The Chateau Diaries #194 Former boyband bedbug turned porcelain fondling charleston dancing parasite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
5) I will never downplay or forget the enchanting effect of the ever laudatory utterances of the chateau owner I worked for a few years ago, an absolute queen when it comes to literal and figurative adornment, by celebrating every attempt at creation or even plain maintenance or domestic work with the awarding words ‘best ever in her life’ or ‘you are so extraordinarily talented’, always applauding the efforts of the only one capable and thus adding to her own charm by interminably being friendly and complimentary.
I obviously can’t prove malicious intent nor would I want to suggest any, but when I finally came to recognize the pattern, the profound non-exclusiveness of her remarks, her fictitious spell on me was promptly broken.

6)
The actual story ties together me, a well attended chateau easter party unfortunately causing a severe blockage in a sewer pipe situated high upon a ceiling, little understanding of skills needed to resolve this problem but serious good intentions of helpfulness, and one ladder only just high enough for a balanced reach, or so I thought before taking into account the pressure released when opening the valve.

The appurtenant narrative easily tempts me into meandering exaggeration so is probably best kept safely tucked away from me by your ability to imagine and my ardent need to remain eloquent, with only one aspect worthy to push forward in its real redefinition of the words messy and smelly. Oh, and this: the problem wasn’t resolved by my heroic but dimwitted performance and the meanwhile engaged plumber suffered the same fate the next day, somewhat saving my ego. The epic clean up, thematically summarized in the French saying ‘Après nous, le déluge’, also includes relevant comparison to present day USA, but I’ll spare you.

7) six years ago today, having only just started the French adventure that would turn our lives upside down in many ways but grounded us in so many more, stunned by the apparent generosity of the chatelaine who took us in while in the same breath left us responsible in and for her majestic castle without proper instructions or funds to manage the various challenges coming our way, an enduring friendship commenced when we were kindly invited to share in the Thanksgiving celebrations at yet another chateau, a magical place lit by candles and warmed by a roaring open fire, with its comely chatelaine in front of it when we entered hesitantly, wearing “Yes, it’s a nighty”, one of a vast collection we soon learned because they were all hanging from the ancient beamed ceiling, adding original enchantment to the already captivating ambiance.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Not everyone can make lasting friendships in their school years, and sometimes one also can't control the gender of the people one ends up getting close with. I was a weird kid on the spectrum, growing up in Eastern Europe. I had trouble bonding as a kid, and also could never seem to be able to finance the activities the other kids did which allowed them to hang out with each other and get close. School trips, swimming lessons, parties, prom etc. were out of bounds for me.

I'm a strange lassie and I know it, but most girls/women are a lot less socially forgiving than men. I end up grating or offending them without meaning to, so now most of my social circle and my closest friends tend to be men. II moved to the UK after finishing highschool. Having to be on the job market improved things tremendously for me, I've made most of my friends through work. I've gotten better with social cues and how to manage people's feelings but I have the impression most women don't see me as the best friend type. My best female friend is unfortunately abroad and on a 7 hours difference time zone, we catch up once in a while, but if I'm hanging out with someone in my day to day life chances are it's a man.

What I'm saying is, lacking friends from childhood, friends of a certain gender, or friends in general is not a foolproof method of gouging someone's nature.

@KyBourbon and @MRShavershamsdress I never understood why the world is so stupid as to alienate and hate people for something as trivial and natural as sexual orientation. Of course, I can see this aspect of your life has been nothing but trivial. I hope one day this will be a thing of the past.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
8) I’ve managed quite well over the years to work around that nonsense, with great successes to look back on, but the years of partaking in the exuberant chateau celebrations and the incline to immense emptiness it procured in a non-negotiable way, has moved my fondness for bling bling towards a more hands-on approach, like cooking our favorite and traditional winter stews in our fancy Moroccan tagine. Just as festive!

9) a very very intresting snippet

he word still very much resonates our extravagant experiences being part of the entourage of the local chatelaine, who according to a recent CNN article about her fluttery escapades since has become a YouTube sensation by filming the lives of the people around her, mostly volunteers she has attracted to her chateau to fulfill her decadent desires and hedonistic lifestyle, a completely conceivable and catchy escape route to embark on for so many who found themselves confined to their apartments because of the global pandemic. The authority she has created by ‘just spreading joy’ is as impressive and admirable as it is reprehensible, exposed even more by the additional channel she started entirely devoted to unwrapping the precious gifts she receives unsolicited from fans all over the world, donating the revenues from adds to charity, bless her heart.

Had I not known her personally, I for sure would have been very vocal about this contumacious carbuncle, being the born moral knight I choose to portray, but my past involvement with everything related to the intrigues of this chateau, reaching far beyond the moral boundaries I so shamefully ignored, not only dissolves my inclination to speak out but takes away any claim I might think I have on it.

