The Chateau Diaries #193 It’s time to put photos of the accountants on milk cartons & c if they're found

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2.33 in. She received a card. Not SJ signature, no perfume. She's pissed. As are all of us that got fooled.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I was under the impression he's from Austria?
I went back and checked the video where he flew out when Austria went into lockdown so I stand corrected.
I don't know why I thought Switzerland as I watched that video first time round.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just back from daut's house .... it is my birthday today so I am about to catch up. Daut did a lovely lunch for me and my grandson played "happy birthday" on his guitar. He is just learning and did good!

OK .... I have a husband that has lots of things in the garage that "we just might need some day" !!! That day will Never come.
Will not throw anything away. :devilish:

My heart goes out to you both MadameChat and Beachgirl . ❤❤
Wishing you a very happy birthday @Pekey. It sounds like the perfect day. 🎉🥂🍾🎂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Another Hyacinth. :) Spratt residence, Lady or Gentleman of the house speaking:love:

I'm sure either Pa Petherick or Teabag mentioned once that they hailed from Kent. I may be wrong.
They do I think but from which part I don't know. All my family originate around the Chatham area and the London side originates from the Siptalfields area. Love me some Ancestry hunting. I'll never be a Hyacinth, it's whatever you get one the day with me. Mind you Mr Spratt and me have been seeing if we do put the 'ink' in and I can say he does it more than me.

It's just a London/Essex accent. They replace 'th' with 'f' and 'g' with a 'k'
Yes Mr Spratt can't do the 'th' it's always and 'f', free instead of three. He blames going to a GLC school. :unsure: :LOL:

• Haha
Oh dear, most of my family's origins are either Kent or East London so there's no hope for me is there. I'll hold my hands up and say sometimes (depends on the company and how animated the conversation) it can slip in. Most of the time I'd say I have a Surrey dialect (if it exisits) or for special occassions I do have my 'posh telephone voice'.
Lol! There are two Surrey accents. There's the "sarf" London/Chertsey/norf Guildford accent. Then there's the RP Guildford one. My husband and I are one of each... He has always referred to me as his posh bird. At school, secondary, I was horribly ridiculed for my accent so I learnt to adapt and morph into the other Surrey accent to survive. I'm not really sure what's happened to my accent now. My son speaks more like me but throws the odd word from my husband in. And on certain words we here a French accent. We never heard the French accent until two separate people pointed it out. One was our oldest friend from the UK and the other was our French doctor!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just back from daut's house .... it is my birthday today so I am about to catch up. Daut did a lovely lunch for me and my grandson played "happy birthday" on his guitar. He is just learning and did good!

OK .... I have a husband that has lots of things in the garage that "we just might need some day" !!! That day will Never come.

happy-birthday-greeting-card-with-a-gray-koala-vector-36729629~3.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's his regional dialect associated with where he comes from in England.
Wikipedia explains it better than me.

Wikipedia says:
I honestly never noticed Billy’s dialect or his pronunciation (“everythink”) until that convent insurance vlog. And he kept saying “everythink” over and over. Now that it’s been called to my attention, it’s so annoying….like, once you see it, you can’t unsee it! 😆 No offense to Tattlers from England with that dialect, but to my American ear it just sounds bad (as I’m sure many American dialects sound atrocious to you! 😆).

• Haha

Happy Birthday Pekey XXXX

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I honestly never noticed Billy’s dialect or his pronunciation (“everythink”) until that convent insurance vlog. And he kept saying “everythink” over and over. Now that it’s been called to my attention, it’s so annoying….like, once you see it, you can’t unsee it! 😆 No offense to Tattlers from England with that dialect, but to my American ear it just sounds bad (as I’m sure many American dialects sound atrocious to you, too! 😆). 👍 👍
No offence taken Ky. I leave that to others ;) Although I don't have Billy's accent (dialect) because I am a Northerner originally I am fully aware that all accents or dialects irritate someone, somewhere. 👍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It's Down Sarf Innit 🥴
ain't it just, me ole mucker.

