The Chateau Diaries #193 It’s time to put photos of the accountants on milk cartons & c if they're found

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear, most of my family's origins are either Kent or East London so there's no hope for me is there. I'll hold my hands up and say sometimes (depends on the company and how animated the conversation) it can slip in. Most of the time I'd say I have a Surrey dialect (if it exisits) or for special occassions I do have my 'posh telephone voice'.
I have a distinctive southern United States accent that has faded over the years. Depending on where I travel depends on the reception it gets. Most find it charming and it can serve as an ice breaker. Occasionally someone will rear back and look down their nose with judgement. At which point my inner witch surfaces and I tend to make them cry. The only pronunciation that grates on my nerves is fink instead of thing. As in somefink, nofink, etc. Over the years I’ve taught myself to ignore it and at least not flinch not matter how much I might wish to correct them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Nope, I buy trouser + skirt with the matching jacket. Loads of colourful shirts.
And I have dresses, jacket over my dress, heels and i'm good to go. I always dress up in a dress when I'm having a meeting with 'though' male dominated industries because I know they will try to test my knowledge, assume my colleague is my boss and I'm there to be pretty. It is a bit like a mohammed Ali vs fraiser match. I'm Ali 😁

P.s. I love my uniform 🤣
P.s.s referrencing GOAT'S of boxing in CD. Who would have thought 😅
So you "Float like a butterfly and Sting like a bee! " :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Didn’t Billy also say the 400+K was their entire savings? I always felt like Gwen let Michael take on the gardener’s cottage if he could come up with the funds just so he could have his own space. Michael’s meltdowns and f*ck ups had to be well known within the family so I think Gwen wasn’t just gonna hand over $ to him. I think she keeps Billy on a regular budget as well.
Yes, I think that’s the case, although I’m baffled as to why Billy and Gwen would spend their life savings on a dilapidated convent they couldn’t even insure until recently. I’m sure Billy was shitting a brick until they finally got coverage! And they really didn’t know what they wanted to do with it until recently…doesn’t sound like a good plan for their life savings! 😆 But my real beef is that on gofundme Michael claimed Billy and Gwen didn’t have the money to renovate the cottage “for years” and it was in danger of deteriorating beyond repair. The reality is that it turns out they DID have the money, they just didn’t want to spend it on the cottage. So, Michael really wasn’t truthful on his gofundme story (imagine that!).
Also…I think Michael’s decision to work on the cottage was really a boneheaded move on his part. He’s raised all this money through gofundme, Patreon, and YouTube to restore a cottage that isn’t even his! He doesn’t own it. All he’s doing is lining the pockets of Gwen and Billy. When he finishes, he can’t use the cottage as collateral to secure a loan to finance a business or other venture. And if he leaves the chateau, he can’t sell the gardeners cottage to buy a new home because it doesn’t belong to him. It would have been better if Michael had bought a small, quaint cottage in the vicinity of the chateau and used his gofundme and Patreon to fund its restoration. After a few years of work, it could have been finished and used as collateral for a business loan, or sold to purchase an even bigger property. As it stands, Michael will always be second fiddle and dependent on his little brother and Gwen. If Billy and Gwen had any morals, they’d at least compensate Michael for the gofundme and Patreon funds, or at a minimum compensate him for the labor he did on THEIR cottage. They definitely benefited more from the cottage financially than Michael.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Also…I think Michael’s decision to work on the cottage was really a boneheaded move on his part. He’s raised all this money through gofundme, Patreon, and YouTube to restore a cottage that isn’t even his! He doesn’t own it. All he’s doing is lining the pockets of Gwen and Billy. When he finishes, he can’t use the cottage as collateral to secure a loan to finance a business or other venture. And if he leaves the chateau, he can’t sell the gardeners cottage to buy a new home because it doesn’t belong to him. It would have been better if Michael had bought a small, quaint cottage in the vicinity of the chateau and used his gofundme and Patreon to fund its restoration. After a few years of work, it could have been finished and used as collateral for a business loan, or sold to purchase an even bigger property. As it stands, Michael will always be second fiddle and dependent on his little brother and Gwen. If Billy and Gwen had any morals, they’d at least compensate Michael for the gofundme and Patreon funds, or at a minimum compensate him for the labor he did on THEIR cottage. They definitely benefited more from the cottage financially than Michael.
Seems to me it was Pa and Sean who did most of the work with Teabag filming. :( But I take your point. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I honestly never noticed Billy’s dialect or his pronunciation (“everythink”) until that convent insurance vlog. And he kept saying “everythink” over and over. Now that it’s been called to my attention, it’s so annoying….like, once you see it, you can’t unsee it! 😆 No offense to Tattlers from England with that dialect, but to my American ear it just sounds bad (as I’m sure many American dialects sound atrocious to you! 😆).
Everyfink 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So you "Float like a butterfly and Sting like a bee! " :oops:
Exactly, they don't know what hit them, while signing contracts.

