The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good Morning from the Beautiful Pacific Northwest! Pretty quiet on the Tattler front so far.
  • Young fellow with bad haircut and irritating voice from England setting tables has been mentioned a few times. Candles too tall was pointed out. Something to watch out for when setting you next holiday table. 🕯
  • Horse face Ed and sweet Anna also making a few headlines. Ed continuing to be an ass to Anna. 😡
  • A couple of style vloggers in the news, Audrey Coyne with the same irritating voice as whatshisname 🤫 along with Suzanna Salk and Marie Anne Lecoeur. 👗🛋
  • Sneaky Philip not Phyllis, with his Tesla. It's been suggested he should grow a beard due to his weak chin. 🧔🏻‍♀️
  • Pros and cons of treating tiles still being discussed 🧱
  • Pros and cons of wearing gloves while cutting holly also mentioned. 🧤
  • Lady of the Chateau continuing to get good reviews! 🏰 May have to watch that one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
It seems Castle ten Berge comes thru
Emory’s family. (More info in their insta stories)
Wiki says they acquired it in the early 19th centuary. I’m assuming it’s through his as he is the one who runs their social media i think.

She worked for Balmain
Ah, okay, thank you... I was sure it began with a B...

Reactions: 8
I also watch her vlogs. She doesn't put on airs and shows a variety of homes owned mostly by bonafide interior decorators from modern to very traditional.
Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you 😊
If I think of any, I'll let you know. Hope you feel better real soon! ❤‍🩹

• Heart
Reactions: 13
L
Good Morning from the Beautiful Pacific Northwest! Pretty quiet on the Tattler front so far.
  • Young fellow with bad haircut and irritating voice from England setting tables has been mentioned a few times. Candles too tall was pointed out. Something to watch out for when setting you next holiday table. 🕯
  • Horse face Ed and sweet Anna also making a few headlines. Ed continuing to be an ass to Anna. 😡
  • A couple of style vloggers in the news, Audrey Coyne with the same irritating voice as whatshisname 🤫 along with Suzanna Salk and Marie Anne Lecoeur. 👗🛋
  • Sneaky Philip not Phyllis, with his Tesla. It's been suggested he should grow a beard due to his weak chin. 🧔🏻‍♀️
  • Pros and cons of treating tiles still being discussed 🧱
  • Pros and cons of wearing gloves while cutting holly also mentioned. 🧤
  • Lady of the Chateau continuing to get good reviews! 🏰 May have to watch that one.
Love your morning roundups. yes do watch the ladies. FF button helps a lot 😂

I’m enjoying left coast revivals ATM. She has great taste. Hope u feel better soon.

oh I also enjoy housein habit on Insta. Her stories are the best.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The Mansplainer has set up yet another room in his passionless project which no doubt will be covered in plaster dust and torn apart again in a week or two. We saw this happen in dining room, other bedroom, entrance hall, living room etc… set up and then pulled apart. Just for vlog content???????

View attachment 1768295

“That’s a beautiful ribbon” said no straight man ever.

View attachment 1768305
Is Dame Fanny wearing crotchless knickers on her head?

• Haha
The whole room needs a make over. He needs a proper light over the table, those lamp shades are out dated, he needs proper sized art. The cheap looking table clothe is a no. The table would have looked better if he used the glass candle sticks. If he went outside and foraged, he could create a wonderful Centrepiece. He could go to charity shops and look for decor. He could create table clothes buy using a new bed sheet, shower curtain. He just needs to know how to sew to create them, very simple.
Yes about the lamps (yes about everything on your post, actually!) - I think the shades are just too large for the bases. It's like he took two buffet/candlestick lamps and shoved two oversized shades to compensate for the lack of overhead lighting. That said, he rents the place, so I guess he doesn't want to spend on a proper fixture for over the table. Who knows? I sort of feel badly for him, but he's making it way too easy to bust on him!

Reactions: 14
Congratulations @Beachgirl

i just watched Dan and Amauries...well how shall i put it...insight manshealth vlog??

its obvious the all need a strong drink to get through the cadeauvlogs....quit an insult to all those people who send this crap...if you read here stop it...