10) his Scrooge was about to dust off stories of French chateau life and its unsurpassed expansion when it comes to other peoples traditions, how it has ruined his festive appetite, not a word of a lie moreover but certainly not very motivating or jolly either, like the birth of the Gay-Bûche-de-Noël folklore, originating in the chateau custom of creating a glamorous group portrait around the spectacular tree on Christmas Eve, which sparked a caustic online comment from my sister because on it Ivory and I where split up and made to look like some dirndls’ husbands, and ridicule and derision fell to her through the noisily laughing mouths of the castle inhabitants, befogged to be misunderstood on their artistic intentions, retroactively ill-considered, so they added a two groom cake-figurine on their traditional French dessert and declared their allegiance to repeating that pompously yearly, prolonging our discomfort, just for the fun of it.

11) Unlike in chateau years, where the owner’s imposed motto when running into trouble was to patiently wait until another, more urgent problem arose, only to repeat that mantra again and again, I like to think solution-oriented and get quite frustrated when unsuccessful.

12) The years of being the caretaker of a neighboring chateau, even though the priorities of the frequently traveling chatelaine hardly ever involved any maintenance or repair anyway

13) Last week, Ivory experienced an astonishing discovery by suddenly recognizing the chateau where we used to live, never having noticed it in the years since our retreat from that madhouse that magically disappeared in wishful thinking, but all this time it was actually and prominently right there in one of our views, the one now mostly blocked by our neighbors newly build extension, thus providing a generous offering of protection, an unsuspected and impossible to conceptualize, but more than valid reason for its presence.

With appropriate suspicion but also an unambiguous enthusiasm we have welcomed the news that our neighbors will finally try and finish their Woe-some Wall within the next three weeks, allowing us to enshroud it in beauty soon and put an end to all the annoyance and tension it created.

• Heart
  • Wow
14) the real reason the lake was drained!

In our years at the local chateau, where the owners were freaked by the unbridled costs of regulative legal water management into actually emptying their lake, a ravaging decision solely based on a bogus fear but certainly not unprecedented in our area, we got somewhat acquainted with the stringency of these governmental interventions and the ecological responsibilities they entail. These strict directives have sadly driven many locals away because of their unworkable and unaffordable bureaucracy, ironically leaving their once thriving industrial properties, like watermills, to the same elements the thus broken rules are supposed to prioritize and favorize.

Completely captivated by the fierceness these walks uncover, all I needed without ever knowing it beforehand, I always return to our tiny Les Pierres comfortably convinced by its size, its magic and the correctness of our choice to never have to empty a lake.

• Wow
What a romantic night away darling. Pulling turnips.
I couldn’t bear to touch them , my nails , oh and the dirt.
What a complete wimp he is .
Is he also choosing her jumpers so they look like twins?
Not very glamorous - more caravan park chic.
I don’t think it was a romantic hug. Philip was just helping old drunk Stephanie up the stairs.
FDD4688E-359C-4993-9943-6ABD78C8D817.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
A final snippet from the blogs -nBefore we moved to Les Pierres, we were the caretakers of a property close by. The owners proclaimed it their life motto to try and be tolerant to intolerant people, which weirdly enough sounded wonderful and open-minded at first, until we realized just how toxic an environment it created, where misconduct without any consequence ruled.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
On the latest Chateau Love

A note to Viv and Simon.

Hanging Simon's photos on the walls and installing gym equipment does not change an 'ugly' room into a gallery/gym.
It's still an ugly room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you! Maybe he’s reflected and has different thoughts now. I do know from a couple of people that he has 3 kids (the oldest just got married) and he lives 2 hours away from me. Appears he’s been successful in business. Hopefully he’s had a nice life.

No, that picture wasn’t my tablescape…it was a picture pulled from the Mrs. Alice site.

Here’s a picture of it on my table for a lunch I hosted last spring. The table wasn’t completely finished yet, and the candy was for my nieces!

View attachment 1741027
Stunning❤

Thank you! I hired an artist to paint the walls in a landscape scenic (it’s bright and cheery…mostly blue and green, with some splashes of color). It took her about a month to finish. It represents the scenery and landscape around my house. Because it’s painted, I don’t have to worry about wallpaper seams! No crayons for me! 😄

Also, I iron my tablecloth! 😆

That reminds me…I really need to clean my house today!

It’s painted, so I don’t have to worry about seams!

Here’s a picture of what I served for the lunch (pre-plated), and another picture from a different meal showing more of the wall.

I think I can do as good a job as Phi Phi! But, I guess I’m REALLY gay! 😆 (I don’t use tin foil in my candlesticks, though!)

View attachment 1741075

View attachment 1741076
That mural is gorgeous! I hope you share more pics of your home🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
14) the real reason the lake was drained!

In our years at the local chateau, where the owners were freaked by the unbridled costs of regulative legal water management into actually emptying their lake, a ravaging decision solely based on a bogus fear but certainly not unprecedented in our area, we got somewhat acquainted with the stringency of these governmental interventions and the ecological responsibilities they entail. These strict directives have sadly driven many locals away because of their unworkable and unaffordable bureaucracy, ironically leaving their once thriving industrial properties, like watermills, to the same elements the thus broken rules are supposed to prioritize and favorize.

