The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This does sound yummy and I’m tempted to cook it for Christmas. How many people would this be for.
Thanks! I think it could easily serve 10 people…up to 12 people. It’s one of those casseroles that taste really good as “leftovers” too.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
off topic but I am in TSD forget the post it is happening now, for many years my christmas cakes was a one kilo ernest adams iced cake. NO longer producing closed down. Refuse to pay the $15 ofr the 350g boxed type from bakery I dont know. Best friend absolutly fabulous cook had a catering business and resturant for many years gave me her fail safe christmas cake receipe, from the girl guides booklet circa 1967.

Time to be a big girl she says, today was the day one hour preparing been in oven 2 half hours opened door (it not a sponge) she said a 20cm tin I put in a larger one has had a lot, as it has risen globed over sides burning on oven floor and it is still a googy syodge in tin with black top.

Put a brown paper bag on top (I know this) asked partner why they never told me oven letting of a burning smell. Reply Well its so normal with you didnt think anything of it.

Advice please obviously no Christmas cake to solve this, should I set up a go fund me page to afford an expensive large boxed cake $60, or should I get my blue Iphone out and start screamimg and flapping about as I talk to my cat and show you my garden, get the eye candy from next door when he jumps in his outdoor spa as a shot and ask for buy me a coffee???

Kind words from fellow tattlers might also help
Love @jojonz , obviously you need to set yourself up with a YouTube channel, complete with filming your baking disaster, a Patreon, a Buy Me a Coffee, and a Go Fund Me. Also fib (as the grifters all do) that you are a CLL Super Fan (hashtag your vlog with #all the chateau names, just for good measure), and whine that you wanted to make Fanny & Co a lovely Christmas cake for the Advent vlogs- the gangsta grannies will open up their purses, and soon, you will not only have your $60 Chrissy cake, but a Tesla, a swimming pool, Beryl will knit you a jumper and a $15 Miller Lite coupon from Jules! You're welcome!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks! I think it could easily serve 10 people…up to 12 people. It’s one of those casseroles that taste really good as “leftovers” too.
I will need to rework the amount as it’s just for 2 of us, so definitely leftovers as well on Boxing Day with gammon.
Look forward to trying it. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But I smell a rat as well as burning hair.
That heater was not one she bought from the UK…I am certain it is a French brand. She made a thing telling us she had a six month wait so bought them from the UK,,,, has Nathan had to tell her they are not fit for purpose
And when was the halll now dining room ever going to have a wood burner?

How much is it to rent a cherry picker that size for a few days and pay for that low loader to deliver and collect it.
Such a wwhhuge waste of patron money.
So that leaves a cream one for the marquis apartment and the blue one for her flue…

On a serious note. Squirrel is not kind he is manipulative and I would say he is coercing her.
She is utterly clueless and her mothers support is waning . He sees opportunities….
And telling staff what to eat and wear ,where and when.
Deciding on furniture and her father’s painting placement .
He is buying stuff .
He tells her whenever things should go .
He chooses what she wears down to her jewellery. He appears to be kind and considerate but he’s taking charge.
I don’t like him or what he is doing.
Slowly, slowly catchy Monkey!
He is a creep but clever in this department! I wonder if his Grandpa taught him to do this?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Finally caught up! Hosting thanksgiving in a house under renovation that has recently crept inside is a lot. Thank you @KyBourbon for the table guidance. It looked lovely. I did not take pics because I was so busy. It would not have compared to your spring lunch pics anyway, but I was happy with it and I now own two tablecloths.❤
I'm certain it was lovely (and delicious)! Props to you for hosting such a large dinner when your house is a construction zone! Now kick those flip flops off, and have a Miller Lite or 8 in the tiki hut- you've earned them! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
off topic but I am in TSD forget the post it is happening now, for many years my christmas cakes was a one kilo ernest adams iced cake. NO longer producing closed down. Refuse to pay the $15 ofr the 350g boxed type from bakery I dont know. Best friend absolutly fabulous cook had a catering business and resturant for many years gave me her fail safe christmas cake receipe, from the girl guides booklet circa 1967.

