The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just coming here to post about Mr. Fairford!

Last video, he said he got a lot of comments about how soothing his voice was. I joked here and said he's next going to start doing ASMR videos. Would you look at the title of his latest video - he's labeled his video "ASMR"!!!!

Not very elegant now, is it? I seriously doubt his style icon, Bunny Williams, would approve!

P.S. That 'tablescape" is a wreck. I'm not a fan.
I have a holly tree in my garden and when I pick it for the vase at Christmas time ........ I do not put on bloody gloves!!!
What a Princess !!! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh Halcyon…you had to know the little French Debutante was straight! Give me your address and I’ll have a technician come to reset your gaydar, sugar! 😀😀😀
Hey @HalcyonOrganic ! The Gaydar Technician is at the door! Are you even at home?
He will also be stopping at the home of every Chateau Diaries patron who still believes Phyllis is a straight man. :ROFLMAO: ✌:cool:

for halcyon.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Billy has done a Q&A and his first question is slap bang aimed at Stephanie Jarvis. He has a budget for each room or area and if he started too many projects at once it would just run away and he would have no control…..as you were 😂.. I will continue watching. Just had to get this on here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Billy has done a Q&A and his first question is slap bang aimed at Stephanie Jarvis. He has a budget for each room or area and if he started too many projects at once it would just run away and he would have no control…..as you were 😂.. I will continue watching. Just had to get this on here.
Sad thing is that what Fanny started was achievable with a team of builders but she is keeping the money for other things and instead has Amaury who although skilled is doing all the jobs in the Chateau including now lighting fires, feeding animals and to top it all he is slower than molasses in January

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Holy Heck!

Dear Grannies,
This crazy cost of living crisis is hitting close to your YouTube home!
Your elegance icon Nicolas Fairfraud is really, really stuck! He's down to flipping pages of a book for vlog content!
Please get his Patreon funding going up so he can travel soon, he is in bad need of fresh inspiration.

View attachment 1768342

Meanwhile, Phyllis can now help himself to some new p0rn content!

View attachment 1768343
…. So, he uses a transparent white/green tablecloth as base, puts scarlet red saucers on it. What’s up with the water glasses? And.. is that ivy that he uses as plants?

Reactions: 11
Holy Heck!

Dear Grannies,
This crazy cost of living crisis is hitting close to your YouTube home!
Your elegance icon Nicolas Fairfraud is really, really stuck! He's down to flipping pages of a book for vlog content!
Please get his Patreon funding going up so he can travel soon, he is in bad need of fresh inspiration.

View attachment 1768342

Meanwhile, Phyllis can now help himself to some new p0rn content!

View attachment 1768343
I think Nicholas got his inspo for book sharing from a woman who already does this on Youtube.
Her name . . . The Tartan Topiary.

And his haircut.
It came to me while I was watching a Best of Little Britain.
Sebastian, the Prime Minister's gay personal assistant has the identical style.

@Mrs Haversham
Another suggestion for interiors inspiration on Youtube is Quintessence hosted by Susanna Salk.

• Haha
I don't think it's slippery. A friend of mine put in real linoleum floors in her kitchen a couple of years ago, which is made with linseed oil and other "stuff" - the brand was Marmoleum. Two weekends ago, she did her first maintenance on it (you don't have to do anything to it for two or three years), which is to clean it really well, let it dry and then put linseed oil on it. I was there this past weekend and it wasn't slippery at all. I don't feel it's a wax, more of like a conditioner.

I don't understand putting it on brickwork, though. Like you said, the brick/stone is porous, so what's the point? I googled to see if there were any applications for it being done this way and while there were several hits that said you could use a mixture of turpentine and linseed oil on bricks, stone and concrete, I couldn't really find a tutorial to explain why you'd do this versus some other product. Plenty of them talking about using it to rejuvenate a wood floor, but nothing really explaining why you'd do so on anything else. I couldn't even find something to explain why you'd use a mixture of linseed oil and turpentine - most of the tutorials were using a ready made product.
The linseed feeds the tomettes and stops them from becoming too dry. Once they dry out they become flakey and prone to cracking and disintegrating. It doesn't "polish" them, it gives them a protective layer. Fanny spoke about rubbing in beeswax and polishing them up. A time consuming job which needs to be repeated on a regular basis. And the beeswax residue needs to be scrapped off before any more linseed or wax can be applied. When replacing floor tiles the French simply do not use terracotta tomettes anymore because of the time consuming maintenance. Two of the houses we have bought in France had terracotta tomettes. When we viewed the houses I thought they were so beautiful, original and in keeping. After living with them for a while I couldn't wait to get rid of them! They were just too much work to keep looking good and they trapped all the dust and dirt.

Another use for linseed is conditioning the interior iron work of wood burning stoves. After sweeping and thoroughly cleaning the interior of the stove every interior surface is coated with linseed oil. We do this once a year and it looks beautiful, prior to the first fire. I wonder if fanny has invested in a cinder vacuum. Indispensable, otherwise you never really get them clean.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What!!!!
You don't know who Shane Warne is.
An Aussie cricketing icon.
A god to some.

A bogan to the end. (my opinion only)
He died this year in Thailand while 'on holiday' with his buddies after a visit from some 'laydees'.
The country nearly went into a state of national mourning.

At one point he was promoting Advanced Hair Studios when he was receiving treatment for hair loss.

Dick is now like a walking stomach.
If he doesn't do something about his gut, he will be in an early grave.
Mr. Strawbrit (like Shrek and Gay Bear Shrek Jr.) is a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Sadly, almost the whole family except his older son seem to have weight issues - clearly from learned behaviour…. Food addiction and careless/reckless eating.

