The Chateau Diaries #194 Former boyband bedbug turned porcelain fondling charleston dancing parasite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My experience pales in comparison to yours. Iā€™m so sorry that happened. ā¤ I donā€™t know Michaelā€™s backstory, but I doubt he experienced this type or degree of homophobia. Michael used homophobia as an excuse to explain why people unsubscribed from his channel and to garner pity, when that actually had nothing to do with it. Iā€™m so glad things have progressed for the better in recent years. A lot of people bravely paved the way to make that happen.
Agree with you thousand %. He is the type who thinks everything bad/negative in his life is somebody elses fault. I think F4F too... They are always the innocent victims, while being manipulating narcs.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She looked to me like she was serving english muffins, I haven't lived in the UK since 1980, but I believe they are different...
I thought at the time that she had a mixture of both. Dan had a crumpet but Iā€™m sure bunboy had a muffin

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
One of the things about sharing a traumatic experience is to show how much more in common we all have, that we can overcome adversity if we choose too
Its so nice in life to find out you are "not the only one" and I find the people here are so compassionate and kind.
Yes we can have our "spats" but we get back together all the time and that is great!
A "hug" emoji would be good , I agree.

I thought at the time that she had a mixture of both. Dan had a crumpet but Iā€™m sure bunboy had a muffin
Thank you .....I don't need my eyes tested .... I thought it was a muffin too !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel privileged that @KyBourbon and @MRShavershamsdress have shared previous deep wounds with us ā¤ You both must feel comfortable with us to disclose past emotional trauma. We are mostly a faceless bunch operating under an alias however behind the false names we are compassionate and supportive towards each other and I think we feel a virtual connection. Iā€™m so sorry to read historical homophobia had such a understandable impact on both of your early lives and I really hope that weā€™ve moved on as a society for the better.

@KyBourbon, if you ever decide to buy a weekend pad over the pond here in Oxfordshire pretty please can I come around and help you set the table šŸ™šŸ» I promise not to look into all of the rooms with open doors on the way to the toilet šŸ˜†

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Thank you! Maybe heā€™s reflected and has different thoughts now. I do know from a couple of people that he has 3 kids (the oldest just got married) and he lives 2 hours away from me. Appears heā€™s been successful in business. Hopefully heā€™s had a nice life.

No, that picture wasnā€™t my tablescapeā€¦it was a picture pulled from the Mrs. Alice site.

Hereā€™s a picture of it on my table for a lunch I hosted last spring. The table wasnā€™t completely finished yet, and the candy was for my nieces!

View attachment 1741027
The table looks perfect, you have beautiful taste

• Heart
Thank you! I hired an artist to paint the walls in a landscape scenic (itā€™s bright and cheeryā€¦mostly blue and green, with some splashes of color). It took her about a month to finish. It represents the scenery and landscape around my house. Because itā€™s painted, I donā€™t have to worry about wallpaper seams! No crayons for me! šŸ˜„

Also, I iron my tablecloth! šŸ˜†

That reminds meā€¦I really need to clean my house today!

Itā€™s painted, so I donā€™t have to worry about seams!
Hereā€™s a picture of what I served for the lunch (pre-plated), and another picture from a different meal showing more of the wall.

I think I can do as good a job as Phi Phi! But, I guess Iā€™m REALLY gay! šŸ˜† (I donā€™t use tin foil in my candlesticks, though!)

View attachment 1741075

View attachment 1741076
Gosh Iā€™m so envious of your landscape scene, even more so if that is what is like where you live.

• Heart
Thank you for sharing that. Itā€™s never easy. Many of us of a certain age have horror stories of homophobia. I was accidentally outed in high school by my own actions. My father gave me the choice of conversion therapy with a Christian therapist or homelessness. I was self aware enough at the time so I decided to play his game to finish my senior year. I left for university and never looked back. Mom kicked his ass to the curb my freshman year. I didnā€™t see him again until eleven years later when I identified his body after he drank himself to death. I loved my dad very much. After their divorce was granted I told him heā€™d made his choices and lost his oldest son as a result. We had a lot in common but he chose to succumb to his demons. In many ways it was my most hurtful experience with homophobia. My mom, brother and the grandparents were totally different. Their attitude was youā€™re family and we love you. So much so that my mom did have a history of calling before a big event to see if I was available for hair and make up, and maybe something sparkly from the drag bag. But the most horrifying experience with homophobia was the suicide of my boyfriend at university. Weā€™d been together for two years. I moved off campus so we could quietly live together even though he still had a private dorm room. He was outed when his fraternity brother saw him leave our apartment to go back to campus. It was a small southern school and I was out. The news was all over campus by the end of the day. To compound matters he was African American, literally. One parent from the DRC and the from the American southern Atlantic coast. I am white. So there was a heaping helping of hate for both our orientation and races. Someone called his parents and they made him come home. On Monday I went into my newspaper job and found a note in my box to call his fraternityā€™s faculty advisor as heā€™d killed himself over the weekend. I was told I was unwelcome at the funeral and that his death was my fault. Obviously that was not true, but my mental state fractured and I shut down. My best friend moved in and protected me. She got me through finals, made sure I ate and bathed and refused to leave my side until the next term started. I didnā€™t date again for years, and I refused to ever let anyone force me back into the closet. To this day I think of what a fine and wonderful young man he was. I miss him still almost 40 years later. I do not wonder ā€œwhat ifā€ because that is fruitless. Itā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™m still active in my community, attend pride and refuse to dim my light for anyone or any reason. @KyBourbon I sympathize with your experience and send you a virtual hugšŸ¤—. Life hurts us sometimes, but we can become better people for it.
My heart hurts for you.