Time to be a big girl she says, today was the day one hour preparing been in oven 2 half hours opened door (it not a sponge) she said a 20cm tin I put in a larger one has had a lot, as it has risen globed over sides burning on oven floor and it is still a googy syodge in tin with black top.

Put a brown paper bag on top (I know this) asked partner why they never told me oven letting of a burning smell. Reply Well its so normal with you didnt think anything of it.

Advice please obviously no Christmas cake to solve this, should I set up a go fund me page to afford an expensive large boxed cake $60, or should I get my blue Iphone out and start screamimg and flapping about as I talk to my cat and show you my garden, get the eye candy from next door when he jumps in his outdoor spa as a shot and ask for buy me a coffee???

Kind words from fellow tattlers might also help

I have made this 3 ingredient cake, and it was really good. The above recipe is the same, but when I did it you soaked the fruit overnight in the fruit juice, and then mixed in the flour the next day. Give it a go.
My Mum used to add marzipan icing and then a Brandy butter icing which she then textured with a fork in a swirl design.

Brandy Butter Icing.
  • Beat your butter (250g) in an electric mixer at a low speed until soft.
  • Add your icing sugar (500g) and beat until fully combined. add icing sugar a little at a time to stop it flying all over the kitchen!
  • Once the butter and sugar are combined add your brandy (100ml) 1 tsp at a time. Ensure that each addition is fully combined before adding more. I prefer to mix in the brandy by hand rather than using the electric mixer.
  • Sometimes I add more Brandy. I haven't tried it but Whisky would probably work too.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I got the impression that Anne Marie is not actually that sympathetic to mental health problems. He kept indicating he thinks the best thing to do is to put your worries out of your mind and charge on. Thought that sounded pretty insensitive. Sounds like Dan either brushed up or he was himself looking in to how to be happier. Both showed great disdain for filming the gift grab. I’m thinking it’s going to hurt some of the gift givers’ feelings. Anne Marie also indicated that he puts on a posh voice to pull chicks. Oh and he likes a partner who yells at him.
Anne Marie likes a partner that yells at him. Now we understand the attraction to the Angry Argentenian. His love tank must be overflowing getting yelled at by Ñutty Natty 24/7.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
In Croatia, children at school, during classes, can watch matches of the Croatian national team.
Yes, the world has stopped!🤦‍♀️
the way the team was playing the other day it was wasted time. :sick:

they have or had one covered with tarp in the back yard
[/QUOTE]
And the red van.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
On sale starting Monday, November 28? That’s cutting it pretty close for anyone wanting to mail Christmas cards. But, that’s typical for Michael…waiting to the last minute. I mean, he’s had all year to put together Christmas cards to sell. It’s not like he was working on a lot of videos or anything like that! Anyone who orders those cards is taking a risk to get them in time to send out…he has to print them, package them, and then mail them…so I’d say it’s at least a week turnaround time, minimum, to receive an order. Once again, a missed opportunity.
You said it. Story of his life. He should be caller MMO. Mr. Missed Opportunity.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Looks an amazing place on your link. ❤
in my day whale bay had no toilets and a steep walk down always dreaded the long walk uphill had many great days there, Grandfather lived at Ngunguru having been bought up in Glenbervie as a child when the mines were working (1880's) moved to Whangarei but had an old cowshed he converted on retirement great memories, my stress now gone

