The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holy Heck!

Dear Grannies,
This crazy cost of living crisis is hitting close to your YouTube home!
Your elegance icon Nicolas Fairfraud is really, really stuck! He's down to flipping pages of a book for vlog content!
Please get his Patreon funding going up so he can travel soon, he is in bad need of fresh inspiration.

nf25.png

Meanwhile, Phyllis can now help himself to some new p0rn content!

nf26.png

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I personally think that the fleuries didn’t hire the Tesla but bought it. I also think that the influencer bought the boat. They just pretend that they haven’t done either because of the comments and backlash they’ve got. All smoke and mirrors learned from the shitelaine!
I can’t figure out why one would rent a smaller car than you already have to go go on an epic road trip. They had it packed to the roof. Poor Ziggy squashes in the back. The SUV would of made the trip more comfortable for them all.

F4F mentioned in a vlog , cannot recall which…. That this Christmas was really going to be a big family one for a change…
I wonder if Amourys brother and family will turn up?
Phi phi also has a brother?
And more to the point what about Scotman

I don’t think Larkin or Potts will be there.
We have not seen Fanny make the Christmas cake this year? Or anything coming to that.
If the winter salon was not the British😲 tv project room for decorating, what was that exclusive?
No sign of a tree anywhere.
Will Kirsty do the wreath on the gate?

Jared is busy but doing what? His partner is obviously the free cook because he is staying there…
There was mention of Marc and Amy visiting….
as for those silly little wood burners.
why did she not choose some more period appropriate ones…they look as if they should be in a Scandinavian cabin.
I don’t think her friends want to play with her anymore. So she’s stuck with the family.
I don’t think Mark and Amy will be visiting her anytime soon, but then again we all thought they were above Stephanie Jarvis and her antics. We were wrong.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
He seems like a confident individual who knows what he’s about. The heap must have a special place in his heart, seems like he has spent some time there as a younger child at various times. Maybe he is between jobs or has had a change of heart from what he went to post secondary for. He graduated 2 years and 1 month ago from Mechanical Engineering specialty – Design Engineering. His garb certainly seems to be promoting Café Joyeux- wether this is an independent or family connection- who knows. It’s very interesting and there’s got to be more to it. Maybe the family want to buy back the heap or some scheme; SSB has mentioned that it (astonishingly) hasn’t gained much in value. For such a strong family connection, Nadaillac, it seems unlikely that Yorick would on his own choose to come as a volunteer🤷‍♀️. Who knows.
Last week or week b4, I posted a pic of him doing a handstand near the sea- I feel like that’s what I think of him and vice versa (if that can make sense)!
View attachment 1768316

Oh my. When I was 19-20, I travelled with 3 girlfriends in our van from Alberta to Mexico… gone for several months. We spent a month in L.A. and went to a few game shows as part of the audience. When we were interviewed by the Price is Right producers, I was so scared that I’d get chosen to be a contestant. I couldn’t back out and told them that I was sleeping in my van a few blocks away and loved animals🤣🤣🤦. So yah- there was no speed boat potential there….

What is that called now… a something tickler or duster🤣🤢
Cafe Joyeux is a wonderful coffee shop chain! I went to one on Champs-Elysees. The place was teeming with people on a breezy summer afternoon and the atmosphere was so positive! It was heart-warming to find a company that employs and trains people with mental and cognitive disabilities.

Cafe Joyeux's connection with the Nadaillacs would be, I assume, the company's owner Yann Lanzerac who is a member of the Emmanuel Catholic Charismatic Community and a staunch supporter of Pro-Life causes. Laetitia de Calbiac, Yorick's mother, and I'm guessing the entire family are active members of the Emmanuel Catholic Charismatic Community, and very much involved in the Pro-Life movement in France. The Emmanuel Community attracts a lot of influential middle-class, upper-class, old French noble families and entrepreneurs into its fold.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
never heard of the combination turpentine and linseedoil....but i have to say we scrub our begian bluestone with old fashion dutch green soap...the other floors are parquet...we use pure linseedoil to get them nice..it works very well and it is cheap...
I never heard of putting oil and wax on tiles. Wood yes, tiles no.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@Marquis de Potpourri beat me to it. Diapers.

Speaking of diapers, I'm reminded of another yucky roommate story.
In the early 2000s I rented a room from some creepy guy. He always wore leisure pants that were poofy around the waist and tight at the legs - like Shakespeare - and made a swooshing sound when he walked. One day his bedroom door was ajar and I spied boxes of adult diapers so I thought maybe he's got a condition. FFWD a few months and he's got a kid (19 or so) visiting from out of town. I come out of my room one day to find the kid wearing diapers and vacuuming the hallway. The handful of other times I saw the kid he was wearing diapers and sitting at my landlord's feet. While the kid was visiting, I also spied a large dog crate in my landlord's room - he had no dog.
It takes all kinds.
The baby fetish with diapers, meh.
The dog crate, that's another level.
Sometimes when I think something can't get any weirder, boom, something even more perverse comes along.

