The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
F4F mentioned in a vlog , cannot recall which…. That this Christmas was really going to be a big family one for a change…
I wonder if Amourys brother and family will turn up?
Phi phi also has a brother?
And more to the point what about Scotman

I don’t think Larkin or Potts will be there.
We have not seen Fanny make the Christmas cake this year? Or anything coming to that.
If the winter salon was not the British😲 tv project room for decorating, what was that exclusive?
No sign of a tree anywhere.
Will Kirsty do the wreath on the gate?

Jared is busy but doing what? His partner is obviously the free cook because he is staying there…
There was mention of Marc and Amy visiting….
as for those silly little wood burners.
why did she not choose some more period appropriate ones…they look as if they should be in a Scandinavian cabin.
But... nothing is period appropriate.. Snorts buys everything in Emmaus (sp) every week, doesn't matter what the year.

never heard of the combination turpentine and linseedoil....but i have to say we scrub our begian bluestone with old fashion dutch green soap...the other floors are parquet...we use pure linseedoil to get them nice..it works very well and it is cheap...
Well that's where you differ... soap...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
[
Off-Topic Rant:

Why don't doctors listen to Women? Why don't they take us seriously?

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

I am hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.
Trying to placate the children and my elderly parents that things will be okay.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
Oh no! I hope it can be removed safely and does not recur! Hugs and love, and hopes for a fast recovery! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In F4F's latest flog spotted another thing she was going to do, but obviously hasn't. The list grows and grows. When she had the doors replaced in the entrance hall that is now a dining room, (despite tonight returning dining to the Cantonese takeaway room) she said she must replace the oh so tacky white plastic door handle -guess what still a white plastic door handle. The floor scrubbing flog was bloody boring, Amaury's mask of the og so sensitive male slipped when Fanny pounced on him and made him jump. As for the smug Fleurie's it was very satisfying to see them try and back peddle, but you don't fool me.

I do understand ..... many years ago Doctors fobbed me off with "period pain" ...... it went on for years and in the end my right ovary burst and I got peritonitis - a cyst burst and that was the end of that ovary.
Many cysts are not cancer and your mass could be a cyst. They really hurt , especially when you move. So thats all the bloody time!
I am keeping you in my prayers Granola Chic and if you do not like a doctor..... get another opinion or another doctor! We are paying them!
I have had arrogant doctors , male and female !!
Make sure you have good pain relief after that stomach surgery ---- especially if you get that tablet to take to the hospital ..... sometimes I laugh so much reading here and with your surgery , it could hurt laughing - a lot !! lol
Big hugs!
Try not to worry it is probably polycystic ovaries very common and very painful. I hope all goes well for you and don't stress xxxx

This is the winter salon and we now know it needs redecoration. SJ words not mine.

That was pre advent flogs. When she hadn't had cash.
why do the floor before repainting we ask ourselves (sigh)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I know a bit about this subject as I am an Interior Designer having met the educational and exam requirements to qualify for licensure in my state. Barely half of the US states have a title/practice act for the profession of “Interior Design”. Typically if a state has a title act, it is to use the title of “Registered Interior Designer (RID)” of “Certified Interior Designer (CID)”, but in most states anyone can still call themselves an Interior Designer and they do. You've shared that you live in Louisiana, Louisiana is one the few US states/districts/territories with a Practice Act for the profession of Interior Design (alongside Nevada, DC, and Puerto Rico).

The use of “Interior Designer” has frequently replaced “Interior Decorator” which was more common a few decades ago. I believe HGTV popularized the term Interior Designer to replace Interior Decorator as (IMO) they misuse the term.

View attachment 1767212

From a professional perspective I wholeheartedly agree that there is a big difference between Interior Decorator and Interior Designer (and Interior Architect, which has no legal standing in the US). I would use the terms in different contexts, but many view them as interchangeable (as the Merriam Webster dictionary does).

The relevant professional organizations for Interior Designers in the US are NCIDQ (licensing exam), ASID, and IIDA.

However my point remains the same. Carole from Chateau de la Ferte is an Interior Decorator and in the UK that has a different definition than in the US (and there is probably a lot more nuance in the way it’s used in the UK than I included here). This is why she is has skill installing wallpaper and painting techniques. I don’t always agree with her choices, but she and Adrian work hard and don’t half-a$$ their projects. This I appreciate.
Interestingly I flicked channels tonight looking for something that wasn't football and it was an old episode of Escape to the Chateau DIY when Dick used to do the voiceover and Carole was starting work on her oriental bedroom and she said that she had done an interior decorating course, in my books that could be anything starting from a once a week night class in the local church hall.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Interestingly I flicked channels tonight looking for something that wasn't football and it was an old episode of Escape to the Chateau DIY when Dick used to do the voiceover and Carole was starting work on her oriental bedroom and she said that she had done an interior decorating course, in my books that could be anything starting from a once a week night class in the local church hall.
middleaged people...renovating a chateau....oh my... :rolleyes: there wont be much time to enjoy it...if you even get to finish it all..hoping there is still some money left.....i dont understand it...at all...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
what is Yorick doing there...thats what i want to know...did he have a nervous breakdown from work or something...we all know...that place is filled with disturbed people..not a place for a sane person at all..

i get the feeling Fanny brought snorts in because she needed a replacement for teabeg...well that fart blew out in her grifting face...leaving a nasty smell....but why is she calling him her boyfriend when even an old fashioned grandma can see he is the most obvious gay in town???