On sale starting Monday, November 28? That’s cutting it pretty close for anyone wanting to mail Christmas cards. But, that’s typical for Michael…waiting to the last minute. I mean, he’s had all year to put together Christmas cards to sell. It’s not like he was working on a lot of videos or anything like that! Anyone who orders those cards is taking a risk to get them in time to send out…he has to print them, package them, and then mail them…so I’d say it’s at least a week turnaround time, minimum, to receive an order. Once again, a missed opportunity.
Not completely lost he hasn't but a year on the card so one could say he is preparing for next years sales earlier than normal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I got the impression that Anne Marie is not actually that sympathetic to mental health problems. He kept indicating he thinks the best thing to do is to put your worries out of your mind and charge on. Thought that sounded pretty insensitive. Sounds like Dan either brushed up or he was himself looking in to how to be happier. Both showed great disdain for filming the gift grab. I’m thinking it’s going to hurt some of the gift givers’ feelings. Anne Marie also indicated that he puts on a posh voice to pull chicks. Oh and he likes a partner who yells at him.
I just saw this vlog. As I am wide awake and everybody else sleeps. Too much party last night, normally I can sleep like a log. Anyway, I agree that Anne Marie offered some rather easy solutions. He is himself terribly chuffed with himself and his own ways, but makes sure to say that is not everyones way. He is perfect, but everybody does not have to be.
He is right of course about not bottling things up, but otherwise he wings his advice thinking just friendly chat in a friendly voice is sufficent. Dan had brushed up, but he is still quite average to listen to. I think Anne Marie likes his comforts, he does not want to have to invest too much thinking into a relationship. Nati makes it easy for him as she is so blunt. Also he is really chuffed that she is so into him. His eagerness to share his luck in love could be received as irritating or lovely, depending on the viewer.
We can see how Nati's character would clash with Selmar in the Sceptic Tank. He prefers gentle conversation and encouragement, and loves praise. She gave him blunt talk, had expectations, and was not bowled over.
I can see this from two sides, she was not kind to him, but then he would be so irritating after a while, he really would. And when the strange Tatiana showed up he expected her to be treated like a queen even though her arrival was a little surprise for most people who thought she was a catfish, myself included. What was NOT ok was that Nati did not offer her a room. That was really bad form. There was really no place for Selmar at the chateau as Cuz and Dan started working, he was slow and not needed. The ballroom he dreamed of was not anyone elses dream, Stephanie was never going to make that happen. She could have, if she had fallen in love with Selmar and made him king of the castle, I still think that was his dream at one point.
Snorts is much more her cup of tea, he panders to her needs and feelings and talks to her. They are like twin souls I think. He started out looking after her and showing how she could lean on him when she went into hospital, and he has carried on this care since, -as it proved rather successful. It has become his career path and way to reach the finer things in life. If he would have preferred a cock, it is evidently less important than an easy life with access to resources, and he enjoyes Stephanies company.
I don't think Stephanie fell head over heels for him, he just swept her up with attention and care. She is old enough to make the decision that this will suffice, and it may be beneficial to not have a man with creaky knees and prostate problems. The way he lords it around the castle shows that he is a stayer, he has found his port. Have a nice weekend all you 15 haters and 3 trolls, and Tattle on!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Thanks for that receipe, will try again tomorrow, let you know how it goes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Let's talk about his Ladyship's ugly Christmas sweater jumper.

He was wearing it....
at sunset, during the great cherry picker gate.
View attachment 1759757
...while cleaning the windows.
View attachment 1759758
...while making garlic toast.
View attachment 1759759
...the next morning to drive Maria to Chateauroux
View attachment 1759763
...while rearranging the rooms before the Thanksgiving party.
View attachment 1759764
He was also wearing it on Cadeaux at the Chateau.
View attachment 1759773

It is the f*cked-up timeline or does he not change clothes for days?
I imagine his Ladyship wreaks with body odor!
Yeah, that's the thing when you only heat with log burners: they don't provide hot water. Someone should have told them

Last thread went so fast. My take on Thanksgiving. Starts with I'm so sick, I am staying in bed.... Then climbs out the window to get closer to Amore and Maria. Because she needed to share her cold/covid fungalitis ...... Its a miracle she's better running down the stairs to get the rest of the people sick. Two hams....no turkey... What kind of American Thanksgiving was that??? Green bean casserole made me laugh... And the whole climbing out the window onto the picker.... Just waiting for an accident. Not a brain to share among them.
Imagine hosting thanksgiving with so many people and not cook ONE bleeping single dish! It's really a gift she has make other people cook for her-I wish I had it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I shall take my leave of you all for a while, Mum finally lost her battle and passed away at home yesterday. I'm obviously on a time delay was ok yesterday but a wreck this morning. A bientot xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.