Lol! There are two Surrey accents. There's the "sarf" London/Chertsey/norf Guildford accent. Then there's the RP Guildford one. My husband and I are one of each... He has always referred to me as his posh bird. At school, secondary, I was horribly ridiculed for my accent so I learnt to adapt and morph into the other Surrey accent to survive. I'm not really sure what's happened to my accent now. My son speaks more like me but throws the odd word from my husband in. And on certain words we here a French accent. We never heard the French accent until two separate people pointed it out. One was our oldest friend from the UK and the other was our French doctor!
We're both most definately sarf of the riva'. I get told by my 91 year old Charentaise/Parisiene lady I work for about my Vendéen regional dialect pronounciation. Gawd, I've picked up bad habits all round.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I watched Billy’s vlog from yesterday where he discussed his insurance woes on the convent. First, I had to get over the way he said “everythink” throughout the vlog. 🙄 once I got over that…😆 In the US, if a bank lends you money (a mortgage) to buy a structure, the bank requires insurance on the property. If the property isn’t insurable, the bank won’t lend you the money to buy it. Billy said he had an extremely hard time getting the convent insured. So, either the laws or rules are different in France, or he paid for the convent “in full” and didn’t need to borrow money to buy it. I recall he said they spent $500K to buy the convent. If they paid that total in full, with no borrowing, they could have easily funded the gardeners cottage restoration. Michael’s gofundme account claimed that Gwen and Billy didn’t have the money to spend in the cottage. My guess is that was totally untrue. They just didn’t want to spend money on Michael’s folly.
Didn’t Billy also say the 400+K was their entire savings? I always felt like Gwen let Michael take on the gardener’s cottage if he could come up with the funds just so he could have his own space. Michael’s meltdowns and f*ck ups had to be well known within the family so I think Gwen wasn’t just gonna hand over $ to him. I think she keeps Billy on a regular budget as well.

Didn’t Billy also say the 400+K was their entire savings? I always felt like Gwen let Michael take on the gardener’s cottage if he could come up with the funds just so he could have his own space. Michael’s meltdowns and f*ck ups had to be well known within the family so I think Gwen wasn’t just gonna hand over $ to him. I think she keeps Billy on a regular budget as well.
Yes, I think that’s the case, although I’m baffled as to why Billy and Gwen would spend their life savings on a dilapidated convent they couldn’t even insure until recently. I’m sure Billy was shitting a brick until they finally got coverage! And they really didn’t know what they wanted to do with it until recently…doesn’t sound like a good plan for their life savings! 😆 But my real beef is that on gofundme Michael claimed Billy and Gwen didn’t have the money to renovate the cottage “for years” and it was in danger of deteriorating beyond repair. The reality is that it turns out they DID have the money, they just didn’t want to spend it on the cottage. So, Michael really wasn’t truthful on his gofundme story (imagine that!).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I had a smile at this comment when it came up on the screen.
It came out of nowhere.

Alexander has done a beautiful job of the curtains.
The labour involved in making them would easily run into the thousands if not ten of thousands.
Having worked in a drapery/upholstery workroom I can confirm the cost estimate. From what I can see Alexander knows his way around a sewing machine with a good degree of skill. It’s hard to tell the fabric quality from a video, but if it’s couture level quality $10,000 of labor could easily become $30-40,000 of finished goods. I once worked on a job that was using 90 yards of vintage Scalamandre damask. The finished room ended up with a near $100,000 price tag. And that was 20 years ago! That same job utilized another vintage fabric that was threaded with gold wire. It had been part of the grand drape from the Fox Theatre in San Francisco. I was terrified to cut into that! I must’ve doubled checked my work a half dozen times before I picked up my shears. After the entire pattern was cut and my work checked and approved I ran to the loo and threw up! That might’ve been both my favorite and most hated project. Textiles I’ll never have the pleasure to work with again but there’s not enough Valium to ever convince to try either!😱

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
It's his regional dialect associated with where he comes from in England.
Wikipedia explains it better than me.

Wikipedia says:
Another regional -ing pronunciation comes from parts of the US where the -g is left off. Drives me crazy! Somethin, nothin, anythin, etc.

• Heart
I think he prefers his gowns to be flowing, beaded, with sequins. Then of course there's the matching accessories. Shoes wouldn't be a problem as we know he cherishes his heels. Playing dress-ups with Fanny for the camera to the delight of his delusional fans. He must have felt orgasmic going through Mummy's wardrobe. For him, Fanny's overly extensive wardrobe must be a wet dream.

(Incidentally, I've just returned from clothes shopping with my husband. So I'm not feeling generous. Such a freaking trial! He doesn't like anything! After three hours of trawling through menswear stores with him, I don't know if he needs a bullet in the skull, or I do).
He sounds like me, dressing is easy... Whatever is close at hand ha ha

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Off topic: Yes, that’s so true! Yet, when I wore a suit every day to work, it was actually much simpler for me than business casual. I had multiple, nice, gray and black suits, and plenty of white button down shirts. The only “hard decision” to make was what tie to wear (I had about 100 ties in my wardrobe). Getting dressed for work was pretty easy. Suits really should make a comeback for men in the office. But I feel bad for women because they really don’t have the same option as men. I think women have to buy multiple outfits and spend so much more money on clothes than men in a corporate workplace.
Nope, I buy trouser + skirt with the matching jacket. Loads of colourful shirts.
And I have dresses, jacket over my dress, heels and i'm good to go. I always dress up in a dress when I'm having a meeting with 'though' male dominated industries because I know they will try to test my knowledge, assume my colleague is my boss and I'm there to be pretty. It is a bit like a mohammed Ali vs fraiser match. I'm Ali 😁

P.s. I love my uniform 🤣
P.s.s referrencing GOAT'S of boxing in CD. Who would have thought 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.