Dan is not mentally stable..i guess we all knew that...i get the feeling he and annalise didnt talk much...untill it came to a breakdown...Dan surely regrets it...but stilll refuses to listen to his now ex wife..Amaury follows Herr Nasty like a puppy on a leash..and he likes it..stupid man..

the vlog gives a lott away..if you can bare to watch it for half an hour..

they all seem to depend on YT, instagram and all that tit..Dan says Google controles your life..well not my life..thats for sure..:rolleyes:

all in all this vlog gives us somthing to talk about ..the whole weekend...love to read your thoughts..
I didn't get past the first 5 minutes...couldn't stop looking at Dan's 'worn' jeans...does he think he was being trendy? Did he borrow them from Mancub? Dan trying to philosophical is a stretch too far..that voice Dan is called Ego the innervoice is more of a feeling, intuition its a guidance system, leave Google to those who choose to find their answers externally all you need to know is within.

I have to admit that I have been getting a niggling thought that CD reminds me of something, and then I finally twigged it was like The Darling Buds of May - everything is lovely, with a lot of living and laughs...... Except the original never gave such a bad aftertaste. 😣😬🤢
And there's no Bradley Walsh x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It seems Castle ten Berge comes thru
Emory’s family. (More info in their insta stories)
Wiki says they acquired it in the early 19th centuary. I’m assuming it’s through his as he is the one who runs their social media i think.

Back in the early days of me watching Chateau Diaries, Stephanie and Philip visited and did a tour of Castle Ten Berghe. It is Emory's /Amaury's family's chateau. He mentioned going there as a child to visit his grandparents who lived there.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Heart
I shall take my leave of you all for a while, Mum finally lost her battle and passed away at home yesterday. I'm obviously on a time delay was ok yesterday but a wreck this morning. A bientot xx
@JackSpratt I'm sorry for your pain..your mum knew when it was time to leave the physical world. She didn't pass away, she passed over to non physical where energy never dies. In the times of deepest sorrow know that she is with you and always will be. Take care 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The linseed feeds the tomettes and stops them from becoming too dry. Once they dry out they become flakey and prone to cracking and disintegrating. It doesn't "polish" them, it gives them a protective layer. Fanny spoke about rubbing in beeswax and polishing them up. A time consuming job which needs to be repeated on a regular basis. And the beeswax residue needs to be scrapped off before any more linseed or wax can be applied. When replacing floor tiles the French simply do not use terracotta tomettes anymore because of the time consuming maintenance. Two of the houses we have bought in France had terracotta tomettes. When we viewed the houses I thought they were so beautiful, original and in keeping. After living with them for a while I couldn't wait to get rid of them! They were just too much work to keep looking good and they trapped all the dust and dirt.

Another use for linseed is conditioning the interior iron work of wood burning stoves. After sweeping and thoroughly cleaning the interior of the stove every interior surface is coated with linseed oil. We do this once a year and it looks beautiful, prior to the first fire. I wonder if fanny has invested in a cinder vacuum. Indispensable, otherwise you never really get them clean.
Don’t forget about using linseed oil on cricketbats😂😂

• Haha
You should watch it....they don't put out many videos, but when they do, they're usually pretty long. I fast forward through some of it when it gets tedious. Also, even though I hate recommending a video of Stephanie's, Julia and her family asked Stephanie to tour the video and film it before they bought it. If you haven't seen them, it was one of Stephanie's better videos. Julia and her family bought the chateau without touring it due to covid restrictions. It was a good video that gives you a really good look at what they purchased. It's split into two videos.

I think Phillip would benefit from growing a beard he is attractive (and funny) but definitely has a weak chin. I have obviously woken up hyper critical this morning best not start on the Prince of Pubes I will never stop LOL
I’ve note heard that description of a chin for years. But you are right he does.

Hardly a pigsty, it doesn't look as bad as the shitoo, 🤷
It was cluttered but lived in and there was no need to stand on ceremony for the visiting numpties who from what I remember had not bothered to change outfits so presumably not freshened up before travelling. They literally just jumped in the car and went on a wing and a prayer hoping they arrived before bedtime. Didn't SJ tell mancub he had driven across the lawn and he said "but there's the front door." No consideration for anyone.

