The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we’re still meant to believe Dame Fanny Four Flues is sweeping the flues every winter - firstly you’re meant to do it before winter. Secondly, no flue that’s regularly swept produces this amount of soot. I call the ubiquitous LieLande BS. And Nathan does too with his “Really?” remark. His face says he’s not buying the BS.
That soot is a fire risk and proof that Dame Fanny Four Flues has still no care for any of her residents or paying guests lives.
View attachment 1747430
View attachment 1747434
I'm going to call BULLSHIT on the sweeping of the chimneys every year. There is no way that is one years worth of soot and chimney coke. We've just swept ours (bit late this year but still no need yet for fires) and there was so little that came down. Once we start using ours it's used solidly, day and night, for a good 4 to 5 months.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Yes, in France, for new installations, they do now line the chimneys with the pipes you talk about and the convoluted type as well (for bendy chimneys).

You also need to have a yearly certificate stating the chimney has been swept by a professional sweep, otherwise it invalidates your insurance. (Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but been AWOL...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Moving on to her Chateau tours.... is she invited, or does she ask to feature them in her vlog?
Wonder if she'll turn up at Ed and Anna's place, at La Gorce? Free heating, hot water, decent food and wine.....

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am no chimney sweep- but- don't you have to clean it from above? If so why all the uncertainty and trouble about getting a big enough cherry picker to get up there. F4F would have known what she needed as she had it "cleaned every year" - unless she was getting it just reamed out from below - no pun intended- if that was the case then the top part would have had a lot of build up. Or she never had them cleaned as she also didn't know there were multiple flus in the chimneys .
And I'm going to call BULLSHIT and BOLLOX to cleaning the chimney from the top. Wtaf! I don't know if that's even possible

A great new intro from Amy & Marc. I wonder if they had a professional make it for them?

Yes we all need a mechanism like this just bigger! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:🍆
I note they didn't translate in the subtitles Benoits use of the slang word bitte 🤣 When Anna was saying Philip's first drawing looked like a little man Benoit said it had a tiny bitte... 🤣🍆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You also need to have a yearly certificate stating the chimney has been swept by a professional sweep, otherwise it invalidates your insurance. (Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but been AWOL...
That must be why F4F made that statement that they get the chimneys swept every year, to cover her ass as to her most likely failure to do so in several years. Fanny lies as easily as she breathes. As a general rule, IMHO, at least 75% of what Fanny says or communicates in any manner ( written or verbal) is fabricated, wrong, deliberately misleading, or a flat out lie. Lying about having chimneys swept regularly, that’s so LieLande!!!!

Moving on to her Chateau tours.... is she invited, or does she ask to feature them in her vlog?
Wonder if she'll turn up at Ed and Anna's place, at La Gorce? Free heating, hot water, decent food and wine.....
F4F would rather be anywhere in the world other than at her Dump. She will grift an invite from any source.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
And I'm going to call BULLSHIT and BOLLOX to cleaning the chimney from the top. Wtaf! I don't know if that's even possible
Yes @C'est moi, cleaning from the top is perfectly possible and would have been the only method available at the time the place was built. Obviously improved methods have been introduced since then but they are more expensive. Not SJ friendly 🥴

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It's looking a lot like Christmas at Begmania...
View attachment 1747941View attachment 1747943

Point of reference?
View attachment 1747952
As a by the by... this is an excellent film. Watched by accident a while back, there was sweet f.a. on the tv and during a stint of channel hopping himself found this. Declared "this looks like shite"and "I'm going to bed" only to hang around and become totally engrossed. Declaring at the end "that was a really good film. A decent thriller for a change".

Michael w.i.p. pictures are sweet. But he's a bit late to market them as Christmas cards. The artwork should have been done in the spring, printing during the summer and made available to purchase from September. Another Michael missed opportunity!

Reactions: 20
As a by the by... this is an excellent film. Watched by accident a while back, there was sweet f.a. on the tv and during a stint of channel hopping himself found this. Declared "this looks like shite"and "I'm going to bed" only to hang around and become totally engrossed. Declaring at the end "that was a really good film. A decent thriller for a change".

