The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think La Jarvis gets away with it by maintaining the farmhouse’s decrepit condition while gaslighting her fans regarding her exhausting work schedule. She’s a master manipulator.

Does it count if they played one on Broadway?!?

How about…Fanny LaFlash’s Fabulous Farmhouse of Flaming duck All?!? Too much?!?
No they have to be a genuine chimney sweep

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I would like to know if the dried potato peels burning is a real thing? Sounds like he was being funny. But sometimes strange things work. My. Ex had asthma and couldn't be in the house if I peeled potatoes he would have his airway close, (he could eat them cooked ) so.maybe there is something to it.
Is recommended again and again but:

"Tuber prevents soot formation in the chimney

However, the harmful soot is not only deposited on the pane, but also inside the fireplace, in the pipe and sometimes in the home. To reduce this effect, some stove owners recommend burning some dried potato peel in the stove. The completely dried peelings are said to reduce the formation of glossy soot.

However, the Bundesverband des Schornsteinfegerhandwerks - Zentralinnungsverband (ZIV) advises against this tip: According to § 3 ff 1. BImSchV (Ordinance on the Implementation of the Federal Immission Control Act), burning food leftovers is not permitted. Moreover, this method does not replace regular cleaning and maintenance of the chimney pipe by the chimney sweep, says the ZIV."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh no, now you presented them an idea how to get away with their very own yacht. 😔 Renting out. Like B&B on water. YachtBnB. It will support their renovation. But much less work than their château hotel. It's a bargain. They only need an volunteer skipper.
There are such things. Down here on the med coast there are a number of airbnb boat accommodation available. Some of them stay moored but some of them come with staff and will chugg you along the coastline.

• Wow
@Madame No BTW whatever happened to that extremely good looking couple who also were redoing a chateau, the woman was a doctor and very beautiful.

Erin and JB at Chateau de Bourneau. They are still there, still working very hard and have holiday homes in the grounds. They also cater for weddings etc. Not advertising for them but I do like them as they do not BEG.
Their place is about 45min from me. From the website, the gites look lovely, clean and fresh. They've even featured on the local TV Vendee chanel, in a segment called hidden treasures.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Train talk here while we wait with anticipation for CU suggests we all have bucket lists to complete. Iceland is on mine to see the Northern Lights, Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle.

SJ and PJ would never make it in a real job. Pay for Performance with goals and measures...they'd end up paying their employer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That must be why F4F made that statement that they get the chimneys swept every year, to cover her ass as to her most likely failure to do so in several years. Fanny lies as easily as she breathes. As a general rule, IMHO, at least 75% of what Fanny says or communicates in any manner ( written or verbal) is fabricated, wrong, deliberately misleading, or a flat out lie. Lying about having chimneys swept regularly, that’s so LieLande!!!!
She can't cover her ass from the insurance trolls, though. If an event was to happen (not unheard of at Lalande) and she saw fit to claim, if it had anything to do with the fires, the chimneys etc and her policy states she must have them swept professionally on a yearly basis (which most home insurance policies do) she will have to produce documentation proving said sweepings have occurred. If an insurance policy of any kind is in place, it is actually most likely invalidated already, as I can think of several standard clauses that she simply is not compliant with - safe and up to date electrics being one.

She can lie to her audience, but a loss adjuster would smell this from a mile away and insurance won't pay anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Iceland is on mine to see the Northern Lights, Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle.
Likewise. Mrs H and our daughters visited Iceland last year. They enjoyed it immensely. We see the Northern lights regularly here and they never cease to amaze me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Many old houses have chimney construction issues where a timber may actually traverse the flue as it ascends through the house. This can be there for donkeys years without any issue but a chimney fire can change that instantly. A stately house called Powerscourt had a chimney fire in 1974, the fire brigade thought it was out but a timber up in the chimney was still smouldering and it took off again in the small hours destroying the house. It was many years later and ownership had changed from Lord Powerscourt's family to Slazenger (sports brand) family before some restoration work was done. Not back to how it was, now shops, cafe and main ballroom is wedding venue. The formal gardens are in top 10 in the world.