Reactions: 10
Just watched the Lady of the château vlog do they ever put Dame F4F to shame, they have style and skills and money, hard working too, the after was stunning and their workshop looked wonderful.
But…. Do they not have bigger clothes. They all seem to be squeezing in our out of everything…
They are an amazing team. A fantastic event. MM no hope….
And a very beautiful chateau and tremendous grounds

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Mr. Strawbrit (like Shrek and Gay Bear Shrek Jr.) is a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Sadly, almost the whole family except his older son seem to have weight issues - clearly from learned behaviour…. Food addiction and careless/reckless eating.
It is lovely to get kids involved in food and spark a passion, but in a measured way. Poor little Arthur seems to be quite portly for a 9 year old boy, he is a charming confident little lad but he is constantly being fed and children in France are much more slight and he will probably get bullied at some point. This is horrid to say about a child but Angel and Dick are in charge of their kids diet and eating at this juncture and it is a medical fact that overweight children tend to continue to have weight problems through life

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have a holly tree in my garden and when I pick it for the vase at Christmas time ........ I do not put on bloody gloves!!!
What a Princess !!! :rolleyes:
He put those latex gloves on because ASMR artists….use them.
Eg The FeMalevASMR channel

some like Dog outfits…
Yoghurt,
Fanny opening gifts and reading out excitedly🙄😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
But…. Do they not have bigger clothes. They all seem to be squeezing in our out of everything…
They are an amazing team. A fantastic event. MM no hope….
And a very beautiful chateau and tremendous grounds
'Do they not have bigger clothes. They all seem to be squeezing in our out of everything'

Especially the younger sister.
I won't say anymore or I will be stoned for fat shaming.

It is lovely to get kids involved in food and spark a passion, but in a measured way. Poor little Arthur seems to be quite portly for a 9 year old boy, he is a charming confident little lad but he is constantly being fed and children in France are much more slight and he will probably get bullied at some point. This is horrid to say about a child but Angel and Dick are in charge of their kids diet and eating at this juncture and it is a medical fact that overweight children tend to continue to have weight problems through life
I have been thinking the very same thing since I started watching them.
It's so unhealthy.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
BINGO
Nothing says "There's no place like home" like 12 travels per annum, along with an apartment in London, that she visited once a month before the pandemic...
Also, the château was just a holiday home/party pad/overgrown playhouse for her to play princess in.
But then she discovered that she could make money with the I poor princess in the castle scam and the rest is history.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I can just see him and the other serial gift givers squirming excitedly in their seats as Fanny opens their gifts accompanied by oohs and aahs. Do you suppose it's some kind of sexual gratification thing? 🤔 🤪
My husband taught a boy who grew up to become notorious in Melbourne as 'The Hedge Burner'.
He specifically targeted the suburb I live in and the neighbouring suburb because of the many properties with beautiful cypress hedges.
Anyway he was eventually caught and sent to a youth justice centre in the country.
His obsession was so great that when he was on day release he would set hay sheds and bales alight on neighbouring farms.
His pyromania was sexually motivated.

• Wow
'Do they not have bigger clothes. They all seem to be squeezing in our out of everything'

Especially the younger sister.
I won't say anymore or I will be stoned for fat shaming.

I have been thinking the very same thing since I started watching them.
It's so unhealthy.
I must say the kids are delightful and Dick and Angel seem to spend a lot of time with them doing wonderful things. Dick's tummy is immense now and I am not fat shaming as I could do with losing a few pounds not as many as Dick and Angel mind you. I imagine it is hard for Dick to get clothes in France and the kids are definitely taller too for their age than French clothes which tend to come up smaller than in the UK

Back to the smug Fleurie's who seemed to be showing more humility this week and desperately stating they didn't buy a boat-mmm seems like a long trip to make if you're not serious about purchasing-just saying. Re the Tesla I imagine they are doing a lease not just renting it for the holiday- a lease on a Tesla for a 3 year contract for 10,000 miles per annum would be well in excess of £600 per month with a six month deposit paid down that is not refundable. They will get charged for any scratches, or damage when the contract is up. I imagine in which case with a dog and kids they are doing lease to buy but who knows and they will never come clean. I also agree with another poster that they will sell this house when they're finished and move on. This is not going to be their home in 20 years. On another note i.e unfinished jobs what happened to the Fleurie's gates?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
He put those latex gloves on because ASMR artists….use them.
Eg The FeMalevASMR channel

some like Dog outfits…
Yoghurt,
Fanny opening gifts and reading out excitedly🙄😂😂
Ok, I have a confession… I don’t know what ASMR means? I’m too scared to Google just incase I get a FeMale in a dog outfit slathered in yoghurt followed by pop ups that’ll make me go blind 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I must say the kids are delightful and Dick and Angel seem to spend a lot of time with them doing wonderful things. Dick's tummy is immense now and I am not fat shaming as I could do with losing a few pounds not as many as Dick and Angel mind you. I imagine it is hard for Dick to get clothes in France and the kids are definitely taller too for their age than French clothes which tend to come up smaller than in the UK

Back to the smug Fleurie's who seemed to be showing more humility this week and desperately stating they didn't buy a boat-mmm seems like a long trip to make if you're not serious about purchasing-just saying. Re the Tesla I imagine they are doing a lease not just renting it for the holiday- a lease on a Tesla for a 3 year contract for 10,000 miles per annum would be well in excess of £600 per month with a six month deposit paid down that is not refundable. They will get charged for any scratches, or damage when the contract is up. I imagine in which case with a dog and kids they are doing lease to buy but who knows and they will never come clean. I also agree with another poster that they will sell this house when they're finished and move on. This is not going to be their home in 20 years. On another note i.e unfinished jobs what happened to the Fleurie's gates?
I didn't say you were fat shaming JGW. ❤
I agree though their lifestyle choices will catch up with them, especially Dick.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.