and made it better due. I don’t think it was done this way because of cost but due to their time constraints. I can just imagine the improvements they will make for next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The Fleurie's are utter brand whores aren't they: Tesla, Miele, Little Greene, Lancanche range cooker, the list goes on they don't want anything unbranded. I do believe status means a lot to them. Anna a bit like Fanny tries to ape the "posh accent" but says "somethink" and gets her grammar confused on occasion. It's a tell Anna I'm afraid.
Which fashion house did she work for? Wasn't Balenciaga was it? Their website says 'closed for renovations'... when have they not been renovating??

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It seems Castle ten Berge comes thru
Emory’s family. (More info in their insta stories)
Wiki says they acquired it in the early 19th centuary. I’m assuming it’s through his as he is the one who runs their social media i think.

Which fashion house did she work for? Wasn't Balenciaga was it? Their website says 'closed for renovations'... when have they not been renovating??
She worked for Balmain

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.