The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I can say is…Michael, if you’re listening, make SJ pay you for your camera appearances. It’s business first, not friendship with SJ! When you appear on Stephanie’s vlogs, her ratings go up…you are owed compensation for that! If she won’t pay you, tell her you’ll visit but don’t agree to be filmed (Let’s see how fast she uninvites you!). Plus, you should get some money just for being in the same room with PhiPhi…🤢
That said, did Michael repay the 400 or 500€ he "borrowed" from fanny after his escape from Spain when they met up at LaGorce? Or was that payment in lieu for keeping her secrets! I would imagine that Michael has a lot that fanny would like him to keep quiet about.

If you like marzipan (and I love it) try Ritter Sport Marzipan, made in Germany.
I just scoffed half a block. ❤
Was it the dark chocolate one?

Reactions: 14
I just hope Steffi lights the first candle on the advent wreath today.

If not I will be very pissy, missy, and will post an outrageous comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
And how many weeks holiday does Natty get or has she also been given less hours now? Being away with her family who will be at the dump for Christmas.
On MP live he mentioned a trip to Lalande and maybe there for the new year intonation….
Hopefully that means Snorts is going back with his parents for an extended winter’s rest

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You missed out when she was going to manage a b&b, hinting she could buy it if enough silly people donated.
I even forgot about that! It was some sort of mill home and she posted that she had already thought about new menus. Something happened with the owners, though, although we never knew exactly what made the job disappear. I just recall that one of the owners commented on one of her posts, apologizing for things not working out. So much happened in that period as she was trying to figure out where to go and what to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I do !
I have made my Chrissie Cake and its iced with marzipan and white icing with my handmade marzipan fruits on the top Rexy ! :love:
My mother of 9 children - 2 by the same name, unfortunately both died in early childhood, was absolutely the plainest cook ever, imaginable. No bells or whistles scenario. BUT, fortunately, we did all eat well, getting our 5-a day and loads of dairy products etc back in the day! No fast foods way back then either! No complaints from me.
My secondary school education was convent-based, very much reliant on "female" based skills during that period in history (did I just type that?)! :( Therefore sewing and cookery classes skills were the norm! But, history and geography were my absolute favourite speciality subjects!
During my formative early/mid teens, in view of my cookery and sewing tutorials, out of need, I fell into baking every element of my family's Christmas feast - outside of the Christmas Dinner itself, even down to homemade sausages rolls - yummy, e.g. Xmas cakes, Dundee cakes, Christmas Puds, Mince Pies etc, etc. They could all be made at least a month in advance and the Xmas cake decorated a few days beforehand. I got rather skilled with making marzipan and smooth icing - all from basic ingredients too because budget was such an issue!
I even later went on courses to enhance my royal icing skills too - God, that takes me back!
I absolutely loved making and baking everything when I was part of such a huge family as it was all totally appreciated - AND - saved so much money for my mum too.
Just for the record, I never ever wished to pursue a career in cookery or the restaurant industry - and ultimately, I never did either! My efforts were only ever about economics during my formative years - AND, assisting my dear mother to make Christmas "special" for the entire family.
How times have changed! Just my son and I to cook for these days on Christmas Day. Hey ho - that's life! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Several times Tattle said: "Jump !" and Sj asked: "How high ?" that's right. Keeping that in mind, it's even more significant that she hasn't filmed Davy in a long time, because we've been asking where he's gone for a long time.
Stephanie said in a recent video that Davy would be there soon, since they are putting in all of those bulbs and expanding the garden. I'm sure we'll see him shortly.

Reactions: 19
I even forgot about that! It was some sort of mill home and she posted that she had already thought about new menus. Something happened with the owners, though, although we never knew exactly what made the job disappear. I just recall that one of the owners commented on one of her posts, apologizing for things not working out. So much happened in that period as she was trying to figure out where to go and what to do.
I forgot about that as well- thanks @Elviemary!