Michael w.i.p. pictures are sweet. But he's a bit late to market them as Christmas cards. The artwork should have been done in the spring, printing during the summer and made available to purchase from September. Another Michael missed opportunity!
You should read the book. It is 10 times better than the film. ;) (imho):)

Reactions: 11
I am glad Phillip did not buy the yacht. Even though they are once again working on the kitchen (suspect that pricey little Miele refrigerator has been on backorder), it is always good to see Benoit, and the relationship the Fleuries have with him. Ziggy was so happy to his his friend, Taz, and they were hysterical playing/roughhousing together (dog parents understand!) The Title sponsor video was funny- although it was scripted (Ziggy's little paws typing on the keyboard slayed me)- now, he is Lord Ziggy Heidelberg. I think the viewers have spoken- no one wants to watch the Fleuries start a lifestyle channel, and Anna will be starting the renovation of the dining room to hopefully have it ready by Christmas. I can't be mad about this, as it will be done properly, but hope they do NOT paint it red like Phillip wants to!
They bought a Miele fridge to be integrated which this is not why not just buy a normal fridge and shove it behind the cupboard door this is not integrated. 5 weeks to paint room that is very slow

Reactions: 13

Apologies to @LittleMore Cottage I had a funny five minutes and started typing something without properly digesting what you had written! Then I thought I had deleted it. No offence meant. And I believe @JackSpratt addressed the sweeping from the top. Apologies again x

I note they didn't translate in the subtitles Benoits use of the slang word bitte 🤣 When Anna was saying Philip's first drawing looked like a little man Benoit said it had a tiny bitte... 🤣🍆
I would like to sincerely apologise to @LittleMore Cottage for my outburst above. Having a funny five minutes, I started typing before fully digesting what you had written. I thought I had deleted it but then came to make another post and didn't realise it was still there. Absolutely no offence meant, apologies once again x

Reactions: 9
Yes @C'est moi, cleaning from the top is perfectly possible and would have been the only method available at the time the place was built. Obviously improved methods have been introduced since then but they are more expensive. Not SJ friendly 🥴

Definetly she is very busy producing whacka mole flogs as well know she reads here I posted about the regulations months ago , and the click bait titles of we where summoned to paris to explain our patreon wtf.

Thanks @Headhunter I have realised my error, didn't read what was in front of me, and then saw my rude outburst. I thought I had deleted it, feeling a bit embarrassed. Must do better!

• Heart
seeriously who would be wanting to hold a we
I have a question for one of you 15 tattlers, or is it three haghounds...

x

So my question is how much could she be charging for renting her chateau out for a wedding? I'm curious because whatever that euro amount is, multiplied by 70, it has to be a fairly tidy sum, right? And yet there is the ubiquitous Patreon grift, the constant whinging about budget, and the poor me I can't afford to buy 12 fruit trees...

So does anyone know what she could be charging?

I would want to be paid to hold my wedding there, seriously that chapel falling down, the dinner served at 10.30pm of mashed spuds and meat because phellep never had to cook work in the whole two years , when head aprons theres youre guest would be served 1300 calories maybe bread and wine if youre lucky enough to be judged skinny enough, cold rooms and peacock poo trestles served in the garage . Hell who on earth would in their right mind would want to hold a wedding at lie land?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am no chimney sweep- but- don't you have to clean it from above? If so why all the uncertainty and trouble about getting a big enough cherry picker to get up there. F4F would have known what she needed as she had it "cleaned every year" - unless she was getting it just reamed out from below - no pun intended- if that was the case then the top part would have had a lot of build up. Or she never had them cleaned as she also didn't know there were multiple flus in the chimneys .
It’s normal to clean from below but the top of the chimneys needed to be inspected to make sure they were safe before attaching the flu liners. ( I used to live in a listed medieval house and had to have this done)

Reactions: 18
At my grandfather's place, the pigs were given puffed corn with boiled turnips.
I do not know! Is it possible that this is a dinner for guests? At the chateau?
Maybe the elite eats like that, and only peasants eat meat, fish, cheese, eggs, pasta, fruit, bread....
I mean, I'm not fat, I'm normal weight, but this is not a meal.
Even the worst meal at SJ was nowhere near as bad as this dinner. Ok, maybe eggs cooked together with asparagus.
Oh dear, just turnips! :LOL:But I think Amy says there is more than turnips to eat, watch her here right at the end of the flog...
ca. 26:50 onwards

so we needn't worry unduly about the guests' dinner!:LOL:🥰,

• Haha
I've wondered about that too.
I'll rub your back and you rub mine type of arrangement.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.