The Chateau Diaries #194 Former boyband bedbug turned porcelain fondling charleston dancing parasite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MRShavershamsdress I'm sorry for the heart emoji, there wasn't a hug one... It's not life that hurts us, it is usually an individual or groups of people, life gives us circumstances which is what we have to deal with whilst suffering from the hurt. I'm sorry you were made to feel responsible for your friends passing, blame is a way of keeping the focus off themselves...Your friend will eternally be a wonderful man 💜
No need to apologize. I think Tattle Life could stand to increase the emoji selection. Personally, I took your heart emoji to indicate understanding and compassion. One of the things about sharing a traumatic experience is to show how much more in common we all have, that we can overcome adversity if we choose too. I have a wonderful life, that I enjoy, with chosen family I love. Changing any one event might not have allowed my life to develop as it has. Whenever I hear people say they have no regrets I find it difficult to believe. This forum, while dedicated to holding someone accountable, has evolved into a group of genuinely diverse but like minded individuals and I, for one, am glad to have found it!

One of my wise friends who went to Cambridge 😂 says different friends come into our lives at different times for different reasons.
For some it is not because we are lacking but the rhythm of life has changed and also if you travel a lot and move around the country that affects friendship groups too. And some have children and then dynamics change.
For Stephanie, she was a lonely, self indulged child .
Who has a strange Scottish man looking after you that would probably worry parents of other little girls??
She spent a lot of time in her tower and then Daddy took her to many many places. Never any mention of mummy attending the various CHRISTIES sales when she was bought a tapestry, or a rug, or a bed so much stuff. Lalande was her fathers dream too. But just where did the money come from to spend on this? Two nurses salary? Does NOT add up
Her parents owned the Alzheimers care home she grew up in. They sold it to fund her portion of LieLande as I understand it. It isn’t really clear but I assume that also funded the current London apartment and the South Africa beach house. Perhaps even Isabelle’s UK and French properties as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What is that metal thing in the right top corner for? No, I do not mean the fork..
That’s an old silver butter dish (not sterling). It’s got a small space for some ice chips underneath a plate to keep the butter cold. It was given to me by a family friend as a gift…it belonged to her great aunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you for sharing that. It’s never easy. Many of us of a certain age have horror stories of homophobia. I was accidentally outed in high school by my own actions. My father gave me the choice of conversion therapy with a Christian therapist or homelessness. I was self aware enough at the time so I decided to play his game to finish my senior year. I left for university and never looked back. Mom kicked his ass to the curb my freshman year. I didn’t see him again until eleven years later when I identified his body after he drank himself to death. I loved my dad very much. After their divorce was granted I told him he’d made his choices and lost his oldest son as a result. We had a lot in common but he chose to succumb to his demons. In many ways it was my most hurtful experience with homophobia. My mom, brother and the grandparents were totally different. Their attitude was you’re family and we love you. So much so that my mom did have a history of calling before a big event to see if I was available for hair and make up, and maybe something sparkly from the drag bag. But the most horrifying experience with homophobia was the suicide of my boyfriend at university. We’d been together for two years. I moved off campus so we could quietly live together even though he still had a private dorm room. He was outed when his fraternity brother saw him leave our apartment to go back to campus. It was a small southern school and I was out. The news was all over campus by the end of the day. To compound matters he was African American, literally. One parent from the DRC and the from the American southern Atlantic coast. I am white. So there was a heaping helping of hate for both our orientation and races. Someone called his parents and they made him come home. On Monday I went into my newspaper job and found a note in my box to call his fraternity’s faculty advisor as he’d killed himself over the weekend. I was told I was unwelcome at the funeral and that his death was my fault. Obviously that was not true, but my mental state fractured and I shut down. My best friend moved in and protected me. She got me through finals, made sure I ate and bathed and refused to leave my side until the next term started. I didn’t date again for years, and I refused to ever let anyone force me back into the closet. To this day I think of what a fine and wonderful young man he was. I miss him still almost 40 years later. I do not wonder “what if” because that is fruitless. It’s one of the reasons I’m still active in my community, attend pride and refuse to dim my light for anyone or any reason. @KyBourbon I sympathize with your experience and send you a virtual hug🤗. Life hurts us sometimes, but we can become better people for it.
Your story broke my heart and made me cry - just as I was going to bed.
I'm happy to have read through the threads and know how much you've overcome. 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yet properly planned and managed it could feed the household and guests while generating income selling produce locally. Another example that Fanny has zero historic aristocratic knowledge. These properties were intended to support themselves and a community as well as the family. Those that failed often did so because a dissolute heir got their greedy hands on it. There were other reasons too of course. But laziness and lack of consideration for others did them in as well.

