The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, so don't throw stones at me, you angry overweight menopausal lot of 15 of you :ROFLMAO: - but I am halfway through "Fanny's Grifting at Other Chateaux- Marc & Amy Have Heat!", and it's actually good! I can't give F4F credit for this one- and while Snorts has kept his mouth shut (did the Fleuries regift Ziggy's gondola muzzle recently in a Cadeaux at the Shitoo for him?!), Marc & Amy certainly have one of the most interesting & ancient properties ever, and have done an amazing amount of work (the cisterns alone were a feat.) They have done their research, and are incredibly knowledgeable- and are discovering new things every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
New cousin @Abuela, I hope you know I would never do any physical work or schlepping for Stephanie. I wouldn’t want to be in the grande salon either, because I’d be afraid the ceiling would cave in on me. I think if I were at Lalande, I would spend most of my time in the kitchen, drinking the good Christmas wine and silently judging, also drawing cute lil flying penises with a black permanent marker on slightly hidden places in all of the bathrooms I could get to.🖊
I think if I were at Lalande, I would spend most of my time in the kitchen, drinking the good Christmas wine and silently judging, also drawing cute lil flying penises with a black permanent marker on slightly hidden places in all of the bathrooms I could get to.🖊
You’re cracking me up!
😂😂😂
I’m laughing because I know you mean this!
I mean seriously- this is what you would be doing!!!
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
01BF814D-2DD5-49C0-ACAD-ABE698FB67DA.jpeg

I know I said I was afraid of heights but some men wrote their names up here. I need to know if they are the same names SJ calls out when we are intimate.
755D0B34-1853-431C-AA6A-D3CAEFBF22DC.jpeg

Did you hear SJ call me her Balmoral boyfriend? Kaboom, I’m never leaving! My grandfather use to sit this way, that’s normal right?
2AF54BB4-7218-4A28-9367-6918A330F429.jpeg

I am putty in her hands. It’s ok I didn’t finish college. Who needs friends my own age? So what if my allergies flair up with all that soot around. I love OUR chateau.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Okay, so don't throw stones at me, you angry overweight menopausal lot of 15 of you :ROFLMAO: - but I am halfway through "Fanny's Grifting at Other Chateaux- Marc & Amy Have Heat!", and it's actually good! I can't give F4F credit for this one- and while Snorts has kept his mouth shut (did the Fleuries regift Ziggy's gondola muzzle recently in a Cadeaux at the Shitoo for him?!), Marc & Amy certainly have one of the most interesting & ancient properties ever, and have done an amazing amount of work (the cisterns alone were a feat.) They have done their research, and are incredibly knowledgeable- and are discovering new things every day.
There’s an idea....
Gondola muzzle!!!
😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's very sad how divided our country is. I live in Oregon and we just passed the strictest gun law in the country, that said, there was a run on buying guns before the law takes effect January 1, 2023. One of the most stressful things I had to do as an elementary school teacher was rehearse for an active shooter on campus. It almost makes me cry to think about the discussion I had to have with children about the severity of the situation. We had to be absolutely silent, I mean SILENT! I use to tell the children pretend we are in a submarine hiding from the enemy and they can use special solar equipment to listen. They would ask, "What if we have to use the bathroom?" I had to tell them, "Either try to hold it or pee your pants." We had to barricade our doors which I thought was ridiculous because if they were able to open the door a stack of desks and chairs isn't going to stop them. The best thing was to close all the blinds, lock the door, hide under your desk, turn off all the lights, and shut the FU. It gave me knots in my stomach. Shooters are hypervigilant with tunnel vision, their sense of hearing is heightened. The most traumatic thing was we had to lock the door immediately and not open it. I told the children if you are not in the classroom, go to the bathroom and hide yourself in the trash can. School shooters want to do the most damage so they are not likely to go into the bathrooms. It's just so sick to think about it. I'm glad I'm out. 😢
@Madame No,I have been thinking about your post all afternoon.
As an ex teacher I wanted to let you have my respect and greatest admiration. ❤ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20

A great new intro from Amy & Marc. I wonder if they had a professional make it for them?

Better than what they had but if you back to DIO and Micheal at teh begining its very similar stating acerage, houses rooms forest etc etc

Reactions: 11
In car news, the Fleuries still have the Toyota RAV4. Maybe the Tesla was a rental? Or they are leasing it?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Watching Elton's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road at Dodger's Stadium.. wow it is excellent for 75 YO.
Sorry to change the subject.. now back to our regularly scheduled program w F4F and the inexplicable disappearance of the chimney sweep.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have a question for one of you 15 tattlers, or is it three haghounds...

