The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
….. Angel-eyes is from a religious family? How much religious?

Religious as in those militant perfect family Sunday church everything is sin christians, or… let’s say Woodstock free love for all worshippers?

Just asking before I waste resources..

Wait, hey @Marquis de Potpourri why did you even look him up?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh he will adore that Christmas present from Fanny --- a $$ second-hand "Possum" for his head !!!

* " A Possum " is slang for a wig in Oz.
Gosh I have learnt something new.
I only know possum slang as in 'playing possum'.
And Edna Everage/Barry Humphries 'hello possums'. ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 16
]
Where is Davy and all the bulbs they were going to plant ( now that I wrote this, expect a Davy video)?
Several times Tattle said: "Jump !" and Sj asked: "How high ?" that's right. Keeping that in mind, it's even more significant that she hasn't filmed Davy in a long time, because we've been asking where he's gone for a long time.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Advent has always been huge with the Chatelaine… now no mention of it at all. No making of Christmas cake in advance. No preparations. Barely even any talk of Christmas.

Clara, what’s up???????????????????
i have the feeling there wont be adventvlogs...i would not be surprised if they travelled the country or countries to different places to show christmasmarkets etc...there is no way she is staying in that rotten heap and doing the cooking and all the work herself...the staff is gone because madame and her lapdog are also gone... ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Someone paid over the odds for Paul Daniel’s ( dead magician) toupee at auction last week. Fanny’s Christmas present to PhiPhi?

In Michael’s Live chat last night someone asked when he would be visiting Stephanie again. There was a certain amount of laughter and he said “ maybe very soon”. Tattlers asked for the return of Michael for the Advent Diaries …
All I can say is…Michael, if you’re listening, make SJ pay you for your camera appearances. It’s business first, not friendship with SJ! When you appear on Stephanie’s vlogs, her ratings go up…you are owed compensation for that! If she won’t pay you, tell her you’ll visit but don’t agree to be filmed (Let’s see how fast she uninvites you!). Plus, you should get some money just for being in the same room with PhiPhi…🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Last thread went so fast. My take on Thanksgiving. Starts with I'm so sick, I am staying in bed.... Then climbs out the window to get closer to Amore and Maria. Because she needed to share her cold/covid fungalitis ...... Its a miracle she's better running down the stairs to get the rest of the people sick. Two hams....no turkey... What kind of American Thanksgiving was that??? Green bean casserole made me laugh... And the whole climbing out the window onto the picker.... Just waiting for an accident. Not a brain to share among them.
Don't forget starting in bed saying she's so sick but with perfectly, newly curled hair! 🤒🙄🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Where to even begin... I'll attempt to give a short version. Correct me if I am wrong, Tattlers, as I might have it out of order. Marie Wiik arrived at the Chateau as volunteer, and was hosting "Goddess Workshops". When the B&B season ended, it was just Fanny and she left at the Shitoo- Fanny love-bombed her, and they became BFFs. Marie started faffing about with flowers, pretty much did whatever she wanted and left after a year to go to the UK. Like a bad penny, she returned but Fanny had a houseful of new vols, and was no longer F4F's #1. Initially, FRK and Herr Nuti were BFFs, but then something turned. Marie initially had a floristry studio in the stables (which is now Amaury's workshop), but then was moved to where the Ye Olde Squirrel Gift Shoppe now is- and then was moved back into the stables, which were pretty disgusting. She wanted to just do floristry, but had to earn her keep by cleaning and cooking dinner (which were half-hearted offerings of chicken and brown sauce), along with making floral arrangements. She had become sullen and dour, and refused to take part of CD and Cadeaux. She had some business cards made up (which she felt made her legit!), set up her own YT channel, and started a Buy Me a Coffee and a Patreon. She was grifted a van by her followers, and high-tailed it our of there, planning to return to pick up her brocante furniture eventually. She then went to florist school in Bath, wandered around aimlessly a bit couch-surfing and house/pet watching at other people's homes, and eventually made her way to Haworth (on invitation of Nicki), where the community rallied around her with support, and set up a small floral studio. Jill (a business owner) and Nicki (who treated Marie like a daughter) even bought her a ticket home to Norway for Christmas after FRK cried poor. After returning from Norway, Marie decided she was hell bent on getting out of Haworth. She grifted around to other Chateax, and Nicki even let her stay in her own cottage in France. After that, FRK went mute for months- no mention of Nicki, or why she even left Haworth. She turned up in the Spring, exclaiming she was going to be a chef on a superyacht so she could travel the world in the style she deserves- that did not pan out- once again, no explanation. She recently turned back up, once again begging for money and promising new floral content on Instagram. SMH. She just wants people to fund her lifestyle without having to actually earn it. I actually rooted for her success when she went to Haworth- she was literally handed the keys, but she burned that bridge.
i always wonder how those people stay in order with their taxes, healt and car insurance etc...driving from country to country...with no real income...and always again finding people who are gonna house them and feed them.. They must get a nasty surprise when they are old...nothing taken cared for...and finding the taxman on their doorstep...when they want social security...

i have met people via charity who had their life better in order...untill they had some misfortune and ended up on the street in notime..

