The Chateau Diaries #194 Former boyband bedbug turned porcelain fondling charleston dancing parasite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only 18 off VIP.. could be in the VIP lounge next Friday night. I guess a lot of us are not football fans so will be on here instead of watching the world Cup. Budweiser got shafted today.
I saw that. I gather the country originally said they would relax the regulations just for the Cup and now that it’s arrived they changed their minds.🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I keep my candles in the freezer. You get a much slower burn if the wax is frozen. Only don't tell Snorts this trick. One day Fanny will go hunting for crumpets and find he's emptied the freezer, filled it with candles and her precious crumpets are moldy and stale.
She’ll just scrape off the mold and serve them anyway.🙄🤢😱

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Thanks everyone for all the comments today. I have cried, but mostly laughed at all the wit and humor. My husband, who is suffering from mental issues, is having a bad day, thus I am too. Being on this site is really helping me through it. Love to all! ❤
This time of year is a challenge for most, hopefully your stresses will begin to ease for you very soon.🤗🥰💖

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks everyone for all the comments today. I have cried, but mostly laughed at all the wit and humor. My husband, who is suffering from mental issues, is having a bad day, thus I am too. Being on this site is really helping me through it. Love to all! ❤
Sending hugs and good thought for you and hubs. 🙌🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've been thinking... I do occasionally... Dan seemed very confident in Fanny's vlog, looked healthier too... I propose this footage of his walls is old, he's been working on it for 8 months already, he can't show footage as it's his new TV endeavor... so the roof is on... he's at the window stage, but he can't show it yet... and now he's a shiteau owner, Fanny is looking at him in a new light, and he her I noticed... whilst Snorts acted like a confused puppy.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
@Jules100 For all of you talented tablescapers out there, I need help. I’ve never hosted a large thanksgiving dinner. Usually it’s just our family of five, plus an occasional friend. Bigger get togethers are usually hosted at someone else’s house. My oldest son, recently got engaged and I thought it would be nice to have her family over for thanksgiving. I’m kind of freaking out because my house is still under serious renovation & it’s creeping inside. Anyway, it will only be 8 of us this year, but it’s still a lot for me. My table only sits 6. I’m probably going to bring in a folding table the same size. It would make a square shaped table that will comfortably seat 8, 2 on each side.

I love your china and Champagne coupes. I am useless at tablescaping so would go for simple but I am sure someone will be along soon with some wonderful ideas.
@Jules100 Since your dining room table and furniture are contemporary, I think it’s great to mix it up with the traditional china setting and etched crystal! If you weren’t adding the folding tables, I would recommend placemats. But, in order to “hide” the folding tables, I would suggest a tablecloth. I’m not sure you can find one large enough…if not, I suggest getting two tablecloths that overlap, or split, down the center. You can hide the “seam” using a table runner. I really like a plain white tablecloth because it’s so versatile and goes with any occasion. If you don’t have a cloth, order one (or two) right away so you have them in time! Then, you can decorate the table using traditional fall colors, and your napkins can be a burnt orange (which I think would go nicely with the red chairs). I don’t use napkin rings. I either fold the napkins, or I tie them with coordinating ribbon. For Thanksgiving, or fall, you could roll your napkins and tie them with burlap ribbon or twine. Your table runner could also be burlap or a neutral beige color so it doesn’t take away from the colors of the centerpiece. You could order a beautiful fall flower arrangement for the centerpiece, or use fresh vegetables (pumpkins, gourds, etc.)…or both. If you do flowers, make sure the arrangement is low so guests can see each other, and the length is long to emphasize the shape of the table. Also, instead of candlesticks, you could use votives in glass candleholders scattered informally around the table. That would help combine the contemporary with the traditional. I’m sure whatever you do will be beautiful! ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
No need to apologize. I think Tattle Life could stand to increase the emoji selection. Personally, I took your heart emoji to indicate understanding and compassion. One of the things about sharing a traumatic experience is to show how much more in common we all have, that we can overcome adversity if we choose too. I have a wonderful life, that I enjoy, with chosen family I love. Changing any one event might not have allowed my life to develop as it has. Whenever I hear people say they have no regrets I find it difficult to believe. This forum, while dedicated to holding someone accountable, has evolved into a group of genuinely diverse but like minded individuals and I, for one, am glad to have found it!