It's a good thing too because if they have to choose their 3 top companies to sample from, i'm always in the top 3 because they remember the butterfly, who took their hits like a champ and threw in her own good punches when they were exhausted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My friend, you are preaching to the choir!🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes, I think that’s the case, although I’m baffled as to why Billy and Gwen would spend their life savings on a dilapidated convent they couldn’t even insure until recently. I’m sure Billy was shitting a brick until they finally got coverage! And they really didn’t know what they wanted to do with it until recently…doesn’t sound like a good plan for their life savings! 😆 But my real beef is that on gofundme Michael claimed Billy and Gwen didn’t have the money to renovate the cottage “for years” and it was in danger of deteriorating beyond repair. The reality is that it turns out they DID have the money, they just didn’t want to spend it on the cottage. So, Michael really wasn’t truthful on his gofundme story (imagine that!).
Unless Gwen and Billy told him they didn't have the money for the cottage as it was not their priority? What are they going to do with the convent anyway? On the other matter ,regional dialects in the UK it does mean in some areas people don't pronounce their "th" but making something into "somethink" is not a dialect it truly is just poor English.

I was musing on old Fanny whilst making beds just now and I don't think it isn't the small number of people at the Shito-it is just their is no genuine rapport amongst the inhabitants. For a long time in lockdown it was just Fanny, Mummy, Marie, Antoine and Selmar and there was more warmth and the relationships felt genuine. Now everything feels forced and contrived. If we are getting bored trust me others will follow, the content is utterly banal.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Poor Michael! He has so many problems. I don't think he will ever be independent. Billy and Gwen will have to take care of him for the rest of his life. The cottage gave him something to do. He'll end up a bloated old man drawing bunnies and drinking tea from Spode cups. 🙁 It's sad. It would have been much better if Fanny would have made him her 'boyfriend' instead of Phyllis. Maybe it's not too late. 🤞 She would have to give up her TV contract due to bad blood with the Pethericks though. I never thought I'd say any of this, but compared to Phyllis, Michael is a dream. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Unless Gwen and Billy told him they didn't have the money for the cottage as it was not their priority? What are they going to do with the convent anyway? On the other matter ,regional dialects in the UK it does mean in some areas people don't pronounce their "th" but making something into "somethink" is not a dialect it truly is just poor English.

I was musing on old Fanny whilst making beds just now.
Not a sentence you hear very often 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Talking husbands and accents... my husband has a habit of speaking back to people in their local accents. Meanwhile I'm kicking him to stop. He doesn't even realise he's doing it. At 2m tall he tends to buy/wear whatever he can get to fit. Recently had to search online for an xl silk tie for a wedding. Standard length ties, no matter how they were tied, sit with a huge gap between end and waist.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Seems to me it was Pa and Sean who did most of the work with Teabag filming. :( But I take your point. 👍
Continuation. Pa was renovating his own cottage, also owned by Gwen and Billy. I wonder how that's coming along :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Exactly, they don't know what hit them, while signing contracts.

It's a good thing too because if they have to choose their 3 top companies to sample from, i'm always in the top 3 because they remember the butterfly, who took their hits like a champ and threw in her own good punches when they were exhausted.
Luna glad to see you are ok. Just read about the explosion in Istanbul.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Poor Michael! He has so many problems. I don't think he will ever be independent. Billy and Gwen will have to take care of him for the rest of his life. The cottage gave him something to do. He'll end up a bloated old man drawing bunnies and drinking tea from Spode cups. 🙁 It's sad. It would have been much better if Fanny would have made him her 'boyfriend' instead of Phyllis. Maybe it's not too late. 🤞 She would have to give up her TV contract due to bad blood with the Pethericks though. I never thought I'd say any of this, but compared to Phyllis, Michael is a dream. 🤣
Down South Michael is the archetype of the “bless his heart” pity party. And yes, that’s the mean spirited “he should be ashamed of himself” version. Mental health issues are a trial for anyone who suffers but his are no worse than anyone else’s and using them as an excuse for bad behavior helps no one. Mama P needs to stop her enabling bs or he’ll be helpless forever. Once ma and pa are gone Gwen will get fed up quick!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.