Reactions: 22
AND do her make-up.
and colour her hair

Mind blown! You always post the most amazing recipes, but I have to ixnay this one after seeing the 1C of mayonnaise- no no and NO. The only place mayonnaise (and only Duke's) belongs is in a potato salad! (T Rex resumes eating Cool Whip from the container... ;) )

Which leads me to Christmas cakes- WHO thought it was a good idea to cover a perfectly delicious cake, in its own right, with a layer of marzipan AND another layer of icing? I have been dealing with this battle since childhood- why cannot it not just be the cake bit itself?!?
i don't like marzipan, so it's always no

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Today is the first Sunday in Advent.
I wonder how SJ will mark the beginning of Advent.
Maybe they will place a huge Advent wreath around the fountain and light the first candle today?
Or, lighting candles is not a French, British custom?
And if it is not a French custom, SJ should know about it and certainly use it to her advantage. I mean, there is greenery around the fountain!
What a spectacle that would be. Followers would be delighted with the beauty and SJ creativity.
And Phillip is right. Light up the Chateau, let it be seen from space. And the Chateau could be seen from space because it is in the middle of nowhere.
Great idea, @Tea with lemon !
However, 😁, I wonder...does she really want to please her European subscribers, or is it more lucrative in her eyes to pander to the overseas patreons with the choice of her "special celebrations" ? :unsure:🥰 But whatever, Happy 1st Advent to all who celebrate it! 🕯🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is 100% what happened....but I'll add one small addition, if you don't mind.
At some point, after she left Haworth and ended up at her friend's place in France (where she was literally by herself for 30+ days), she posted a "cry for help" post, letting her followers know that she was "better now" but in a loosely veiled comment indicated that she contemplated suicide. Then, Natti and Philip drove to pick her up and brought her to Lalande. After that brief stay, she went back to Nicki's place in France and then went on to Norway and eventually found work in a restaurant, came up with the idea of becoming a chef, I think she even went to England and took classes for getting certified to work on a cruise ship and next thing you know, she's in Africa for a time.

There are things we will never know. And that's probably a good thing.

YAY! Was waiting to hear from you about this...now I'm going to make it, too. I've already converted the grams to the United States measurements. I'm so excited (as Stephanie always says!).

When I make it, I'm not putting any icing or marzipan on it....I think I'd like it plain with a cup of tea.
i don't think she went to that school at all. was she at lalande on patreon day? because sometimes after that she went to africa.

Kat is probably the person I like the least at the chateau.
Even less than head and head.

It's her manner.
She strikes me as being a bit of a ladette.
If I met her socially in real life, I would give her a wide berth.
i realy disliked her fashion choices and being so loud and being everywhere. we didn't see her around filthy chatelaine for quite a while, did we?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I can understand why you think Michael should get his licence.
But he must have his reasons for not driving.

I respectfully agree to disagree that 'he needs stop being a child and learn to drive.'
I have never driven a car and don't intend to learn.
Yes, but do you expect friends and family to drop everything and transport you across the country? You seem far too sensible for that kind of entitlement. I’d be willing to bet you take responsibility for your transportation needs like any adult. I also agree not everyone needs to own a car or learn to drive. Many places have truly excellent public transit systems and the world would be much better off with less people owning/driving vehicles. I only returned to driving when I moved well out of my city and decided the available public options would take too long. I grew up living on a farm out in the country with three options, walk 20 miles one way, bicycle the same or learn to drive. Usually I biked. I was taught to operate the farm equipment young which saved my life. A serious accident while I was doing chores alone caused me to have to tourniquet my left arm and drive as fast as possible to the nearest emergency room. This was a decade or more before the national emergency call service. I was lucky and they saved both my life and arm. Forty years later the battle wounds have faded. Michael and his family are isolated enough at Basmaignèe. Granted I don’t know what the public transit options truly are, but all we’ve seen is him cadging rides everywhere. At the very least he should have a bicycle to get him to the nearest train or bus depot. I should have been more clear it’s about him being an adult and taking responsibility for his choices and behavior.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I believe the Chatelaine has rented Pavlova to Shrek and the Sewer. Chateau vloggers who are lacking content can rent Pavlova for 1 to 6 weeks. Pavlova will do a bit of raking, chopping and weed arranging and speak up to 100 words per vlog. Next the Influencer and the Wallpaperer will be renting Pavlova. With their lack of renovation and vlog content they will need her for 6-24 months. The Chatelaine is permitting that extended rental on the understanding the Chatelaine can use the Influencer’s new yacht and Tesla once a year.
whatever theri "agreement" was, nobody, well, almost nobody deserves to spend a winter in cold, filthy, ruin of the shadoh

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Gosh I have learnt something new.
I only know possum slang as in 'playing possum'.
And Edna Everage/Barry Humphries 'hello possums'. ❤
" Look , that guy has a possum on his head!" ..... one Melbourne radio guy uses it a lot when talking about men with wigs on. :love:

Ruby talked to me......
Snorts google query: "How do I make a buttered slice of bread?"
Ruby should put out a cook book..... with all the $$ money Ruby would rake in ..... could hire a pet taxi and get the hell out of there! 🐱🚕🚕🚕

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I adore marzipan so I must hunt out that Ritter Sport !
Favorite xmas sweet treet, wrap dates and walnuts in marzipan and grill under a low heat, watch carefully as they will burn if you look away.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.