The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Davy's back.

It must be cold everywhere else in the farmhouse that Davy chooses to work in the same room as they are filming the gift grab.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
In fact, if December 1 would be first advent vlog why were we not told that during yesterday’s vlog???? Are there even going to be daily advent vlogs???? This just seems very, very strange this year. Is advent disappearing like all the gang of volunteers and workers? Clara, do spill the beans. What’s going on?
Perhaps she has put the farmhouse on the market??
That woman will never renovate that place and I have always had a feeling she Hates the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Off-Topic Rant:

Why don't doctors listen to Women? Why don't they take us seriously?

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

I am hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.
Trying to placate the children and my elderly parents that things will be okay.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
I hope that the result is not serious and can relate to how anxious, frustrated and scared you may be. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. 💗
Also, to @JackSpratt- I’m so sorry for your loss and hope that you are surrounded with support so that you can grieve as it comes.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You cheered up too soon. Phillip is still in charge at LL.
He is particularly active today. He doesn't stop commenting in the live chat and of course, he doesn't stop talking behind the camera.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Private???? Past Advent blogs rarely showed any one who didn’t want to be shown? What needs to be private? Truth be told she does not want to feature the gay Twink’s parents or The Argentinian’s family in anything filmed for the vlog.
I think she might be dumping the twink- it’s time

• Haha
  • Heart
Dear Diary,
What a dark day it has been.

- Angel-Eyes is straight. But let’s hope it’s those menopause trolls lying again.

- We don’t want anything Jewish in here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Some of the worst ones are newly minted female Physicians.
Tell me about it!

The lovely female doctor who we used to see in the country, retired.
Consequently, I saw another doctor in the practice, a young female.
Initially I had gone in for an asthma diagnosis and treatment.
Because this happened during lockdowns I wasn't able to access the usual diagnostics for asthma testing.
So it was trial and error over a period of two to three months to see which medication was appropriate.
Every time I saw her my blood pressure would go up, and up, and up.
She decided there was something very wrong with me and did not consider it was her manner that made me anxious.
I had to have blood tests, an e.c.g, and wear an overnight blood pressure monitor.
Boy did I feel smug when the results came back, all normal.
On my last visit to her she made a comment how she didn't usually 'intimidate' patients and I thought . . . I bet you don't.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Okay C’est moi - in my book you win the prize for the best line “Snorts had a real cob on! FACE LIKE A SLAPPED ARSE”. Superb statement of fact. I am putting 12 Gold Stars next to your name.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I feel honoured. Have you never heard these two expressions? All credit to my husband with his norf Surrey upbringing and east end of London early working life. He has been educating me for 42 years!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
In the USA you can call yourself interior decorator whether you’ve been educated or tested for the industry. They can be anything from a carpet/paint/wallpaper salesperson in a home center to your neighbor who dabbles. Interior designer is a job title that comes with educational requirements and rigorous testing because they have to know construction as well as the decorating part of design. I’m sure there are some calling themselves interior designers but if the folks at ASID or NAIID get them in their sights it won’t be pretty.
I have used a painter and decorator, and also an interior designer.
And I agree, they are different.
Different skillset, different qualifications.

Reactions: 14
Amoury mentioned something in the ETRF recent vlog about working in the grand salon and finished after 5 months.( I have broken a bone in my fooot so have time but can I listen again 🤪]
I think Fanny has dismissed all paid staff. No one is going to be there as she has run out of funds.
Amoury is now the odd job man? Who know when she filmed Amoury and frightened the life out of him. Maybe September?
Nick is not in the woods?
Why did Dave the cleaner not do the floor or has he gone now no bnb.
And maybe she has had to say to Squirrel you will be a volunteer for a few months…..

No there was a comment from a viewer saying that a patron member was asking if she had received them. One of the 8000 unanswered emails and messages 🙄
Apologies.
I was being facetious.
Stephanie wouldn't know the first thing about colour blending tulips or any other plant for that matter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I wish someone would tell the Oxford "graduate" (?) how to pronounce "batik". She thinks it's "battick" for some strange reason! There must be something seriously wrong with Michael, the gift giver who seems to send a box full of presents, often very expensive ones, practically every week. He is obsessed with her. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these crazy fans left her legacies in their wills. Surely they could find a better way to use their money.

• Heart
Better get ready for a lot more pre-stuff during advent and Christmas too. She wants it to be a private celebration with "only" family and thinks she can pull it off by narrating as usual. She's delusional, but hey, we already knew that. A lot of her true fans (and let's be fait, she has some...not as many as she would like us to believe, but still, some) will probably buy into it anyway and that's all she needs for now. Stephanie Jarvis has never worried much about the future.
Maybe she should her views are decreasing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did we notice how she worked around all the table and chair legs? That floor is going to be dead patchy, won't be able to move anything..
[/QUOTE]

I noticed that and thought she is so lazy.

View attachment 1767137
Since Mary Poppins had just cleaned the floors, wouldn't it have been easier for Fanny to have just mopped the linseed oil mixture onto the floor instead of hands and knees scrubbing?
BTW, she kept saying linseed oil and "turps" - is "turps" a Brit term for turpentine?
We call it turps.
Just a shorter way to say turpentine.

Reactions: 16
Bugger me backwards-Dick Strawbridge is wearing nail varnish-is Phi Phi his estranged love child ha ha-afterall Dick is a big eater, bald as a mutant walrus and also sports bizarre facial hair
The "mutant walrus" comment made me LAUGH! :D :ROFLMAO:

Here's something our friend @HalcyonOrganic might be interested in...
son of mutant walrus, James Strawbridge.

James-Strawbridge-XL-1.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I worked on Queen Eleanor’s Garden a recreation of a medieval herber 12 years ago now….garden history fascinating. It’s why I am appalled at what is being done to the dumps grounds. Davey is a car park planter
I imagine that we would have been fellow students and great friends working alongside each and enjoying the experience, too. I studied at Capel Manor in Hertfordshire, absolute fantastic environment and such fabulous tutors.
Like you say, I have always stated that Davy is a municipal urban landscaper - BUT, to be fair to him, he does demonstrate plant knowledge too.
And, to be even fairer to him, SJ is the worst kind of client in my experience. As in, she always knows best even though, those who have far more knowledge/experience, she just ignores their advice! :(
I personally feel that she used Davey AND, am not entirely certain whether he was ever paid for his services either! :unsure:
More fool him, if he wasn't!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Dear Diary,
What a dark day it has been.

- Angel-Eyes is straight. But let’s hope it’s those menopause trolls lying again.

- We don’t want anything Jewish in here.
Are you trying to start something again? Not having a family Thanksgiving to attend, I guess you didn't get enough of religion, sex and politics at the table. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I worked on Queen Eleanor’s Garden a recreation of a medieval herber 12 years ago now….garden history fascinating. It’s why I am appalled at what is being done to the dumps grounds. Davey is a car park planter
'car park planter' ❤

I did think he designed public spaces and not 'domestic' gardens.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.