I can just see him and the other serial gift givers squirming excitedly in their seats as Fanny opens their gifts accompanied by oohs and aahs. Do you suppose it's some kind of sexual gratification thing? 🤔 🤪
Anything is possible.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
If it's so warm in the HMN, why is everyone wearing lots of layers, sweaters, down vests, etc.? They aren't dressing like it's really warm....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Well, I have no idea who Shane Warne is but if you say so. 🤣
What!!!!
You don't know who Shane Warne is.
An Aussie cricketing icon.
A god to some.

A bogan to the end. (my opinion only)
He died this year in Thailand while 'on holiday' with his buddies after a visit from some 'laydees'.
The country nearly went into a state of national mourning.

At one point he was promoting Advanced Hair Studios when he was receiving treatment for hair loss.

He really does, what do you think it is, booze? Or dairy?

...and they play it on repeat :sick:
Dick is now like a walking stomach.
If he doesn't do something about his gut, he will be in an early grave.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Cafe Joyeux is a wonderful coffee shop chain! I went to one on Champs-Elysees. The place was teeming with people on a breezy summer afternoon and the atmosphere was so positive! It was heart-warming to find a company that employs and trains people with mental and cognitive disabilities.

Cafe Joyeux's connection with the Nadaillacs would be, I assume, the company's owner Yann Lanzerac who is a member of the Emmanuel Catholic Charismatic Community and a staunch supporter of Pro-Life causes. Laetitia de Calbiac, Yorick's mother, and I'm guessing the entire family are active members of the Emmanuel Catholic Charismatic Community, and very much involved in the Pro-Life movement in France. The Emmanuel Community attracts a lot of influential middle-class, upper-class, old French noble families and entrepreneurs into its fold.
Thanks for that info! I had looked into Yann but at the time didn’t connect the dots on the religious connections. In all that, I forgot my initial intention while reading about Café Joyeux. It’s an amazing organization and I hope to visit some day.
AND… Angel Eyes remains Angel Eyes- through mine; seems quite a ‘catch’!!

Reactions: 13
If it's so warm in the HMN, why is everyone wearing lots of layers, sweaters, down vests, etc.? They aren't dressing like it's really warm....
They installed three wood stoves in three rooms (out of how many), and the other rooms are still cold. It should be taken into account that the real cold hasn't even started yet. When the space is heated with wood stoves, it is difficult to regulate the temperature. So, in one room it is "very hot" (perhaps it is right now because the outside temperatures are not particularly low), and in the others it is cold. They still have to have a lot of layers of clothes on, poor thing.
I am particularly annoyed by this enthusiasm for the warmth of the rooms. Morons, they could have done it a long time ago. It's not like they had to wait for some new, revolutionary discovery, so now they're enjoying it.
And one more thing, I've always thought, the whole Chateau doesn't have to be heated, but the rooms you use in winter. They were not able to do that either for 16 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Holy Heck!

Dear Grannies,
This crazy cost of living crisis is hitting close to your YouTube home!
Your elegance icon Nicolas Fairfraud is really, really stuck! He's down to flipping pages of a book for vlog content!
Please get his Patreon funding going up so he can travel soon, he is in bad need of fresh inspiration.

View attachment 1768342

Meanwhile, Phyllis can now help himself to some new p0rn content!

View attachment 1768343
I was just coming here to post about Mr. Fairford!

Last video, he said he got a lot of comments about how soothing his voice was. I joked here and said he's next going to start doing ASMR videos. Would you look at the title of his latest video - he's labeled his video "ASMR"!!!!

Not very elegant now, is it? I seriously doubt his style icon, Bunny Williams, would approve!

P.S. That 'tablescape" is a wreck. I'm not a fan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Last video, he said he got a lot of comments about how soothing his voice was. I joked here and said he's next going to start doing ASMR videos. Would you look at the title of his latest video - he's labeled his video "ASMR"!!!!

Not very elegant now, is it? I seriously doubt his style icon, Bunny Williams, would approve!

I was quite surprised when he said his tablescape was quite masculine. I had to go back and listen to it a couple of times to make sure I heard him correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is the winter salon and we now know it needs redecoration. SJ words not mine.

That was pre advent flogs. When she hadn't had cash.
Ah, thank you, wrong room. It could use one though...and an overhaul.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I never heard of putting oil and wax on tiles. Wood yes, tiles no.
This is strange to me also! I recently rubbed linseed oil into the the oak surface of an antique Singer table. I do it every year. If anything wet gets put on it, I can leave a mark. SSB’s stones are very porous, so I don’t get it. I guess the wax seals it in but on a floor? You’d have to wax it every week?
786032A1-DAEF-40E5-9C2E-3341FFEDDA3C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Dear Diary,
What a dark day it has been.

- Angel-Eyes is straight. But let’s hope it’s those menopause trolls lying again.