I do !
I have made my Chrissie Cake and its iced with marzipan and white icing with my handmade marzipan fruits on the top Rexy ! :love:
I adore you @Pekey. I will admire your beautiful work, but then scrape all the offending coating off the top! 😘

You can keep the fruit cake. 😂 I only eat the marzipan and icing.
This is a good deal! I'm in!

i don't like marzipan, so it's always no
I don't like it, either!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks @M&MsMom- I became jaded after she burned the entire lovely village of Haworth and Nicki, and stopped following her. It is sad because there were a few of us 15 who truly felt sorry for her, initially, as something truly was not right at the Shitoo of "Life, Laughter, and Love", and were her biggest cheerleaders to escape. She somehow landed herself in a community that supported her with good people. But she threw that all down the loo to "find herself". She's a grown woman who is still lost. There are people who have it much worse that make their own way in life- unfortunately, Marie expects people to give her a free ride while she "finds herself", while offering nothing in return.
Let's not forget the six words which govern FRK's life:

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
They probably wanted her to pay for her room out of her kitchen wages- you know- like regular employees

• Haha
  • Heart
Probably.....they did have a good working vlog relationship, both using their skills, or lack of them to create content, which was more entertaining than it is now.
If I recall correctly Ma Peth came to pick Michael up from the HMN , and the atmosphere was decidedly frosty in the kitchen. Maybe she knew his weakness, and knew F4F was playing with his mental state. Not long after that the 'boy friend' appeared on the scene....
I can remember the last time she went to the Petherick (Gwen's) chateau, everyone was chatting, she showed up, things went quiet, and when F4Fs and Michael came back down, everyone had scuttled off, "where is everyone" the Hag queried...

• Haha
Totally agree…and I’ll go one step further…I think Michael Petherick was a big reason why people were drawn to Fanny’s channel in the earlier days. When he created his own vlog, Michael immediately gained a huge following…larger than Fanny! I remember sensing some jealous vibes on the part of SJ. It’s too bad Michael self destructed…and I wonder if Fanny didn’t help egg it on behind the scenes…filling his head with bad advice or messing with his confidence? (Don’t get me wrong…Michael was mostly responsible for his own self destruction…but maybe SJ helped it along!)
Does anyone remember that vlog when SJ and Teabag went to that odd pool party? 😂

* " A Possum " is slang for a wig in Oz.
Syrup is my favourite slang.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Y’all look what I found today! Yep I bought it. Should I send it to the Shitoo?
Gosh Snorts would LOVE that... he'd change her stocking and shoe every day, Now there's a perfect use for Isobelle's odd shoes! Groom her fringe... oh yes... 🥰😻👅👠

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I watched that live vlog with Teabeg...there for sure is a new guy in his life... ;) thats the only time he gets motivated...when he is on his own depression sinks in...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'd love to know how she funds her lifestyle, does she have a lot of Patreon donations.

Reactions: 15
I always read that incident as FRK thinking she was buying the mill with invisible money and the owners thinking she was coming as a volunteer/employment try out.

Reactions: 15
That said, did Michael repay the 400 or 500€ he "borrowed" from fanny after his escape from Spain when they met up at LaGorce? Or was that payment in lieu for keeping her secrets! I would imagine that Michael has a lot that fanny would like him to keep quiet about.
Michael never mentioned that loan again…he never confirmed if he repaid it. But that was one of the strangest things he said in his crying vlog…borrowing €500 from Fanny. Why ask Fanny for money when the “Bank of Gwen and Billy” was right there? Why wouldn’t his own relatives loan him money? To me, that speaks volumes. Why support someone on Patreon or gofundme when his own family wouldn’t give him a loan? Either Michael’s family refused to give him money because they didn’t want to enable his partying in Spain, or they DID give him some money and he needed more, but they refused.

For anyone new to Tattle, Michael’s “crying vlogs” were removed from YouTube, but they can still be found on the Wiki (pink button at top).

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.