• Heart
The table looks perfect, you have beautiful taste
@Beachgirl and other Oxfordshire, Bucks and bordering Shire folk shall I hire a bus, pick you all up on the way through and we can go on a REALLY big adventure to @KyBourbonā€™s home. Stick the kettle on @KyBourbon, we should be there in time for Christmas šŸ˜

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
For those who are interested, and that may not be very many! FRK is back home with mom in Norway. She has rebranded herself once again, this time as The Scandinavian Florist, I guess there's only one in Scandinavia. She is walking the forest gathering foliage for wreath making, don't be mean, they are not weeds. Could this be a sign that she has accepted her position in life? Stick to one thing, being a florist. Live in one place, Norway. No mention of being a chef on a private yacht or elsewhere. Still not employed though. That is the sticking point.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
For those who are interested, and that may not be very many! FRK is back home with mom in Norway. She has rebranded herself once again, this time as The Scandinavian Florist, I guess there's only one in Scandinavia. She is walking the forest gathering foliage for wreath making, don't be mean, they are not weeds. Could this be a sign that she has accepted her position in life? Stick to one thing, being a florist. Live in one place, Norway. No mention of being a chef on a private yacht or elsewhere. Still not employed though. That is the sticking point.
Is there poison ivy in Norway?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Thank goodness she never made it to Australia.
Hopefully her Mother can have a good talk to her? Someone needs to.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank goodness she never made it to Australia.
Hopefully her Mother can have a good talk to her? Someone needs to.
Never say never.. I see it already: ā€žMarie and Mom do Oceaniaā€œ A vlog YouTube channel with more mature content on Patreon.

What happens when two white blonde female tourists accidentally enter a village of a native Māori Warrior clan?
youā€™ll find out for just 12,99

• Haha
Well wouldn't it just. Nothing wrong with Durham šŸø :cautious:
Only 18 off VIP.. could be in the VIP lounge next Friday night. I guess a lot of us are not football fans so will be on here instead of watching the world Cup. Budweiser got shafted today.

• Heart
Thank you for sharing that. Itā€™s never easy. Many of us of a certain age have horror stories of homophobia. I was accidentally outed in high school by my own actions. My father gave me the choice of conversion therapy with a Christian therapist or homelessness. I was self aware enough at the time so I decided to play his game to finish my senior year. I left for university and never looked back. Mom kicked his ass to the curb my freshman year. I didnā€™t see him again until eleven years later when I identified his body after he drank himself to death. I loved my dad very much. After their divorce was granted I told him heā€™d made his choices and lost his oldest son as a result. We had a lot in common but he chose to succumb to his demons. In many ways it was my most hurtful experience with homophobia. My mom, brother and the grandparents were totally different. Their attitude was youā€™re family and we love you. So much so that my mom did have a history of calling before a big event to see if I was available for hair and make up, and maybe something sparkly from the drag bag. But the most horrifying experience with homophobia was the suicide of my boyfriend at university. Weā€™d been together for two years. I moved off campus so we could quietly live together even though he still had a private dorm room. He was outed when his fraternity brother saw him leave our apartment to go back to campus. It was a small southern school and I was out. The news was all over campus by the end of the day. To compound matters he was African American, literally. One parent from the DRC and the from the American southern Atlantic coast. I am white. So there was a heaping helping of hate for both our orientation and races. Someone called his parents and they made him come home. On Monday I went into my newspaper job and found a note in my box to call his fraternityā€™s faculty advisor as heā€™d killed himself over the weekend. I was told I was unwelcome at the funeral and that his death was my fault. Obviously that was not true, but my mental state fractured and I shut down. My best friend moved in and protected me. She got me through finals, made sure I ate and bathed and refused to leave my side until the next term started. I didnā€™t date again for years, and I refused to ever let anyone force me back into the closet. To this day I think of what a fine and wonderful young man he was. I miss him still almost 40 years later. I do not wonder ā€œwhat ifā€ because that is fruitless. Itā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™m still active in my community, attend pride and refuse to dim my light for anyone or any reason. @KyBourbon I sympathize with your experience and send you a virtual hugšŸ¤—. Life hurts us sometimes, but we can become better people for it.
I am so very sorry and sad to read your post. You have been through so much sorrow and suffering, more than one person should suffer in their lifetime. I only wish I could reach out and give you a real hug and not just a virtual one. Sending you all my love and hugs. šŸ„°šŸ„°

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.