The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That must be why F4F made that statement that they get the chimneys swept every year, to cover her ass as to her most likely failure to do so in several years. Fanny lies as easily as she breathes. As a general rule, IMHO, at least 75% of what Fanny says or communicates in any manner ( written or verbal) is fabricated, wrong, deliberately misleading, or a flat out lie. Lying about having chimneys swept regularly, that’s so LieLande!!!!

F4F would rather be anywhere in the world other than at her Dump. She will grift an invite from any source.
I think you’re being generous. It’s more like 90-95%!🐂💩

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Many old houses have chimney construction issues where a timber may actually traverse the flue as it ascends through the house. This can be there for donkeys years without any issue but a chimney fire can change that instantly. A stately house called Powerscourt had a chimney fire in 1974, the fire brigade thought it was out but a timber up in the chimney was still smouldering and it took off again in the small hours destroying the house. It was many years later and ownership had changed from Lord Powerscourt's family to Slazenger (sports brand) family before some restoration work was done. Not back to how it was, now shops, cafe and main ballroom is wedding venue. The formal gardens are in top 10 in the world.

As I wrote this I recalled how it looked so similar to state of Dan's chateau, perhaps he has Nike or Adidas sponsoring the works.🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I want to see the thermometer before they lit up the wood burners and after the wood burner has been going for an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours :)

Did Teabag make a whole door in 1 vlog while Master carpenter Annmarie with all his fancy tools made the paneling for the Marquis salon in 6 months, too add insult even Dan made a window in 1 vlog:)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
[USER=301044]@graciemckitten
"That must be why F4F made that statement that they get the chimneys swept every year, to cover her ass as to her most likely failure to do so in several years. Fanny lies as easily as she breathes. As a general rule, IMHO, at least 75% of what Fanny says or communicates in any manner ( written or verbal) is fabricated, wrong, deliberately misleading, or a flat out lie. Lying about having chimneys swept regularly, that’s so LieLande!!!!"

Pointing out that the chimneys are cleaned annually reminded me of when she was overstating the installation of fire extinguishers.
Stephanie seems a bit preoccupied with the threat of possible fire of late (and so she should be, me thinks).

I want to see the thermometer before they lit up the wood burners and after the wood burner has been going for an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours :)

Did Teabag make a whole door in 1 vlog while Master carpenter Annmarie with all his fancy tools made the paneling for the Marquis salon in 6 months, too add insult even Dan made a window in 1 vlog:)
I was impressed by Dan's efforts.
I thought he might just slap it together but he was quite gentle and careful with it's restoration.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Absolutely no surprise here! They opened the door to a mess.

Ami has no job, lives in a chateau and cannot keep it clean and tidy. I would not be letting a camera in!

View attachment 1747071
another problem those chateau wannebees dont seem to understand or dont mind...keeping a place that size clean is a nightmare...by watching Fannies travelvlog....Ami and Marc are hoarders.... :rolleyes: hoarders are no cleaners...i agree tidy up or keep the camera out..Btw those pants Marc was wearing also needed a good clean...

That bedroom is really nice with those wallcoverings..but you have to keep the tempature a bit stable...and also the damp...otherwise it wont work..

They both have so much plans...i hope for them they are finished by the time they are eighty...btw what are they doing for a living? that estate surely cant support itself and the family...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I am no chimney sweep- but- don't you have to clean it from above? If so why all the uncertainty and trouble about getting a big enough cherry picker to get up there. F4F would have known what she needed as she had it "cleaned every year" - unless she was getting it just reamed out from below - no pun intended- if that was the case then the top part would have had a lot of build up. Or she never had them cleaned as she also didn't know there were multiple flus in the chimneys .
The soot must have lodged in the middle section as they said the rain reduces the soot at the top of the chimney ( must wash it away) hence the accumulation in the middle?

I USE A BURNT CANDLE END - IT TAKES ABOUT 14 HOURS
Quicker if you intensify with tin foil 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did everyone spot the three soliado bags in SJ and PJ 's room in Marc and x Amy's place. Three ffs yellow, blue and red. They look like the bags pre natal sold in the 90's for all your baby paraphernalia.
Well, Snorts was born in 1996........seems his mother kept the bags.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
another problem those chateau wannebees dont seem to understand or dont mind...keeping a place that size clean is a nightmare...by watching Fannies travelvlog....Ami and Marc are hoarders.... :rolleyes: hoarders are no cleaners...i agree tidy up or keep the camera out..Btw those pants Marc was wearing also needed a good clean...

That bedroom is really nice with those wallcoverings..but you have to keep the tempature a bit stable...and also the damp...otherwise it wont work..

They both have so much plans...i hope for them they are finished by the time they are eighty...btw what are they doing for a living? that estate surely cant support itself and the family...
He’s part of a ridiculously rich champagne family. His family has been rich for like 400 years or something. I can’t remember the brand. I think he’s doing all of this on an inheritance.