- We don’t want anything Jewish in here.
Oh Halcyon…you had to know the little French Debutante was straight! Give me your address and I’ll have a technician come to reset your gaydar, sugar! 😀😀😀

9:43 PM here in California, little tipsy, but thankful for all of the women who have come forward and spoken up today. Don’t ever stop being an advocate for your healthcare!! Same thing echoed by one of my dearest friends today! So sad and disturbing that healthcare providers don’t listen to there patients. 😖😖😖

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I was quite surprised when he said his tablescape was quite masculine. I had to go back and listen to it a couple of times to make sure I heard him correctly.
I haven't watched it yet, but I bet you had trouble hearing him! He's probably concentrating "extra" on that ASMR voice of his!

That table just doesn't read "holiday" to me. It's a little mish-mash, at least for him. I get that he's going to use his own stuff that he's selling, like the napkins, but the napkins feel more like Spring and don't really match the tablecloth. Also, those candlesticks are ridiculously tall for the size of the table and he's got two of them on there! When he set the table in the last video, even without the candles in them, they were top-heavy because the bases on them are so small relative to the height. He's got much better stuff squirreled away in those cabinets of his that he could use - I know, because I watch him on the regular (don't ask me why.....must be because I find his voice so soothing!).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I haven't watched it yet, but I bet you had trouble hearing him! He's probably concentrating "extra" on that ASMR voice of his!

That table just doesn't read "holiday" to me. It's a little mish-mash, at least for him. I get that he's going to use his own stuff that he's selling, like the napkins, but the napkins feel more like Spring and don't really match the tablecloth. Also, those candlesticks are ridiculously tall for the size of the table and he's got two of them on there! When he set the table in the last video, even without the candles in them, they were top-heavy because the bases on them are so small relative to the height. He's got much better stuff squirreled away in those cabinets of his that he could use - I know, because I watch him on the regular (don't ask me why.....must be because I find his voice so soothing!).
I agree with you on the table scape (especially the candlesticks). And maybe I did misunderstand him. I again went back to listen to it, and I'm now not sure what he said, but it initially sounded like "masculine" to my ears.

Reactions: 10
This is strange to me also! I recently rubbed linseed oil into the the oak surface of an antique Singer table. I do it every year. If anything wet gets put on it, I can leave a mark. SSB’s stones are very porous, so I don’t get it. I guess the wax seals it in but on a floor? You’d have to wax it every week?
I don't think it's slippery. A friend of mine put in real linoleum floors in her kitchen a couple of years ago, which is made with linseed oil and other "stuff" - the brand was Marmoleum. Two weekends ago, she did her first maintenance on it (you don't have to do anything to it for two or three years), which is to clean it really well, let it dry and then put linseed oil on it. I was there this past weekend and it wasn't slippery at all. I don't feel it's a wax, more of like a conditioner.

I don't understand putting it on brickwork, though. Like you said, the brick/stone is porous, so what's the point? I googled to see if there were any applications for it being done this way and while there were several hits that said you could use a mixture of turpentine and linseed oil on bricks, stone and concrete, I couldn't really find a tutorial to explain why you'd do this versus some other product. Plenty of them talking about using it to rejuvenate a wood floor, but nothing really explaining why you'd do so on anything else. I couldn't even find something to explain why you'd use a mixture of linseed oil and turpentine - most of the tutorials were using a ready made product.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They installed three wood stoves in three rooms (out of how many), and the other rooms are still cold. It should be taken into account that the real cold hasn't even started yet. When the space is heated with wood stoves, it is difficult to regulate the temperature. So, in one room it is "very hot" (perhaps it is right now because the outside temperatures are not particularly low), and in the others it is cold. They still have to have a lot of layers of clothes on, poor thing.
I am particularly annoyed by this enthusiasm for the warmth of the rooms. Morons, they could have done it a long time ago. It's not like they had to wait for some new, revolutionary discovery, so now they're enjoying it.
And one more thing, I've always thought, the whole Chateau doesn't have to be heated, but the rooms you use in winter. They were not able to do that either for 16 years.
I think the pressure is on Stephanie to ensure the 'gathering' areas of the chateau will be warm enough for visiting family over Christmas.

Is anyone familiar with Audrey Coyne?
She is a fashion/style vlogger.

She and Nicky boy are each other's greatest fans.
And she's has got the same whispery style of talking.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I agree with you on the table scape (especially the candlesticks). And maybe I did misunderstand him. I again went back to listen to it, and I'm now not sure what he said, but it initially sounded like "masculine" to my ears.
The whole room needs a make over. He needs a proper light over the table, those lamp shades are out dated, he needs proper sized art. The cheap looking table clothe is a no. The table would have looked better if he used the glass candle sticks. If he went outside and foraged, he could create a wonderful Centrepiece. He could go to charity shops and look for decor. He could create table clothes buy using a new bed sheet, shower curtain. He just needs to know how to sew to create them, very simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.