Completely captivated by the fierceness these walks uncover, all I needed without ever knowing it beforehand, I always return to our tiny Les Pierres comfortably convinced by its size, its magic and the correctness of our choice to never have to empty a lake.
mousepanda8, thank you for putting these all together and posting!! Very interesting! :D:D

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It would appear that apart from being a general bullying biatch, the straw that broke the camel's back for Sillymar was when Thotiana came to visit. It was understood that she will be allowed to use one of the chateau rooms, but Fanny La Flash was away (as usual) when Tatters came to visit. Nasty refused to give her a room on the pretence this hadn't been approved with Stufanieee and made Salemare feel like a chewed gum you find on the sole of your shoe. Their entire attitude towards the Tatters situation prior to this was far from supporting as they all thought Sillymar was getting catfished, so I think no one expected Thots to actually show up. Here's Selmar himself explaining the situation:

Oh dear! I know there are people like Selmar but honestly, I don't understand why he hung around so long. There really is something not right in his head. It's a wonder he's still alive and kicking. Way too trusting, of course, this is being said by someone who trusts no one. He would have gotten on my nerves within a few days. For one thing, I would have gotten really fed up of saying, "Speak up! I can't hear you and stop mumbling." Maybe that's what sent Nasti over the edge. 🗣📢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I'm giving Stephanie way too many views on this vlog because I have to keep replaying the Yorick bits.🤦‍♀️

This screenshot in particular reminds me of someone.
View attachment 1744379

Or maybe this one...
View attachment 1744380
Or maybe he just reminds me of some random French boy I've seen in the past.
I don't think I'll ever figure it out. 😖
You go figure out your French, and I’ll take Yorick for a walk around the lake

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I've been reading the flogs of Clara's old Deutch mates ( the ex caretakers)

These snippets i found interesting

1) they live in the Le berry region still and comment reasonably frequently about the ' local chatealine' -

2) admitting irresponsible animal ownership and inbreeding

In our French life we do have a few years of conversance with farm animals, being responsible for their care when we were managing chateau life,( link to lieand website)A before coming to our senses by buying Les Pierres.- There are many hilarious stories to be told about the trouble we got ourselves into by wanting to help but not knowing how, like when we offered to incubate the fertilized eggs purchased by the owner because of her sudden irrepressible desire for blue-egg-laying hens and allowing her to go overboard with the numbers, resulting in a crowd of chicks in our living room, mostly roosters, ironically.

Or having the aggressive ram of the sheep flock bleed on my lap (over-boiling affection, remember) after his harsh castration, the punishment for impregnating his own daughter who had to give birth whilst still being a child herself, not having any instinct yet for breastfeeding, forcing Ivory on his knees to…well, you get the picture.

3) A need to create a certain online image

We now ardently hope that voluntarily participating in a châtelaine’s outlandish and rather obscene scheme to extend Christmas to twelve days, overly filled with theme-parties, loosely based on various pagan traditions that included daily excessive dinners, never served at an acceptable time because of our need to create wildly winsome online images, in hindsight lacking inner richness but generating an abrasive awkwardness instead, will be forever in our eventful past, no regrets just lessons learned.

4) We weren’t supposed to stay for longer than three months in Le Berry, having a disciplined focus on our creative work at the time and babysitting a friends chateau while she was blowing off steam elsewhere, but her return for a full on British Christmas delayed our departure for years to come.

The frequent and usually extravagant parties we quite literally endured in those first French years came across mostly as an outlet against emptiness, sometimes attractive but recurrently prescribed and dull, invoking a pressing why that never received a plausible answer, but were obviously not the main reason for our extended stay, nor for our final retreat under less cheerful circumstances.
Quite honestly they come across as two people who wish they still lived at the Chateau and could be in the vlogs

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm giving Stephanie way too many views on this vlog because I have to keep replaying the Yorick bits.🤦‍♀️

This screenshot in particular reminds me of someone.
View attachment 1744379

Or maybe this one...
View attachment 1744380
Or maybe he just reminds me of some random French boy I've seen in the past.
I don't think I'll ever figure it out. 😖
Best screen shot I could get of the cute dinner hair flip while looking forward.
1668908965536.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
for sure....he is taking care of her hungry middleaged pussy...that interaction between those two tells me enough...that woman is a cougar.. :LOL: on the hunt for young flesh...;) Yorick... keep your door locked...oh there is no lock..well...keep the bedpan ready than...:p unless he wants to move into his families old farmhouse...:rolleyes: why is he there...coming from that family is doesnt make sense at all...unless there is a underlying reason...and i guess there must be...maybe there is some gold hidden in the basement???:LOL: that the family recently discovered in the archives...
Maybe the family has sent him in undercover... to find out what the hell Fanny has done to their chateau. They want it back, are disgusted by her and seek to undermine everything she's done. Yorik is a spy for the family. He'll report back, hand over a flash drive and say 'Right, I've copied all her files, including the tax information and here's how we get our chateau back and take her down.'

Wishful thinking. 😄 But a plausible plot line for my Murder at the Shiteaux mystery. I might add the mysterious new handyman as the secret insider who helps Yorick achieve his aims. I'll base the handyman's character on HalcyonOrganic and Le Comte on Yorick. 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.