He’s part of a ridiculously rich champagne family. His family has been rich for like 400 years or something. I can’t remember the brand. I think he’s doing all of this on an inheritance.

The Champagne is Henriot. I think he said something about his grandmother being involved in the 1800’s in the “Tour” video.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Looks like they're going have have to repaint the chimney breast in the Marquis room. Looks like when they took the plastic sheeting down it's taken the paint with it.
For all the size of the cherry picker the room prep seemed very hasty.
No protection for the floor tiles either.
Was the chimney in squirrels room ever swept as it seemed very difficult to access it. UNLIKELY.
The excitement of the possibility of having heat. It is NOT yet guaranteed. And I thought that wood burners size would be calculated for the room size. If so the ones she has bought are TinY.
she Did mention a lovely green one for the marquis apartment in the vlog reveal of that room and now it is going to be put in the winter salon and the cream one in the marquis apartment, sticking out like a sore thumb.

squirrel always looks uncomfortable at dining tables…?Scared of the food?
As for his taking lots of photos of the shutters in their bedroom at Amy and Marc’s… I must speak with Amoury so we can do something similar.
It will be more than his name on the back of the panelling at this rate

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Fanny and her woodburners....three woodburners....one in the entrancehall :eek: one in her boudoir and one in the marquisappartment..That appartment is on the other side of the building?? Does she even think she can heat her whole farmhouse with three of those small woodburners..the heap has lotts of singleglass windows...lotts of outsidedoors....:rolleyes: cold corridors...and stairways...the heat is gone in no time...I have the feeling she has only three chimnies that are in working order..i guess the rest isnt even fit for a fireplace...let alone a woodburner...

Offcourse she didnt sweep her flues...not even one time a year....thats not romantic.... Btw i dont think her burner in her boudoir will burn much...all that wood up those stairs...and the ashes back down....the dust...its a huge task...i dont see Fanny or snort doing that a whole winter...Maybe Maria or Pavlina?? how good is life to volunteer at a chateau....

I remember that my father was very happy when in 1970 gas came to the estate...it costed a fortune because they had to dig a few kilometers.....he always hated it when we wanted to light the fireplaces,...or even burn a candle...he was always afraid of fire..the work involved and the dust...,the heatingsystem before ran on oil...and before that it was cole..the oiltanks were constant empty..and the heaters werent also very good in those days...i remember the bedrooms were always cold when i was young..Even in the cottage we stayed in in winter..ice on the windows...We had some very harish winters in the eighties with more than -20C...The water in the toilets was frozen..and the staff had a huge task to keep the pipes from freezing.. i dont want those winters back...

The Champagne is Henriot. I think he said something about his grandmother being involved in the 1800’s in the “Tour” video.
well...when they are so well off...he should hire Amy a housekeeper, one who also can cook...:rolleyes: when you have money your place shouldnt look like that......and you should serve guests a decent meal...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
You also need to have a yearly certificate stating the chimney has been swept by a professional sweep, otherwise it invalidates your insurance. (Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but been AWOL...
Correct. If she'd had them swept each year, she'd have done a vlog about it at some stage, any excuse to stick the pink phone in someones face. As for those woodburners 'heating the shitoo', erm rotten windows and little to no insulation plus they're actually not that big. I wonder what the KW heat output is on each of them.. Who is going to keep them going all day? Won't be Fan Flash, that's for sure.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
For all the size of the cherry picker the room prep seemed very hasty.
No protection for the floor tiles either.
Was the chimney in squirrels room ever swept as it seemed very difficult to access it. UNLIKELY.
The excitement of the possibility of having heat. It is NOT yet guaranteed. And I thought that wood burners size would be calculated for the room size. If so the ones she has bought are TinY.
she Did mention a lovely green one for the marquis apartment in the vlog reveal of that room and now it is going to be put in the winter salon and the cream one in the marquis apartment, sticking out like a sore thumb.

squirrel always looks uncomfortable at dining tables…?Scared of the food?
As for his taking lots of photos of the shutters in their bedroom at Amy and Marc’s… I must speak with Amoury so we can do something similar.
It will be more than his name on the back of the panelling at this rate
Are you saying that in a 100 years when the last of the not so grand salon paneling rots away it will reveal something nasty in the woodshed? Perhaps a mummified squirrel?!? Mangy looking with painted nails and a mouldering acrylic sweater wrapped around?!? It’s enough to give one the shudderin’ ‘orrors it is! In years to come former residents will talk of hearing the faint scritch, scritch, scritch of nails on wood. Hear the whispered, “but darling…our chateau…Faaaannnyyyy…”. French school children will dare each other to run up and rap on the door and run away shrieking with laughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.