In a word, yes…😝
And the squirrel,buys 7 loaves to use as a dish when the ceiling is nearly falling down in weight because of the china to make his GHOULASH . ( sic)

Idiots
Stepanie is not in control of the money. She has no idea , all she knows is the electricity bill is high.
Does she budget for food or do they panic buy.
With the ‘ group dinners’ at 50£ a head they should turn a profit with the gunk they produce yet home grown they would be able to make amazing food and colourful and appetising and better value.
Where is the local cheese, meat etc. that turkey came from a supermarket or Andrew brought it back from the UK
mashed vegetables 🤮 scorched turkey. Dog food.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think Dan’s cute and sexy - she does too. Always has. Banging for sure. So weird she perpetuates this false narrative of being with Gay Philip. In her mind, it must be better to endure that ridicule than to admit to relations with a ‘married man’. Snorts is oblivious. He is in a deep, double closet that only Steph has the keys for.
This has definitely been my belief every time you see the look in Dan's eyes when he's talking to her. Dan is the paramour....

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Thank you for sharing that. It’s never easy. Many of us of a certain age have horror stories of homophobia. I was accidentally outed in high school by my own actions. My father gave me the choice of conversion therapy with a Christian therapist or homelessness. I was self aware enough at the time so I decided to play his game to finish my senior year. I left for university and never looked back. Mom kicked his ass to the curb my freshman year. I didn’t see him again until eleven years later when I identified his body after he drank himself to death. I loved my dad very much. After their divorce was granted I told him he’d made his choices and lost his oldest son as a result. We had a lot in common but he chose to succumb to his demons. In many ways it was my most hurtful experience with homophobia. My mom, brother and the grandparents were totally different. Their attitude was you’re family and we love you. So much so that my mom did have a history of calling before a big event to see if I was available for hair and make up, and maybe something sparkly from the drag bag. But the most horrifying experience with homophobia was the suicide of my boyfriend at university. We’d been together for two years. I moved off campus so we could quietly live together even though he still had a private dorm room. He was outed when his fraternity brother saw him leave our apartment to go back to campus. It was a small southern school and I was out. The news was all over campus by the end of the day. To compound matters he was African American, literally. One parent from the DRC and the from the American southern Atlantic coast. I am white. So there was a heaping helping of hate for both our orientation and races. Someone called his parents and they made him come home. On Monday I went into my newspaper job and found a note in my box to call his fraternity’s faculty advisor as he’d killed himself over the weekend. I was told I was unwelcome at the funeral and that his death was my fault. Obviously that was not true, but my mental state fractured and I shut down. My best friend moved in and protected me. She got me through finals, made sure I ate and bathed and refused to leave my side until the next term started. I didn’t date again for years, and I refused to ever let anyone force me back into the closet. To this day I think of what a fine and wonderful young man he was. I miss him still almost 40 years later. I do not wonder “what if” because that is fruitless. It’s one of the reasons I’m still active in my community, attend pride and refuse to dim my light for anyone or any reason. @KyBourbon I sympathize with your experience and send you a virtual hug🤗. Life hurts us sometimes, but we can become better people for it.
My experience pales in comparison to yours. I’m so sorry that happened. ❤ I don’t know Michael’s backstory, but I doubt he experienced this type or degree of homophobia. Michael used homophobia as an excuse to explain why people unsubscribed from his channel and to garner pity, when that actually had nothing to do with it. I’m so glad things have progressed for the better in recent years. A lot of people bravely paved the way to make that happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I believe that's only if you buy the $shop candles, the ones that melt everywhere... like Snorts grandmother buys...
Years ago I sold candles in a shop I worked in. A natural skincare and home accessories place. And the hand strung beeswax candles were much more expensive than the dripping ones…. We were selling a lot of vegan products too and I took great pleasure in telling people when they decided to buy the cheap candles when the customer was saying there is no difference so I buy the cheap ones.. ( the cheap ones burn much more quickly) that the pig fat in them does spit😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thank you! I hired an artist to paint the walls in a landscape scenic (it’s bright and cheery…mostly blue and green, with some splashes of color). It took her about a month to finish. It represents the scenery and landscape around my house. Because it’s painted, I don’t have to worry about wallpaper seams! No crayons for me! 😄

Also, I iron my tablecloth! 😆

That reminds me…I really need to clean my house today!