I found a chateau vlog called Beau Chateau, (Chateau de Lesigny) that is produced by a young woman, who inherited the chateau from her grandfather. Bad inheritance taxes but no mortgage... She and her partner do a fair amount of work in the chateau and also have quite a few workers come to do repairs... Lots of land, moat, outbuildings, lakes, what will some day be a stunning formal garden... The chateau itself is a stunner. It is 30 k from the center of Paris so the location alone makes it a veritable gold mine...

They use the chateau as their business for weddings as well as renting it out for movies... They did 70 weddings this season. The kind of weddings where guests are arriving with helicopters. On my side of the pond that is pretty BCBG...

So my question is how much could she be charging for renting her chateau out for a wedding? I'm curious because whatever that euro amount is, multiplied by 70, it has to be a fairly tidy sum, right? And yet there is the ubiquitous Patreon grift, the constant whinging about budget, and the poor me I can't afford to buy 12 fruit trees...

So does anyone know what she could be charging?

• Wow
Reactions: 22

I found a chateau vlog called Beau Chateau, (Chateau de Lesigny) that is produced by a young woman, who inherited the chateau from her grandfather. Bad inheritance taxes but no mortgage... She and her partner do a fair amount of work in the chateau and also have quite a few workers come to do repairs... Lots of land, moat, outbuildings, lakes, what will some day be a stunning formal garden... The chateau itself is a stunner. It is 30 k from the center of Paris so the location alone makes it a veritable gold mine...

They use the chateau as their business for weddings as well as renting it out for movies... They did 70 weddings this season. The kind of weddings where guests are arriving with helicopters. On my side of the pond that is pretty BCBG...

So my question is how much could she be charging for renting her chateau out for a wedding? I'm curious because whatever that euro amount is, multiplied by 70, it has to be a fairly tidy sum, right? And yet there is the ubiquitous Patreon grift, the constant whinging about budget, and the poor me I can't afford to buy 12 fruit trees...

Yeah but how much are the property taxes? Has to be pretty high with all that land and outbuildings…

I watch and quite enjoy their vlogs.

I looked at their website and the only charges I could find (I am not fluent in French) is starting price of 3350E.

Reactions: 14
Stephanie and her adopted pet arrive at The Rosaries to bless their modest abode. Just like all the other Chateaux that this unselfish nun has pilgrimaged to over the years. The hosts make a humble meal, grown from the garden and offer warmth from the fire.

All in exchange for ten thousand subscribers, one hundred paying Patrons and an unholy and soiled reputation.

nunarrives.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
So we’re still meant to believe Dame Fanny Four Flues is sweeping the flues every winter - firstly you’re meant to do it before winter. Secondly, no flue that’s regularly swept produces this amount of soot. I call the ubiquitous LieLande BS. And Nathan does too with his “Really?” remark. His face says he’s not buying the BS.
That soot is a fire risk and proof that Dame Fanny Four Flues has still no care for any of her residents or paying guests lives.
View attachment 1747430
View attachment 1747434
That was for his and our benefit. Mind you there's been no liner in the chimney, depending on what wood has been burned together with the freezing temperatures in that place it's no wonder the soot has stuck to te indside.

Reactions: 18
I am no chimney sweep- but- don't you have to clean it from above? If so why all the uncertainty and trouble about getting a big enough cherry picker to get up there. F4F would have known what she needed as she had it "cleaned every year" - unless she was getting it just reamed out from below - no pun intended- if that was the case then the top part would have had a lot of build up. Or she never had them cleaned as she also didn't know there were multiple flus in the chimneys .
Mr Spratt does chimney sweeping too but he's only ever done a Chateau once (said never again because of multiple flus) and yes he did do bottom to top and vice versa. Luckily the chimney in question didn't require a cherry picker. However, working at another Chateau installing a woodburner he did have a cherry picker for that one to lower the flu down. Not his favourite thing as he's not god with heights. IF he get chimney sweeping jobs now he just sticks to normal size properties.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Not sure how they do it in France but in the US you can just put a "chimney liner" up the flu it's like a stainless steel heat resistant tube that is just supported inside the chimney wall. that would be the safest thing to do
Yes, in France, for new installations, they do now line the chimneys with the pipes you talk about and the convoluted type as well (for bendy chimneys).

Looks like they're going have have to repaint the chimney breast in the Marquis room. Looks like when they took the plastic sheeting down it's taken the paint with it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.