As I wrote this I recalled how it looked so similar to state of Dan's chateau, perhaps he has Nike or Adidas sponsoring the works.🤣🤣
Fire can decimate so quickly. And if it doesn't burn, the smoke damage will ruin it. This happened recently, I have a friend who popped over to the supermarket for a quick shop and upon coming back home and opening the front door she was greeted by flames. Her newly redecorated front room was destroyed and the culprit seemed to be a vape left on charge. Suffice to say, the whole house is unusable, but insurance will sort it out in 6 months and pay for temporary accommodation in the meantime.

• Wow
Offcourse she didnt sweep her flues...not even one time a year....thats not romantic.... Btw i dont think her burner in her boudoir will burn much...all that wood up those stairs...and the ashes back down....the dust...its a huge task...i dont see Fanny or snort doing that a whole winter...Maybe Maria or Pavlina?? how good is life to volunteer at a chateau....
They need Cinderella back .... akka CindersRuth I'm sure she'd be delighted

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Back from train journeys (how I'd love to take all those trains! ❤ !) and back to Halloween (Am I getting obsessed? Maybe.
🥰 Seems I am avoiding to brave the cold and wet to do some sorely needed garden maintenance!:LOL:

A bit of scary storytelling by the Irish Mammy aka DB.
ENJOY! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:🥰
What a night it turned out to be.....certainly not for the faint hearted....or anyone with a delicate stomach.....for me a strict Irish catholic, it was very challenging........
It started of with very strange goings on in the afternoon.....there were huge foot prints in the walled garden going out towards the forest....much too big for the peacocks....also there was a thump thump noise in the distance.....
Approx 400kms from Lalande, is the village of Plagne...some 150million years a 40m saurpod left its footprints in the mud.....
This was a very strange weekend....is it possible that 1 has been hibernating in the forest @ Lalande all this time......or is there another logical explanation.......Oh my goodness......
EVERY evening in the Marquis Suite....I kid you not...a sound coming from the the corner of the room like glasses clinking makes us all look up.....no one is upstairs...as the guests are in the marquis suite...what is the explanation....
I go for a shower & change into my Sunday best jogging bottoms( not that I have any desire to jog I might add!!), I polish my crocs & head over to the Chateau for dinner......
As I step in the door I can hear muffled voices.....I walk through the reception foyer which has 2 very elegantly dressed tables with lit candelabra....the flames are flickering.....yet there are no doors open...
I suddenly feel very very cold.....as I make my way towards the dinning room...a petite figure comes towards me with her head bowed muttering Compeyson..estella...I said hello with no response just a continual muttering of these two words......It was quickly starting to look like my Great Expectations of a wonderful evening were dwindling fast.......
My heart was beating...& the palms of my hands clammy....I was thinking did I fall & bang my head..or did I die & land in hell...as I approached the dinning room there were a number of shadowy figures in the dimly lit room.....not a familiar face in sight....
Sitting on a couch was a Nun with child...cuddled to a man she referred to as Compeyson......when the confused lady approached they covered their faces with a fan.....it was definitely the moment for a Hail Mary!!!
Was the meat under cooked....so many people had blood coming from their mouths.....
Dan should have left some cards for the Turkish dentist....a lot of prospective clients who would have benefited from a little bit of tooth filing!!!
There was another Bride & her beau who looked like the life was sucked out of them....
There were clowns but not the funny ones I was used to who splashed you with water from the lapel on their coat.....these were very sinister characters.......
Then we had a very tall gentleman dressed in black....who glared back if you glimpsed his way.......
There were spiders crawling over the food.......
Was the cabbage & beetroot marinated in the blood of the bride & her beau.....it certainly looked like it....
The dessert was a green coloured cheesecake....what could it possibly have been flavoured with.....& served with mutilated fingers..AGHHHH...when was I going to waken up from this nightmare.....
I was starting to feel queezy....was the cous cous I had just eaten...not really been cous cous at all...but rice made from the bodies who lost their fingers?????.........
A tall handsome man is walking about clearly trying to impress the other Nun, I don't know what vows she was considering breaking but I can confirm at that point 1 less than her companion....
Very very strange people indeed.........what was that thump thump ...oh my giddy aunt....is that a dinosaur in the corner?????
I could feel myself getting very dizzy.....my head was in a tailspin.....then....everything went black!!!!
The next thing I knew I was in my bed in the Marquis suite......was I dreaming.....I reached for my phone it was bleeping away about notifications......I looked at the gallery......well the rest is history.....the camera cannot lie!!!! lol!!!!.....
As I looked across the court yard I could see Isabelle & Percy getting ready to leave........I decided I would not mention anything about the previous nights shenanigens unless they did.......not a word was spoke about it.......silence is golden..........
Note to one's self Brenda....avoid Halloween when next visiting Chateau de Lalande..........
Thank you everyone for a great night.
Well done to Maria & Philip for preparing the food.
Pavlina done a great job on the decorations.
A special thanks to all those who created their amazing costumes to entertain us.
PS. Thanks for the photos girls xx