It’s painted, so I don’t have to worry about seams!

Here’s a picture of what I served for the lunch (pre-plated), and another picture from a different meal showing more of the wall.

I think I can do as good a job as Phi Phi! But, I guess I’m REALLY gay! 😆 (I don’t use tin foil in my candlesticks, though!)

View attachment 1741075

View attachment 1741076
You should start a home decor youtube channel! I would totally subscribe to it!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have no friends from childhood. I was deep “in the closet” until I turned 25 years old. I had a best friend in high school. He and I happened to be in the same classes the entire time we were in school. We hung out together, and our families even got together and socialized. We went to separate colleges and stayed in contact. After he graduated, he moved back to my city. He met a girl at college and proposed to her shortly after graduation. Since we were such close friends, everyone thought he would ask me to be in their wedding, but he didn’t. I was really surprised, shocked, and a little embarrassed (especially when people asked why). He said they wanted to “keep the wedding party small.” My family and I were invited to the wedding, but I wasn’t included in the wedding party. His best man was a guy we had both known in high school (on a side note, his best man was too busy to coordinate a bachelor party, so I stepped in and threw the party for him). He even told me I didn’t have to go to the wedding if I didn’t want to…the wedding was in his fiancé’s hometown 6 hours away. My family and I sent a gift, we drove 6 hours to the wedding, we attended the reception, and wished the couple well. After he and his wife returned home, I reached out to him a few times, but he was always busy. So I thought I would wait for him to call me but he never did…I was ghosted. I’ve never seen or talked to him or his family since…that was almost 30 years ago. After I came out, several people confided to me (independently) that his parents suspected I might be gay at that time and they didn’t want “someone like me” in their son’s wedding party. My friend didn’t stand up for me, so I assume he felt the same way. It was a hurtful experience. Homophobia at its finest. Luckily for me, I met some truly wonderful friends as an adult who stood by my side even after I came out. And I have a wonderful partner of 20 years. So, when Michael Petherick cried “homophobia” after people unsubscribed from his channel when, in fact, they really unsubscribed because he blew all their money on rent boys and parties, I was angry. I’ve experienced homophobia directly and personally…Michael’s false claims to garner pity really cheapened the experience of anyone who has truly been a target of homophobia.
I am so sorry to hear of how your friend and his family treated you. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior and I can only imagine how hurtful it was.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank you! Maybe he’s reflected and has different thoughts now. I do know from a couple of people that he has 3 kids (the oldest just got married) and he lives 2 hours away from me. Appears he’s been successful in business. Hopefully he’s had a nice life.

No, that picture wasn’t my tablescape…it was a picture pulled from the Mrs. Alice site.

Here’s a picture of it on my table for a lunch I hosted last spring. The table wasn’t completely finished yet, and the candy was for my nieces!

View attachment 1741027
That table is my style.. I would never have been able to pull that together like that. You have great design skills.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I am so sorry MRShavershamsdress. I cannot imagine having to endure that pain and especially at such a tender age. I am so glad that your close friend was there for you and you got through it. Virtual hug to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Someone should ask Goody how she knows about Dan dating, for being just a fan. Did Dan ever say something or is she assuming and putting words in his mouth?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you! I hired an artist to paint the walls in a landscape scenic (it’s bright and cheery…mostly blue and green, with some splashes of color). It took her about a month to finish. It represents the scenery and landscape around my house. Because it’s painted, I don’t have to worry about wallpaper seams! No crayons for me! 😄

Also, I iron my tablecloth! 😆

That reminds me…I really need to clean my house today!

It’s painted, so I don’t have to worry about seams!

Here’s a picture of what I served for the lunch (pre-plated), and another picture from a different meal showing more of the wall.

I think I can do as good a job as Phi Phi! But, I guess I’m REALLY gay! 😆 (I don’t use tin foil in my candlesticks, though!)

View attachment 1741075

View attachment 1741076
So stunning… it looks very very nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.