Her parents owned the Alzheimers care home she grew up in. They sold it to fund her portion of LieLande as I understand it. It isn’t really clear but I assume that also funded the current London apartment and the South Africa beach house. Perhaps even Isabelle’s UK and French properties as well.
There were a few years where those nursing homes really made a lot of money. Then the scene crashed. I'm betting that they sold at just the right time.

Reactions: 21
It sounds to me that you have lived in the same area, so it is easier to keep these friendships. I grew up in a small town and after high school 95% of the kids moved away for study and jobs, and not just to the nearest city. I moved to a city and then the job I had took me to other places where I meet my husband, so then moved to be with him. Then we had to move across the country for another job and leave our friends again. So I don't have any real friends remaining from school, or early work days. But have made new good friends in each place we have moved. I still keep in contact with an old flatmate from my teens/twenties but she is probably the exception, and it's only about once a year. It is very hard to maintain friendships over distance, and once I become the only one who makes contact, I let the friendship go. People do move on.
I lived in a very small midwestern town during my childhood. The girls really were mean and I would try to never miss school, because if you stayed home sick for a few days, when you went back, your “friends” decided to be “ friends” with people that weren’t you. They’d ignore you when you tired to talk to them. This went on from second grade until eighth grade. Our school only had about 15 students per grade. I was a gawky, painfully skinny little girl and I truly preferred to be friends with boys because of this. I did very well in school and that didn’t help. It caused me to have tons of insecurities and anxiety from a very young age. I reveled in my own intelligence though. It was the only thing I could depend on to make me feel good about myself. I ended up becoming a bit of tit. I’d use very large words so people wouldn’t know what I was saying. I spent a lot of time alone, which was okay because I was never lonely with myself. I’d read or draw or build forts. I found it very hard to have friends for a long time. In high school I had a bit of an ugly duckling becomes a swan moment and I had a very hard time dealing with that, because I still felt ugly and unworthy on the inside. So, that was not conducive to making friends with other girls, especially with tons of boys asking for dates.

We moved my senior year when I was in high school to a very large metropolitan city. I had a blast. Girls were normal and made many friends. But, after graduation my parents divorced and I moved with my mother to a very snotty southern city rich in history and snobs. I attended college there, which was very reminiscent of my youth surrounded by mean girls. It was the same thing again, but on steroids. I worked in a bank all through school and mainly made friends with my work mates.

Even though I can be loud and boisterous, and I can chat up just about anyone, I’m tit at forming friendships with strangers. My husband is fabulous at it and it has allowed me to form friendships with his friends and it’s part of what makes me happy being with him. I spend my efforts at visiting and chatting with my family mostly, I think because you know they won’t let you down and will always be there for you, because I certainly learned the hard way that friends can be an absolute nightmare.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
@Jules100 For all of you talented tablescapers out there, I need help. I’ve never hosted a large thanksgiving dinner. Usually it’s just our family of five, plus an occasional friend. Bigger get togethers are usually hosted at someone else’s house. My oldest son, recently got engaged and I thought it would be nice to have her family over for thanksgiving. I’m kind of freaking out because my house is still under serious renovation & it’s creeping inside. Anyway, it will only be 8 of us this year, but it’s still a lot for me. My table only sits 6. I’m probably going to bring in a folding table the same size. It would make a square shaped table that will comfortably seat 8, 2 on each side.

