The Chateau Diaries #193 It’s time to put photos of the accountants on milk cartons & c if they're found

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is the Dining room the warmest place of a morning? Is there heating in there?
They better clear the top of the old stove and get the old lady running, with so many eldery in your house the least you can do is, run the stove 24 hours, to get the chill out of the surrounding rooms while it is toasty in the kitchen.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes, I think that’s the case, although I’m baffled as to why Billy and Gwen would spend their life savings on a dilapidated convent they couldn’t even insure until recently. I’m sure Billy was shitting a brick until they finally got coverage! And they really didn’t know what they wanted to do with it until recently…doesn’t sound like a good plan for their life savings! 😆 But my real beef is that on gofundme Michael claimed Billy and Gwen didn’t have the money to renovate the cottage “for years” and it was in danger of deteriorating beyond repair. The reality is that it turns out they DID have the money, they just didn’t want to spend it on the cottage. So, Michael really wasn’t truthful on his gofundme story (imagine that!).
Of course they had the money. Gwen is a Mouchel and orphaned at this point. She and her sister have both come into their inheritance. Like I said, they have some money to be stupid with but some Tattlers kept mentioning the business savvy that Gwen apparently has, but which I am yet to see any signs of, other than wishful thinking.

They've also always had the money to do the cottage if it had any importance to them. It never did, just like most of the chateau and the grounds don't, especially now they're not doing any events anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Oh I get it, by having Patrons pay for the brand new kitchen, the Influencer and Wallpaperer were able to buy themselves a nice Tesla and still be able to afford to close down their business. Now Patrons will pay for restoration of the barns, so the Flowers can buy a yacht. Life near Honfleur is just so tough but a bit of grifting makes it easier.
While the Fluries are grating on my last nerve these days too, they do net sometimes 10 to 30 thousand dollars for each ad they complete.
The ads add up...especially when they feature one every week.
The boat is another story..it may cost $40, 000 but will nickel and dime them to death. The insurance alone is hair-raising.
BOAT=Bust Out Another Thousand.

I truly believe they are as meticulous bookkeepers (funding in appropriate places) as they are decorators.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ah, seems I’ve forgotten my manners. My sincerest apologies. So, I used to watch CD. She appeared at a time where I needed the distraction. I was suffering from depression. I was also a Patreon for a short while.

But something felt off. Small things that didn't add up. And at a time where I needed support she decided the best way was to make fun of my gift. It's not a big thing but I was so hurt. I thought I did something good and kind. I use these tablecloth weights myself. Frivolous and fun.

I’m an English teacher at the moment. My dream is to move to France, to a chateau. Hence watching CD. Now I’m just tired of all these owners begging for money. You can’t afford it, don't buy it.

I used to defend her as well. But I think I did it more for me than her. I would never have imagined me being that stupid. Lesson learned.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Thank you @Clara Burnett.
I have included a few photographs, proving that this is not a new problem.

View attachment 1729590
View attachment 1729593
View attachment 1729548

2009 👇
View attachment 1729560
View attachment 1729557

View attachment 1729630

View attachment 1729598

Remember, Stephanie Jarvis' playbook??? She pumps them up and then cuts them out; Frank and Ivo, Tomaz, Marie Wiik, Selmar, etc...
The only difference, Philip Janssen has had a front row seat. 💣 He will not go down alone. Get your popcorn ready. 🍿

View attachment 1729638
Bottom line … she saw turrets, came over all Disney princess, imagined filling it with auction purchases Daddy spoiled her with and high end English fabrics and wallpapers, thought she would give it the Versailles treatment and it would all make her feel like somebody special. Reality is she bought a complete and utter spent tit hole and was mugged off. It’s a teardown.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 1728384

“An inexhaustible desire to do nothing..”

That quote is just so rich! Start Patreon so you can do nothing while others pay for your lifestyle. Drive a Tesla. Travel. Close down your “business”. Call yourself an “influencer”. Grifting 101.
I'm so disappointed in the Fleuries. I like Anna's design tastes, and I guess they want to spend more time with the children, rather than be busy with various businesses at the same time but then again if you don't want this then don't buy a money pit you can't afford to renovate and upkeep.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Of course they had the money. Gwen is a Mouchel and orphaned at this point. She and her sister have both come into their inheritance. Like I said, they have some money to be stupid with but some Tattlers kept mentioning the business savvy that Gwen apparently has, but which I am yet to see any signs of, other than wishful thinking.

They've also always had the money to do the cottage if it had any importance to them. It never did, just like most of the chateau and the grounds don't, especially now they're not doing any events anymore.
You may be right, but in my past experiences, I'm betting the family only spends 1/10 of the family money or maybe even lives off just the dividends. Here's why I believe they are not money challenged in the least: I had a college friend whose family owned a horseradish company. Her allowance was thrice mine, and her family home was mind blogging. Fast forward to today, and she calls her account to see if she can afford a new bigger beach house.
Can you imagine what the yeast business brings in? Everyone eats bread...well, most everyone.
Groceries are big businesses.
MP and the cottage? I feel he made some huge mistakes a few years ago, but since then has straightened up to the best of his ability.