i can tell you....we onces had a friend..a young woman..from a very good family...she had some difficulties at home...so she asked us if she could stay for a few weeks....offcourse...no problem...the house is big enough...but that girl never had one shower or bath in the whole month she stayed with us...our housekepper said to me...that girls isnt using any towels i have left in the bathroom..she didnt touch the products...I said no...didnt you notice the smell.... :eek: we kept giving her polite hints that she had to wash...in the end she left...i wont reply what our housekeeper sadi when she had to clean out her room...
I'm honestly dreading it.. I know the bed is a goner, I'm just hoping the cologne he douses in isn't an atomizer or the rug will be toast too... So I decorated for xmas 2 weeks ago, knowing I'm going to have a job on my hands this week.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Amoury mentioned something in the ETRF recent vlog about working in the grand salon and finished after 5 months.( I have broken a bone in my fooot so have time but can I listen again 🤪]
I think Fanny has dismissed all paid staff. No one is going to be there as she has run out of funds.
Amoury is now the odd job man? Who know when she filmed Amoury and frightened the life out of him. Maybe September?
Nick is not in the woods?
Why did Dave the cleaner not do the floor or has he gone now no bnb.
And maybe she has had to say to Squirrel you will be a volunteer for a few months…..

No there was a comment from a viewer saying that a patron member was asking if she had received them. One of the 8000 unanswered emails and messages 🙄

if i saw right, maman isabel said someone with surname this or thijs sent them,

Reactions: 9
I believe she’s stated that she was a decorator, which in British English means she painted and hung wallpaper. North American English uses decorator similar to Interior Designer.
Thank you Plant Person. ❤
And thanks for clarifying the terminology.

I thought she may have been what we call in Australia a painter and decorator.
And that she may have developed skills in decorative finishes.
Here, an interior designer helps with room layout, furniture choices, fabric choices etc.

Each has a different skill set.

Reactions: 12
Why is Dan buying stuffed foxes when he doesn't have a permanent abode? And why is Fanny using HIS future content to fill her flog?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
middleaged people...renovating a chateau....oh my... :rolleyes: there wont be much time to enjoy it...if you even get to finish it all..hoping there is still some money left.....i dont understand it...at all...
It does make you wonder, I agree.
For some, I think they enjoy the process.
Carole and Adrian, and Tim and Felicity at Chateau Purnon.

Reactions: 15
Bugger me backwards-Dick Strawbridge is wearing nail varnish-is Phi Phi his estranged love child ha ha-afterall Dick is a big eater, bald as a mutant walrus and also sports bizarre facial hair

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I agree, wholeheartedly with you.
I initially studied in the UK, garden and landscaping design - physical hard landscaping included, which I loved!
Worked on a few gardens featured within the most prestigious UK gardening TV shows, e.g. Chelsea, Hampton Court etc.
Then, plants and planting designs, i.e. soft landscaping - including learning CAD for demonstrating to clients the overall impact, including 3D demonstration.
And, finally, garden history - which was my absolute favourite element of everything I ever learnt. Just so truly fascinating as it covered history, religion, traditions, cultures, industrial advances and social history from the medieval era right up to present day.
I worked on Queen Eleanor’s Garden a recreation of a medieval herber 12 years ago now….garden history fascinating. It’s why I am appalled at what is being done to the dumps grounds. Davey is a car park planter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
In previous years d’Arwhore the floor scrubber really talked up advent before advent. This year - nothing. There has hardly been mention of Christmas.
In fact, if December 1 would be first advent vlog why were we not told that during yesterday’s vlog???? Are there even going to be daily advent vlogs???? This just seems very, very strange this year. Is advent disappearing like all the gang of volunteers and workers? Clara, do spill the beans. What’s going on?

Reactions: 10
In F4F's latest flog spotted another thing she was going to do, but obviously hasn't. The list grows and grows. When she had the doors replaced in the entrance hall that is now a dining room, (despite tonight returning dining to the Cantonese takeaway room) she said she must replace the oh so tacky white plastic door handle -guess what still a white plastic door handle. The floor scrubbing flog was bloody boring, Amaury's mask of the og so sensitive male slipped when Fanny pounced on him and made him jump. As for the smug Fleurie's it was very satisfying to see them try and back peddle, but you don't fool me.

Try not to worry it is probably polycystic ovaries very common and very painful. I hope all goes well for you and don't stress xxxx

why do the floor before repainting we ask ourselves (sigh)
But redecorating is just switching out stained settees with different stained settees. Replacing stained throw pillows with freshly stained throw pillows. All circa 1975 because Snorts is in charge now

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Better get ready for a lot more pre-stuff during advent and Christmas too. She wants it to be a private celebration with "only" family and thinks she can pull it off by narrating as usual. She's delusional, but hey, we already knew that. A lot of her true fans (and let's be fait, she has some...not as many as she would like us to believe, but still, some) will probably buy into it anyway and that's all she needs for now. Stephanie Jarvis has never worried much about the future.

Private???? Past Advent blogs rarely showed any one who didn’t want to be shown? What needs to be private? Truth be told she does not want to feature the gay Twink’s parents or The Argentinian’s family in anything filmed for the vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
what is Yorick doing there...thats what i want to know...did he have a nervous breakdown from work or something...we all know...that place is filled with disturbed people..not a place for a sane person at all..

i get the feeling Fanny brought snorts in because she needed a replacement for teabeg...well that fart blew out in her grifting face...leaving a nasty smell....but why is she calling him her boyfriend when even an old fashioned grandma can see he is the most obvious gay in town???

i can tell you....we onces had a friend..a young woman..from a very good family...she had some difficulties at home...so she asked us if she could stay for a few weeks....offcourse...no problem...the house is big enough...but that girl never had one shower or bath in the whole month she stayed with us...our housekepper said to me...that girls isnt using any towels i have left in the bathroom..she didnt touch the products...I said no...didnt you notice the smell.... :eek: we kept giving her polite hints that she had to wash...in the end she left...i wont reply what our housekeeper sadi when she had to clean out her room...
Do not worry, I shower every day. With shower gels. And towels.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.