• Haha
  • Angry
I never heard of putting oil and wax on tiles. Wood yes, tiles no.
1669743708207.gif

Holy Heck!

Dear Grannies,
This crazy cost of living crisis is hitting close to your YouTube home!
Your elegance icon Nicolas Fairfraud is really, really stuck! He's down to flipping pages of a book for vlog content!
Please get his Patreon funding going up so he can travel soon, he is in bad need of fresh inspiration.

View attachment 1768342

Meanwhile, Phyllis can now help himself to some new p0rn content!

View attachment 1768343
It can’t be any worse than Teabags vlog where he reads out the AGA manual 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I watched Lady of the Chateau productions. Very impressive what they achieved leading up to their workshop. I guess Manor and Maker are green with envy. The ladies achieved everything that M&M have been trying to do on a very tight budget. Money and taste is obviously no problem for these ladies. I love how they took what they had and made it better due. I don’t think it was done this way because of cost but due to their time constraints. I can just imagine the improvements they will make for next year.
I was also impressed they talked about their business planning, the brochure looked incredible! Beautiful quality and their every thought for this first workshop was the comfort of their guests. Definitely went over and above, even with the younger Sister and Dad not getting back to help, to present the rooms and chateau the best they could. All those extra jobs they tackled. The workshop looked amazing!

Where to even begin... I'll attempt to give a short version. Correct me if I am wrong, Tattlers, as I might have it out of order. Marie Wiik arrived at the Chateau as volunteer, and was hosting "Goddess Workshops". When the B&B season ended, it was just Fanny and she left at the Shitoo- Fanny love-bombed her, and they became BFFs. Marie started faffing about with flowers, pretty much did whatever she wanted and left after a year to go to the UK. Like a bad penny, she returned but Fanny had a houseful of new vols, and was no longer F4F's #1. Initially, FRK and Herr Nuti were BFFs, but then something turned. Marie initially had a floristry studio in the stables (which is now Amaury's workshop), but then was moved to where the Ye Olde Squirrel Gift Shoppe now is- and then was moved back into the stables, which were pretty disgusting. She wanted to just do floristry, but had to earn her keep by cleaning and cooking dinner (which were half-hearted offerings of chicken and brown sauce), along with making floral arrangements. She had become sullen and dour, and refused to take part of CD and Cadeaux. She had some business cards made up (which she felt made her legit!), set up her own YT channel, and started a Buy Me a Coffee and a Patreon. She was grifted a van by her followers, and high-tailed it our of there, planning to return to pick up her brocante furniture eventually. She then went to florist school in Bath, wandered around aimlessly a bit couch-surfing and house/pet watching at other people's homes, and eventually made her way to Haworth (on invitation of Nicki), where the community rallied around her with support, and set up a small floral studio. Jill (a business owner) and Nicki (who treated Marie like a daughter) even bought her a ticket home to Norway for Christmas after FRK cried poor. After returning from Norway, Marie decided she was hell bent on getting out of Haworth. She grifted around to other Chateax, and Nicki even let her stay in her own cottage in France. After that, FRK went mute for months- no mention of Nicki, or why she even left Haworth. She turned up in the Spring, exclaiming she was going to be a chef on a superyacht so she could travel the world in the style she deserves- that did not pan out- once again, no explanation. She recently turned back up, once again begging for money and promising new floral content on Instagram. SMH. She just wants people to fund her lifestyle without having to actually earn it. I actually rooted for her success when she went to Haworth- she was literally handed the keys, but she burned that bridge.
Chicken and brown sauce.. :ROFLMAO: you forgot her trip to South Africa for 6 weeks where she went on Safari...no one knows how or who funded that trip or even why she went and then she came home to Norway & is now making tutorial wreath (wreet) you tube vlogs which incidentally she hates you tube but hey if she keeps it short with no narrative it's not so bad. So back to square 1.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.