The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the chimneys were not inspected before the burners were purchased? Well, of course not, that's silly. What do you bet that the chimneys are not fit to be used? Full of soot and what not, cracked stones and bricks, missing stones and bricks, etc. So stupid, it's unbelievable! Now there will be a pile of log burners joining the pile of toilets, sinks and bidets.
So they bought the château, tore down walls and floors, installed some floor heating but not in all rooms. First winter in they realised heating is too weak but they didn't ask the company to redo it as long they still had some warranty? And all 16 winters later they never had the idea to at least to use their wood and heat with burners?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Philipp couldn't help himself and hopped on the lordship bandwagon.

At least he maintained a sense of humour about it, and it's Ziggy who is a doggy lord.
Which makes me think that even though he is using the ad to make money, he sees the silliness of it, and is taking the mickey.

So they bought the château, tore down walls and floors, installed some floor heating but not in all rooms. First winter in they realised heating is too weak but they didn't ask the company to redo it as long they still had some warranty? And all 16 winters later they never had the idea to at least to use their wood and heat with burners?
Obviously not.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Before I leave, have the gay pair staying at Lalande been giving Dan instructions "How to tie a scarf" ? Either that, or he has a woman in his life.

I noticed the scarf and thought, Hmmmm?
I have long thought the Danny Boy and Cuz brojob duo have occasionally been playing hide the bored (sic) lumber!😈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
So we’re still meant to believe Dame Fanny Four Flues is sweeping the flues every winter - firstly you’re meant to do it before winter. Secondly, no flue that’s regularly swept produces this amount of soot. I call the ubiquitous LieLande BS. And Nathan does too with his “Really?” remark. His face says he’s not buying the BS.
That soot is a fire risk and proof that Dame Fanny Four Flues has still no care for any of her residents or paying guests lives.
07CC14EE-BCFD-4452-8D29-7AB208449E4B.png

E4D1BC5F-8760-4A19-A431-266859C246E5.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Not sure how they do it in France but in the US you can just put a "chimney liner" up the flu it's like a stainless steel heat resistant tube that is just supported inside the chimney wall. that would be the safest thing to do
I seem to remember Dick Strawbridge did that at her place- they were in the attic sorting it out

Reactions: 10
@mousepanda8, thank you for posting parts of Frank & Ivo’s blog. It’s very obvious that they were badly hurt by Stephanie. I imagine that Steph has left lots of people in her wake of destruction over the years. Does anyone know where F & I are from?
Also from that account of the happenings, nothing has changed ever. She is what she is.

Reactions: 17
I don't think she was ever there in the winter before Covid. so she didn't need to heat it . That's my guess anyway, if she was cold she could have just gone to SA or her London flat.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Did everyone spot the three soliado bags in SJ and PJ 's room in Marc and x Amy's place. Three ffs yellow, blue and red. They look like the bags pre natal sold in the 90's for all your baby paraphernalia.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
From the other side of the world it seems like there is a mass shooting in the US every week - surely this one HAS to be a hate crime. Truly mind blowing in 2022 - 'land of the free' my arse.
We have a good many unhinged people and lots of guns. I hope the gun lobby runs out of money soon so they can’t continue to influence our politicians to allow this to go on.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So we’re still meant to believe Dame Fanny Four Flues is sweeping the flues every winter - firstly you’re meant to do it before winter. Secondly, no flue that’s regularly swept produces this amount of soot. I call the ubiquitous LieLande BS. And Nathan does too with his “Really?” remark. His face says he’s not buying the BS.
That soot is a fire risk and proof that Dame Fanny Four Flues has still no care for any of her residents or paying guests lives.
View attachment 1747430
View attachment 1747434
I am no chimney sweep- but- don't you have to clean it from above? If so why all the uncertainty and trouble about getting a big enough cherry picker to get up there. F4F would have known what she needed as she had it "cleaned every year" - unless she was getting it just reamed out from below - no pun intended- if that was the case then the top part would have had a lot of build up. Or she never had them cleaned as she also didn't know there were multiple flus in the chimneys .

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Did everyone spot the three soliado bags in SJ and PJ 's room in Marc and x Amy's place. Three ffs yellow, blue and red. They look like the bags pre natal sold in the 90's for all your baby paraphernalia.
They look like overpriced, designer tagged, knock offs from India.

I do know Indian hand-blocked fabrics very well- I use them consistently in my sewing. The last lot I had sent over to Oz were about $5AUST per metre- when I lived in India I paid $3Aust per metre!

There is absolutely no "designer" worthy status in those bags.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Well look what I found after returning to NY from Edinburgh today...my fridge science experiment. After a good night's sleep I'm sure to find more.:eek:
20221120_184914.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I am no chimney sweep- but- don't you have to clean it from above? If so why all the uncertainty and trouble about getting a big enough cherry picker to get up there. F4F would have known what she needed as she had it "cleaned every year" - unless she was getting it just reamed out from below - no pun intended- if that was the case then the top part would have had a lot of build up. Or she never had them cleaned as she also didn't know there were multiple flus in the chimneys .
We’ll never know - maybe we could ask Frank and Ivo - they seem likely to have organised that service on Dame Fanny Four Flues behalf if they had common sense. We didn’t see the installation of the boudoir wood burner, which has the four flues running from one chimney. No mention of the necessary repairs. As one tartlet jokingly said “it’s a tear down”

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Looks like only one person slept here

We’ll never know - maybe we could ask Frank and Ivo - they seem likely to have organised that service on Dame Fanny Four Flues behalf if they had common sense. We didn’t see the installation of the boudoir wood burner, which has the four flues running from one chimney. No mention of the necessary repairs. As one tartlet jokingly said “it’s a tear down”
Frank and Ivo said she was always gone and never left $ for maintenance- So LaLande.

Attachments

Reactions: 22
I have never FF through so many CD she keeps referring to him as her boyfriend, something she didn't before especially as ofyen as she does now.

Something is stewing and he seems quiet, did notice someone on couch got up and walked off (sure it was Philip) when Stephanie was gushing over puppy.

I know Andrew and his partner live close by BUT round at lalande all the time, I believe they will be the ones chasing him out. Comment about food and now turn up with a puppy, what next are they going to show.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.