Reactions: 10
You may be right, but in my past experiences, I'm betting the family only spends 1/10 of the family money or maybe even lives off just the dividends. Here's why I believe they are not money challenged in the least: I had a college friend whose family owned a horseradish company. Her allowance was thrice mine, and her family home was mind blogging. Fast forward to today, and she calls her account to see if she can afford a new bigger beach house.
Can you imagine what the yeast business brings in? Everyone eats bread...well, most everyone.
Groceries are big businesses.
MP and the cottage? I feel he made some huge mistakes a few years ago, but since then has straightened up to the best of his ability.
Oh, I have never made the argument that the Trotters or Gwen, to be specific, are money challenged. No, I've said they have enough to be stupid with, but having a shitload of money doesn't meant you're also business savvy. Some Tattlers were saying so about Gwen but I have still yet to see what they base this opinion on.

Reactions: 12
I've never understood peoples' disgust of brussels sprouts. Personally I love them, paticularly when served mixed with roasted chestnuts. Obviously a marmite thing, ;)
Shaved Brussels sprouts. With toasted walnuts, scallions, bacon. A bit of lowerys or seasoning salt. Yummy

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They do I think but from which part I don't know. All my family originate around the Chatham area and the London side originates from the Siptalfields area. Love me some Ancestry hunting. I'll never be a Hyacinth, it's whatever you get one the day with me. Mind you Mr Spratt and me have been seeing if we do put the 'ink' in and I can say he does it more than me.

Yes Mr Spratt can't do the 'th' it's always and 'f', free instead of three. He blames going to a GLC school. :unsure: :LOL:
Spitalfields -- has a wonderful blogger. His early stuff, profiling residents, two- and four-legged, is immortal.
As is his night long Christmas eve walk through the wonderful old city.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
While the Fluries are grating on my last nerve these days too, they do net sometimes 10 to 30 thousand dollars for each ad they complete.
The ads add up...especially when they feature one every week.
The boat is another story..it may cost $40, 000 but will nickel and dime them to death. The insurance alone is hair-raising.
BOAT=Bust Out Another Thousand.

I truly believe they are as meticulous bookkeepers (funding in appropriate places) as they are decorators.
A client of mine once asked me 'why did God make the oceans so big? So that the owners of yacht' s can throw their money into it. ' think about it 😁

• Haha
I'm so disappointed in the Fleuries. I like Anna's design tastes, and I guess they want to spend more time with the children, rather than be busy with various businesses at the same time but then again if you don't want this then don't buy a money pit you can't afford to renovate and upkeep.
Oh they can/could afford it, they just didn’t want to spend their own money!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
As I've reported before, it is my understanding there are structural issues that need to be fixed first and they are serious. Cuz Armoir can't fix those himself so he is left doing minimal things they can do until Stephanie Jarvis figures out a way to tell her patron friends she needs way more money to be able to properly continue the renovations. I am not sure she will walk that route though. She might as well choose to ignore the structural issues (she has done that before) against all advice (done that too, multiple times) and force Cuz to ram the paneling in just to be done with it and move on to the following disaster of a project. At this point there is no way to tell, because she's no longer reigned in by any common sense around her. She has become used to the fact that (some of ) her fans will love her no matter what.
Thank you,I was wondering as someone spotted a problem with the main ceiling beams a while ago.
Also Amorie,said it would take a month about a year ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So how do you pronounce it? Genuinely interested.
I think its Lou vill. But I'm a Yankee

Roasted and tossed with a balsamic glaze and dried cranberries with some crumbled bacon.
Its all about the bacon. 🐷🐷🐷🐷

They better clear the top of the old stove and get the old lady running, with so many eldery in your house the least you can do is, run the stove 24 hours, to get the chill out of the surrounding rooms while it is toasty in the kitchen.
I don't think the Aga works. But that would certainly warm the place. What happened to the log burners?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Depending on what part of the south you were raised, it’s either, Loo-ee-ville or Loo-a-vul. I’ve also heard it pronounce Loo-vul. Personally I have always said Loo-a-vul as that was how my grandparent’s generation pronounced it.

Reactions: 9
Some history…😄. Louisville, Kentucky was founded in 1778 by George Rogers Clark and named after King Louis XVI of France. Louisville sits on the Ohio River at a series of rapids (small waterfalls) called “The Falls of the Ohio.” In the 1700’s, it was a natural place to stop because early settlers had to remove their boats from the water to go around the falls in order to continue down the river.

We can tell if someone isn’t from the area based on the way they pronounce the city’s name.

“Outsiders” pronounce Louisville Loo-ee-vil (where the “ee” is long and “Louis” is pronounced like Louis XVI). Some outsiders say Lewis-vil, which is totally wrong! 😆

But here, in the city and in the region, it’s pronounced Loo-uh-vul (emphasis on the first syllable, no long “e” sound and the last syllable almost sounds “swallowed”).

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.