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
another problem those chateau wannebees dont seem to understand or dont mind...keeping a place that size clean is a nightmare...by watching Fannies travelvlog....Ami and Marc are hoarders.... :rolleyes: hoarders are no cleaners...i agree tidy up or keep the camera out..Btw those pants Marc was wearing also needed a good clean...

That bedroom is really nice with those wallcoverings..but you have to keep the tempature a bit stable...and also the damp...otherwise it wont work..

They both have so much plans...i hope for them they are finished by the time they are eighty...btw what are they doing for a living? that estate surely cant support itself and the family...
The Count's musings have taken me down a path I haven't been on before - what do all of these chateau owners, the ones who don't have millions in assets coming their way via inheritance sooner rather than later like Fanny does, plan to do in old age?

Most of them are no longer in fulltime employment, so I assume they make no contributions for their pension? Or can they do so via their Youtube/Patreon income? But that would imply this income is taxable and I know this is a grey area as of now. A lot of them also have put their entire life savings and income into the money pits, so it's not like they have a safety cushion.

I suppose they could sell and downsize at that point, but unless they do major improvements in their lifetime, what are the chances they find other idiots to buy the heaps from them?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Keep an eye on Daddy’s paintings. If these start disappearing then we know she is storing them somewhere safe out of harms way before the fire
Perhaps it is more clever than we think. For years she squawks about "Daddy's Paintings" so that everyone thinks she is attached to them. But she hates them.* And then there's a fire in the shitto and she complains that her beloved deceased father's masterpieces have been burnt. Wouldn't that be some kind of cover ?
*Clara, by the way, said that before YT she didn't care much about the pieces and in the old videos you can also see them standing on the floor in the hallway, unframed....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
For all the size of the cherry picker the room prep seemed very hasty.
No protection for the floor tiles either.
Was the chimney in squirrels room ever swept as it seemed very difficult to access it. UNLIKELY.
The excitement of the possibility of having heat. It is NOT yet guaranteed. And I thought that wood burners size would be calculated for the room size. If so the ones she has bought are TinY.
she Did mention a lovely green one for the marquis apartment in the vlog reveal of that room and now it is going to be put in the winter salon and the cream one in the marquis apartment, sticking out like a sore thumb.
Are we to assume that the geothermal system downstairs has still not been fixed? So they literally have no source of heating whatsoever?
Jesus Christ, Fanny! Even cavemen were able to light a fire at the end of the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Are we to assume that the geothermal system downstairs has still not been fixed? So they literally have no source of heating whatsoever?
Jesus Christ, Fanny! Even cavemen were able to light a fire at the end of the day.
Thermal underwear on everyone's Christmas wishlist🎄

• Haha
Fanny loves to put people down by videoing them in unflattering or embarrassing situations. Is that why the LieLande crew never tell F4F to button up her blouse or pull down her skirt/ dress?
No because these are not wardrobe malfunctions, her dresses are meant to be up her arse and her boobs are meant to be free for all to peruse...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.