@Jules100 Since your dining room table and furniture are contemporary, I think it’s great to mix it up with the traditional china setting and etched crystal! If you weren’t adding the folding tables, I would recommend placemats. But, in order to “hide” the folding tables, I would suggest a tablecloth. I’m not sure you can find one large enough…if not, I suggest getting two tablecloths that overlap, or split, down the center. You can hide the “seam” using a table runner. I really like a plain white tablecloth because it’s so versatile and goes with any occasion. If you don’t have a cloth, order one (or two) right away so you have them in time! Then, you can decorate the table using traditional fall colors, and your napkins can be a burnt orange (which I think would go nicely with the red chairs). I don’t use napkin rings. I either fold the napkins, or I tie them with coordinating ribbon. For Thanksgiving, or fall, you could roll your napkins and tie them with burlap ribbon or twine. Your table runner could also be burlap or a neutral beige color so it doesn’t take away from the colors of the centerpiece. You could order a beautiful fall flower arrangement for the centerpiece, or use fresh vegetables (pumpkins, gourds, etc.)…or both. If you do flowers, make sure the arrangement is low so guests can see each other, and the length is long to emphasize the shape of the table. Also, instead of candlesticks, you could use votives in glass candleholders scattered informally around the table. That would help combine the contemporary with the traditional. I’m sure whatever you do will be beautiful! ❤
We had quite a few extras this Thanksgiving (Canada, few weeks ago) and I must have drank too much, I strained my gravy into a pyrex jug and put it on the table, (forgot to get the gravy boats out), then whipped cream for the pumpkin pie and literally stuck the mixing bowl on the table... smh... but I know everyone else was as pissed when, during coffee, I saw another guest scooping fresh cream out of my Kitchenaid bowl and eating it.. I don't know if it's age, or the fact I don't drink well anymore, but I wasn't functioning very well at all.

• Haha
  • Heart

How are you able to put a scheme together that easily. It sounds perfect. All I could imagine were plates, cutlery and glassware. 😟

• Heart
Reactions: 15

@Jules100 I forgot you’re in Florida! 😆. You could use tropical fruit as your centerpiece, instead…You really do have a lot of options!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We had quite a few extras this Thanksgiving (Canada, few weeks ago) and I must have drank too much, I strained my gravy into a pyrex jug and put it on the table, (forgot to get the gravy boats out), then whipped cream for the pumpkin pie and literally stuck the mixing bowl on the table... smh... but I know everyone else was as pissed when, during coffee, I saw another guest scooping fresh cream out of my Kitchenaid bowl and eating it.. I don't know if it's age, or the fact I don't drink well anymore, but I wasn't functioning very well at all.
I bet everyone had a blast and won’t even remember what the gravy or cream were served in.😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
How are you able to put a scheme together that easily. It sounds perfect. All I could imagine were plates, cutlery and glassware. 😟
My mother is the expert…she taught me! When I was growing up, my parents used to entertain guests that did business with my father. They didn’t go to restaurants…they always entertained at home. My mom prepared everything, sometimes several times a week. So, I learned everything from mom. She’s having Thanksgiving dinner this year…I can’t hold a candle to her! (I’m bringing a casserole! 😁).

I’m sure the gravy and whipped cream tasted just as good in the Pyrex and mixing bowl! Probably better! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My mother is the expert…she taught me! When I was growing up, my parents used to entertain guests that did business with my father. They didn’t go to restaurants…they always entertained at home. My mom prepared everything, sometimes several times a week. So, I learned everything from mom. She’s having Thanksgiving dinner this year…I can’t hold a candle to her! (I’m bringing a casserole! 😁).

I’m sure the gravy and whipped cream tasted just as good in the Pyrex and mixing bowl! Probably better! ❤
I’m not surprised you are so talented then with your mum as your guide. (That’s not the right word but it’s 0230 and I should be asleep). You must post a sneaky photo from her table this thanksgiving.

I saw that. I gather the country originally said they would relax the regulations just for the Cup and now that it’s arrived they changed their minds.🙄
The England team are expecting to be fined for wearing their ‘One Love ‘ armband.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
As long as you had fun, and everyone got alcohol and were fed...SUCCESSFUL EVENT!! :ROFLMAO: :love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Just as well the Shitoo is freezing otherwise they may have had melted boot polish dripping into their mash from a Snotty sweaty head. Do you think Fanny puts plastic covers over his pillow like the sofa covers in My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
C328B6DA-6E60-4E47-A418-1A5CF30787F7.jpeg

9C1C86FC-62BD-49D9-B714-85E395E75E0A.jpeg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.